_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922990 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #915 on: May 14, 2012, 02:34:16 pm »

Fire through the wall on the other side, then duck down.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 14, 2012, 02:35:19 pm »

EDIT: ((@Caellath I'd say one word: heat. We are yet to see if kinetic shunts can counter that, or if there is any similar device that could do that job. If there is, and the two can be used together... well, yes, their user is probably pretty much unstoppable (if only for a short amount of time). Still, I hope it is possible to overload those, with a megaton charge or something.))
((The armory master's modified Shunt can absorb thermal, kinetic and electric energy from what we have seen. I am thinking about deadly chemicals, acid substances and biological attacks.))
Edit: Even though it can even be immune against those as well. Maybe extreme pressure...
((I'd probably suggest adding radiation to the list, but unsure if that would work.
Hmmm. Oh! Let's ask Jim for that mindscrewing sound file when he safely returns from the mission. She listened to what Feyri said, after all, so mental/psychological warfare might work.))

Again?
If I don't exist, then does the world around exist too? Well, it might, but it would probably be not the world I was feeling since I was born - or, rather, 'feeling' and 'born'. And I don't have any other information feed apart from my 'life experiences' and my own mind.
Now, I don't exist really. That is painful, but I'll survive. Neither does the 'world around me' exist. Okay.
Then, if neither of those exist really, and I don't know a thing which really exists (God? Maybe, but He's part of that world that I seriously doubt in; moreover, He cannot be perceived at all, so let us leave him from the equation). But I 'feel' that the world exists, as well as I do (or, at least, felt that way just a moment ago, and I'm sure nothing has really changed around - well, yes, 'around').
So - by the duck principle - or, specificly, by Leibniz's Law of indiscernibility of identicals - as xenos filth I should care if the world around exists or not, for it is the only world I know to exist.
Problem solved. Again, dammit.

Hey, Steve, did you know that I got a degree in Philosophy before joining the service? Pays better than that all-crap history thing they tend to rewrite every hundred years or so.
((Do I need a roll here?  ;)
Also, I thought Milno exited the simulation - didn't he? Or I was too busy contemplating the reality of myself to notice?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 14, 2012, 02:41:10 pm »

((I'd probably suggest adding radiation to the list, but unsure if that would work.
Hmmm. Oh! Let's ask Jim for that mindscrewing sound file when he safely returns from the mission. She listened to what Feyri said, after all, so mental/psychological warfare might work.))
((I was considering it (mental warfare) because Jim almost fried himself in those gardens when he was affected by the "sleepy time" ground. But I bet she may have thought of anti-mindrape modules, since violating minds seems alarmingly common in the future.
As for radiation, nay. I hit the shunt with a nuke. Guess what happened.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 14, 2012, 03:07:51 pm »

((I was considering it (mental warfare) because Jim almost fried himself in those gardens when he was affected by the "sleepy time" ground. But I bet she may have thought of anti-mindrape modules, since violating minds seems alarmingly common in the future.
As for radiation, nay. I hit the shunt with a nuke. Guess what happened.))
((Oh...
Well, then I'd add gravity and/or time. Probably also warping the reality itself, possibly with the use of that 'puddle', but I seriously doubt we'd ever get our hands on a piece of that, not even in a simulation.
That leaves us... Sheer manpower. Those shunts and such must have a battery that could be depleted, or perhaps a small generator we could overload (which, however, might be extremely powerful - she can afford expensive things).
Actually, I'd also add the lack of air to breathe/depressurisation as well as stranding in open space to the list. Might be really tricky to pull off, but even if she had a full autonomous robotic body (seems she doesn't - more than that, perhaps her own human body/beauty is what she 'prides herself in'?) she'd have a nice time waiting for someone to find her.

Still, we really need to pit her against an Arbiter in a simulation and see how each of the two is to be dealt with.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 14, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »

@Nikitian:
Edit: Even though it can even be immune against those as well. Maybe extreme pressure...
((I have also not given up on extreme pressure. It is one of the most extreme and strangest options, but it may work if mixed with other things. Dunno, I think I need to get my head to meet a very hard surface one again. But so far, the chemical/biological options seem the simplest ones.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 14, 2012, 03:25:55 pm »

(Remind me again exactly WHY everyone is so obsessed with defeating the Armory Master? ???)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 14, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »

(Remind me again exactly WHY everyone is so obsessed with defeating the Armory Master? ???)
((The same reason why people want to destroy an Avatar of War. We are paranoid, and rightly so.))
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 14, 2012, 03:30:59 pm »

