_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920876 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The lack of a sparring partner is really obvious in these instances. And Jim was the best possible choice, seeing as he was made of metal and a nice challenge.))

Milno idly taps the MkIII's right forearm armor, not surprised if there was nothing about his homeworld's solar system. All of the planets probably follow the same feudal underdeveloped system, and they would only be part of the news if an alien fleet decided to conquer it and spread from there. He is slightly disappointed it did not happen.

Milno decides to check if the MkIII has some system to prevent other people from wearing and using it aside from its owner.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Attach and fuse in a high energy projector to the underside of the chimera gun; estimate the weight of the previous and the current variants of the chimera gun, and see if it is less unwieldy (less lopsided) now.
Move the gauss part to the underside of the pulse part, and reposition the magazine slots on both sides of the chimera gun. Check the price and weight of the weapon.

Measure and compare the power output and recharge rates of the high energy projector, gauss rifle, gauss cannon and that 5-token-backpack power generators, as well as the power output of the cutting laser and plasma projector batteries.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:21:51 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

See if it'd be possible to fine-tune my own, untuned impact boots, and what such untuned boots would cost.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas activates no-clip and flies into the air.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Using the debugging method, create a full-scale Alternate History Invasion of America during WWII.
[aux:2-1]
You slam your face against the keyboard repeatedly and succeed on reopening the gash in your forehead and spilling blood into the keyboard. The machine buzzes angrily.

((The lack of a sparring partner is really obvious in these instances. And Jim was the best possible choice, seeing as he was made of metal and a nice challenge.))

Milno idly taps the MkIII's right forearm armor, not surprised if there was nothing about his homeworld's solar system. All of the planets probably follow the same feudal underdeveloped system, and they would only be part of the news if an alien fleet decided to conquer it and spread from there. He is slightly disappointed it did not happen.

Milno decides to check if the MkIII has some system to prevent other people from wearing and using it aside from its owner.
[Aux:2] Um...well you could probably stick a bear trap in the helmet. That would work.

Attach and fuse in a high energy projector to the underside of the chimera gun; estimate the weight of the previous and the current variants of the chimera gun, and see if it is less unwieldy (less lopsided) now.
Move the gauss part to the underside of the pulse part, and reposition the magazine slots on both sides of the chimera gun. Check the price and weight of the weapon.

Measure and compare the power output and recharge rates of the high energy projector, gauss rifle, gauss cannon and that 5-token-backpack power generators, as well as the power output of the cutting laser and plasma projector batteries.

You sling the gauss rifle to the underside of the Laser rifle and reposition the loading slots to either side of the weapon.

Ok,for price and weight lets see. It's 4 for the standard guns, 4 for the 4 charging circuits, 1 for the extra circuitry to connect everything and let you reroute things as you like, and magazines will cost 3 each. As per weight...lets see. 7 seems right, considering those massive magazines. That's fully loaded with the expanded mags of course. 3 without them or 4 with two standard mags.

As per those batteries...as they get higher in cost they get more powerful is the best I can tell ya. I really need to make up a generalized "power unit" for this shit. I'll do that now actually, bear with me.

See if it'd be possible to fine-tune my own, untuned impact boots, and what such untuned boots would cost.
Tuning the boots requires very specialized machinery with proprietary software. Basically, you don't have the tools.

Thomas activates no-clip and flies into the air.
You activate a no-clip mode and fly straight up through the walls of your bunker sub and several hundred feet of water till you breach the surface. On the surface you can see an enormous, many headed woman-dog-squid thing casually eating several men dressed in fine pirating garb. Perhaps these great pirate captains should have been spawned with their ships as well. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2045 on: June 02, 2012, 10:55:33 pm »

Milno looked through the MkIII but could not find anything like what he was searching for...Maybe if he tried the VR. Again.

