_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922506 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

((I'm imagining the drill about the size of forearm, can be mounted on suit. Is this accurate?)) Thomas facepalms and gens a Mark 3 real quick. He links the laser and drill to the pack. Approaching the team, he disengages the amps, leaving his visor up, then he links the lights to the power pack, and sets them up to be able to flash brightly if needed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

You wake up later, much later, in the infirmary, in a full body tank of some sort of fluid. A doctor is standing outside the tank, looking at you.
"Try not to move. Trying to keep you organic. Most things saved. " he pauses for a moment, "Could not save genitals."
((For Elisaz :P))

Faith blinked again. Well. Seemed Arbiters were... able to destroy Avatars of War without difficulty. Erm.

She considered sending two Arbiters against each other for a few moments. Would she even be able to see anything? Would they use some kind of what looked like dark magic on each other instead of fighting normally? It was a combination of horrifying and fascinating.

She also had another idea.

Set Arbiter to obey me. Walk up to it and ask if it can communicate.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thomas facepalms and gens a Mark 3 real quick. He links the laser and drill to the pack. Approaching the team, he disengages the amps, leaving his visor up, then he links the lights to the power pack, and sets them up to be able to flash brightly if needed.
((Max of 5 tokens.
Edit: And leaving Elisaz alive but horribly maimed is actually worse than killing him. Way worse.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((You know, shouldn't Faith be paid for donating her sanity to !!SCIENCE!!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nope. It was actually not as amusing as I thought it would be, so I do not think so. The GM described the event in great detail, but Faith herself did not claw at her face nor wish an immediate, swift demise, so I had no fun.))

Milno checks on the size of the 3 token nerve gas containers and analyzes the possiblity of creating a simple activation mechanism on his toothy attachment to release the gas.
"I know you guys are very eager to set up your group date, but now it is time for either strategizing or entering that ominous dark hall of doom. With emphasis on the 'enter dark hall of doom' part. If you happen to be strategizing then it is ok, you probably survive a few more seconds with that. Not."

((Edit: Elisaz was the fusion of pure, unrestrained evil with some badass according to his backstory. I actually think he is an escapee of a mental institution, possessed by delusions of grandeur.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:08:19 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Like hell am I going in blind. Our light amps won't cut it, I'm trying to get my headlamps online so I can see. I'm hoping the others will end up doing the same. Once we can see, we can plan a way to the objective. Going into unknown territory without sight is suicide.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like hell am I going in blind. Our light amps won't cut it, I'm trying to get my headlamps online so I can see. I'm hoping the others will end up doing the same. Once we can see, we can plan a way to the objective. Going into unknown territory without sight is suicide.
"If you happen to be strategizing then it is ok, you probably survive a few more seconds with that. Not."
"Actually, the setting was pitch-black for that purpose. You're the only one who has even thought about activating your lamps so far."
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

"If you happen to be strategizing then it is ok, you probably survive a few more seconds with that. Not."
"Actually, the setting was pitch-black for that purpose. You're the only one who has even thought about activating your lamps so far."

I'm actually surprised nobody else has. We are sight-oriented creatures, without sight, we are quite screwed. Making it so we can see should be an obvious thing to do. As you said, it's pitch-black for a purpose. It would be too easy to have it in full light conditions, but by darkening it, you have very easily created an environment where we could be killed without the chance to react, and the basic act of turning on a light will keep us alive that much longer. Those that do not think to do so will learn to very quickly.

Either that, or I'm overanalysing it and you just wanted to creep us out. Either way.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:42:29 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

See if I can communicate verbally or in some way with the doctor.
You seem to be able to communicate mostly through gurgling and bleeding. Oh, no, you can think you can probably twitch a bi-OW FUCK OW FUCK OW.

Okay, Light Amps are not going to cut it. Everyone, activate your headlamps, but disengage your light amps before doing so, or you'll blind yourself.

Disengage the Light Amps (Leaving the visor down, it stays down no matter what), then activate the headlamps on my suit.
You activate your head lamps in lieu of your light amps.
((I'm imagining the drill about the size of forearm, can be mounted on suit. Is this accurate?)) Thomas facepalms and gens a Mark 3 real quick. He links the laser and drill to the pack. Approaching the team, he disengages the amps, leaving his visor up, then he links the lights to the power pack, and sets them up to be able to flash brightly if needed.
you can attach it, but it would basically take the place of one hand, megaman style.
You wake up later, much later, in the infirmary, in a full body tank of some sort of fluid. A doctor is standing outside the tank, looking at you.
"Try not to move. Trying to keep you organic. Most things saved. " he pauses for a moment, "Could not save genitals."
((For Elisaz :P))

Faith blinked again. Well. Seemed Arbiters were... able to destroy Avatars of War without difficulty. Erm.

She considered sending two Arbiters against each other for a few moments. Would she even be able to see anything? Would they use some kind of what looked like dark magic on each other instead of fighting normally? It was a combination of horrifying and fascinating.

She also had another idea.

Set Arbiter to obey me. Walk up to it and ask if it can communicate.
You set the arbiter's team status to mirror your own and hover off the top of the building down to where the arbiter is standing, ankle deep in avatar blood.It's much larger up close.

"Um...hello?"

The arbiter looks down at you but doesn't say anything.

"Can you...talk?"

"Yes." it says. It's voice is so low and heavy you can feel it in your lungs.

She did it for the personal gain of finding a way to not be mindraped all the time.

((Nope. It was actually not as amusing as I thought it would be, so I do not think so. The GM described the event in great detail, but Faith herself did not claw at her face nor wish an immediate, swift demise, so I had no fun.))

