_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932258 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2400 on: June 10, 2012, 12:41:08 pm »

Add the compact Battlesuit's plate to the MkIII (a chestplate, right?) and check how has its resilience improved comparatively to an unmodified MkIII by shooting both versions with a gauss and laser rifle.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: June 10, 2012, 12:53:40 pm »

Gunner, I think I don't really need to point out targets of opportunity quite yet, you have free reign. Although, one direction, fire deep into the Altered horde, not the front line. I don't want us to vaporize too many of our boys out there. These are your new standing orders, to be followed until I say otherwise.

Driver, back off 100 meters at full speed, we're a little too close to the front for my liking. This thing may be heavily armored, but our cannons are not that effective at close range.

Note to self: Secondary close-in weapons systems, ability to reload LESHOs from inside.

((Loading the LESHOs from inside is the second purpose of the turret, I assumed that they're breech-loading, not muzzle-loading! Mounting them in the turret puts the breech in the turret, so you can stay inside and be safe while loading.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2402 on: June 10, 2012, 02:14:16 pm »

Find reading material on using Auxillary stuffs.
Aux is really a designation too wide to get something for "Aux" in general. Gonna have to be more specific about what kind of aux and where to look.

Hold on to my chimera gun with all my strength. As the monster tries to swallow me (that big pink-brown-something rapidly comes closer, and the world suddenly goes all dark), just shoot it somewhere through its insides (hopefully, those are going to be just all around).
You hold your rifle close to our chest and wait, wait as the tentacle finally whips into the air and carries you up and toward the creature's many mouths, wait as it flicks you into the widening maw, wait as you plunge down into the darkness. Finally, as the light of the closing mouth begins to fade, you fire. [end:1+1] Your arm breaks as the rifle kicks and tears itself from your grasp; you hear the round impact wetly as you fall.

Add the compact Battlesuit's plate to the MkIII (a chestplate, right?) and check how has its resilience improved comparatively to an unmodified MkIII by shooting both versions with a gauss and laser rifle.
That chest plate is gonna give you the capacity to take a gauss round straight to the chest and keep going, as well as surviving up to a minute of concentrated laser rifle fire.

Gunner, I think I don't really need to point out targets of opportunity quite yet, you have free reign. Although, one direction, fire deep into the Altered horde, not the front line. I don't want us to vaporize too many of our boys out there. These are your new standing orders, to be followed until I say otherwise.

Driver, back off 100 meters at full speed, we're a little too close to the front for my liking. This thing may be heavily armored, but our cannons are not that effective at close range.

Note to self: Secondary close-in weapons systems, ability to reload LESHOs from inside.

((Loading the LESHOs from inside is the second purpose of the turret, I assumed that they're breech-loading, not muzzle-loading! Mounting them in the turret puts the breech in the turret, so you can stay inside and be safe while loading.))
I don't remember you ever saying how that turret was setup. As it is right now, the turret is completely isolated from the inside of the machine, moving on a computer controlled, rotating base with the rifles mounted on it. The gunner is sitting inside the machine controlling the turret with a computer. It's basically like this

You could either automate the loading or modify the turret so that the breech is in the machine, but that would make the turret a weak point in your armor.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: June 10, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »

((Ah, I see. I was basing my turret as open to the rest of the hull, but your idea of what I meant makes more sense. Automated loading it is, when I get back to Tinker after this trial.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: June 10, 2012, 02:32:14 pm »

Switch the lights on and look around (attempt concentrate your vision on the surroundings if it's still hazy). Try to get hold of the gun (with the healthy arm) once more if it's nearby.
Looks like I'll need to devise a way to strap it onto one of my arms. Hmmm, maybe even bolt it in place. Nikitian chuckles as he quitely talks to himself in a ((moderately? slightly?)) pained voice.

