_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5920913 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: I know these are possibilities, but I really think he may forget about these. And about how powerful the cannon is.))

Try the same trick again, attempt to cut it with the tesla sabre. But only after they explode the bomb he heard being talked about in the comms.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:57:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"You jacked in," muttered Empyrean.
"Hope it doesn't hurt.” E nodded at May to detonate the .125 KT bomb.
'At least it isn't the real world.'
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:47:54 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

You roll the corpse over and start digging through its bag. It has 3 more of those black boxes and not much else. Hm.

"More black boxes? This is simply not my day." Lukas decides to take one of the black boxes with him. If there are so many of them, maybe they are important. Then he leaves the room and decides to inspect the one opposite of it.

Carefully open the door opposite of this room. If the door decides to eat me again, commit suicide
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

No response. Pity.
See if there are entire systems which would also improve the reaction time (due to something like increased negative feedback, for example) - however, look for only those not involving synth-flesh.
Look for human size or few times that big cloth armor, worth up to 30 tokens.
Test how many four-circuit overcharge shots can a gauss rifle withstand, and reinforce the overall design if needed. See if something  can be done to increse the coils' durability, and how much would the spare coils for the current design be.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Attempt to assemble/find mechanical leg enhancers, fine-tuned for quick forward bursts. If successful/necessary for success, run tests using a monoatomic razor and training dummy, or pure robot for live tests.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Interesting.

Time for a random simulation. Most I'll go into detail is myself on a habitable alien world replete with stone ruins. You can randomize all the !!FUN!! details like sentient/non-sentient content as you wish.

(OOC: That reminds me... I need to start uploading my Scifi work to my wiki.)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Interesting.

Time for a random simulation. Most I'll go into detail is myself on a habitable alien world replete with stone ruins. You can randomize all the !!FUN!! details like sentient/non-sentient content as you wish.

((So do you guys write this kind of lore just for hobby/fun or do you intend to use it for sci fi stories?))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No response. Pity.
"Not interested. I believe it would not be extremely smart on my part to bet tokens on something so unsure as the survival or death of other convicts."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Wise choice of yours, comrade Milno.
Greiss out.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Interesting.

((So do you guys write this kind of lore just for hobby/fun or do you intend to use it for sci fi stories?))

I have 2 major RPs ongoing, and all the lore is actually from the Scifi novel I will -eventually- publish. I've got dozens of short stories centered within this multiverse in myriad settings, some Pre-Apocalypse Earth, some Post-, and some off-world.

I'd make it into a game but I can't be assed to learn programming. I already have to split my time between piano, guitar, singing, song-writing, composing, my Scifi/Fantasy work, minor artwork, a 45-50 hour a week job, always being sick, going to the gym, and trying to meet new people.

Aka, no programming for me. I'm perfectly content with churning thousands of paragraphs of lore, some of which I actually put into story form, hehe. Right now I'm trying to expand my lore tenfold so I can incorporate it into the new incarnation of Rise of Hyperion, though seriously think time. I was dicking around during the RP and didn't put any emphasis on xeno-history or in-depth characters. Hell, I stopped updating for overhall just before we got involved in the Lukari-Sapheyr Rebellion against the Ach'remoc on Lithos, this barren little hellhole orbiting a binary star system. Brown and blue dwarf, if I'm not mistaken. Tidally-locked, atmosphere has toxified, some very odd fauna and flora, a massive and surprisingly habitable underground cavern system, and major ruins all over the surface of the dead world. I could have done the usual and go for an urban cityscape, introduce political aspects and all that, but I decided I'd start off the RP portion of Rise of Hyperion with fast-and-hard bursts of chaos and action.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enter the worm monster's simulation with a Kinect Amplifier, A Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier(MPA) and a MKII suit.

Appear near May and Empyrean. :P
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas closed the VR, and opened a battle of the greatest pirate captains of all of history against Scylla, the monster of greek legend. He gives himself a mobile bunker, adapted to travel above and below the water.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

God my spelling sucks at night, I misspelled two words :(

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

You roll the corpse over and start digging through its bag. It has 3 more of those black boxes and not much else. Hm.

"More black boxes? This is simply not my day." Lukas decides to take one of the black boxes with him. If there are so many of them, maybe they are important. Then he leaves the room and decides to inspect the one opposite of it.

Carefully open the door opposite of this room. If the door decides to eat me again, commit suicide
You cross the hall and open the door without it even falling on you. Beyond the door is another room very similar to the one you were just in, two bunks on either wall and a small table against the far wall.

No response. Pity.
See if there are entire systems which would also improve the reaction time (due to something like increased negative feedback, for example) - however, look for only those not involving synth-flesh.
Look for human size or few times that big cloth armor, worth up to 30 tokens.
Test how many four-circuit overcharge shots can a gauss rifle withstand, and reinforce the overall design if needed. See if something  can be done to increse the coils' durability, and how much would the spare coils for the current design be.

(let me get back to you on the clothing. Need to think about cost balancing and world building a bit.)

A 4 circuit overcharge shot is gonna degrade them pretty quickly, probably no more then 20 shots before they need replacing. You could use larger, more sturdy coils, but the coils in a gauss rifle are designed to fit flush with the rest of the gun, so it would require a pretty extensive redesign.  Spare coils are gonna be like a token, they're pretty cheap.

Attempt to assemble/find mechanical leg enhancers, fine-tuned for quick forward bursts. If successful/necessary for success, run tests using a monoatomic razor and training dummy, or pure robot for live tests.
Your search for "Mechanical leg enhancers" brings up a lot of results. You filter away the ones about simply replacing your legs with synth-flesh or robotic pieces, as well as the ones about pumping you full of drugs or altering your genetics and are left with a few possibilities.

There are things which look like leg braces or stilts with very springy metal crescents to propel you along at higher then average speeds and allow you to jump higher then normal (basically jumping stilts), but they look like you'd need a fair bit of dexterity to use without just falling on your ass.

There's a pair of what they call "Impact boots", which use Kinetic amplifiers -very much weakened ones- to amplify the force of your footsteps and propel you along at high speeds, but they require sturdy ground to work very well.

Finally there are rocket pods, smaller the MK III's and no where near as powerful or maneuverable,  but they should be capable of speeding you up.

Enter the worm monster's simulation with a Kinect Amplifier, A Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier(MPA) and a MKII suit.

Appear near May and Empyrean. :P

You appear in the simulation with your selected items and wave to May and E. They don't look very happy to see you. 

Thomas closed the VR, and opened a battle of the greatest pirate captains of all of history against Scylla, the monster of greek legend. He gives himself a mobile bunker, adapted to travel above and below the water.
You appear in a cramped internal chamber of your submersible, sitting in a command seat. Monitors and instrument panels blink, beep and otherwise call out for your attention from every corner of the cockpit. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try the same trick again, but this time attempt to cut it with the tesla sabre. If they happen to be close to detonating the Charge, don't go for it.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 2101