_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922858 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((I agree with Caellath's opinion of Eli. He says that he has basically done everything that a human being can do, and is still in the prime of his life. BULL. SHIT. If he read every book possible, then he would be dead already from old age, not to mention all the other stuff he says hes done. Delusional indeed I say.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Yeah, that's one of the problems with trying to play such characters in dice-based games, especially one where every PC starts at the same level. No matter how badass they are in their backstory, the dice will treat them the same as everyone else... and judging from both his rolls and his actions, as I've said before, Elisaz is kind of a goof. :)))
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"How were you made?

What's your purpose?

What would be required to modify you?

How much free will do you have?

Do you have things you like or dislike, or things you prefer over other things?

How intelligent are you?

How perceptive are you?

How strong are you?

How tough are you?

Do you wear down or age at all?

What are you made of?

Do you have anything resembling a personality?"

Bombard Arbiter of Peace with questions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

All right people, looks like we have one direction to go in. However, I don't like the look of that thing. We cannot know how long it's been there, and so; we cannot know if it's an artifact of some kind or an enemy. Seems the best way to find out is to see if it starts shooting... unfortunately.

Ready my field manipulator to heat the floating metal diamond into slag, but do not enter the command yet, only ready it to do so.

One of you with actual weapons should take point. I don't really care who.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((TCM makes psychotics funny. The blush was the topping on the cake of chocolate.

Also, poor man. Losing his manhood and his dignity due to a rise in heat and the rush of blood...I wonder how far the Armory Master can be pushe- no, wait. No.

Nevertheless, I applaud your delusions. It all worked in the end. :P))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:13:46 am by Tiruin »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Hey, why not? I mean, it's for my character's sake  ;) to assume attributes (including Int, in Elisaz's case) can go down because of being in cryo-tank - and, you know, it only supplies the fact that we get those skill and attribute points after each mission, which means 'about every four or five hours' (mind the time we spend in stasis before each mission). So, well, I can believe he was good - perhaps not *that* good as he wants us to believe, a bit of his memories lying to himself would perfectly fit his character, with his enormous ego - but why not, after all?
(I don't mean anything like 75 points in Int, but about 10 more - sure, why not?) And, perhaps, after that threshold (two missions) we start being on the ship, spending time in the gym/library/meditation room/VR dating sim and our attributes and skills rise more conventionally. Well, that's what I  believe  ;) ))
Remember if that diamond resembes the sentinel Feyri powerslided, then if that attempt fails, try the less reliable sources on aliens I have in my memory (those three sites).
Aim for the center of the 'diamond', but shoot only if it starts moving (also mind the maxim from before - if anything else, which is not a comrade, enters the scene, shoot it on sight).
Cast a quick glance to the back to confirm that comrades are ready (and armed) and that the hall doesn't extend at the other end.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Um, wait. How can you know about the sentinel that I powerslided under?

Or does the ship have a post-mission information cache, for posterity purposes?

Also, even if this works, good idea Nikitian! I was planning to try on that thing.

If I live...you know. >.>))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:13:03 am by Tiruin »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Actually... at some point around the meditation (most likely after), I payed a visit to Feyri and learned about all teammates and the first mission. Then, after a bit of time, I came to her with a datapad and made an entry based on her memories of aliens in that mission - mainly about the sentinel, if I remember correctly.
At the time it didn't seem too important (with that particular kind of aliens becoming extinct), but now it might be worth something  ;)
Also, yes, the datapad is lying beside me sitting plugged into VR, and it is entitled 'Previously Encountered Alien Species'. It seems I haven't yet entered new data from the second mission, but I'll do that right after the training session.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: from Nikitian
And, perhaps, after that threshold (two missions) we start being on the ship, spending time in the gym/library/meditation room/VR dating sim and our attributes and skills rise more conventionally.
((This is not a dating sim with the armory master as your chosen girl. You'll get your five attribute and skill points by risking your life every single time and you'll like it.))

((@GM: Minor corrosion may be enough on a Shunt...What is the material it is mostly composed of, since it is skintight? I was aiming for the discs, but...))
Answering Faith:
"Combat simulation on the VR. More useful for the newbies."

Milno attempts to fit the metal-corroding substances in gauss cannon shells and test them against the targets. (Maybe a larger volume, but I have no idea if it'll work - at the very least I always have the excuse Milno was a farm boy! :P) If it fails, he checks if the aforementioned substances can be turned into gel.
He makes at least one small rupture in each suit and shoots a gauss slug containing only the Doomsday, proceeding to adjust the timer if needed and check the material the shunt is mostly composed of, searching for an acid alternative.