((How are the painkillers faring? I'm not sure about the level of pain since I didn't get the roll this time - does it mean that currently I'm quite numb to it, courtesy of that 6 from before, or was there a hidden roll of 1 and because of that I'm currently unconscious (or outright dead)? ))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:28:18 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »

Slug him in the face.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: June 10, 2012, 04:28:34 pm »

That chest plate is gonna give you the capacity to take a gauss round straight to the chest and keep going, as well as surviving up to a minute of concentrated laser rifle fire.
((Sweet. So an overall nice chestplate. Will the price be 2 or 3 tokens?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: June 10, 2012, 04:30:59 pm »

Computer/electronic progamming. Read on those.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: June 10, 2012, 07:02:32 pm »

"Steve, is there some way to work out and train my muscles for a bit? Maybe a VR program? My muscles have grown weak on me over time"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: June 10, 2012, 07:04:55 pm »

((For some reason I think that May would have wanted to read about this:

))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2410 on: June 10, 2012, 07:21:21 pm »

((Ah, I see. I was basing my turret as open to the rest of the hull, but your idea of what I meant makes more sense. Automated loading it is, when I get back to Tinker after this trial.))

The tank rumbles backward as the cannons both fire into the far distance, detonating somewhere deep in the ranks of the altered. By the light of the sudden nuclear sunrise you can make out something very large in the distance. In fact, lots of very large things, a veritable mountain of flesh closing from the distance. You're enthralled by the rather terrifying sight of a living, hostile, mountain range and only notice the fact that the front line has broken just before a horde of altered spill over you.

Switch the lights on and look around (attempt concentrate your vision on the surroundings if it's still hazy). Try to get hold of the gun (with the healthy arm) once more if it's nearby.
Looks like I'll need to devise a way to strap it onto one of my arms. Hmmm, maybe even bolt it in place. Nikitian chuckles as he quitely talks to himself in a ((moderately? slightly?)) pained voice.

((How are the painkillers faring? I'm not sure about the level of pain since I didn't get the roll this time - does it mean that currently I'm quite numb to it, courtesy of that 6 from before, or was there a hidden roll of 1 and because of that I'm currently unconscious (or outright dead)? ))
(The suit's automated systems will stop you from feeling pain, at least enough pain to cause you problems. You don't get endurance rolls for pain with it.)
You pull yourself up and turn on your lights. There are men scattered all around you, some alive, most dead. The "room" is a great  meaty sack of sorts, with no exits, besides the mouth, that you can see. You sweep your lights around, looking for your weapon but it seems like its lost somewhere in that pile of men.

Slug him in the face.
[dex:6]
[Man dex:5]
You swing and he dodges, your blow misses as he steps away, leaving you both separated by several feet.
[Dex:1]
[Man dex:2]
The man charges at you, attempting to tackle you but misses, flying past you helplessly. Despite being in no danger you throw yourself backwards in an awkward dodge and end up flat on your back.

((Sweet. So an overall nice chestplate. Will the price be 2 or 3 tokens?))
Lets go 3.

Computer/electronic progamming. Read on those.
Where would you like to look for such materials?

"Steve, is there some way to work out and train my muscles for a bit? Maybe a VR program? My muscles have grown weak on me over time"

>VR machine would only work your Virtual muscles. Try fighting someone in the sparing ring.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: June 10, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »

Hearing Steve talking to Lukas, May appears out of the ground next to him. "Oooh! Pick me! Pick me!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: June 10, 2012, 07:26:09 pm »

Gunner, target that creature, with any luck it'll go down before it hits our front lines.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: June 10, 2012, 07:26:17 pm »

Lets go 3.
((...Damn. I guess I am lacking one token. Hopefully when Jim comes back and gives me that amp from the arm I may fix that...If he manages to come back.

How much it would cost to fix that amp into an usable state? And how much would I gain for selling it as it is?))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: June 10, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »

See if the men show signs of acid corrosion; stay away from liquids (preferably stand on the corpses which are not corroded on the upper side). Look around for weapons (or other equipment) of the fallen soldiers, and try to dig inside that pile a bit looking for my trusty chimera gun (or that of my unlucky teammate).
Anybody alive here? Need help?
Help the yet living to unbury from the pile, if needed, while digging the pile for a chimera gun.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 2101