_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922535 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #945 on: May 14, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »

Third time is the charm. I would also like heavy armor while the evil one has light armor.

I hope my clone does not prove to be a better me than me again.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 14, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »

"Oh hey, it is the armory master's fan boy from that time. So, how are you doing? Managed to create any useless trinkets for us?"
Sort of. A couple of improvements on the gauss rifle, a close-combat weapon capable of inflicting damage on a battlesuit, a number of laser rifle variants (including a couple pistol-sized ones), and a power generator backpack. Care to test one of those? No? Well, that's a bit disappointing, but hopefully you'd change your attitude a bit after a mission or two.
Well, looks like it's been just me talking here. Good luck, comrades!

Return to tinkering. Estimate the price and the weight of the kinetic spear. Test more durable materials for the pole to be made of; look for a way to be able to detach the pole in field and see how much a spare one, made of rather cheap stuff, would be.
See how powerful the default generator installed on the high energy projector is, and compare it to the 5-token one I've tried using before.
Use the 'explode' option on the gauss rifle ammo and see if it is possible to make your own ammunition (if more crude) from various metal scraps and garbage found on a mission and/or from the raw materials obtained in the armory.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 14, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »

Thomas goes back to the earlier model, before he experimented with the filaments, and leaves it with the metal tip. He tries to overcharge the hydraulics system, then clones it and replaces the hydraulics with an electric motor.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 14, 2012, 06:48:27 pm »

"Hm... if I bought a backpack generator to replace the batteries, how much do you think it'd cost? And do you think it'd be worth it?

I'm guessing there's no real way to avoid having to replace the canisters, unless I can get a pocket material reconfigurer somehow."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #949 on: May 14, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »

Take a gauss shell, rifle preferred but cannon if need be and make it so that a Kinetic amp is contained inside and activates on impact.
You hollow out a section of a gauss shell and blunt the tip enough to allow the contact plate of a kinetic amp to be affixed to it. You make it so that the kinetic amp will activate on impact and multiply the force of the shell.

"Greetings Theodore. The African Savannah sure is a beautiful landscape isn't it?"

Raise up the Winchester Rifle and start shooting at Theodore Roosevelt.
You raise your Model 1876 rifle and take aim at the former president. He immediately draws his own weapon, though not before you can fire.
[Con:1]
[Ted con:6]
You pull the trigger and the weapon clicks impotently, jammed. Mr. Roosevelt, on the other hand, draws his pistol and puts a round dead center between your eyes.

GAME OVER

Thank armory master.

Head towards cafeteria and start welding.
You thank the armory master and head back to the cafeteria with the welding torch and attached power source. Once there you grab the long rod you had selected earlier and two smaller ones to make into handles, setting everything up on a table before you begin. [Handiwork:2-1] You attempt to connect the smaller pieces of metal to the larger one and end up simply cutting the larger one into 3 pieces. Damn it.

Third time is the charm. I would also like heavy armor while the evil one has light armor.

I hope my clone does not prove to be a better me than me again.
You start the simulation again, this time with you in a battle suit and your clone in a t-shirt that reads "Shoot me with a big fucking spear"
[con:3+1]
[clone:6]
Your shot tears off your clone's right arm and his shot ricochet's  off your armor and strikes him in the foot. The pole extends from the spear in his foot a moment later and breaks his jaw with a metallic uppercut. Over all, he's had a bad day.

"Oh hey, it is the armory master's fan boy from that time. So, how are you doing? Managed to create any useless trinkets for us?"
Sort of. A couple of improvements on the gauss rifle, a close-combat weapon capable of inflicting damage on a battlesuit, a number of laser rifle variants (including a couple pistol-sized ones), and a power generator backpack. Care to test one of those? No? Well, that's a bit disappointing, but hopefully you'd change your attitude a bit after a mission or two.
Well, looks like it's been just me talking here. Good luck, comrades!

Return to tinkering. Estimate the price and the weight of the kinetic spear. Test more durable materials for the pole to be made of; look for a way to be able to detach the pole in field and see how much a spare one, made of rather cheap stuff, would be.
See how powerful the default generator installed on the high energy projector is, and compare it to the 5-token one I've tried using before.
Use the 'explode' option on the gauss rifle ammo and see if it is possible to make your own ammunition (if more crude) from various metal scraps and garbage found on a mission and/or from the raw materials obtained in the armory.

The kinetic spear, as is, would be 8 or so token. More robust materials will of course cost more. In order to completely avoid having to replace the spear it would cost something like 14 for the whole weapon. Lower then that an it will just prolong use. As per a spare...sure, I don't see why not if you really want to be carrying not one but two giant metal poles around with you. Cost is gonna vary. 3 or so is how much the one you're using costs, so a cheaper model would be like 2 or maybe even 1.

The generator seems to be more powerful then the 5 token one, but charges much more slowly.

