_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920894 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Just got access again, kinda lost track a bit of what's going on, anyone care to fill me in?))

Search through the database for any kind of "soft" armor, like the olden day's Kevlar. select one that seems to be balanced between cost and effectiveness, and replace the synth-flesh layer of the shield with it, increasing that layer to 50mm at the same time.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Search through the database for any kind of "soft" armor, like the olden day's Kevlar. select one that seems to be balanced between cost and effectiveness, and replace the synth-flesh layer of the shield with it, increasing that layer to 50mm at the same time.
Ok, heres some "cloth" armor for you.
-Civic Defender's longcoat
-Shade Cloak
-Protectorate Suit
-Shadow walker cloak
-High Guard Armor
-Walking Bastion
-Arbiter Cloak
((Making your search quicker. The flexible armor type comprises those coats, cloaks and shenanigans. Try using their material, they seem to be good at soaking ballistic damage.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

-Shade Cloak
-Protectorate Suit
-Shadow walker cloak
-High Guard Armor
-Walking Bastion
-Arbiter Cloak
((Making your search quicker. The flexible armor type comprises those coats, cloaks and shenanigans. Try using their material, they seem to be good at soaking ballistic damage.))

((Just got access again, kinda lost track a bit of what's going on, anyone care to fill me in?))

Replace the synth-flesh layer of the shield with the same soft armor used in the Civic Defender's longcoat, increasing that layer to 50mm at the same time.

Perform the same 3-round test, Cyber-tentacle, gauss rifle, and laser rifle. This time, not resetting between tests, to test how it holds up to repeated abuse.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:19:04 am by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno stares at the TV. Such idiots. Both sides, that is. He didn't believe in gods because if they really existed, they in their infinite mercy would have performed euthanasia on the human race. And on any alien race like the humankind, for that matter.

Keep watching the idiocy.
The broadcast shows several minutes of footage of what what looks like a forest of extreme highrises, an endless city of blazing neon, chrome, glass, steel and concrete, all beneath the shadow of dozens of hovering spaceships. It cuts to a similar city, though this one much older and heavily damaged; large sections are nothing but glass frosted craters, endless fires, dark piles of flesh and ruin, with the odd skyscraper keeping a silent vigil, a black monolith piercing red skies.

Practice attempting to dodge while wearing each option.
All options seem to increase your capacity to dodge around, though the rockets only let you dodge forward. The braces, with their increased jumping capacity and ability to cushion a fall let you both run and leap backwards with ease, while the boots let you move quickly, but jumping is difficult without very hard ground.

(( Yes, like a double-barreled shotgun. Yes, mostly mutually exclusive - but can't the power output be split, like, e.g. 3 charging circuits for the gauss part, one power generator and whatever the capacitor bank of the charging circuit amounts to for the pulse part? And, judging from what you said before (got revised?), it can be re-configured or just switched to another pre-configured split.
As for reducing the power - is it really needed? I mean, in the pulse rifle generators work parallel and the power output is just enough, isn't it? The question here, however, is how big the 'charging circuit' capacitor banks are if compared to the ones I used on the pulse rifle. Probably smaller, due to the fact charging circuit capacitor bank with the power generator amount to the same 1 token as the pulse rifle capacitor bank stands alone for. ))
Try adding another magazine slot to the gauss part of the chimaera gun, with the possible option of not attaching the magazine and feeding the gun manually by single shots through it. Also add a fire selector to choose which magazine to feed the gun from.
Strip the high energy projector of its power generator and estimate this variant's weight and price. Try using the cutting laser battery to power it.
Sip more tea.

Splendid!
Well, you talked about stripping the capacitors from the laser rifle, which is what lets the system work, by regulating the power and stopping it from overloading the system. You can split the power up sure, you can even switch it around dynamically if you wire it up to do so. I just don't think you said anything about the way you want to split it. I may not be braining it correctly though.

You can create a secondary load slot that accepts both magazines and single rounds, but it's gonna need a oneway door thing, like on a shotgun, to keep the rounds from falling out when you're loading manually. And that might be a bit tricky since such a thing would stop a magazine from loading normally. I guess you can rig up some sort of optional bolt action thing where you leave it open for magazines and then open and close it manually for single rounds, though that will probably be kinda slow. The fire selector would be easy enough though.

The power generator is...I think like 4 -5 torches.  It would add a +3 to the weight requirements of a weapon.

