_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932158 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2385 on: June 10, 2012, 02:25:53 am »

@TCM: He means F.A.T.A.L., which is a rather peculiar little tabletop game no one sane has ever played. Not even the insane, like Elisaz/May, has played it. I'm not going to say anything more about it, except that Piecewise mentioned it himself a while back when I was joking around about the Feyri/Jim ship.)
(( Tell me more about this fascinating game.

@Skyrunner: And so I've heard. I read an article on women's clothing, and discussed it with a female peer. And then we went on a discussion about how to strangle someone with a bra.

That's how I'm able to make such messed up characters. Because I never learned that it's a bad idea to flirt with psycho lesbians.))

((Why oh why did I have to go and waste 15 minutes of my life to check out what F.A.T.A.L. is???))
((Because you didn't know what it was.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: June 10, 2012, 02:27:45 am »

((\0-0/ The fact that most of us were probably undressed means that that little orgy of WTF in the rec room a while back just got its creepiness level upgraded in my mind. I wonder if the armory stocks brain bleach?

Also, as soon as this BoH simulation ends, I'm going the way of Milno: Armor on, even while on-ship.))

Gunner, get new shells in the LESHOs, quickly. I know for a fact that we probably did NOT vaporize the entire Altered army in one shot, so while we can't target any is our best time to get prepared for more. Driver, advance another 400 meters.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:32:03 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: June 10, 2012, 02:28:18 am »

Technically, everyone comes out of stasis naked so anyone who just wandered off and started doing things should still be naked. It's just not something I really enforce or even talk about much because, well, it just doesn't come up. You guys can imagine yourselves running around in S&M gear for all I care, but when it comes down to it.

As per the underwear situation, the ship's barracks has a "limitless" supply of gray unisex shirts, pants and shorts. Those shorts are as close to underwear as you get. Be glad you're not all in jumpsuits or, god  forbid, skin tight latex.

((Woops))

Lukas just realizes something terribly embarrassing. "Oh damn, it must be the effect of being in stasis for too long."

Run off to find some clothes or an oak leaf...Preferably clothes
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 10, 2012, 02:40:42 am »

(( Let's just say I got dressed when I explored the ship and visited the barracks (right after leaving the pods). Is that reasonable enough? ))
Initiate another overcharge shot, dodge the tentacles (or whatever comes after me) until the charge is ready.
Actually, looks like I'm going to be a bad gunner or driver, Nick. Still, if you have no problems with that, I shall do my best.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:56:20 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: June 10, 2012, 02:44:13 am »

I doubt you can fail too badly with the LESHOs. They practically work themselves, and even then, this thing just proved that it can survive the indirect effects of the shots from 400-600 meters away, possibly closer, despite the warning of "Fission-assisted suntans" and the fact that it's doubled. You'll do fine.

Either that or you could spawn yourself in command of a second one. These things have a command interface that "links" them, they share information with one another. If you spawn in command of a second one, I can see what your gunner and driver see, and vice-versa. I can't control it, but firing resolution, view of the battlefield, etc. are all shared.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:06:53 am by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 10, 2012, 03:14:55 am »

If you say it's fine with you than it's also fine with me.

By the way, just got a thought: does that invention of yours have any secondary weapons? I mean, something that can be used to target things at only a few feet away. Or maybe an infantry detachment? Because those pesky infantry men can be really dangerous if they're allowed to get close with their nuclear grenades and such stuff.
Not that it really matters if you can dispatch them on sight before they are able to enter the dead zone.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: June 10, 2012, 03:22:15 am »

((I... was honestly not expecting to be that correct. Damn you, HMRC!

As for a cutting torch, how much would those cost? If they don't use batteries, how much would one that used batteries cost?

Also, blegh on that review's beginning. Wayyyyy too much ranting baseless* bile and not enough funny example density at first. Even later on, the constant "these authors huffed paint/are unwashed and unattractive/are closet violent psychopaths" stuff doesn't really add anything to it, I think.