Milno extends the hallway until it encompasses the team and closes it behind them, allowing the unarmed people to still pick their chosen weapons inside the corridor.
>Go in there, gather shinies. Surviving is optional.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:57:59 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Actually... at some point around the meditation (most likely after), I payed a visit to Feyri and learned about all teammates and the first mission. Then, after a bit of time, I came to her with a datapad and made an entry based on her memories of aliens in that mission - mainly about the sentinel, if I remember correctly.
At the time it didn't seem too important (with that particular kind of aliens becoming extinct), but now it might be worth something  ;)
Also, yes, the datapad is lying beside me sitting plugged into VR, and it is entitled 'Previously Encountered Alien Species'. It seems I haven't yet entered new data from the second mission, but I'll do that right after the training session.))

((Link please. I'm confoosed. How did you mentally visit me?  ???))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

You go to the rec room and stand around, elated.
Look for comrades (that is, other members of the 'Corps) around the room and greet them, both joyously and respectfully, and inquire for their names. Mind the veterans: ask them (if found any) about the previous mission(s) experience.
[/color]
You look around. There appears to be a woman standing alone in the center of the sparring ring and two guys sitting around at a table, eating. A short bout of introduction later and you find that the two men eating are Charro and Mesk, the woman in the ring is Feyri, and that Feyri is the only veteran with a staggering 1 mission.
Hmmm, so amazingly contradictory information... I'll have no other choice than to resort to first-hand reports.
Go to the armory and ask for an electronic logbook. Entitle it 'Previously encountered  alien species'.
Remember and write there my own first-hand experience of dealing with aliens (the one I got in my military career, that is).
Then go find Feyri and ask her to enter her experiences of the xenos (particularly, the known weapons/abilities and vulnerabilities of that sentry she powerslided so daringly and masterfully; compliment on her performance).

That reminds me - Steve, has anyone among former 'Corps members done anything like that? And can we have a look at the data he (or she) managed to compile?
((If you were in the service you'd probably only know about the Haebi, those fungus aliens who convert planets to spore carrier ships, since thats the major enemy of your time.))
You head to the armory and get a datapad, open up a document and entitle it "Previously Encountered Alien Species". As you walk off to find Feyri you talk to steve, asking him if anyone else has compiled information like this.

> In document form, not that I know of. But you may want to talk to the armory master, she was a conscript once.
((Here it- Oh! It looks like I haven't really found Feyri that time when I was collecting the data, and it's quite ambigous whether I have been told about that powerslide before, or not - probably yes, because I cannot imagine Feyri of that time talking of her 'staggering 1 mission' without mentioning the powerslide. Still, GM's guidance is requested.))

Quote from: from Nikitian
And, perhaps, after that threshold (two missions) we start being on the ship, spending time in the gym/library/meditation room/VR dating sim and our attributes and skills rise more conventionally.
((This is not a dating sim with the armory master as your chosen girl. You'll get your five attribute and skill points by risking your life every single time and you'll like it.))
((I wasn't talking about that particular kind of simulation - more like, of some generally possible where you could really 'train' dating or, in general, socializing (to train your Charisma and/or Speech). Still, both ways of understanding the game mechanics are possible, and I think piecewise doesn't say anything about that on purpose - so that each could still hold to his preferred explanation and don't waste time and enjoyment.
(Yes, I do understand that there are objective reasons for him not to answer anything to one of these claims yet, but I believe he wouldn't in any case. )
Anyway, my character hasn't really encountered his attributes and skills rising, so we'll see later. Perhaps it's more of an alien technology Steve is using to empower those who distinguished themselves by surviving the mission, or something like that ;) ))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:19:23 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"What. How is this army issue? Who does the army recruit to warrant this kind of training? Oh forget it."

Fix my rifle.

((I would feel sorry for Elisaz, but he kinda deserved it.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"Well, can I get an approximate price for each? Please? I just want to know how many tokens it will take."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What is the scope of 'crew'? o_o))
((I think I missed both this and Faith's question. Editing my last action to include an answer to Faith.
@Skyrunner: I guess he meant "crew" as in "everyone inside the ship". Yeah, I guess he can virtually rape anyone.))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((What is the scope of 'crew'? o_o))
((I think I missed both this and Faith's question. Editing my last action to include an answer to Faith.
@Skyrunner: I guess he meant "crew" as in "everyone inside the ship". Yeah, I guess he can virtually rape anyone.))

((Not anymore he can't.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 2101