_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922177 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((There's a chance his suit is wrong/broken, and there's a chance the drugs did in his brain, but otherwise that's nearly a foregone conclusion.))

((The bet stands.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Turn on head lamps. Inspect surroundings. Hold Empyrean's hand.
You turn your lamps on and look around. It looks like you're trapped in a giant sausage, all pink flesh and goo, undulating. You slither over to E and grab her hand.

Oh. I had head lamps. Interesting.

Turn lamps on.

“Hey, talky-voice? Still watching us? Are there any features on this suit that Ishould know of but don't?”

Lightly hold May's hand. Stay away from floating text. Be ready to let go of aforementioned hand in case of threats such as hyperactive ... stomach... mucus producing cells?
You turn on your lamps and look around. You appear to be surrounded by walls of bacon. May flops out of somewhere and grabs your hand. Helpful.

((I see, I see.

Also, does this mean Arbiters are completely robotic? Interesting. I was wondering if they were made out of anything organic.))

Examine cost of hand-sized spiderscout bot. Examine cost of gunnerbot but with laser rifle instead of coilgun. Examine cost of a robot the size of a small dog, with no purpose other than following me around and lifting, dragging, or carrying relatively heavy things.
Hand sized spiderscout bot would be like 4 tokens.  Gunnerbot with laser would be 12. Robo-haul dog thing would be...oh...8? It would be the size of a rather large dog.

Milno checks how much it would cost to adapt his gas-spewing system to also be capable of sending forth a jet of acid from the internal canister.
He also analyzes the possbility of fitting two canisters, even if made smaller to fit in. The intention being spitting acid to destroy the armor first then spewing nerve gas or doomsday to kill the person.

((Ok then, adapted. Basically it is now "how much for adapting?" and "how much for having both acid and gas?"))

Milno summons a control panel to check if there is any interesting simulation going on. Interesting meaning combat or anything close to it.
(well, a pump is pretty cheap, and metal melting compounds are...varyingly expensive. The coating for the innards will vary as well. Just be sure not to get any of that acid stuff on you.)

Seems like theres a simulation of fighting in a worm's guts. Huh.

Try to eat a bit of a battlesuit.
See if exploding and carefully examining part by part helps to understand the exoskeleton or the Mk II suit.

Hmmm? That's not edible!

Also, does this mean Arbiters are completely robotic? Interesting. I was wondering if they were made out of anything organic.))
(( Now that makes sense, actually, due to genetic manipulations being banned and all - still, yeah, they are most likely made of synth-flesh, which is probably the closest thing you can get to 'organics' in this day and age - with something clearly artificial, I mean. ))
It does not. Perhaps you could find information about it on the net or from someone else?

[int:3][intuition:3] Uhhh...well, you could probably pull...but harder.

((very helpful indeed :), Damn you, mediocre rolls!))

Try to pull hand from under the door, but put a little bit more effort into it this time (does that even count?)
[str:1-1] You some how manage to wedge your arm back under the door, along with your laser rifle and one leg. How the fuck did you do that?

Mold the same armor used in Battlesuit armor into the shape of a 1.5 meter high, .5 meter wide, and 5mm thick plate.
You call up a piece of armor with the dimensions you specified.

Dear god I can't keep up with this.
((Well, this RtD updates every single day and that is part of the reason we love it. So taking part in it requires some daily reading to catch up with whatever you have missed.))
Hell, once a day is the minimum. I'm doing about 3 times a day right now and I'm distracted

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Suddenly, Faith has a bout of inspiration. She knew what she could do.

Design new VR scenario. Synthflesh horses, metal lances, battle armor that pops off when you hit the right spot.

In other words, wussy robo-jousting.

Run a test game using self and AI-Milno.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

[str:1-1] You some how manage to wedge your arm back under the door, along with your laser rifle and one leg. How the fuck did you do that?

((This is getting a bit embarrassing.  :D I think Lukas is lucky he is in the sim alone.))

Try to push the entire door of body.

((sixsixsixsixsixsixsix))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Okay, but have I tried biting a piece of a battlesuit? ;) ))
Well, let's return to those later.
See if it is possible to make an exoskeleton of 1/3 or 2/3 strength, as well as twice the strength of the standart-issue one. Also compare a gauss rifle charging circuit to a gauss rifle power generator and a capacitor bank. ((A single charging circuit is 1 per token, as is a single generator or a single capacitor bank - now, which of those it is?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Fire a Gauss Rifle at the plate, from 10 meters. Observe how the plate reacts to the shot, being broken, penetrated, cratered, or the round skipping off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Empyrean, I'd rather not get digested today. I assume you don't either. Unless your a voreaphiliac, which is honestly kind of gross."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

((Do i have head lights?))
Feel around for where the shot hit (see if i can tell if the floor is wet/slimy/what ever else). Obviously it wasn't my foot, or else I would know right away. Also, If I have headlights, turn them on myself.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Empyrean, I'd rather not get digested today. I assume you don't either. Unless your a voreaphiliac, which is honestly kind of gross."
((I have to admit May's knowledge about sexual derangements/paraphilias keeps her IC. Because of her former self, of course.))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look for possible things to do in the VR. Look for the fights that are happenning there.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno grins and starts to watch the simulation for now. It seems the new girl and the vague thing are really going steady in such a short amount of time, but they should refrain from showing their affection when their lives are at stake.