*At the time it's written, at least. They do get into why eventually, but it's still too long to just be an introduction or thesis.

That said, oh god these examples. Once it gets going, which is to say quoting stuff instead of just ranting, it's absolutely beautiful.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:04 am »

At the moment, I'm testing the primary systems. I haven't put on secondary weapons quite yet, although I do have it so that if there is an issue, you won't be climbing out and into enemy fire unarmed.

As well, I haven't been able to quite determine what, exactly, I want for secondaries, laser fed power from an onboard generator maybe, but lasers attenuate very rapidly. On the other hand, rapid-fire heavy kinetic weapons seem to be in short supply, and I don't want to use too light of a weapon for secondaries that it isn't all that useful.

Although I had, at one point, considered a slightly insane idea, mount what would essentially be a massive monoatomic razor on the front, so hitting anything would slice whatever got hit to ribbons. But that idea might be a bit impractical.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: June 10, 2012, 06:36:27 am »

((\0-0/ The fact that most of us were probably undressed means that that little orgy of WTF in the rec room a while back just got its creepiness level upgraded in my mind. I wonder if the armory stocks brain bleach?
((Actually no need to worry. The fact is that things here tend to the players "say-so". For example, I remember the pervert looked into the room, but he only saw May as the only "female" naked.

That basically means that even though some people did not spend an action in looking for clothing, the GM is assuming they have some.))
(( Let's just say I got dressed when I explored the ship and visited the barracks (right after leaving the pods). Is that reasonable enough? ))
((Of course, that is what we have been using. I think that is like the "eating and drinking" stuff. Many of the convicts haven't eaten nor ingested water in days, but they are still alive because you can simply suppose they did so.

I think some people actually want almost everyone to be naked. Forget about it and start doing something useful you lecherous bums.))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:03:30 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: June 10, 2012, 09:30:03 am »

"Hrmm. Ah well. Should be fine. Time to take a break, and get to know my teammates."

Examine room for people.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:17 am »

Milno checks if an EMP is able to affect a dummy with a shunt. Yes, the dummy can attempt to block the EMP.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: June 10, 2012, 10:59:02 am »

I think some people actually want almost everyone to be naked. Forget about it and start doing something useful you lecherous bums.

(+1)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2397 on: June 10, 2012, 12:14:30 pm »

On an unrelated note here, Has anyone seen Prometheus? If you have,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stay evasive, don't get hit.
[dex:4-1]
[Man dex:2]
The man lurches forward with a wild swing, missing you entirely as you stumble back, attempting to put some distance between yourself and your attacker. The haze in your head clears and the man comes back into focus.

Also, as soon as this BoH simulation ends, I'm going the way of Milno: Armor on, even while on-ship.))

Gunner, get new shells in the LESHOs, quickly. I know for a fact that we probably did NOT vaporize the entire Altered army in one shot, so while we can't target any is our best time to get prepared for more. Driver, advance another 400 meters.

The gunner scrambles out of his seat and grabs two LESHO shells before opening the exit hatch and climbing out. He returns a minute later and closes the hatch before taking his seat. The driver pushes the tank further toward the front, the crater you made not minutes ago already beginning to fill with altered and soldiers, flooding in from the endless hordes all around it. Either side, altered and man, extends into the unseeable distance in both length and width, two great seas of oil and water, crashing and boiling off one another. Men are running past you, slapping the side of the tank and filling the cabin with a dull ringing as it trundles on another 400 meters to the point that it's almost on the front line, just a few dozen meters from that cloud of blood and smoke.

Technically, everyone comes out of stasis naked so anyone who just wandered off and started doing things should still be naked. It's just not something I really enforce or even talk about much because, well, it just doesn't come up. You guys can imagine yourselves running around in S&M gear for all I care, but when it comes down to it.

