_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923224 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #885 on: May 13, 2012, 08:21:04 pm »

((What just happened? Did he get the Emergency Kit and tell her the magical stories of Disney World?))
((She just threatened him. Try and guess what she means by people doing stupid things and dying being like Elisaz.))

Edit:@IronyOwl: Steve may end up finding a "Mindrape Module", labeled "Have a fun time being mindraped, now with six different types of mindrape focii!" You never know.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:25:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 13, 2012, 08:27:38 pm »

Edit:@IronyOwl: Steve may end up finding a "Mindrape Module", labeled "Have a fun time being mindraped, now with six different types of mindrape focii!" You never know.
((Oh, I don't doubt he has mindrape collars and such, I'm just wondering how far he'll take the snark.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 13, 2012, 08:35:04 pm »

((Oh, I don't doubt he has mindrape collars and such, I'm just wondering how far he'll take the snark.))
((Wouldn't the collars let him do something like that?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 13, 2012, 08:41:45 pm »

((...Well did I get the Emergency Kit at least?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #889 on: May 13, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

How thick are these poles?,
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:10:09 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 13, 2012, 10:07:07 pm »

so you basically want to take the thing you have, fit it with a giant pole instead, with most of that pole coming out the back until you use it, at which point it shoots out like a spear?
((Precisely. Oh, and it would return in place then, and shoot out again repeatedly, just like the swings of the previous version were repeated.))
As per a single use tip, what would happen that the thing would hit and then push the spike forward with all the force of the kinetic amplifier. Ie you could just extend the weapon quickly and fire the tip off or attempt to use it to pierce armor like a chisel and embed it there. Although the force will probably pretty much destroy the spike too.
((Also, how useful this improvised chisel would it be at improving the piercing capability of the weapon? Puncturing Mk II suits, to be specific?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 13, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »

((Is it possible to buy off new inventions from our Techies once we get back; for future missions or settle for a trade with them?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #892 on: May 14, 2012, 01:08:05 am »

((Is it possible to buy off new inventions from our Techies once we get back; for future missions or settle for a trade with them?))
I have no problem with it, you have to ask them.

so you basically want to take the thing you have, fit it with a giant pole instead, with most of that pole coming out the back until you use it, at which point it shoots out like a spear?
((Precisely. Oh, and it would return in place then, and shoot out again repeatedly, just like the swings of the previous version were repeated.))
As per a single use tip, what would happen that the thing would hit and then push the spike forward with all the force of the kinetic amplifier. Ie you could just extend the weapon quickly and fire the tip off or attempt to use it to pierce armor like a chisel and embed it there. Although the force will probably pretty much destroy the spike too.
((Also, how useful this improvised chisel would it be at improving the piercing capability of the weapon? Puncturing Mk II suits, to be specific?))
Alright, 8 foot pole it is. I feel advised to tell you that you will be getting negatives to dex with that. And don't try fighting in a confined space like a hall or something unless you want to be knocking your teammates in the head and wedging yourself in awkward positions.

oh, and Mk II's aren't gonna stand a chance either way.

How thick are these poles?,
How thick do you want'em, baby?

((...Well did I get the Emergency Kit at least?))
Yep.

Thomas saves the simulation, he just had an idea. He sets razors as the tip of the drill, parallel to each other, each is 1 cm long.
There's a small distance apart they have to be, otherwise they'll vibrate into each other, but assuming your drill tip is about as wide as a quarter or something, you can fit a few.

"Hey Steve, if I wanted a normal, energy-based weapon that didn't require expensive batteries, how would I go about that? Some kind of reactor or other expensive but unlimited power source instead, or rigging up the effect to be more efficient and thus use less power, or what? I'm specifically looking at the monoatomic razor and the las- I mean, tesla saber.

Also, do they have anything that improves mental resilience? Kind of like my new implants, but preferably external and focused on being mindraped instead of controlling internal impulses?"
>A generator is probably your best bet if you don't want to lower the power of the weapon.  As per anti-mindrape implants, You may want to talk to the Doctor. He always like tinkering with fleshy things.

((Ahahahaha. The worst part is that I expected it. This only makes me wonder how the hell can a shunt take so much power.))

"Steve, are the Avatar and the Kinetic Shunt the strongest versions of their cathegory of armor? I would like to know if there are stronger versions of that. So far the Shunt is way more effective than a battlesuit at soaking kinetic damage."
Milno scratches his chin, takes a LESHO Rifle and a MkIII suit, summons a Shunt and a platform very far away from it, flies to the platform and shoots the shunt from long range.
You summon a shunt and send it far far FAR away and then summon up a LESHO rifle for yourself. The massive rifle is taller then you and weighs probably as much. It's got a shoebox sized generator on either side of it and a large monitor serving as the scope. You lay down and set up the rifle, zooming in on the shunt that great distance away. You wait for the smart scope to like up the cross hair on the target and pull the trigger. Even on your stomach, with an exoskeleton, the kick of the rifle shoves you several inches backward. For a few seconds nothing happens, the rocket assisted shell just a glint in the distance. And then a new sun blooms in the distance. You wait for the fireball to subside-it takes a bit-and then zip over to the shunt. It's still there. You check the battery meter. Half full.

