_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922872 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2175 on: June 07, 2012, 11:22:26 am »

((Poor resident pervert. He just can't catch a break. :P

So, what would be required to make it effective against the sentinel? Would just upping the voltage to fatal-to-humans levels do anything?

And what about more traditional robotics; same issue?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2176 on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:01 pm »

He wasn't wearing the helmet. If he had it on the bar would have just glanced off. I was giving E a fighting chance. Not that it matters much.
((Actually, Skyrunner wanted to see how Empyrean's metal club fared against someone wearing armor. I'm editing that part of Milno's reaction out then.

@Skyrunner: I think you get the overall idea that a club is basically useless by now unless you are planning on whacking someone with no armor. Try it against someone both very incompetent and inside a MkI, like the resident pervert.))
Against the helmet it's useless yeah, the helmet is designed exactly for the purpose of protecting your head from crap like that. Against a MK III it's pretty much useless against the body too, because the exoskeleton will block it. Against MK I and II bodies though, it can do some damage, potentially even fatal damage, but it won't be that easy.

((I take that the handicap is there because of my sprained back, right? Which I sprained because I had only 10 str instead of something-around-15 required to fire the 4x overcharge?
Also, just to make sure - this is the first time you show the roll modifier because you didn't feel like showing the positive ones, because it finally outmatched them (and it is actually -2 or 03) or, well, for no reason in particular? :) ))
Fire at the monster again.
Actually the handicap is just because you're firing the gun at a target at long range. Your end roll was good enough that you won't get a modifier unless you do something like that again and further screw up your arm. And yeah, the sprain was from being understrengthed. Though thats not a roll, thats a 1/10 chance. As per the last of that sentence I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll skip your action in case you don't want to shoot again since you're gonna get a -1 again.

Open a view of Nik's battle on a screen in Tinker, just in time to see him slice his own man in half.

Something tells me that you're not the best with conventional weapons, eh?

Spawn an ARSC and examine it carefully.

To nobody in particular:
Time for the big toys.
The ARSC is basically a massive vaguely wedge shaped metal goliath suspended upon several clusters of armored, articulated rocket pods that are set flush into the bottom of the vehicle. The only entrance looks to be a pair of very heavy, sturdy doors set in the back. The interior has several sets of reenforced impact harnesses to protect the passengers as well as a impact gel bucket seat for the driver. The "windshield" is a giant display screen hooked up to external cameras.

Milno scratches the underside of his helmet inside the VR. Now he has two problems to attend to. Firstly, he watched Faith ripping off someone else's head in the VR with no help from powered armor, remembering him of the events of the rec room with Elisaz, and secondly he needs to check how would a Battlesuit work with someone wearing a MkIII inside it.

The berserking female comes first.

Milno spawns a copy of Faith into an environment simulating the ship and makes so that she activates whatever it was that she did at the time with her wrist.
He adds all the people in the rec room into the simulation but makes it so she wanted to kill only Renen before entering her berserk state.

His intention is discovering how well she can control herself whilst dominated by the state of fury.

The berserking Faith makes a beeline straight for Renen and proceeds to smash, rip, tear and generally mutilate him for roughly 30 seconds before abruptly reverting to normal and seeming very confused and injured.

((Poor resident pervert. He just can't catch a break. :P

So, what would be required to make it effective against the sentinel? Would just upping the voltage to fatal-to-humans levels do anything?

And what about more traditional robotics; same issue?))
Well, the sentinel isn't gonna be very much effected either way because it's a non-traditional robot, though high charges can disrupt it. But when it comes to normal robots yeah, you need higher charges.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 07, 2012, 01:08:56 pm »

Five pre-defined different fire modes (custom are possible) plus the usual intensity/diffusion settings for the pulse part and the option to overcharge for the gauss part.
((Eh, I was talking about my other roll modifiers which were not shown, but I suppose were implied (+1 to conventional weapons from profession and +1 to endurance from 5 base points + 10 more from the sub-exoskeleton - and the differing range bonuses for the gauss rifle part and pulse rifle part, of course). Also, just to make sure - why is that -1 modifier from long range applied to the pulse rifle shots? I mean, those have the same range modifiers as the laser rifle shots ( +0 for long range, just checked), or is it that firing at that long range implies negative modifier regardless of the weapon range modifiers? ))
Take a deep breath, spend a few seconds concentrating on achieving tranquility of mind and fire at the monster again, in one long pulse.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:11:59 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:26 pm »

Attempt to increase the capacity of the shock crowd gauntlets to be able to affect robots and such, while retaining the ability to do lower settings.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 07, 2012, 01:25:18 pm »

Not bad, although I'm sure in a more close-quarters situation the various options won't matter all that much, you'd be too busy using it to try for the best option, tactically.

Could be completely wrong about that, though. Not much good at tactical, better at strategic. Also: I think you'll like my next idea.

Search through the database for current equivalents of the old tread system used on armored vehicles.

Also reshape the ARSC's body to be more rectangular, rather than wedge-shaped, and add a rotating armored mount on top, shaped like a hexagon but with the front elongated. Also, the sides of the vehicle and armored mount are sloped to 45 degrees inward.

Also, spawn a Fission Instigator and examine it. Try to find why it cannot be reloaded.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:25:25 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: June 07, 2012, 01:36:35 pm »

Milno watches the grim show with a tinge of curiosity. What if her target is out of sight?

