_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932823 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"May. You knew Elisaz. But he passed away recently."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith blanched for a moment. She hadn't... killed him, right? Right?

"...from what? OH! And, you knew him, I take it...?"

She was starting to really hope this wasn't Elisaz's sister, come to avenge her brother's death.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have memories of him. A lot. The Armory Master took away his dignity. I believe he died out of shame."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith's brow furrowed. This was getting creepy.

"...how did you get his memories...?

And, what did the armory master do?" she added, a bit perplexed.

((Fun fact: other than the on-mission thing about spacing someone, I'm not sure Faith is familiar with AM's brutal tendencies.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Edit: Empyrean should go to the infirmary to take care of that broken wrist.))

((I have a broken wrist?))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:31:22 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May shrugged. "It just happens sometimes. Like you want to know what the Armory Master did?" May's eyes went wide. Her expression tightened. "The hands, the knees, the feet. They all go. Crumpled. Useless. The eyes. Darkness. The stomach. Pain. More pain. Everything is pain. Genitalia. Gone. I know what true loss is. I am dead." May's expression normalized. "Like that."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I have a broken wrist?))
[str:1] You attempt to yank your hand free of the manacle you've made for yourself. You succeed on spraining your wrist but not escaping. [end:6] Not that spraining your wrist matters to you even in the slightest.
((No, just sprained, my bad.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

"You sound as if you experienced it yourself, er-May? Yes, I think that was it," Empyrean said dryly, adding, "It's true, though."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May looks at Empyrean. "I guess I have some connection with him. You could say he passed it on."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The youth squints at all those numbers and calculations. The last time he tried to mess with that was not too good, but he hopes this time he gets to understand at least a bit of the coding. Otherwise, he'll explode the virtual computer with his virtual guns.

Milno summons a computer, connects the virtual MkIII to it and attempts to enhance the smoothshot.

Either it fails or works, leave the VR Machine's simulation and take a look at the rec room.

[aux:1] (Wow, RNG's hate you today.)
You pick up the monitor of the computer and repeatedly bash it on the suit whist screaming "I AM THE COMPUTER MASTER!".  That done, you exit the vr machine and take a look around. A robot with a human head on it is spazing out in front of you, another guy is sitting on the sofa watching jello bounce around in zero-g, and a crowd of people are standing around the refuse pile in the mess hall.

...and restore the Metal Sentinel back to its original form.
<...>
<...>
You adjust the settings on your rifle and then walk down the hall till you're near the puddle.
(( Just to make sure - is it still a puddle, or nor? ))
Stand safely away (just a bit less than 30 feet, if possible) and continiously fire shot after shot at the puddle for two minutes (should be about  1(stored)+120/5(recharge)=25 shots).
Or, if there wasn't a puddle, but the metal guardian, restored to its original form (snd waiting), warily advance to it; if it starts up, shoot it. If I safely make it to the thing, take time and place a square shot from close-combat range, then immediately stab it with a short forward thrust (hopefully wouldn't take much skill from that distance against a moment-before-standing-completely-still opponent).
If the thing is there, whole again, but already activated, shoot on sight and take a roll to the side in attempt to dodge its incoming attack.

Xenos filth!
(Oh, guess it is whole again.)
You advance slowly toward the metal sentinel, keeping a close eye on its unmoving form, but it doesn't seem active. You advance until you're just a few feet from it and then line yourself up for a point blank shot and stab combo.
[con:3]
[dex:4-1]
[str:2-1]
You fire a heavily defused laser blast into the Xeno weapon, carving a chunk out of it, before charging forward and attempting to spear it with your bayonet. You manage to connect with the spike but it just bounces off with enough force to tear the weapon from your hands. The sentinel screeches and begins to deform [dex: 5-1] You manage to dodge backwards as the metal surface deforms and stabs toward you, piercing your left shoulder. [end:6] You immediately grab the spike and wrench yourself forward on it, pulling yourself close enough to throw a punch at your attacker. Your punch bounces off harmlessly.

"....No...No...Don't come near!" Renen wakes up and finds himself...Somewhere, all naked. "Where am I?" He asks to no-one trying to remeber what happened in his last hours of conscience. "I remember I was in an inn and there was a very cute girl...we played a lot, and, somehow they discovered where I was...fuck."

"IS ANYBODY HERE?" he screams, searching for people he could talk to. He searches something to wear and walks out of the room, exploring the place.

Search for something decent to wear and walk around looking for a place with people (find the rec room by accident). Try to talk if I find someone. Watch for any group of cute girls.

You wander around the room and find a footlocker with some generic uniforms in it. You put them on and wander out of the barracks, following the signs to the rec room. There seems to be a lot of people hanging around in the rec room and mess hall, most around a pile of garbage and a few over near the vr machines, with one watching tv. Most of them are guys, but over near the garbage pile and menu there looks to be a three girls, and one of them, the one who is facing away from you, seems to be naked. Score. One of the girls is shouting "There's no one here". Huh.

Still bother him. . . . at least for the next 10 minutes of him doing whatever he is doing. . . . . with poking and prodding. If I don't elicit a response from him, go to the armory master.
You spaz the spazziest spaz you can spaz, poking and prodding and grabbing and groping and generally being annoying.