Get into VR, connect the virtual MkIII to a computer and check for the aforementioned anti-theft system.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: June 02, 2012, 11:15:52 pm »

Exit VR. Explore ship.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 02, 2012, 11:23:09 pm »

Estimate dexterity required to properly use stilts. Compare with own dexterity.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: June 02, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »

(( Sure, I'll wait. I was actually about suggesting the same, only I wasn't sure you'd like to bother with even more numbers.
Also, shouldn't the total 4 charging circuits be three tokens due to one being already included in the basic gauss rifle package?))

Set up an improvised shooting range with targets appearing at random intervals of time. Try 2- and 3-round gauss shot bursts with the chimera gun, and test if using those improves the accuracy.
Try increasing the reaction time and overall agility with the use of the exoskeletons or similar external augmenting devices (by searching for existing solutions, increasing the negative feedback or thinking of some other way to accomplish that, in that order).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 02, 2012, 11:40:04 pm »

((I find it entertaining that your current problems are caused by legitimate skill in what you're trying to do, rather than bad luck and no skill like expected/before. :P))
((Actually, this raises an important question.

I assume for opposed rolls, more is always or almost always better. At least, AM didn't blow herself up using her shunt or anything. But, what's the advantage to higher skill in things that aren't opposed? As we've seen, rolling too high can have horrible side effects, so past a +1 you're probably not going to want anymore skill in, say, operating consoles or jumping between ledges.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 03, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

(( That's why I'm going to stick with damage dealing skills. One can't have a too big hole in the alien, right? :)
On the second thought, though, it is sort of opposed (opposed as of inflicting damage, I suppose, but straigth as of scoring a hit). Still, as it stands, when it comes to destruction, the higher is the better (well, Jim totally succeeded with making a hole in the elevator's floor, right? ;) ).
As for other purposes, I guess it might be justified to provide a bit of flexibility to using one's skills - such as, for example, allowing to self-impose a handicap (up to the stat/skill modifier) before rolling (i.e., doing something not to the full extent of one's ability when the task is judged to be not too difficult) or something like that. Will have to hear what piecewise has to say on that, though - the whole idea might be rightfully judged as being against the RtD essence. ))
Past Sigs

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 03, 2012, 03:50:44 am »

As soon as Lukas heard the beeping he felt like he was in deep trouble. "Oh dear!"

Jump the fuck back of the stairs.

((I will probably break my back over nothing))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 03, 2012, 06:33:03 am »

These weapons are exceedingly good. I love how that cyber-tentacle can slice up 100mm of battlesuit-grade armor and start into the soft stuff. Maybe I should have kept one... As a mechadendrite, but still.

Repeat my tests on the extreme laminate.

Edits: So many typos. That's what I get for trying to post from this device and having an alright typing speed on it, but not proofreading.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:43:43 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2053 on: June 03, 2012, 03:13:11 pm »

Milno looked through the MkIII but could not find anything like what he was searching for...Maybe if he tried the VR. Again.

Get into VR, connect the virtual MkIII to a computer and check for the aforementioned anti-theft system.
You type "MKIII Anti-Theft System" into the computer and hit enter. It brings up information on something called "The Club". Apparently it's a large piece of metal that you can use to bash people in the head with to stop them from stealing your suit.

Alternatively you DNA lock the suit, but that has it's own occasional problems.

Exit VR. Explore ship.
Any particular direction here?

Estimate dexterity required to properly use stilts. Compare with own dexterity.
You're plenty dexterous enough to use the stilts, but they're gonna need a dex roll when it comes to moving quickly with them. So will the Boots though.

(( Sure, I'll wait. I was actually about suggesting the same, only I wasn't sure you'd like to bother with even more numbers.
Also, shouldn't the total 4 charging circuits be three tokens due to one being already included in the basic gauss rifle package?))

Set up an improvised shooting range with targets appearing at random intervals of time. Try 2- and 3-round gauss shot bursts with the chimera gun, and test if using those improves the accuracy.
Try increasing the reaction time and overall agility with the use of the exoskeletons or similar external augmenting devices (by searching for existing solutions, increasing the negative feedback or thinking of some other way to accomplish that, in that order).

Ok, here's how it all breaks down for anything where it makes sense or matters.