((I for one, like to have a plan to kill everyone I meet. You never know when they might go insane. Sorry Jim.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 14, 2012, 03:34:05 pm »

((I for one, like to have a plan to kill everyone I meet. You never know when they might go insane. Sorry Jim.))
((Exactly my point. We need to know how to kill every single thing that appears in front of us. Even though we probably won't need that so soon, I don't see a scenario where we may need to fight someone with a shunt or an analogue equipment too far over the horizon. Similarly, Battlesuit-class enemies are also likely to appear soon, and I do not want to be the one unprepared for that.
Fuck yeah. Paranoia.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 14, 2012, 03:51:38 pm »

((Just got an idea. Screw the Arbiter, he'll wait.
We need to see how the Armory Master would deal with another herself. Also, a lot of witty remarks ensuing.

And no, that's no paranoia. Just ol' plain 'forewarned is forearmed'.
Paranoia would be about, for example, checking the weapon you just received from the armory because that woman is definetly intent on killing you - as well as the AI is, who might've instructed her to give you fake weapons and malfunctioning suits. Or some of those morons who are envy of your tokens could talk her into sabotaging your weapon. You can never know. They're all after you!
See?  ;) ))
Past Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:15 pm »

Head to armory master. Ask about price of and required ammo for shock gauntlets.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 14, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »

((@Nikitian: You have no idea...  :P))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #927 on: May 14, 2012, 04:21:03 pm »

(NEW WEAPONS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE ARMORY!)

Create a metal blunt weapon, with two handles towards the end.

Code: [Select]
----------=--=- Perhaps something like this. Two handles towards the end.
When you say handles do you mean like separate pieces of metal to wrap your hands around, our just like wrapping the pole in cloth or something to create a better surface to grip it? Either way, you'll need to find the parts.

"Ugh. Rifle, I will return! Don't think you have seen the last of me."

Head to the armory. Find a manual for the laser rifle.
You head to the armory and ask the armory master for a manual for the laser rifle. She digs around under her desk for a minute before handing you a small, rather cheap looking paper booklet. On the front of the booklet is an anthropomorphized Laser rifle with a giant smile and army helmet flashing you a salute. The title reads "Mr. Zappy". You look at the armory master with a raised eyebrow and she shrugs back at you.

"It's army standard. You know how they are these days...or maybe you don't, stasis and all."

Elisaz stuffs the emergency kit in his coat. "Well, that's good. Bye cutie." Elisaz quickly limps back to the recreation room and hops in a VR.

Enter New Simulation:

Equipment: Early 1900s contemporary clothes, Winchester Rifle, 1911 High-powered Pistol, Machete

Enemies: Theodore Roosevelt

Enemy Equipment: Hunting Rifle, Semi-automatic Pistol, Bowie Knife

Position: Dueling distance.

You bid a hasty retreat and head back to the VR machine, loading up a new situation in Duel. You are placed up against a mildly portly man in glasses, wearing a pith helmet, tan safari ware and a fabulous mustache. He seems rather surprised to see you.

retry but with two me's. One working with me, holding a Tesla Saber, and the other against me with a Gauss rifle.
You restart the simulation.
[Con:6]
[evil clone con:5]
You both raise your rifles and fire as the tesla wielding clone charges at the evil clone. Your shots pass each other in midflight and both great spears strike home on respective foreheads, tearing through, catching the skull with their hooks and ripping the head clean off.

"TIE"

Basically, for the shunt to work you have to succeed on a uncon wep roll. 5's will absorb all the force (as you've seen in the VR machine) but less then that will only absorb the force partially. Thats why it's cheaper, because it's ability to protect you is rather random.
((Yeah, I got that much. Pretty c***blocking if the person using it is an ace with unconventional weaponry due to the +2 bonus it provides.))
Now you're using your head.
((Thank you very much. I fell on my head recently.))

Milno checks for some options of the most hazardous chemicals, acid or alkaline highly corrosive substances and biological plagues (taking special care in searching for some plague capable of destroying tissue after being released in only a few seconds or minutes and dying quickly after having nothing else to eat), taking note of the three best ones before leaving the VR and checking the room once again.
That +2 is actually only for the act of releasing the energy, the attack, not the defense. The defense is just a straight Uncon wep roll without bonus except inherent stat ones of the character.