As per the underwear situation, the ship's barracks has a "limitless" supply of gray unisex shirts, pants and shorts. Those shorts are as close to underwear as you get. Be glad you're not all in jumpsuits or, god  forbid, skin tight latex.

((Woops))

Lukas just realizes something terribly embarrassing. "Oh damn, it must be the effect of being in stasis for too long."

Run off to find some clothes or an oak leaf...Preferably clothes
You run back to the barracks and grab some pants, a shirt and shorts. You put them on in a hurry, quietly wondering why you've been running around naked this whole time.

Initiate another overcharge shot, dodge the tentacles (or whatever comes after me) until the charge is ready.
Actually, looks like I'm going to be a bad gunner or driver, Nick. Still, if you have no problems with that, I shall do my best.
Yeah, sure, fair enough.

You begin another super overcharge as the creature's tentacles again sweep down, this time so low as to scrape the top foot of blood soaked mud off the ground as the follow wide arcs across the battlefield.
[dex:1+1]
You try to drop out of the way, but even with your faster then human movements you can't escape this blow. The tentacle slams into you, a dozen barb ringed suckers latching on instantly, spines clamping down on your exoskeleton, tearing shallow wounds through your suit. The suit pumps you full of painkillers and coagulant boosters as the tentacle continues along the ground slamming you through debris, mud and fellow soldiers. [end:5+1] You grit your teeth as the world becomes a blur of speed and pain, pressed flat by acceleration, barely able to breathe between the g-forces and the indistinct objects which are battering you.

((I... was honestly not expecting to be that correct. Damn you, HMRC!

As for a cutting torch, how much would those cost? If they don't use batteries, how much would one that used batteries cost?

Also, blegh on that review's beginning. Wayyyyy too much ranting baseless* bile and not enough funny example density at first. Even later on, the constant "these authors huffed paint/are unwashed and unattractive/are closet violent psychopaths" stuff doesn't really add anything to it, I think.

*At the time it's written, at least. They do get into why eventually, but it's still too long to just be an introduction or thesis.

That said, oh god these examples. Once it gets going, which is to say quoting stuff instead of just ranting, it's absolutely beautiful.))
The cutting torch is in the standard armory under Aux. It uses chemical canisters, not batteries, but each is good for 10 minutes of cutting and they only cost 1 each. The torch itself is 3. It's the thing that Bishop has been using to cut open all those doors.

((Actually no need to worry. The fact is that things here tend to the players "say-so". For example, I remember the pervert looked into the room, but he only saw May as the only "female" naked.

That basically means that even though some people did not spend an action in looking for clothing, the GM is assuming they have some.))
((Of course, that is what we have been using. I think that is like the "eating and drinking" stuff. Many of the convicts haven't eaten nor ingested water in days, but they are still alive because you can simply suppose they did so.

I think some people actually want almost everyone to be naked. Forget about it and start doing something useful you lecherous bums.))
Yeah, basically I assume you all got dressed in the standard stuff unless you said otherwise, like with may. Eating and drinking are of course the same way. I'm not gonna sit here and micromanage you all having a drink or taking a poo or wearing your sock; thats not what the game is about after all.

"Hrmm. Ah well. Should be fine. Time to take a break, and get to know my teammates."

Examine room for people.
You look around the room for people. There are indeed people here.

Milno checks if an EMP is able to affect a dummy with a shunt. Yes, the dummy can attempt to block the EMP.
Depends if the dummy can see it coming or not. If you huck an emp grenade at it then yeah, it can block it. But if you just cause an emp then it's not like they can see it coming. Of course, real shunts may be insulated.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: June 10, 2012, 12:23:43 pm »

Find reading material on using Auxillary stuffs.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 10, 2012, 12:27:00 pm »

Hold on to my chimera gun with all my strength. As the monster tries to swallow me (that big pink-brown-something rapidly comes closer, and the world suddenly goes all dark), just shoot it somewhere through its insides (hopefully, those are going to be just all around).
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 2101