Re-try
You reset the simulation to exactly what it was before you fired your first shot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 14, 2012, 01:20:02 am »

Attempt to create an ammoless tesla saber with a generator. Examine cost of result.

Then compare tesla saber to shock gauntlets. What advantages does each have?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #894 on: May 14, 2012, 01:38:54 am »

Attempt to create an ammoless tesla saber with a generator. Examine cost of result.

A generator small enough to be fit on a sabre and not impede it's movement will be very expensive, however a backpack with a cord attached to the sabre might work and not be too expensive. But if you're wanting this as a non-lethal weapon then you're barking up the wrong tree. A tesla sabre is about as non-fatal as jamming a high voltage power line up your nose.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 14, 2012, 01:48:30 am »

Do a diving roll into the next cover, firing at one of the men.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 14, 2012, 01:58:53 am »

A generator small enough to be fit on a sabre and not impede it's movement will be very expensive, however a backpack with a cord attached to the sabre might work and not be too expensive. But if you're wanting this as a non-lethal weapon then you're barking up the wrong tree. A tesla sabre is about as non-fatal as jamming a high voltage power line up your nose.
((Oh I know that, I was more thinking along the lines of chopping things' legs off. But aside from the stunning vs burning a line through them part, how do they compare?

And, roughly how expensive is "very expensive" and "not too expensive?" 15 tokens vs 2? 10 vs 3? 8 vs 4?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #897 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:51 am »

Do a diving roll into the next cover, firing at one of the men.
[dex:1]
You attempt to do a diving roll out of cover, but end up simply hurling yourself face down onto the ground in plain view of absolutely everyone.
man 1:4
man 2:1
man 3:1
man 4:3
Man 1 nails you in the right leg with his Gauss rifle and blows it clean off. Man 2 and 3 successfully shoot themselves in the foot in unison. Man 4 severs your right hand with his laser rifle.
[End:4] OW OW OW OW OW OW OW and OW. Also, you're starting to feel dizzy, probably from all this blood loss. oh dear.

((Oh I know that, I was more thinking along the lines of chopping things' legs off. But aside from the stunning vs burning a line through them part, how do they compare?

And, roughly how expensive is "very expensive" and "not too expensive?" 15 tokens vs 2? 10 vs 3? 8 vs 4?))
Tesla sabre is gonna be sorter range, obviously, but it's effectiveness may vary. It's gonna have a hell of a lot more of a charge, so they're gonna feel it more, but metal bodies and electricity may behave oddly. Some may be completely grounded and not effected very much, others may smoke and explode.

As per cost difference...something like 10 to 15 vs 4 to 6.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:45:18 am by piecewise »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 14, 2012, 05:49:22 am »

((I just read through some of the recent turns on the mission thread. More mindfucking goodness.))

Call up some test dummies to see how the out of sync firing circuts affects a 3-round burst.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 14, 2012, 06:10:41 am »

Alright, 8 foot pole it is. I feel advised to tell you that you will be getting negatives to dex with that. And don't try fighting in a confined space like a hall or something unless you want to be knocking your teammates in the head and wedging yourself in awkward positions.

oh, and Mk II's aren't gonna stand a chance either way.
((  8) *grin* Yeah, I'll find other weapons to fight with in a confined space. But, I guess, with enough time at hand and at least just enough space, it is possible to use it indoors? Such as patiently breaching the side wall of a 10-11 feet wide hall, with comrades standing safely away? ))
Test the weapon against a battlesuit. Estimate the cost of making it, as well as how strong a man has to be to wield such a monstrosity.
Then save & exit the simulation. Do some exercises (right beside the VR terminal) to speed up the muscle recovery. See who is around, and start socializing with them.

((@IronyOwl I suggest devising a standartised power generator - or a small number of those - with standartised plugs and such things. Looks like a few of us are going to use them around, and it might serve us a good job to make the power sources compatible.
@all I also once more propose to share our designs freely. No need to charge your own teammates for those, especially if Steve is willing to give some extra tokens for the inventions proven most useful. Fees for assembling devices might be a different story, but I would suggest alleviating them altogether too or at least making them small and reasonable - something like 1 token for every 10 tokens of the materials worth, rounding up.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 2101