There are plenty of different hazardously corrosive chemicals, most created via the mixing of components, and targeted at being most effective against specific targets, such as metal, plastic, rubber or flesh. The strength of the substance's effect is directly related to its cost. Fast acting plagues are apparently a rather touchy subject due to the ban on genetic manipulation, but there are lots of nerve gases and other such things. 

As per best, that would depend on price. If you want to pay 15 tokens for a barrel of Doomsday, a substance that liquifies organic matter on contact, then there's that. If you just want something that will kill with relative effectiveness there's nothing better then a 3 token barrel of nerve gas.

You exit the simulation and look around. That lady is still in the corner digging through trash, and some other guy is standing around looking very confused. Hmm.

Fire through the wall on the other side, then duck down.
[con:2+1] You fire and your shot clips the top of the enemy's cover, digging a short grove in the concrete but missing everyone. You duck back down as your allies fire their own volleys.
[ally 1:3]
[ally 2:6]
[enemy 1:1]
[enemy 2:2]
[enemy 3:4]
You listen as the shots go off, heavy thumps and the scream of high speed metal. One of your allies takes a round in the shoulder and practically loses his arm. He his screams mix with similar moans from across the way, though the enemy becomes quiet a moment later.

EDIT: ((@Caellath I'd say one word: heat. We are yet to see if kinetic shunts can counter that, or if there is any similar device that could do that job. If there is, and the two can be used together... well, yes, their user is probably pretty much unstoppable (if only for a short amount of time). Still, I hope it is possible to overload those, with a megaton charge or something.))
((The armory master's modified Shunt can absorb thermal, kinetic and electric energy from what we have seen. I am thinking about deadly chemicals, acid substances and biological attacks.))

Again?
If I don't exist, then does the world around exist too? Well, it might, but it would probably be not the world I was feeling since I was born - or, rather, 'feeling' and 'born'. And I don't have any other information feed apart from my 'life experiences' and my own mind.
Now, I don't exist really. That is painful, but I'll survive. Neither does the 'world around me' exist. Okay.
Then, if neither of those exist really, and I don't know a thing which really exists (God? Maybe, but He's part of that world that I seriously doubt in; moreover, He cannot be perceived at all, so let us leave him from the equation). But I 'feel' that the world exists, as well as I do (or, at least, felt that way just a moment ago, and I'm sure nothing has really changed around - well, yes, 'around').
So - by the duck principle - or, specificly, by Leibniz's Law of indiscernibility of identicals - as xenos filth I should care if the world around exists or not, for it is the only world I know to exist.
Problem solved. Again, dammit.

Hey, Steve, did you know that I got a degree in Philosophy before joining the service? Pays better than that all-crap history thing they tend to rewrite every hundred years or so.
((Do I need a roll here?  ;)
Also, I thought Milno exited the simulation - didn't he? Or I was too busy contemplating the reality of myself to notice?))
You attempt to convince yourself that you exist in order to get anything done. [will:5] You succeed on arguing with yourself that you exist and that believing otherwise is silly and dumb.

((Just got an idea. Screw the Arbiter, he'll wait.
We need to see how the Armory Master would deal with another herself. Also, a lot of witty remarks ensuing.

And no, that's no paranoia. Just ol' plain 'forewarned is forearmed'.
Paranoia would be about, for example, checking the weapon you just received from the armory because that woman is definetly intent on killing you - as well as the AI is, who might've instructed her to give you fake weapons and malfunctioning suits. Or some of those morons who are envy of your tokens could talk her into sabotaging your weapon. You can never know. They're all after you!
See?  ;) ))
Or that people are using Aux rolls to crack open your locker and steal your stuff. etc.

Head to armory master. Ask about price of and required ammo for shock gauntlets.
You head back to the armory and ask about the Crowd-wire Gloves.

"Ah,yeah, those are pretty nice huh? I can letcha have them for 7 tokens. As per batteries and tanks of solution, those will be 1 token each."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 14, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »

((Firing chambers on the gauss gun. I went back to it rather sudden. Sorry.))
Thomas takes the filaments and increases their number, but reduces their size. He takes them and makes the cylindrical drill bit conical, each one having one end on the drill and one end on a rod in the middle, like this

/|\
            / | \
           /  |  \
          /   |   \

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 14, 2012, 04:34:07 pm »

((Would a datapad allow Milno to browse and search for the substances he is after without needing to enter the VR? Or does it only allow for leaving, well, data?

Edit: Are the new weapons two conventional ones or are there more? I found the Crystalline Projector and the High energy projector.))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:36:32 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 2101