_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924344 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

considering the fact that i just read eon. . . . . . . indicate to the surgeon that i want to be pictoboted. . . . .  utilizing a small holographic projector that i can hook myself up to.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((...pictobotted?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go through the operation.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Great. Now waiting for the next turn is going to be even more suspenseful than before.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

By the way, Game Master... I mean, you're playing the role of Steve here, right? It looks like we didn't get any mission briefing, we don't have a (however crude and uninformative) map of this place, and neither do we have any ideas about the 'shinies' we're looking for. Could you explain the situation a bit?
((What a wonderful piece of irony we have here, by the way  ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, Game Master... I mean, you're playing the role of Steve here, right? It looks like we didn't get any mission briefing, we don't have a (however crude and uninformative) map of this place, and neither do we have any ideas about the 'shinies' we're looking for. Could you explain the situation a bit?
>No map nor briefing survives the field. Also, mission control's orders about what you are supposed to loot is basically what I just said. Do not expect anything specific. Vague is as good you are going to get. And in case you have not noticed, this is a very simple test area. If you want a map and a briefing, I suppose we can start over and emulate a landing with heavy hostile anti-air and a 4/6 chance of your shuttle being destroyed and your body being turned into mincemeat even before your feet hit the ground.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:36:47 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((What a wonderful piece of irony we have here, by the way  ;) ))

I think that's the point. We have to figure out how to deal with the situations he throws at us.

This is supposed to be a training simulation. You don't make it any easier than the real thing, or you get nothing out of it. And if you make it harder than the real thing, it prepares you more than you need, and you have a better chance at survival.

While I know that on a real mission you get a map and at least some idea of what your objective is, situations on the field can change rapidly. Best to learn how to deal with that and not rely on maps and briefings.

((Cael, you ninja.  ;D))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Nikitian sighed and shook his head. For the first time his military training was getting in the way, and, likely, not the last.
You are probably right. Still, this case illustrates that we probably need a mission control-independent way of getting those maps. Could someone of you, comrades, program a simple mapping application for the HUD? These suits have cameras, and at least the top-tier ones should have the HUD sophisticated enough to support such a program. Intercepting the enemies' communications would also be good, but that probably has to wait quite a bit, and I'm unsure anything save for Steve can decode the xenos gibberish.
Also, for the record: cut that crap about 'simple test area', comrade Milno. I'm definetly not going to buy that you could have something... simple waiting for us, it's not your style. The start looks simple? That's only do deceive us. Neither does the first impression survive the field, if you want me to put it that way.
To change the topic: what are you doing now? Other than watch our pathetically slow and inefficient (and probably very foolish) advance? I take it you've also toyed with the tinker mode of simulation? What have you already devised, and what are you currently working on? Just having a nice talk with mission control while there's nothing happening. You know, baiting the xenos to come and attack while being supposedly (actually, not) overoccupied with talking. They say, the more xenos you kill, the less there are, after all.
And you, comrades? What have you been doing prior to entering this simulation?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:27:19 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are probably right. Still, this case illustrates that we probably need a mission control-independent way of getting those maps. Could someone of you, comrades, program a simple mapping application for the HUD? These suits have cameras, and at least the top-tier ones should have the HUD sophisticated enough to support such a program. Intercepting the enemies' communications would also be good, but that probably has to wait quite a bit, and I'm unsure anything save for Steve can decode the xenos gibberish.
Also, for the record: cut that crap about 'simple test area', comrade Milno. I'm definetly not going to buy that you could have something... simple waiting for us, it's not your style. The start looks simple? That's only do deceive us. Neither does the first impression survive the field, if you want me to put it that way.
To change the topic: what are you doing now? Other than watch our pathetically slow and inefficient (and probably very foolish) advance? I take it you've also toyed with the tinker mode of simulation? What have you already devised, and what are you currently working on? Just having a nice talk with mission control while there's nothing happening. You know, baiting the xenos to come and attack while being supposedly (actually, not) overoccupied with talking. They say, the more xenos you kill, the less there are, after all.
And you, comrades? What have you been doing prior to entering this simulation?

>I am throughly offended by you implying this is not a simple test area and doubting the extension of my peerless kindness towards life in general. Just have in mind that by "simple", I mean "simpler to find the way out than in the actual field". I never said the obstacles would be easy. And as for what I am doing now, I am watching people in suits inside a dark hallway.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Take no offence, comrade: I was praising your cunning, a fine characteristic of a warrior. And ruthlessness, yes, for you definetly know first-hand that it is better not to show any mercy to the conscripts while training them, for the enemy knows no mercy for us humans.
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take no offence, comrade: I was praising your cunning, a fine characteristic of a warrior. And ruthlessness, yes, for you definetly know first-hand that it is better not to show any mercy to the conscripts while training them, for the enemy knows no mercy for us humans.
((So your character can't identify snarkiness?))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( Not sure: either that, or he's repaying in kind (not snarkiness, perhaps, but the same basic irony). Possibly a mix of both. We'll probably see later which when it comes out naturally. ))
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Not sure: either that, or he's repaying in kind (not snarkiness, perhaps, but the same basic irony). Possibly a mix of both. We'll probably see later which when it comes out naturally. ))
((Strangest "paying in kind" retort I've ever seen.))
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Hello people,

I have been following this thread for a few days. I haven't been able to read up on every post yet (it is quite a lot of course) but I really got totally carried away by the RP story you guys are putting together. I would really like to join in so I prepared a character sheet. For me RP is still quite new but I hope that is okay with you. Is it possible to still join? And what do you suggest in terms of reading up on the story? I have been reading from the start (currently at about page 110 of the mission thread). Should I just read the last pages of both the mission thread and the on-ship thread? Anyway, here is my character sheet:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:31:36 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Prosperus: Hello there. I advise you to read all of it or you may end up losing a sliver of epicness or Faith trying to molest children. Your character has an extra zero in the "inches" part of height, so you may want to take that out.
And yes, I guess it is possible to join, since new characters keep being yanked out of stasis pods. Welcome to hell, by the way.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:40:44 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 2101