_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935742 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((@PyroDesu: lol, your character has quite the bravado going. As for a point in exotic for prosthetics, you should have postponed a little, since those are expensive.))

((What do you think I'm going to the Doc for? I'm sure that he has ideas for cybernetics that he hasn't been able to find a volunteer to test, and if he doesn't, I'll give him some.

Also, it was in my Character sheet:

if involved in an argument, tends not to back down very easily.

That quote holds very true.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:17:56 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What do you think I'm going to the Doc for?

))
((Yah, but I guess only the synth-flesh ones fall under exotic. And yeah, I saw that one before you edited it out from a previous post.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((What do you think I'm going to the Doc for?

))
((Yah, but I guess only the synth-flesh ones fall under exotic. And yeah, I saw that one before you edited it out from a previous post.))

((Synth-flesh, yeah, but what about ones that don't quite match up to human replica, and might confer an advantage?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Synth-flesh, yeah, but what about ones that don't quite match up to human replica, and might confer an advantage?))
((Tentacle arm? Well, I think the doctor may be thrilled by Nekarios' willingness in being his test subject. He should just be careful not to wake up in the rec room's garbage.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Would you like me to pre-program a Field Manipulator to vaporize you with the energy of several stars while we're on a mission, buddy? Only reason I screwed up this time was because I had to program on the fly.
>I'd love to see that happening. For some reason, I bet you would end up melting Fanboy instead.
Only real problem there is you wouldn't really live long enough to enjoy the sight of me team-killing. Once I get the programming done, which can be done on the ship, all I have to do is define the area and hit execute. No skill involved there, so nothing to screw up. Only way Nik, or 'Fanboy' as you insist on calling him, would get caught is if he shoved you out of the way right as I hit the button.
>Sigh. Sure, whatever goes for you, but the field has somewhat harsher conditions than a nursery. I'll be replaying the moment you melted your own head, thank you very much. You are free to go.

I'll stick a camera on my helmet so I can replay your incandescent destruction as much as I want. And, the field ain't always full of action, I'd bet the only thing allowing me to see in reality, other than when I'm in a suit, on that.
((Talking from the spectator mode or from the field. If somehow still disabled, which I find unlikely, disregard this.))
Comrades, cease hostilities! We're in the same team, remember? And yes, I would shove any of you out of the danger's way if I get the chance. And yes, given how fragile our suits are, even the Mk III comrade Milno sports, pretty much a seven-year-old girl armed with a fruit knife could take us in one hit - in one lucky hit, yes, but nonetheless.
Now, I should probably take the bet, for it would be a win-win situation - either with tokens and alive, or dead and don't need the tokens anyway. Unfortunately, I'd probably agree with you here, comrade Milno. No offense, Nick - it's my bad luck, not your continued faults, however it may look from outside. Does this ship have an augur on board? If only I knew what was causing all of this...

((Nah, looks like I'm still undecided on that topic. Leaning to mixed (interwoven, actually) sincerity and (self-)irony, though.  ;) ))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:26:15 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Quote from: Quote Pyramid Scheme
-snip-
((Talking from the spectator mode or from the field. If somehow still disabled, which I find unlikely, disregard this.))
Comrades, cease hostilities! We're in the same team, remember? And yes, I would shove any of you out of the danger's way if I get the chance. And yes, given how fragile our suits are, even the Mk III comrade Milno sports, pretty much a seven-year-old girl armed with a fruit knife could take us in one hit - in one lucky hit, yes, but nonetheless.
Now, I should probably take the bet, for it would be a win-win situation - either with tokens and alive, or dead and don't need the tokens anyway. Unfortunately, I'd probably agree with you here, comrade Milno. No offense, Nick - it's my bad luck, not your continued faults, however it may look from outside. Does this ship have an augur on board? If only I knew what was causing all of this...

((Nah, looks like I'm still undecided on that topic. Leaning to mixed (interwoven, actually) sincerity and (self-)irony, though.  ;) ))

Nik, the first accident was neither of us, an error occurred on the Manipulator. The second time, with your arm, it was either the Maniupulator or my calculations were somehow off, though I don't know how. The third time, I got sloppy with the highly complex equations involved in heating something to twenty-million kelvin.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Have you counted that fine example of my stupidity when I poked the metal guardian instead of shooting the strange thing? And that time when my weapon was devoured by it, as well as some bits of my arm? Now, as I say, it has nothing to do with you or the burner thing. It's my overall bad luck.
I tell you, if I get on a real mission, guess who would get the first enemy shot? Me.

Still, this all may be just a hardship I have to overcome and benefit the 'Corps by providing the knowledge of how to fight off a bad luck curse. By Magisters will, I'll do whatever I can, and, if possible, even more.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Have you counted that fine example of my stupidity when I poked the metal guardian instead of shooting the strange thing? And that time when my weapon was devoured by it, as well as some bits of my arm? Now, as I say, it has nothing to do with you or the burner thing. It's my overall bad luck.
I tell you, if I get on a real mission, guess who would get the first enemy shot? Me.

