_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922874 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #900 on: May 14, 2012, 08:27:36 am »

"Well shit. Oh well, I was planning on buying more focusing chambers anyway. Now, what seems to be the problem?"

Figure out the problem.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 14, 2012, 10:29:40 am »

((That sounds logical)) Thomas creates a dril tip out of parrellel filaments the size of a quarter, and places it on the tip of the drill. He tests it on a Mark III, a Battle Suit and a concrete wall. Then, he tests the effect of additional firing chambers on accuracy and power, more specifically, could he pour more power from the backpack into it if he had more chambers?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:43:09 am by Spinal_Taper »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 14, 2012, 10:41:21 am »

Use left hand and fire rifle at a car's gas tank. Crawl away.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #903 on: May 14, 2012, 12:04:18 pm »

((I just read through some of the recent turns on the mission thread. More mindfucking goodness.))

Call up some test dummies to see how the out of sync firing circuts affects a 3-round burst.
The burst doesn't seem effected, nor does the single shot. The normal charged shot seems weaker though, and the superovercharge simply refuses to work.

so you basically want to take the thing you have, fit it with a giant pole instead, with most of that pole coming out the back until you use it, at which point it shoots out like a spear?
((Precisely. Oh, and it would return in place then, and shoot out again repeatedly, just like the swings of the previous version were repeated.))
As per a single use tip, what would happen that the thing would hit and then push the spike forward with all the force of the kinetic amplifier. Ie you could just extend the weapon quickly and fire the tip off or attempt to use it to pierce armor like a chisel and embed it there. Although the force will probably pretty much destroy the spike too.
((Also, how useful this improvised chisel would it be at improving the piercing capability of the weapon? Puncturing Mk II suits, to be specific?))
Alright, 8 foot pole it is. I feel advised to tell you that you will be getting negatives to dex with that. And don't try fighting in a confined space like a hall or something unless you want to be knocking your teammates in the head and wedging yourself in awkward positions.

oh, and Mk II's aren't gonna stand a chance either way.
((  8) *grin* Yeah, I'll find other weapons to fight with in a confined space. But, I guess, with enough time at hand and at least just enough space, it is possible to use it indoors? Such as patiently breaching the side wall of a 10-11 feet wide hall, with comrades standing safely away? ))
Test the weapon against a battlesuit. Estimate the cost of making it, as well as how strong a man has to be to wield such a monstrosity.
Then save & exit the simulation. Do some exercises (right beside the VR terminal) to speed up the muscle recovery. See who is around, and start socializing with them.

((@IronyOwl I suggest devising a standartised power generator - or a small number of those - with standartised plugs and such things. Looks like a few of us are going to use them around, and it might serve us a good job to make the power sources compatible.
@all I also once more propose to share our designs freely. No need to charge your own teammates for those, especially if Steve is willing to give some extra tokens for the inventions proven most useful. Fees for assembling devices might be a different story, but I would suggest alleviating them altogether too or at least making them small and reasonable - something like 1 token for every 10 tokens of the materials worth, rounding up.))
(yeah, if the hall is big enough you're fine.)
It's enough to do pretty good damage against a battle suit, not a one hit impalement or anything, but still pretty dang good. The force of the blow has increased to the point that there is a noticeable shock wave and air burst from using it, and thats where things get a bit tricky. The shockwave and expanding air put force on the pole, slowly bending it. After a dozen blows or so it's bent to the point that it won't retract completely. Further use only makes it worse.

You hop out of the vr machine and look around while attempting to touch your toes and jogging in place at the same time. It looks like there's a woman in the mess hall digging through garbage, but that may be a hallucination brought on by kneeing yourself in the head a moment ago.

"Well shit. Oh well, I was planning on buying more focusing chambers anyway. Now, what seems to be the problem?"

Figure out the problem.
[handiwork:1+1]
Uhhhh...well it looks like the confabulation isn't connected to the thing-a-majig, and this part here? The whatsit? Yeah, thats totally uhhh Backwards? Fuck, you have no idea.

((That sounds logical)) Thomas creates a dril tip out of parrellel filaments the size of a quarter, and places it on the tip of the drill. He tests it on a Mark III, a Battle Suit and a concrete wall. Then, he tests the effect of additional firing chambers on accuracy and power, more specifically, could he pour more power from the backpack into it if he had more chambers?
The drill with razor tip cuts nicely into the power armor in a spray of sparks but halts its advance almost instantly, before even getting to the kinetic amps. The funnel shape of the drill is stopping it from getting any further in because the drill on it's own isn't powerful enough to drill through the armor.

(also, firing chambers? On the drill? Or did you have a second project going that I completely forgot about)

Use left hand and fire rifle at a car's gas tank. Crawl away.
[Con:1+1] You shoot and miss entirely whist trying to crawl away.
[man 1:3]
The first man's shot clips you, but you keep on trucking
[man 2: OW MY FOOT]
[man 3: OW MY FOOT]
The second and third men seem a bit busy.
[man 4:6]
But the fourth's laser rifle beam slices right through your neck and for a few seconds you roll gayly about and then come to a rest, extremely dead.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 14, 2012, 12:09:01 pm »

"Steve, are the Avatar and the Kinetic Shunt the strongest versions of their cathegory of armor? I would like to know if there are stronger versions of that. So far the Shunt is way more effective than a battlesuit at soaking kinetic damage."
Milno checks the kinetic shunt for any weak spots. Then he leaves the VR Machine.

((How come the shunt is actually cheaper than a Battlesuit and absorbs an insane amount of energy the BS stands no chance against? I know it does not give bonuses to str and end, but still...))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:18:27 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 14, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

Turn down the difficulty. Load a random scenario with humans as enemies and in a city. Make sure I'm human too.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 14, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »

"ARGH. I WILL TAKE YOU- wait, already did that. I WON'T PUT YOU BACK TOGETHER."

