_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921791 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

"Oh man, this is getting me nowhere. Apparently I am not as strong as I used to be." Lukas lay under the door pondering for a while what he might do about this situation. Stopping the simulation would feel like a defeat. Trying to push the door off only makes it worse. "Wait! Maybe my philosophical training will be of use here."

Deny the existence of the door.

[Will:5] You successfully convince yourself the door does not exist. Now you're being crushed by very heavy air.

"Hmmm, it seems that my argument is incomplete. I'll have to come up with some better support.

Argue that air as heavy as the air now crushing me should not be able to exist in a ship.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Yeah, I meant armor that's robotic enough to pop off when it's supposed to and defend perfectly against a horsebound lance, not anything anyone practical would have made.))
You and Milno-bot appear on what look like bizarre, headless quadrupedal things with a fleshy pair of handle bars where the head should be. You are wearing bright orange armor with a target painted on the chest and holding what looks like an enormous q-tip. Just a normal saturday night.

'Huh... Is there anything about guns?" Thomas flips through the channel, looking for the future equivalent of the History Channel.
You flip around till you find something talking about weaponry. Specifically about the weaponry of pre-UWM nations and planets. They used to propel bullets with gunpowder?How quaint.

Stab the floor with my pipe.
[dex:5] [str:1] You swing your pipe down into the fleshy intestinal floor with the massive strength of a limbless kitten. Unsurprisingly, it simply pokes the flesh uselessly.
Punch the wall using my Kinetic Amplifier.
[dex:2] You attempt to punch the wall of flesh that is literally all around you and, either by complete cosmic misfortune, staggering lack of skill or a combination of both, miss entirely.

((@GM: Do the 1/3 and 2/3 exos work by granting the user the equivalent of 5 and 10 str, since the full exo would give the equivalent of 15?))

Milno's eyes narrow. Well, he'll probably die, but it's always worth trying.

Milno picks many (as in around five) extra batteries for the laser rifle and a tesla sabre then plunges into the simulation, flying high above the field to check which one'll work~
(thats the general Idea, yeah.)

You enter E's simulation already in-flight, laser and tesla sabre in hand.

"Oh man, this is getting me nowhere. Apparently I am not as strong as I used to be." Lukas lay under the door pondering for a while what he might do about this situation. Stopping the simulation would feel like a defeat. Trying to push the door off only makes it worse. "Wait! Maybe my philosophical training will be of use here."

Deny the existence of the door.

[Will:5] You successfully convince yourself the door does not exist. Now you're being crushed by very heavy air.

"Hmmm, it seems that my argument is incomplete. I'll have to come up with some better support.

Argue that air as heavy as the air now crushing me should not be able to exist in a ship.
[will:4] You're pretty sure that heavy air makes no fucking sense...but then again the fact that your chest is being crushed in by what looks like nothing but thin air seems like pretty good evidence to the contrary.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Hmm...

Discern existance or lack thereof environmental hazards.
Look around to see if I can spot the snake's throat.
Check to see if Strength is simulated at my original amount.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Punch wall again.
" Hi Milno."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Charge! Aim straight for the chest!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno activates his comms while flying high above the sands.
"You actually seem pretty safe inside the alien's gullet. How are your efforts going so far?"

Milno activates the motion sensor, the aiming support system and keeps flying out of the worm's reach.

Change the laser rifle to lowest diffusion and highest intensity and attempt a long range shot at the worm to examine the results.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:39:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

[will:4] You're pretty sure that heavy air makes no fucking sense...but then again the fact that your chest is being crushed in by what looks like nothing but thin air seems like pretty good evidence to the contrary.

"Hmmm, this situation makes no sense at all. It seems that impossible things are happening here." Lukas ponders on logical impossibilities for a moment. "Well, if the impossible is happening in this simulation, then maybe I should use it to my advantage.". Lukas clears his throat. "Uhm...Steve? I know we haven't talked much and all, but could you do me a favor? Could you alter this simulation to give me Jedi powers?