The Cutting laser's battery won't really work with the Energy projector as it is, for some reason.

-Shade Cloak
-Protectorate Suit
-Shadow walker cloak
-High Guard Armor
-Walking Bastion
-Arbiter Cloak

Replace the synth-flesh layer of the shield with the same soft armor used in the Civic Defender's longcoat, increasing that layer to 50mm at the same time.

Perform the same 3-round test, Cyber-tentacle, gauss rifle, and laser rifle. This time, not resetting between tests, to test how it holds up to repeated abuse.
The cyber-tentacle cuts through a few layers of the 50mm cloth shield, but doesn't make it too far. The Gauss rifle shot causes a few layers to shatter and fall away, but doesn't make it through. The laser, on the other hand, cuts straight through the cloth.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Load up new Scenario:

Equipment: MKIII Suit, AK47, Reaper Drone, Kinetic Amplifier, Katana

Setting: Alternate History: WWII 1944; Germanys Invasion of the U.S.

Allies: Germans

Enemies: Americans
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:47:18 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( Uh, bad on my part. ))
Scrap this design of the chimaera gun. Once again, fuse a gauss rifle with 4 charging circuits and a pulse rifle together, shotgun-like. Wire up the charging circuits to be used to power the pulse part (working parallel), the gauss part (either parallel or simultaneous) or be split in between those.
Add another  (ordinary) load slot to the gauss part; make sure two high-capacity magazines would both fit on the gun.
Try fitting the plasma projector battery to the high energy projector.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The laser, on the other hand, cuts straight through the cloth.
((As I said, ballistic protection.))

Milno decides to change channels. And he has an idea. Maybe there are news about his backwater world, or more probably about the solar system it was in. He supposes it would not be a great lost if all of his homeworld was engulfed by alien hiveships or destroyed by the explosion of a star.

Milno searches for news related to his homeworld.

Spoiler: Homeworld Info (click to show/hide)

Enemies: Anericans
((You may want to fix that lest the GM thinks you are high.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Posting from a phone is hard.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@PyroDesu Looks like nothing interesting has happened here - oh, wait. Empyrean and May were swallowed whole by a giant sandwarm (and Victor joined them there a bit later, if I remember correctly), then they spawned a 1/8th kiloton charge and detonated it inside the worm. Guess what? Yeah, straight to the menu screen. ;)
Thomas was messing with alternative history simulations, Lukas - playing the fps/Jedi simulator he'd been toying before with, Mason - waiting for the alien sim to load at last, Cog, Faith and me - tinkering. Oh, and Milno, as always, watching some of us fail.  :P  :)
(I really hope I haven't forgotten anyone) That's the short summary of the ship's thread of the last few days.
EDIT: Seems I've forgotten Renen: he's been watching that sandworm battle along with Milno. ))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:14:02 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Examine cost of leg braces and impact boots. Also check leg brace operation in confined spaces.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Lukas decides that these rooms are nog very interesting and that it is time to kill the other guys. "Well, let's see where those footsteps went off to."

Carefully go up the stairs and keep rifle ready.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:31:52 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Hmm, time for a slightly different tack. Right now, it's 50mm of soft armor between 100mm of hard armor on either side, with a reflective coating, as far as I can remember. Perhaps it will work even better if I split it up into more layers?

Split the shield's material layers up, then rearrange them into the following pattern (Including another 50mm of soft armor):

Reflective Coating
25mm Hard Armor
20mm Soft Armor
50mm Hard Armor
20mm Soft Armor
Reflective Coating (Secondary)
50mm Hard Armor
20mm Soft Armor
50mm Hard Armor
40mm Soft Armor
Reflective Coating (Tertiary)
25mm Hard Armor

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

I have 2 major RPs ongoing, and all the lore is actually from the Scifi novel I will -eventually- publish. I've got dozens of short stories centered within this multiverse in myriad settings, some Pre-Apocalypse Earth, some Post-, and some off-world.

I'd make it into a game but I can't be assed to learn programming. I already have to split my time between piano, guitar, singing, song-writing, composing, my Scifi/Fantasy work, minor artwork, a 45-50 hour a week job, always being sick, going to the gym, and trying to meet new people.