((What if new Elisaz finds the former one..attractive...and acts accordingly? >.>

Poetic justice anyone?))
((Strikes me as more The Circle of Depravity.))

Faith sighed. She should have known Mystery Meat was intended to remain that way.

Eat and attempt to identify some Meat 1. Then do the same for Dessert 3 (or 2, if there aren't 3 of them; I forget). If there's any drinks or other "foods," sample #2 from that as well.
(There are meats, drinks, sides and desserts 1-3)
You have the machine dispense some meat 1 and taste it. It tastes vaguely like chicken, though with a slightly chemical after taste that causes your tongue to tingle. It's not terrible, but not great. Dessert 3 seems to be some sort of pudding. It's yellowish and tastes sort of vanilla-like.

On an unrelated note I believe I'm going to compile a list of single sentence descriptions of all the players and post it in the main thread under the list file. Mainly for the sake of humor, but also to highlight just how diverse this crew is becoming. Lets see.

Milno: A man with the disposition and emblem of a honeybadger, wearing a suit of rocket powered armor and a mechanical claw.

Ivan: Mercenary who wields the dreaded "Teamkiller" gauss rifle and is harboring a fatal mutenagenic disease.

Faith: A small, easily frightened medic who never healed anyone and is occasionally possessed by what amounts to an alien spirit of rage and murder.

Feyri: Helpful powersliding mercenary who may or may not want to get it on with a robot man.

Jim: Test tube clone reduced to a brain in a robot body; also the most experienced crew member.

May: Former omnisexual black rapist man, now transfigured into some sort of genderless, albino mutant with a sing song voice and an aversion for wearing clothing.

Victor: Mute and timid cockroach man who is now nothing but a human head and arm mounted on a robotic frame.

Mesk: The resident doctor Feelgood with a habit of using just slightly more pain medication then is necessary.

Mason: A fleshtech with a microwave amp that he has a hard time using.

Thomas: A mercenary with a love of books, smoking and jello wrestling.

Charro: Grunt with a silly last name and a serious fear of dismemberment.

Nikitain: An avid tinkerer with a bad habit of being killed by Nekarios.

Bishop: No nonsense repairman and recent painkiller addict.

Cog: Vintage laser rifler restorer and all around tinkering hobbyist

Nekarious: Seems to like killing himself and others with his Microwave field manipulator.

Empyrea: Reverse body builder and terrible welder.

Lukas: Newbie who just wants to help.

Renen: Resident pervert with overblown multipart name, taking over for Elizas.

Any thoughts?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I liked the descriptions, and they help anyone new to the thing to familiarize with the other players. Other than that...

Also, nice to see some nicknames coined along the way.))

Milno checks the price of his toothy attachment as it is on the datapad and watches Cockroach Man go crazy.

"...You may want to take it easy on those drugs. Now get out."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:23:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

omnisexual black rapist man

((The only black male, or even black crew-member at all, was an omnisexual rapist who tried fucking and flirting with everyone until a white woman ripped his genitalia off.

Just another reason this game needs a TV Tropes page.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

For one, knowing a good bit of what people end up as in the HMRC, I'd be willing to bet that there's extensive cybernetics suite here. I've always been fascinated by cybernetics, although where I came from, they weren't looked upon too highly. Were I in a place that had a better attitude towards it, I would volunteer for an augment. Would doing something like that here be acceptable? I don't really care for anything that's a serious boost, like the synth-flesh stuff I saw on sale at the armory, just a replacement. And, perhaps, a variation? I'm not sure if you'd be the one to talk to about a different type of leg augment that I've had in my mind for a while...

... Inquire to the doc about the cybernetics done here?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Wow! Guess we're a really diverse unit now :) The descriptions are awesome. Also, I feel almost flattered by mine, piecewise  ;D

Also, just got an idea: what about making an after-mission party? So that we can welcome those who managed to survive it, mourn those who didn't, and, most importantly finally get acquainted with each other and finally pool our knowledge of the whole two threads (probably purposefully omitting some specified parts, such as Faith not telling anyone about her legendary talk with the children or Ivan not mentioning him being an Altered now)? If done (actions phrased) well, it can be done in just one action post worth of time and provide the two huge benefits of sharing the common knoledge and specifying which of it is actually secret (concentrating all non-shared information (or references of thereof) in one post, so that it can be looked up there without needing to dig the whole ~300 pages of two threads).
Actually, I'm going to suggest that (without the meta part, of course) in-character right after the training session, but would like to hear some of your opinions before, mainly that of piecewise - it might or might not be classified as malicious metagaming (instead of beneficial semi-metagaming as planned), so I'd like to check this first.))

>>>[con:3]
((Just to make sure, I rolled 1 here and you already added the bonuses for conventional weapons specialization and it being the 'shotgun' mode of firing laser-emitting rifle? Or you have revised the rules, or something like that? Or I'm missing something entirely? Just curious.))

If the pulse rifle is within reach, go for it and shoot the thing once more (hopefully 5 seconds would've have passed) and stab it once again. If not, kick the thing with my legs and use the momentum to slide off the spike (use hands to help the process), then try to go for the rifle and do the aforementioned sequence of actions.
Keep calm and smile.

You bastard.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:46:10 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 2101