If Steve grants Lukas Jedi powers, force push heavy air away.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Test the resistance of the plate against the cybernetic tentacle arms that I used to have.

Then, add a layer of reflective coating to the outside and test a laser against it.

Then, fire a Gauss round and then test the laser.

The plate resets (keeping the reflective layer after that's added) between each of the three tests.

((Heads up, my ability to access the internet will be sporadic until Monday, I think.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:05:54 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

run away from the flying witch that came from nowhere. also, think about what might happen if i try to shock the beast with us in it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

run away from the flying witch that came from nowhere. also, think about what might happen if i try to shock the beast with us in it.
((Milno is outside the worm.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas watches the history show. This certainly was interesting.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((The link in your signature is broken))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hmm...

Discern existance or lack thereof environmental hazards.
Look around to see if I can spot the snake's throat.
Check to see if Strength is simulated at my original amount.

You look around. Beyond the fact that you're currently being shoved through the digestive system of a worm, everything seems just peachy.

The worm's throat could be...uh...well you could be in it...or it could be that way or the other way. You really have no idea.

(You strength is back to normal. )

Punch wall again.
" Hi Milno."

[dex:4] [uncon:6+1] You draw back your fist and bring it forward, contacting the wall with as much force as your lithe body can muster. The resulting explosion of gore,dirt and rocks hurls you and the rest of your group deeper into the worm. The flesh here is oozing some sort of mucus.

Charge! Aim straight for the chest!
[Dex:1+1]
[Milnobot dex:6]
You and Milno bot charge towards each other, your bizarre steeds trampling the dirt on cleft hooves and whinnying in a low, screeching gargle. Your lances pass each other as they seek their target; your blow zips over his shoulder as his cracks directly into your faceplate, [end:3-1] and sends you flopping backwards off your mount.

Milno activates his comms while flying high above the sands.
"You actually seem pretty safe inside the alien's gullet. How are your efforts going so far?"

Milno activates the motion sensor, the aiming support system and keeps flying out of the worm's reach.

Change the laser rifle to lowest diffusion and highest intensity and attempt a long range shot at the worm to examine the results.

(Did I mention the worm is back underground again? Cause it is.)

"Hmmm, this situation makes no sense at all. It seems that impossible things are happening here." Lukas ponders on logical impossibilities for a moment. "Well, if the impossible is happening in this simulation, then maybe I should use it to my advantage.". Lukas clears his throat. "Uhm...Steve? I know we haven't talked much and all, but could you do me a favor? Could you alter this simulation to give me Jedi powers?

If Steve grants Lukas Jedi powers, force push heavy air away.

>You know you can just put that into the sim, not ask me.

Test the resistance of the plate against the cybernetic tentacle arms that I used to have.

Then, add a layer of reflective coating to the outside and test a laser against it.

Then, fire a Gauss round and then test the laser.

The plate resets (keeping the reflective layer after that's added) between each of the three tests.

((Heads up, my ability to access the internet will be sporadic until Monday, I think.))
In order of test:
The talons cut through the flesh but not the armor
The laser deflects off the coating.
The round is stopped and the laser deflects off areas not damaged by the initial gauss round, but damages areas where the round damaged the coating.

1.You can't see milno for he is outside.
2.Probably bad things.

Huh, not only did they use unstable gunpowder weapons but their wars were horribly inefficient. Men were given weapons so poor that they could barely kill a man and battles could drag on for weeks, not because of constant reinforcement but because of sheer ineptitude of equipment. Not like today, where every soldier is a walking weapon of mass destruction, and battles are won in moments. How primitive they were.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

>You know you can just put that into the sim, not ask me.

"Ah, right."

Change sim to grant Lukas Jedi powers and force push heavy air away

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Gah!" Faith cried out playfully, delighted with her silly little jousting tournament. "Beaten by a honey badger!"

Oddly enough though, this did give her an idea...

Search for anything that would allow the user to cover short distances extremely quickly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 2101