Aka, no programming for me. I'm perfectly content with churning thousands of paragraphs of lore, some of which I actually put into story form, hehe. Right now I'm trying to expand my lore tenfold so I can incorporate it into the new incarnation of Rise of Hyperion, though seriously think time. I was dicking around during the RP and didn't put any emphasis on xeno-history or in-depth characters. Hell, I stopped updating for overhall just before we got involved in the Lukari-Sapheyr Rebellion against the Ach'remoc on Lithos, this barren little hellhole orbiting a binary star system. Brown and blue dwarf, if I'm not mistaken. Tidally-locked, atmosphere has toxified, some very odd fauna and flora, a massive and surprisingly habitable underground cavern system, and major ruins all over the surface of the dead world. I could have done the usual and go for an urban cityscape, introduce political aspects and all that, but I decided I'd start off the RP portion of Rise of Hyperion with fast-and-hard bursts of chaos and action.

((Funny coincidence: I've just picked up on programming. I've done that a lot of times but in my current situation I can actually make some progress for a change. I think you can learn the syntax of a programming language very quickly and also how to structure programs. However, coming up with good code for complex problems will probably require quite some experience. It's fun though!))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Load up new Scenario:

Equipment: MKIII Suit, AK47, Reaper Drone, Kinetic Amplifier, Katana

Setting: Alternate History: WWII 1944; Germanys Invasion of the U.S.

Allies: Germans

Enemies: Americans

The machine brings up an error message:

ERROR 405: Unknown Scenario

(( Uh, bad on my part. ))
Scrap this design of the chimaera gun. Once again, fuse a gauss rifle with 4 charging circuits and a pulse rifle together, shotgun-like. Wire up the charging circuits to be used to power the pulse part (working parallel), the gauss part (either parallel or simultaneous) or be split in between those.
Add another  (ordinary) load slot to the gauss part; make sure two high-capacity magazines would both fit on the gun.
Try fitting the plasma projector battery to the high energy projector.

Ok, that version of the chimera gun works (I assume you want to be able to dynamically route the power around in addition to choosing if the gauss is firing parallel or simultaneously. ) and the extra magazine slot works too, fits and all. Keep in mind that having all these heavy shells all sitting off on one side of the gun is gonna make it not only heavy but also lopsided and a bit harder to use.

You attempt to fit the plasma projector battery to the High energy projector. It still doesn't work for some reason.

The laser, on the other hand, cuts straight through the cloth.
((As I said, ballistic protection.))

Milno decides to change channels. And he has an idea. Maybe there are news about his backwater world, or more probably about the solar system it was in. He supposes it would not be a great lost if all of his homeworld was engulfed by alien hiveships or destroyed by the explosion of a star.

Milno searches for news related to his homeworld.

Spoiler: Homeworld Info (click to show/hide)

Enemies: Anericans
((You may want to fix that lest the GM thinks you are high.))
You scan through the channels looking for something having to do with your home world. Strangely, the news doesn't seem very interested in a backwater farm planet in the middle of nowhere.

Examine cost of leg braces and impact boots. Also check leg brace operation in confined spaces.
Leg braces increase your height by about a foot, so short hallways are gonna be problematic. Though you could always just take them off and put them back on later.

Leg braces are relatively cheap, just 3 tokens. Impact boots are actually pretty expensive at 6, mainly because of the custom tuning and balancing that they need to go through to give the user optimal results.

Lukas decides that these rooms are nog very interesting and that it is time to kill the other guys. "Well, let's see where those footsteps went off to."

Carefully go up the stairs and keep rifle ready.
[Intuition:2]
You climb up the stairs slowly and carefully, sweeping your rifle around the room and keeping an eye out for movement. Above the stairs is a larger hallway with more bulkheads on either side. You take a few steps into the hall and hear a soft beeping.

Hmm, time for a slightly different tack. Right now, it's 50mm of soft armor between 100mm of hard armor on either side, with a reflective coating, as far as I can remember. Perhaps it will work even better if I split it up into more layers?

Split the shield's material layers up, then rearrange them into the following pattern (Including another 50mm of soft armor):

Reflective Coating
25mm Hard Armor
20mm Soft Armor
50mm Hard Armor
20mm Soft Armor
Reflective Coating (Secondary)
50mm Hard Armor
20mm Soft Armor
50mm Hard Armor
40mm Soft Armor
Reflective Coating (Tertiary)
25mm Hard Armor
Roughly a foot thick layered shield? Sure, why not. Kinda heavy and expensive, but it works.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using the debugging method, create a full-scale Alternate History Invasion of America during WWII.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 2101