_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923783 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith pondered the Arbiter's answers for a moment. They were certainly... interesting. The fact that it called itself a simulation was particularly bizarre- did it have meta knowledge of being a VR construction, or was that supposed to refer to something else?

Well, whatever. Time for something a little more practical.

Begin duel mode. Faith w/MkII and those shock gauntlets vs Milno with his MkIII and laser rifle. Abandoned city, starting around twenty feet apart in the middle of a street.

On duel start, attempt to shock him into submission.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Good. All right, people, let's move!

Fry the metal diamond if it reacts towards us or a teammate starts acting odd.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@IronyOwl: Faith will be my new test dummy.  :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Is there a library or some thing. I want to learn sign language. its currently the most silent form of communication I know of.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas prepares his drill ((If I still can have it)), and prepares to tear anything to bits.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:28:45 am by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thomas prepares his drill ((If I still can have it)), and one arms the laser rifle, which is set for low dispersal, high power.
((5 for a normal drill. You either ditch it or the laser rifle.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas prepares his drill ((If I still can have it)), and one arms the laser rifle, which is set for low dispersal, high power.
((5 for a normal drill. You either ditch it or the laser rifle.))
((Ditch dat rifle))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((@IronyOwl: Faith will be my new test dummy.  :P))
((I'm surprised she's not already a stress ball. D:

Also, I'm less than confident in this fight as is.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm surprised she's not already a stress ball. D:

Also, I'm less than confident in this fight as is.))
((Nah, don't be. A laser rifle's beam in the normal setting takes two seconds of contact with a MkI suit to cut through. With a MkII, you are quite safe, actually.
Edit: But I am actually quite curious as to how the GM will auto Milno.))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:40:21 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Oh god.))

"Hrmm. It should work, but I don't really want to test it. It could blow up in my face, or it could work, and piss of Steve. Who would either zap me, or send the Armory Master after me. Well, seeing what happened to that poor sod back there, if she does come after me, I'm jumping out an airlock. Fate worse than death indeed. Well, I could always use Tinker to test it."

Enter Tinker program, and disassemble a laser rifle and replicate mine.
You enter tinker and select a laser rifle. You take it apart and put it back together in exactly the same way you put  your real life rifle together.

So be it. Take a note: on a real mission, I want you, comrades, all armed and ready to fight from the beginning. Now... may the Magisters have mercy on us, for comrade Milno certainly doesn't - we're moving out. Oh, and we're those damn sitting ducks here, if someone missed, so I want us to find potential cover ASAP.
Wait a bit for the rest of the team get armed (no longer than half a minute), then cautiously lead the way towards the 'diamond'. If it moves, or reacts to our presence, shoot it. If, as we approach it, I feel something mess up with my mind, or one of the comrades suddenly starts behaving differently (such as screams 'John, WHY are there tentacles growing out of you?'), shoot it (The Most Obvious Cause - that hovering 'diamond' over there in this case) - and let it be known as the Second Maxim. Apply the First one as well (shoot anything, which is not a comrade, moving into my field of vision).
Good. All right, people, let's move!

Fry the metal diamond if it reacts towards us or a teammate starts acting odd.
Thomas prepares his drill ((If I still can have it)), and prepares to tear anything to bits.
The team, half crouched and weapons at the ready, begins to advance down the hall. The diamond doesn't budge as they walk closer and finally stop directly in front of it. It's taking up enough of the hall that they can't easily get around it; the only way around it is ducking or crawling under it. Well, the only way that didn't involve touching it.

Is there a library or some thing. I want to learn sign language. its currently the most silent form of communication I know of.
Well, you could look on the computers, ask the armory master, or, considering your metal body do something entirely different, like rig up a small screen on your chest that translates your thoughts into simple images or videos. You'd be pictionary bot.

Faith pondered the Arbiter's answers for a moment. They were certainly... interesting. The fact that it called itself a simulation was particularly bizarre- did it have meta knowledge of being a VR construction, or was that supposed to refer to something else?

Well, whatever. Time for something a little more practical.

Begin duel mode. Faith w/MkII and those shock gauntlets vs Milno with his MkIII and laser rifle. Abandoned city, starting around twenty feet apart in the middle of a street.

On duel start, attempt to shock him into submission.

[faith dex:6]
[uncon:6]
[Milnobot con:2]

Milnobot fires a burst of laser fire at Faith but misses her entirely as she extends a length of wire from the tips of her fingers and begins swinging them above her head, building momentum until she unleashes them like a great whip, arcing out and entrapping milnobot. Unfortunately she greatly overcompensates with the length of her wire and, in addition to wrapping around milnobot, wraps herself up as well. The electric shock kicks in a moment later.
[milnobot end:2]
[faith end:4-1]
Both faith and milnobot collapse in convulsions as current surges through their suits and the flesh beneath. Faith manages to rise to her knees after the shock subsides, while Milnobot remains prone.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"M-mission accomplished, I guess," Faith said, staggering to her feet. She'd proven she could actually do things in combat. That was a nice feeling.

"Now for the alternative..."

New duel, Faith vs mindless faceless robot mook. Faith with MKII and monoatomic razor, mook with laser rifle.

When duel starts, rush robot and attempt to chop things.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Right then. Now lets see how this works."

Test fire the rifle, with a one second burn, to a five second burn.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Alright, at least we've established that it is not motion activated, a least from this side. Anyone care to poke it, with a weapon barrel or somesuch?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: I thought the MkIII granted +1 to endurance  :P

Edit: Milnobot should not be such a wimp. I want to see blood, for god's sake.
Oh wait, laser rifle. Nevermind, not going to happen anyways.))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:27:32 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Sure.
Poke the thing (in its center or somewhere around) with the tip of the bayonet - slightly, without applying strength.
If it reacts, stop doing that (move the bayonet back a bit (less than an inch) and freeze). If continues reacting (such as if it suddenly went from 'stand-by mode' to 'extermination of the intruders'), shoot it, for, thankfully, the weapon should still be aiming squarely at the 'diamond', and move to the side to let the comrades do their part.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 2101