_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921269 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2055 on: June 03, 2012, 04:59:04 pm »

Hm.

Walk around the ship and poke every HRMC-member in the face, accompanied with saying "Boop."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 03, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »

Milno checks the disadvantages of the DNA-locking system. Leave the VR afterwards.

Walk around the ship and poke every HRMC-member in the face, accompanied with saying "Boop."

"Drugs should be bought. At the very least access to them would be more difficult."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: June 03, 2012, 05:04:35 pm »

Ace throws a battlesuit onto each of the captains, and gives them electric sabres and laser rifles. He then makes Scylla into robot Scylla, because he can.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2058 on: June 03, 2012, 06:58:32 pm »

(( Let's see, 5 TPU x 1 minute recharge= ... 300 TPU to fire HEP. Oh. Now that explains that much. ))

Check if replacing Tesla Arc's Battery with 5 Gauss Rifle generators would allow to fire it continiously.
Test if the superior strength of the user (more like, of his/her exoskeleton) could negate the problem of the burst-fire recoil.
As for increasing negative feedback of an exoskeleton, try to make it move faster than if you were naked - by not just following, but pushing your body where it was heading (something like this:

Code: [Select]
| = exoskeleton part,
>+ = pressure applied
| *limb* | then, if | *limb*>+| => |>+>+>+*limb*>+| then, to stop moving, |>+>+>+*limb* | => | *limb* |
so that reading where the body moves apply and actually pushing it  would be two in different places, thus each process hopefully not affecting the other).
The problem of using the exoskeleton to reduce recoil as it is, is that there's still that instant before you an react in which the gun is kicking up. It's not the strength so much as the fact that you don't react quickly enough to completely negate the kick. Thats why milno's thing works, because it does it automatically.

As per that configuration...sure, give it a try. Worst comes to worst you tear a virtual arm off.

Hm.

[dex:2] You go around and attempt to poke your crewmates on the nose. They all, without exception, dodge your efforts. Finally, with a dejected frown, drooping shoulders and hanging head, you poke yourself in the nose and let out a melancholy "boop."

Milno checks the disadvantages of the DNA-locking system. Leave the VR afterwards.

"Drugs should be bought. At the very least access to them would be more difficult."
The system has the occasional habit of not recognizing it's owner and shutting down.

Ace throws a battlesuit onto each of the captains, and gives them electric sabres and laser rifles. He then makes Scylla into robot Scylla, because he can.
You place each captain in a battlesuit and jam futuristic weapons into their hands. While you're digging through option menus, looking for a way to make scylla into a robot, the captains continue to flail uselessly in their armor; most drop their weapons but Kidd manages to kill himself with the sabre.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 03, 2012, 07:04:48 pm »

Start free-style singing about ponies.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: June 03, 2012, 07:05:23 pm »

Forward into the new room or back into the old one?

Back into the old one.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 03, 2012, 07:07:35 pm »

((May is still as silly as Elisaz was.))

Milno checks if the "shutting down" problem can be dealt with by refining the program.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 03, 2012, 07:49:18 pm »

((The shield isnt newly foot thick, it was just about that before, I just rearranged the layers.))

Repeat tests after removing the tertiary reflective layer, as well as the thinnest layers of both hard and soft armors.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2063 on: June 03, 2012, 08:54:50 pm »

Boot training session:
  Parameters: Go through current member (player) list one by one as opponents. The environment is a featureless 10 by 10 by 10 meter room with indestructible walls of a unreflective and hard nature.
  Go alphabetically.
  Self parameters are :Full strength :MKII suit :Steel pipe
  Completely regenerate self after each death, be it mine or opponent's.
  Also, start with armory master.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 03, 2012, 09:09:25 pm »

((Those results are predictable, but I suppose they may be worth it just for watching what the younger version of the armory master will say this time. I wonder if she'll stick to her "first move is yours, it is only fair".))
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 03, 2012, 09:18:41 pm »

Boot training session:
  Parameters: Go through current member (player) list one by one as opponents. The environment is a featureless 10 by 10 by 10 meter room with indestructible walls of a unreflective and hard nature.
  Go alphabetically.

((It's too bad that Empyrean does not have any balls.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: June 03, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »

((So is it too bad that a woman does not have balls?

...No comments, but I prefer not to know how many women you met had balls.))
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 03, 2012, 10:36:30 pm »

((So is it too bad that a woman does not have balls?

...No comments, but I prefer not to know how many women you met had balls.))

((How does Empyrean translate to "any woman" for you? I think you know perfectly well what I mean. ;)))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:19:10 am by Prosperus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2068 on: June 04, 2012, 12:27:44 am »

[int:2]
"Ponies are really neat..I like ponies...they're really nice...and doo dee doo dee doo."

Voice of an angel.

Forward into the new room or back into the old one?

Back into the old one.
[dex:1] You leap toward the stairs but completely misjudge your angle and smack faceplate first into the wall beside it. As you groan and push yourself up you notice another of those black boxes stuck against the wall a few feet away. This one has a blinking red light on it. Huh, wonder what that me--

And then you're on the menu screen.

((May is still as silly as Elisaz was.))

Milno checks if the "shutting down" problem can be dealt with by refining the program.
It looks like it's not so much the program as the sampling hardware.

((The shield isnt newly foot thick, it was just about that before, I just rearranged the layers.))

Repeat tests after removing the tertiary reflective layer, as well as the thinnest layers of both hard and soft armors.
Really? Huh. Guess I was just had that wrong.

Basically, the less armor layers you have, the less hits you can take. Hard armor and cloth both protect against ballistic, reflective against laser, hard against slashing.

Boot training session:
  Go alphabetically.
You appear in your designated room with your chosen armor and weapon. The armory master, clad in her kinetic shunt appears at the other end of the room, casually reading a magazine.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: June 04, 2012, 12:56:31 am »

Test the aforementioned improved exoskeleton configuration; start with small increase of the negative feedback and slowly raise it.

See how much the energy capacitors totalling 600 TPU (double that of the HEP (high energy projector) shot)  would cost in tokens.

Try replacing the Tesla Arc Battery with 5 gauss rifle power generators.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 2101