Milno recreates the same situation, but this time Renen is nowhere to be seen. Let's see if she tries to kill everyone.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2181 on: June 07, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

Five pre-defined different fire modes (custom are possible) plus the usual intensity/diffusion settings for the pulse part and the option to overcharge for the gauss part.
((Eh, I was talking about my other roll modifiers which were not shown, but I suppose were implied (+1 to conventional weapons from profession and +1 to endurance from 5 base points + 10 more from the sub-exoskeleton - and the differing range bonuses for the gauss rifle part and pulse rifle part, of course). Also, just to make sure - why is that -1 modifier from long range applied to the pulse rifle shots? I mean, those have the same range modifiers as the laser rifle shots ( +0 for long range, just checked), or is it that firing at that long range implies negative modifier regardless of the weapon range modifiers? ))
Take a deep breath, spend a few seconds concentrating on achieving tranquility of mind and fire at the monster again, in one long pulse.
Oh, dang, I was thinking hand laser for that -1. And I thought you were a technician  again. And that 15 endurance. This is because I don't have a cheat sheet for you yet because your lack of missions, so I miss shit. So consider your man unsliced, and your shot a glace. Not that the shot really matters, it's a mile away and barely gonna do a dang thing. You're lucky you're using a laser, a gauss rifle probably wouldn't even reach it without a hell of a lot of angling.

[Con:1+1] You calm yourself and then shoot straight up into the air like a crazy person. The creature is now close enough that you can make out the layers of heavy boney carapace coating it's body and the hundreds of tree trunk thick legs which are carrying the enormous centipede body along. The great bundles of tentacles on it's back are whipping out and snapping up dozens of men at a time as it bulldozes it's way in your direction.

Attempt to increase the capacity of the shock crowd gauntlets to be able to affect robots and such, while retaining the ability to do lower settings.
Gonna need a more powerful battery and more sturdy electronics to boost the power that much.

Not bad, although I'm sure in a more close-quarters situation the various options won't matter all that much, you'd be too busy using it to try for the best option, tactically.

Could be completely wrong about that, though. Not much good at tactical, better at strategic. Also: I think you'll like my next idea.

Search through the database for current equivalents of the old tread system used on armored vehicles.

Also reshape the ARSC's body to be more rectangular, rather than wedge-shaped, and add a rotating armored mount on top, shaped like a hexagon but with the front elongated. Also, the sides of the vehicle and armored mount are sloped to 45 degrees inward.

Also, spawn a Fission Instigator and examine it. Try to find why it cannot be reloaded.
Adding treads, reshaping the entire thing, adding that mount and all that is gonna be a bit...well intensive. You'd practically be just building an entirely new vehicle using the original for spare parts. You can do it, but it's gonna cost a hell of a lot.

You create your ideal vehicle in the simulation via a liberal amount of help from the computer.

You then pull up a fission instigator and fire it off into the far distance before taking a look at it. It's not hard to tell the problem as you open it up: all of the internal circuitry is burnt and destroyed.

Milno watches the grim show with a tinge of curiosity. What if her target is out of sight?

Milno recreates the same situation, but this time Renen is nowhere to be seen. Let's see if she tries to kill everyone.
Faith seems to spend 30 seconds searching for her target, hurling objects and people out of the way in her search but not targeting anyone for focused violence.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 07, 2012, 04:04:56 pm »

Well, whatever. She can be a berserking moron, but at the very least she can pick her targets...But she may still be a hazard in a mission if her systems are damaged.

Try once more, but this time with Faith without the arm she uses to activate her berserk mode. If it fails, try checking which kind of damage and how extensive it needs to be for her to start killing anyone.

((This is not Milno looking for a very good excuse to take her down. He would never, ever think of such a thing. Of course.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 07, 2012, 04:12:55 pm »

((This is Milno looking for any excuse to take her down. He would devote every waking moment to thinking of such a thing. Of course.))

(FTFY. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 07, 2012, 04:20:33 pm »

Look for any way to harden the circuitry, if I can find any, abandon the fusion instigator and spawn a pair of LESHO rifles, examining them for anything out-of-the-ordinary.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 07, 2012, 04:28:22 pm »

Nibble on Thomas's ear.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 07, 2012, 04:38:42 pm »

((This is Milno looking for any excuse to take her down. He would devote every waking moment to thinking of such a thing. Of course.))
((I say this is very well done, Sir. I lol'd.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:59:06 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 07, 2012, 04:55:24 pm »

Enjoy the show.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: June 07, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »

(( Well, I guess it's kinda easy to take me for a technician, with all that tinkering and all  :P
Also, just to make sure - are the bots firing, or not?))
Status report, team.
Fire at the monster once again (still in long pulses).

((This is not Milno looking for a very good excuse to take her down. He would never, ever think of such a thing. Of course.))
(( Well, yes, of course! Milno doesn't need such a trifle as an excuse. Because he's  the damn Honey Badger, after all. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: June 07, 2012, 04:59:02 pm »

Load unarmed berserk mode Faithbot versus unarmed but hostile robots. Observe results.

Load berserk mode Faithbot armed with kinetic amplifiers versus hostile but unarmed robots. Observe results.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 2101