Check for any external weaknesses on the alien.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Suddenly, Faith has a bout of inspiration. She knew what she could do.

Design new VR scenario. Synthflesh horses, metal lances, battle armor that pops off when you hit the right spot.

In other words, wussy robo-jousting.

Run a test game using self and AI-Milno.

You realize you're gonna need a really big "Horse" for using battlesuits. Just letting you know, it's gonna be like a tiny mech riding a "horse" the size of a double decker bus.

((This is getting a bit embarrassing.  :D I think Lukas is lucky he is in the sim alone.))

Try to push the entire door of body.

((sixsixsixsixsixsixsix))
(you're slowly being eaten by the door)
[str:2-1] You manage to get yourself completely sucked under the door. Well..this is embarrassing.

((Okay, but have I tried biting a piece of a battlesuit? ;) ))
Well, let's return to those later.
See if it is possible to make an exoskeleton of 1/3 or 2/3 strength, as well as twice the strength of the standart-issue one. Also compare a gauss rifle charging circuit to a gauss rifle power generator and a capacitor bank. ((A single charging circuit is 1 per token, as is a single generator or a single capacitor bank - now, which of those it is?))

Making exoskeletons of varying strengths is possible, it would just mean bulking them up or thinning them down, so to speak. A charging circuit is a generator and capacitor bank together. The reason why they all cost 1 token is because thats the lowest denomination we've got.

You gnaw on the battlesuit for a while. Clearly overcooked.

Fire a Gauss Rifle at the plate, from 10 meters. Observe how the plate reacts to the shot, being broken, penetrated, cratered, or the round skipping off.
The shot causes the shield to shatter and collapse, but it does succeed on stopping the round.

((Do i have head lights?))
Feel around for where the shot hit (see if i can tell if the floor is wet/slimy/what ever else). Obviously it wasn't my foot, or else I would know right away. Also, If I have headlights, turn them on myself.
(you, lacking a helmet right now, have chest lamps. You'll be fitted with armor before your next mission.)
You turn on your lamp and look down at where you shot. The spear appears to have sunk in a few inches but no more. The flag has extended and just barely missed clocking you in the jaw.

Look for possible things to do in the VR. Look for the fights that are happenning there.
There's E's journey through the inside of a giant worm, but thats about all thats going on. As per things to do, there's
>Battle of Hexbarax
>poacher
>punch many things
>duel
>tinker.

Milno grins and starts to watch the simulation for now. It seems the new girl and the vague thing are really going steady in such a short amount of time, but they should refrain from showing their affection when their lives are at stake.

Check for any external weaknesses on the alien.
Wanna do that by sight or just ask the computer to highlight them?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You realize you're gonna need a really big "Horse" for using battlesuits. Just letting you know, it's gonna be like a tiny mech riding a "horse" the size of a double decker bus.
((IronyOwl mentioned "Battle armor", but not especifically "Battlesuits".))

Wanna do that by sight or just ask the computer to highlight them?
((Sight. It is not fun if the computer does all the work...Hm..You also gave me an idea.))

After taking a look at the giant worm, Milno checks if he can download a program for his MkIII which can point out weak spots in known structures and enemies and try to do the same to unknown ones after analyzing them for some time using calculations and the images obtained by his cameras.

If there is not one, he get a similar program and tries to adapt it to his purposes.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Double the thickness of the plate, laminate with a layer (5mm thick) of synthflesh between each 50mm of plate, repeat Gauss test.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:05:33 pm by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Back up the research results onto my datapad, and make sure it is disconnected after that. Then try to make the computer calculate the average rate of fire of successful single shots (( about how little shoud the recharge time be to be able to shoot at least once in a turn - on average )) based on previous missions data (including missions completed by previous units) or send the request to the research labs, if I know that it is possible.
Make two new exoskeleton designs - of 1/3 and of 2/3 strength of the standart one, check their prices.
See what the battlesuit is made of, in order to be able to cook it properly.

Pausing the simulation to connect the datapad to the terminal, Nikitian saw the other people tinkering.
Ah, the deal!
After returning to the VR, he sent a message to Nekarios:
Nice new legs. Still care to join tinkering efforts, comrade?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 2101