Threaten rifle with death. Search for a manual.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 14, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »

Steve, is there a way to communicate with people in VRs without forcefully snapping them out of the simulation?
Continue doing exercises. See if someone has come around or exited the simulation and is available to talk to. Will the woman away (silently!), and if that doesn't work, greet her, and help in whatever she's doing.
Do I know her? Also, pity so many comrades are currently unavailable.

EDIT: ((@Caellath I'd say one word: heat. We are yet to see if kinetic shunts can counter that, or if there is any similar device that could do that job. If there is, and the two can be used together... well, yes, their user is probably pretty much unstoppable (if only for a short amount of time). Still, I hope it is possible to overload those, with a megaton charge or something.))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:46:41 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 14, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »

EDIT: ((@Caellath I'd say one word: heat. We are yet to see if kinetic shunts can counter that, or if there is any similar device that could do that job. If there is, and the two can be used together... well, yes, their user is probably pretty much unstoppable (if only for a short amount of time). Still, I hope it is possible to overload those, with a megaton charge or something.))
((The armory master's modified Shunt can absorb thermal, kinetic and electric energy from what we have seen. I am thinking about deadly chemicals, acid substances and biological attacks.))
Edit: Even though it can even be immune against those as well. Maybe extreme pressure...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:52:58 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #909 on: May 14, 2012, 01:53:23 pm »

"Steve, are the Avatar and the Kinetic Shunt the strongest versions of their cathegory of armor? I would like to know if there are stronger versions of that. So far the Shunt is way more effective than a battlesuit at soaking kinetic damage."
Milno checks the kinetic shunt for any weak spots. Then he leaves the VR Machine.

((How come the shunt is actually cheaper than a Battlesuit and absorbs an insane amount of energy the BS stands no chance against? I know it does not give bonuses to str and end, but still...))

>The shunt isn't a passive defense like the armor, it requires input to function and has a battery. Trade offs.

Basically, for the shunt to work you have to succeed on a uncon wep roll. 5's will absorb all the force (as you've seen in the VR machine) but less then that will only absorb the force partially. Thats why it's cheaper, because it's ability to protect you is rather random.

Turn down the difficulty. Load a random scenario with humans as enemies and in a city. Make sure I'm human too.
You turn down the difficulty and try again. This time it places you, along with 2 allied humans, one one office building roof top and 3 human enemies on the other, everyone being armed with gauss rifles. The top of each building has a very thick concrete lip which you can hide behind for cover. You and your allies immediately duck behind the lip as your foes do the same.

"ARGH. I WILL TAKE YOU- wait, already did that. I WON'T PUT YOU BACK TOGETHER."

Threaten rifle with death. Search for a manual.
You threaten to kill the rifle and eat it's capacitors to gain its power. The rifle seems unimpressed. You look for a manual for the rifle in the general area around you. Nope, nothing like that here. Maybe the armory master has one.

Steve, is there a way to communicate with people in VRs without forcefully snapping them out of the simulation?
Continue doing exercises. See if someone has come around or exited the simulation and is available to talk to. Will the woman away (silently!), and if that doesn't work, greet her, and help in whatever she's doing.
Do I know her? Also, pity so many comrades are currently unavailable.

>I suppose your could send messages in Morse code by bashing them in the head.
No one else has come by so you attempt to will the strange woman out of existence. [will:1] You succeed on convincing yourself that you do not exist. Thats gonna make things difficult. 

((The armory master's modified Shunt can absorb thermal, kinetic and electric energy from what we have seen. I am thinking about deadly chemicals, acid substances and biological attacks.))
Edit: Even though it can even be immune against those as well. Maybe extreme pressure...
Now you're using your head.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #910 on: May 14, 2012, 02:12:12 pm »

Create a metal blunt weapon, with two handles towards the end.

Code: [Select]
----------=--=- Perhaps something like this. Two handles towards the end.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 14, 2012, 02:15:58 pm »

"Ugh. Rifle, I will return! Don't think you have seen the last of me."

Head to the armory. Find a manual for the laser rifle.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 14, 2012, 02:20:37 pm »

Elisaz stuffs the emergency kit in his coat. "Well, that's good. Bye cutie." Elisaz quickly limps back to the recreation room and hops in a VR.

Enter New Simulation:

Equipment: Early 1900s contemporary clothes, Winchester Rifle, 1911 High-powered Pistol, Machete

Enemies: Theodore Roosevelt

Enemy Equipment: Hunting Rifle, Semi-automatic Pistol, Bowie Knife

Position: Dueling distance.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 14, 2012, 02:28:03 pm »

retry but with two me's. One working with me, holding a Tesla Saber, and the other against me with a Gauss rifle.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 14, 2012, 02:29:30 pm »

Basically, for the shunt to work you have to succeed on a uncon wep roll. 5's will absorb all the force (as you've seen in the VR machine) but less then that will only absorb the force partially. Thats why it's cheaper, because it's ability to protect you is rather random.
((Yeah, I got that much. Pretty c***blocking if the person using it is an ace with unconventional weaponry due to the +2 bonus it provides.))
Now you're using your head.
((Thank you very much. I fell on my head recently.))

Milno checks for some options of the most hazardous chemicals, acid or alkaline highly corrosive substances and biological plagues (taking special care in searching for some plague capable of destroying tissue after being released in only a few seconds or minutes and dying quickly after having nothing else to eat), taking note of the three best ones before leaving the VR and checking the room once again.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:23:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 2101