And gauss rifles can fire pretty much anything magnetic as long as it will fit in the barrel, hence all the harpoons and stuff people are playing with. You may have to make sabots or something, but yeah, you can hand make ammo if you really want to.

Thomas goes back to the earlier model, before he experimented with the filaments, and leaves it with the metal tip. He tries to overcharge the hydraulics system, then clones it and replaces the hydraulics with an electric motor.
If you're trying to make a normal drill that can drill through Battle suit level metals and stuff, I'm gonna tell you that isn't going to work. Namely because you, even in a exoskeleton, don't have the strength to hold it in place and press it with enough force.

"Hm... if I bought a backpack generator to replace the batteries, how much do you think it'd cost? And do you think it'd be worth it?

I'm guessing there's no real way to avoid having to replace the canisters, unless I can get a pocket material reconfigurer somehow."

"Depends on how much energy you're needing. For something low power and non-lethal you could probably get away with a belt style generator and capacitor bank. Maybe 3 tokens. And yeah, you're probably better off just spending tokens on tanks."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 14, 2012, 08:38:37 pm »

((So I wouldn't be able to get a drill that drills through rather tough things? Shame.)) Thomas takes the microfilament drill, saves it as complete, then creates a 3 foot lance with a kinetic amp on the front.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:50:18 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 14, 2012, 08:45:47 pm »

Restart the Scenario, but Elisaz just has the Machete, Teddy just has the Bowie Knife, and their in close-quarters combat range.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:30 pm »

((Right now I have an MKII suit, unused advanced medkit I can probably trade back in for the full 7 tokens, and 5 spare tokens, right?

Also, if I bought a generator would I get a refund on the free battery the gauntlets come with, meaning 7-1+3=9 total?))

"Alright, thanks. I might just do that..."

Go see the Doctor, who I assume is in the medical wing, and inquire about something, preferably something external and not embedded, to increase resistance to hostile mental forces.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #953 on: May 14, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »

((So I wouldn't be able to get a drill that drills through rather tough things? Shame.)) Thomas takes the microfilament drill, saves it as complete, then creates a 3 foot lance with a kinetic amp on the front.
You might be able to, but think about the size of the drill you have here and what you're trying to drill through. You're gonna end up doing the looney toon's thing of spinning around instead of the drill unless you have a hell of a way to resist the twisting force.

So a metal pole with a kinetic amp on it like Pyro's thing, but without the machine?

Restart the Scenario, but Elisaz just has the Machete, Teddy just has the Bowie Knife, and their in close-quarters combat range.
You reset the simulation, this time going for a presidential knife fight.

((Right now I have an MKII suit, unused advanced medkit I can probably trade back in for the full 7 tokens, and 5 spare tokens, right?

Also, if I bought a generator would I get a refund on the free battery the gauntlets come with, meaning 7-1+3=9 total?))

"Alright, thanks. I might just do that..."

Go see the Doctor, who I assume is in the medical wing, and inquire about something, preferably something external and not embedded, to increase resistance to hostile mental forces.
(You can't sell back the battery, but you can sell back the kit. As per the suit, that might not give full token, since it's been used, even if it's undamaged.)

You head to the infirmary and find the doctor poking away at a fleshy thing that was probably a man once. He turns to greet you with a far off look mumbled "hello". You tell him about your need for something to prevent "Mindrape" and he stares at you for a long moment. Then his respirator releases a burst of gas with a hiss and a low laugh echos from somewhere behind that metal face mask.

"Experiments. We will need to perform experiments." He nods vigorously. "Yes. Tell me when ready. We will begin."

He walks away, still nodding to himself. 

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 14, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »

Charge Teddy and stab him in the face.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 14, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »

Save the shell design for now, and explore a bit. Try the clinical area, see what cybernetics they do.

((Hey, that doctor sounds like the dude to go to for voluntary cybernetic enhancement. Even if it's not synth-flesh, just standard stuff.))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:18:44 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 14, 2012, 09:13:33 pm »

"Hey. HEY!" Faith said, catching up with the Doctor. "Wait no, I changed my mind, no experiments, okay?"

She was not leaving this lunatic with the notion that he needed to practice mindraping her at some point in the future. Unless they weren't harmful, like it seemed her current implants had been.

Fuck.

"...until you tell me more about what they would entail."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 14, 2012, 09:14:35 pm »

(What if I put thrusters on top of the power pack, so I would be mounted in place. If I combined that with the more resilient suits, would that work?))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #958 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:31 pm »

((How did that even happen? o_o Can you even cut things with a welder? Also... my dice luck is horrible in this game >.. ))

Ask any passerby to help with the inversely functioning welder. Maybe someone like ... Well, she didn't know any names.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:27:24 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:14 pm »

((How did that even happen? o_o Can you even cut things with a welder? Also... my dice luck is horrible in this game >.. ))
((If you roll handiwork: 1-1, I bet you may lose a limb, probably a hand.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 2101