Still, this all may be just a hardship I have to overcome and benefit the 'Corps by providing the knowledge of how to fight off a bad luck curse. By Magisters will, I'll do whatever I can, and, if possible, even more.

You poked it because we really didn't know what to do and I suggested it. We thought it was dead when you poked it the second time. And you know who I bet will be the first to get hit in the mission we go on? One of the Vets. Because like hell am I going to go first, and like hell am I going to let you take the lead.

<Of course, maybe none of this matters because, who knows? Maybe there is no luck, only dice rolls that control your actions. Oh wait, that's essentially what luck is, only it can't be malicious, just random.>

(([/my character going meta on whether or not life is just one big RTD.] Actually, the latter part is best treated as non-canon.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:08:27 pm by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

<Or maybe there is no luck, no rolls. Everything is predicted, planned from the very beginning. And in this case 'bad luck' means a foreplanned series of disasters.
But yes, you're right. We probably can't ever know that, all we know is just what we do, what we decide to do, and how good we actually do that.
Yes, that means that with hard work to improve yourself one can overcome his own failures. So be it, there's no bad luck or anything, only wise and foolish choices.>

(([/my character going meta on whether or not life as an RTD can only be affected by choosing the right course of actions.]
EDIT: Why non-canon, by the way? Still, if you say so, than this whole post is also...
EDIT2: Yay, now we have about three different levels of in- and out of- game, character and canon speech. :D ))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:15:31 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Non-canon because I want to go nowhere near metaphysics with my character. I just said that as a joke.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Empyrean mutters something about stupid welders and welder operators before looking up.

"Some help here, please?" she says through gritted teeth.

Try again. Try until I get out.
[str:4,5] You place both feet on the bar and push while pulling on your hand. It takes a few good yanks but you manage to get your hand free.

"Booooring!" Thomas flips through the channels further.
The next channel has a program called "zero-g jello wrestling"

Milno sighs afterwards. Being a countryside bumpkin does have several cons.

Milno leaves the VR, checks the rec room and then goes back to the simulation, starting to search for systems similar to the one he wants to create, exos and suits with settings which he could learn from, maybe even checking the synth arm's one, to discover if it comes from the semi-alien build of the arm or if it is programmed into the prosthetic.

The youth takes a peek into the training course and discovers none of the newbies has passed through the first obstacle. Oh, how interesting. It seems they managed to do even worse than last time, in an amusing kind of way.
>Do you want me to replace your enemies for squirrels? It seems more adequate at this moment.
Throw Suicidal Teamkiller (MkII) into the simulation again when or if he comes back. 2 lives remaining. If fanboy has died, throw him back again, with one life.

Suicidal Teamkiller may swap his field manipulator for another weapon inside the 5 token limit if he wants to.
I'll just point out that you could probably ask the research labs to make you that program.

You boot the dead trainees back into the simulation.

((Oh God, I just understood that I have just clenched the teeth. All of them.
Now, all I need to get a quick trip back to Neverland is to loose the jaw a bit...  ;D ))
Nick?!.
A lightning-fast thought pierced the slipping mind of Nikitian: I have just gritted the teeth for several seconds. All of them. Then released. Now there's that silver lining, ...
That switch of yours is placed in such a way that normal gritting of teeth and such won't activate it. Unless you want to get electrocuted every time you try to eat food or something.

Enter spectator mode on the MEHMRCMS. (Milno-Enhanced HMRC Mission Simulator, anyone?)

I'll have you know, Milno, that the mathematics for heating an area to twenty-million degrees kelvin are not simple. I am not surprised at the results, I got sloppy and started the program before it was finished. I'm surprised it did anything at all. Now respawn me so I can go nuclear on that puddle of fuck-you goo. Or, even better, hang on a few moments while I toy with something on Tinker, so that I can go thermonuclear on it.

Exit VR and go and see if the Doctor is available yet.
You exit the simulation and head to the infirmary. You spot the doctor walking out of a back room.

"Oh. Good! Good... Um, this means no side effects, right? Everything went as planned?"
"No. No, everything is fine." he turns to leave and walks out the door. You're about to hop of the table when he pokes his head back in. "By the way, let me know if eyes start bleeding. Probably nothing. Goodbye." And he's gone.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Concentrate on the surroundings. Don't let myself slip.
Humanity's blood! Hold on, man!
((Looks like I am still in that state of half-way to Neverland from pain and blood loss, so there wasn't any dialogue, at least, with me participating in it :) ))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:42:10 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Try and catch his attention, if he doesn't seem too busy.

Hey! Hey Doc! If you're not busy, could you come over for a moment? I've got a few things I want to talk about.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno decides that is probably too complicated for him to do it himself and sends the program request to the research labs. While waiting for an answer, he keeps trying to do it alone for now, searching for similar programs available.

((@Nikitian: You were dead and booted back into the simulation.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@Nikitian: You were dead and booted back into the simulation.))
((Last time I was barely conscious, but still quite alive (for not too long, probably). Still, it's up to piecewise, so I'll just patiently wait for his answer and do nothing. Especially so since I'm probably the only active conscript in the simulation as of now ;) ))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 2101