_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921731 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2130 on: June 06, 2012, 12:24:02 am »

((Caellath: If you're going for EMP shielding, go for a Faraday Cage. They can be quite light, and they're most effective.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: June 06, 2012, 01:37:27 am »

Thomas seems to have left the channel on some sort of historical program about a sniper because he's too busy cuddling with may.

Watch the historical program
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 06, 2012, 03:39:08 am »

((Caellath: If you're going for EMP shielding, go for a Faraday Cage. They can be quite light, and they're most effective.))
((The GM already mentioned them.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 06, 2012, 03:53:43 am »

((The GM already mentioned them.))

((Whoops, missed that.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 06, 2012, 04:59:19 am »

Sure. Be my guest, Nick. Then Nikitian switches back to mission channel.
Blasted xenos mongrels!
If that satyr hasn't gone down, fire a pulse at it. Look out once more and send two gauss rounds at the next closest Altered (if it looks like having chitin carapace or something like that, let one of the rounds be AP). See if there are retreating soldires nearby.

(( I take it, the atmosphere is there, and is breathable? And thus the ordinary soldiers here aren't wearing any kind of suits? Also, do we have any means of communicating with people without suits - or just 'take off the helmet and shout'?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 06, 2012, 06:36:25 am »

"Oooh, sniping. Let's watch." May turns around and sits in Thomas's lap.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 06, 2012, 06:37:32 am »

Milno checks the price for both and uses an EMP on two MkIII suits, each with a different solution.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 06, 2012, 08:06:56 am »

The spar field is a non-descript white area with a floor by the way.

Attack Faith-bot and execute a throw to take her down to the floor using as little force as necessary. Then immobilize her all the while groping all of her soft parts.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2138 on: June 06, 2012, 12:59:27 pm »

Thomas seems to have left the channel on some sort of historical program about a sniper because he's too busy cuddling with may.

Watch the historical program
"Oooh, sniping. Let's watch." May turns around and sits in Thomas's lap.

The program is a rather long one that goes over the man's entire lifetime and his service. He grew up on a farm planet and lead a relatively normal and exceedingly boring life before being drafted into the newly formed UWM army at the age of 15. Following the standard UWM enlistment procedures of extensive gene therapy, cybernetic grafts, and speed implanted knowledge of everything from 57 ways to silently kill a man to how to start a fire using nothing but two sticks and a rocket launcher, he is thrown onto Hellion 8, one of 11 moons orbiting a gas giant in the Hexbarax system. He distinguished himself by not only killing a sizable amount of increasingly inhuman altered beings but also surviving, the first being an expectation laid upon all soldiers and the second being a mark of distinction and skill.

From Hellion 8, which was glassed and subsequently pushed into the Gas giant, he made his way up the ranks and around the system until finally landing on Hexbarax, the capital of the eponymous system. At this point he began training sniper units to work with the LESHO rifle, a weapon of his own construction. His units quickly replaced many short range artillery systems because of their peerless accuracy and horrifying destructive power. After the end of the Altered wars he retired to Earth 3, a powerful fortress world, and became the father of the Shadow Walkers, the elite assassination corps of the UWM.

Sure. Be my guest, Nick. Then Nikitian switches back to mission channel.
Blasted xenos mongrels!
If that satyr hasn't gone down, fire a pulse at it. Look out once more and send two gauss rounds at the next closest Altered (if it looks like having chitin carapace or something like that, let one of the rounds be AP). See if there are retreating soldires nearby.

(( I take it, the atmosphere is there, and is breathable? And thus the ordinary soldiers here aren't wearing any kind of suits? Also, do we have any means of communicating with people without suits - or just 'take off the helmet and shout'?))
You're all wearing Mk I suits at least. Some Altered use poisons and other airborne weapons, so soldiers wear their suits at all times.

The satyr is down and the men around you are advancing...no, not advancing, moving to either side, parting like water upon a rock. The altered are moving with them and you soon see why; something massive is moving toward you, shaking the ground hard enough to make it nearly impossible to stand, a great shadow looming out through the dust and smoke.

Milno checks the price for both and uses an EMP on two MkIII suits, each with a different solution.
What size of emp you want to use? Because when it comes to standard emp grenades both solutions will work equally well.

The spar field is a non-descript white area with a floor by the way.

Attack Faith-bot and execute a throw to take her down to the floor using as little force as necessary. Then immobilize her all the while groping all of her soft parts.
As you near the faith-bot she seems to be pressing something on her wrist, like she's taking her own pulse. Weird. You charge forward anyways, attempting to throw her to the ground.
[dex:1+1]
[Faith dex:6+1+2]
[Faith str:4+3-1]
You go to grab her shoulder and your hand passes through nothing as she seems to flicker out of existence. And then you feel a pair of improbably powerful yet skinny, feminine arms wrap themselves around your head. You have just enough time to make a startled, high pitched noise before she twists and yanks at the same time, shattering your spine and then tearing your head straight off your shoulders.

GAME OVER.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 06, 2012, 01:02:23 pm »

"Goddamn. This man was amazing."

Thomas continues channel surfing. Then he looks at the android on his lap and the man sitting in the same room.

"Hey, what do you guys wanna watch?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 06, 2012, 01:19:21 pm »

Milno checks the price for both solutions.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 06, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »

((Is it advancing from our side or from the ranks of the Altered? Does the shadow look like one of our glorious Titans or, well, something else?
How big is the quickly clearing area, and how far away is the rest of the team?))
If there are any Altered advancing to engage me, shoot them (3 gauss rounds), otherwise just get into the trench, keep low profile and switch the chimera gun to fire mode C (4-circuits-simultaneously routed to the gauss part) and make it start powering up for the overcharge shot (with the AP ammo, of course).
Take cover and hide! Chimeras to C, AP rounds, prepare overcharge. At my command, bring the big one down!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:47:37 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2142 on: June 06, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »

Yes.

Try to charge at Milno and knock him over... or something.

((Has no idea what capabilities of everything are, so...))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2143 on: June 06, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »

Milno checks the price for both solutions.

3 to insulate very important parts, 5 to replace.

((Is it advancing from our side or from the ranks of the Altered? Does the shadow look like one of our glorious Titans or, well, something else?
How big is the quickly clearing area, and how far away is the rest of the team?))
If there are any Altered advancing to engage me, shoot them (3 gauss rounds), otherwise just get into the trench, keep low profile and switch the chimera gun to fire mode C (4-circuits-simultaneously routed to the gauss part) and make it start powering up for the overcharge shot (with the AP ammo, of course).
Take cover and hide! Chimeras to C, AP rounds, prepare overcharge. At my command, bring the big one down!
It's coming from the altered side. It is very very large, over 100 meters tall,  and very different from what you'd expect a titan to look like. As it gets closer your can see that it's using great masses of tentacles to catch fleeing soldiers and hurl them into countless sphincter like mouths that dot it's flesh.

Yes.

Try to charge at Milno and knock him over... or something.

((Has no idea what capabilities of everything are, so...))
I have a new combat system I'd like to try out, would you mind being the test subject?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2144 on: June 06, 2012, 05:59:31 pm »

Sure.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 2101