Milno checks on the size of the 3 token nerve gas containers and analyzes the possiblity of creating a simple activation mechanism on his toothy attachment to release the gas.
"I know you guys are very eager to set up your group date, but now it is time for either strategizing or entering that ominous dark hall of doom. With emphasis on the 'enter dark hall of doom' part. If you happen to be strategizing then it is ok, you probably survive a few more seconds with that. Not."

((Edit: Elisaz was the fusion of pure, unrestrained evil with some badass according to his backstory. I actually think he is an escapee of a mental institute, possessed by delusions of grandeur.))

You could probably put a small amount of the gas in a container and pump it through the hollow teeth. All you'd need to do is make the pump activate via a button push or something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Oh. Um. How do Arbiters usually refer to themselves or recognize when people are talking to them? Like, do you have a name or something?

And uh...

What are you?"

She did it for the personal gain of finding a way to not be mindraped all the time.
((To be fair, I'm now actually less likely to be mindraped than several other teammates, and I don't think I'm more likely than very many of them.

Not that this group is known for its resilience on that front.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

If you say so, ... Game Master.
Turn the light amps off and see if Nick's idea of using lights works. If it does, do the same myself and look around.
Oh, so you're also getting a close-combat weapon, Thomas? Looks like I better stand in the back row and take the side and the back arcs of firing and you take point and prepare to drill through enemies as you see them come.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

(Pyro, Skype! Ideas to discuss~)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno integrates a heating and fan for keeping the gas in, well, gas form in the immediate vicinity of his faceplate and blow it upon the direction he faced if needed.
After that, he takes a gauss round and splits it, hollowing most of its interior, and creates a two-stage detonation system, keeping a heavy metal core for the sake of a stable flight, but adding a timer, two miniscule detonation charges and an amount of "the Ram", keeping it inside a vial or an analogue container able to keep the acid inside. He creates two copies of the shell and switches the Ram for Etchex and the intermediary option in each one, adding another small vial with Doomsday inside each round to detonate after a second explosion.

Milno basically attempts to create a slug able to detonate some meters before hitting its target and spraying blobs of metal-destroying substance upon it, following closely with some flesh-eating Doomsday.

He summons both a static dummy in a battlesuit and another in a shunt and tries all the three types of rounds against each armor. The dummy inside the shunt may use its ability to try preventing the round from killing him, though. If the shunt user avoids being killed or the substances keep nullyfing each other, he tries adjusting the timer until the shunt user is unable to prevent being melted. If the amount is too small he makes the slug longer, adds more substances to it and one extra circuit to the gauss rifle.

((I thought you were dead. And ideas?))

((Actually, not quite. It is just that some characters are very unlucky with those willpower rolls.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:44:08 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas drops the suit for the five token limit, then says "Steve, can you pricecheck the filament tipped drill, the pure filament drill and the power pack?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Oh. Um. How do Arbiters usually refer to themselves or recognize when people are talking to them? Like, do you have a name or something?

And uh...

What are you?"

((To be fair, I'm now actually less likely to be mindraped than several other teammates, and I don't think I'm more likely than very many of them.

"We may be given names, if our masters desire to speak to an individual."

"I am an Arbiter of Peace."

If you say so, ... Game Master.
Turn the light amps off and see if Nick's idea of using lights works. If it does, do the same myself and look around.
Oh, so you're also getting a close-combat weapon, Thomas? Looks like I better stand in the back row and take the side and the back arcs of firing and you take point and prepare to drill through enemies as you see them come.
You turn on your head lamps. Wow. That works. You look down the hall. It seems like a fairly simple long, straight hall. You can't see anything at the end, but there's a big hovering metal diamond thing in the center of the hall.

Thomas drops the suit for the five token limit, then says "Steve, can you pricecheck the filament tipped drill, the pure filament drill and the power pack?"

>More then you can afford

Milno integrates a heating and fan for keeping the gas in, well, gas form in the immediate vicinity of his faceplate and blow it upon the direction he faced if needed.
After that, he takes a gauss round and splits it, hollowing most of its interior, and creates a two-stage detonation system, keeping a heavy metal core for the sake of a stable flight, but adding a timer, two miniscule detonation charges and an amount of "the Ram", keeping it inside a vial or an analogue container able to keep the acid inside. He creates two copies of the shell and switches the Ram for Etchex and the intermediary option in each one, adding another small vial with Doomsday inside each round to detonate after a second explosion.

Milno basically attempts to create a slug able to detonate some meters before hitting its target and spraying blobs of metal-destroying substance upon it, following closely with some flesh-eating Doomsday.

He summons both a static dummy in a battlesuit and another in a shunt and tries all the three types of rounds against each armor. The dummy inside the shunt may use its ability to try preventing the round from killing him, though. If the shunt user avoids being killed or the substances keep nullyfing each other, he tries adjusting the timer until the shunt user is unable to prevent being melted. If the amount is too small he makes the slug longer, adds more substances to it and one extra circuit to the gauss rifle.

((I thought you were dead. And ideas?))

((Actually, not quite. It is just that some characters are very unlucky with those willpower rolls.))
Woo boy, this is a big one.

Ok, that heating system for keeping the gas gassy will work, but only for a very short distance in front of you when in near absolute zero space.

Ok, now as these duel action shells go, the biggest problem you're going to run into with it as you describe is that the metal dissolving part of that is gonna be so vaporized that it may be rendered useless. Even "the Ram" needs a reasonable amount of the liquid to dissolve its way through things, since it works by binding with the metal and producing a liquid result that then pours away. With it as the vapor that blowing open a shell like that would cause, what you'll end up with is a shell that will cause minor corrosion on metal and but spread the nerve gas well. Nerve gas works well in a bomb form because it was made to be a gas and works in very small amounts, but the metal dissolving things need to be sprayed or dumped on their targets, like from a hose or a bucket or supersoaker or something. 
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 2101