Power Units=TPU. All measurements are per second. Ie, something that generates 2 TPU would generate 10 TPU in 5 seconds.

Hand laser battery: 1 TPU
Laser rifle battery: 4 TPU
Gauss rifle generator: 2 TPU
Tesla Arc Battery: 10 TPU
Cutting Laser battery:8 TPU
High Energy generator:5 TPU
Heavy Gauss Cannon Generator:4 TPU (it uses 4)
Plasma Projector battery: 50 TPU
LESHO rifle Generator:20 TPU (uses 2)
Fission Instigator Battery:100 TPU
Monoatomic razor Genrator: 1 TPU
Kinetic Amplifier battery: 2 TPU
ALL field Manipulator batteries: 4 TPU
Tesla Sabre Battery: 8 TPU
Kinetic Shunt: 10 TPU

(and yeah, 3 for the circuits.)

Multi-round bursts don't help with accuracy mainly because of the powerful recoil. You could do something like Milno did, locking the joints of an exoskeleton to keep your aim steady, but when i comes to things like increasing agility via the exoskeletons you run into a problem. The exoskeletons already react as fast as you do, so assuming they're not straining against a load, you should be able to move as fast as if you were naked.

((I find it entertaining that your current problems are caused by legitimate skill in what you're trying to do, rather than bad luck and no skill like expected/before. :P))
((Actually, this raises an important question.

I assume for opposed rolls, more is always or almost always better. At least, AM didn't blow herself up using her shunt or anything. But, what's the advantage to higher skill in things that aren't opposed? As we've seen, rolling too high can have horrible side effects, so past a +1 you're probably not going to want anymore skill in, say, operating consoles or jumping between ledges.))
6's generally result in you doing something similar to what you were trying to do but overboard. If you try to jump a pit for instance, you'd end up jumping over it entirely. Mesk wanted to reattach the arm and he succeeded, he just got a bit overzealous.  In most cases 6's are just going overboard, the consequences are really rather situational. For instance, a 6 on a [str] roll might end up doing more damage then you expected which would only be a problem if you didn't want to kill or damage something.

Generally, 6's will get whatever you want done done, but may have unforeseen consequences. And in the end thats usually better then failing AND having consequences. Hell, in some cases a 6 will have the same result as a 5 simply because that extra force doesn't result in anything different.

As soon as Lukas heard the beeping he felt like he was in deep trouble. "Oh dear!"

Jump the fuck back of the stairs.

((I will probably break my back over nothing))
Forward into the new room or back into the old one?

These weapons are exceedingly good. I love how that cyber-tentacle can slice up 100mm of battlesuit-grade armor and start into the soft stuff. Maybe I should have kept one... As a mechadendrite, but still.

Repeat my tests on the extreme laminate.

Edits: So many typos. That's what I get for trying to post from this device and having an alright typing speed on it, but not proofreading.
You repeat your tests on the new, foot thick shield. Unsurprisingly it holds up a lot longer and better then the earlier shields. The Claws get through the fabric relatively easily, but need some time to get through the hard armor. The laser needs a lot of concentrated fire to work at all, assuming the reflective layer is intact, and the gauss rifle is stone walled by both fabric and hard armor.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 03, 2012, 04:57:18 pm »

(( Let's see, 5 TPU x 1 minute recharge= ... 300 TPU to fire HEP. Oh. Now that explains that much. ))

Check if replacing Tesla Arc's Battery with 5 Gauss Rifle generators would allow to fire it continiously.
Test if the superior strength of the user (more like, of his/her exoskeleton) could negate the problem of the burst-fire recoil.
As for increasing negative feedback of an exoskeleton, try to make it move faster than if you were naked - by not just following, but pushing your body where it was heading (something like this:

Code: [Select]
| = exoskeleton part,
>+ = pressure applied
| *limb* | then, if | *limb*>+| => |>+>+>+*limb*>+| then, to stop moving, |>+>+>+*limb* | => | *limb* |
so that reading where the body moves apply and actually pushing it  would be two in different places, thus each process hopefully not affecting the other).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:01:53 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 2101