_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924248 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #870 on: May 13, 2012, 05:53:21 pm »

((Does this mean I don't have the Dex to use them properly?))

Faith tapped her chin thoughtfully, then wondered if it was safe to do that with these things. Well, it seemed fine so far.

The real problem was that they didn't really work against nonorganic targets. She supposed there wasn't as much need to nolethally take out a sentry drone, but so long as she was trying for not hurting anything, she might as well see what she could do about bringing back electronics in one piece as well.

"Hey Steve, are you watching in here too? If so, do you know how much these gloves cost?"

Look for anti-robotics weaponry of a disabling nature. Ask Steve if he's in here, and if so how much gloves cost.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 13, 2012, 06:02:07 pm »

Milno gets back into VR and summons both his project and a floating screen with a feed from the rec room to keep watch over it. He makes a copy of the piledriver and makes it as big as a MkIII suit wearer can handle safely, proceeding to try it on a battlesuit.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #872 on: May 13, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »

((Does this mean I don't have the Dex to use them properly?))

Faith tapped her chin thoughtfully, then wondered if it was safe to do that with these things. Well, it seemed fine so far.

The real problem was that they didn't really work against nonorganic targets. She supposed there wasn't as much need to nolethally take out a sentry drone, but so long as she was trying for not hurting anything, she might as well see what she could do about bringing back electronics in one piece as well.

"Hey Steve, are you watching in here too? If so, do you know how much these gloves cost?"

Look for anti-robotics weaponry of a disabling nature. Ask Steve if he's in here, and if so how much gloves cost.
(They're dex 15, so you just have enough.)

>Those? I dunno, they're not standard and the armory master has nothing on file for their price. You'd have to ask her. They're probably around 5 I would guess though.

And anti-robotic disabling things are a bit tricky. You have emp stuff, but a lot of robots and robotic systems will be shielded from that, as well as most electrical stuff. In terms of things that don't qualify as non lethal not simply because you don't finish the robot off (ie a rifle is non lethal to a robot if you just shoot its legs) you may want to consider computer viruses and the like or chemical weapons which corrode or damage metals.

Milno gets back into VR and summons both his project and a floating screen with a feed from the rec room to keep watch over it. He makes a copy of the piledriver and makes it as big as a MkIII suit wearer can handle safely, proceeding to try it on a battlesuit.
Where is the feed for that video going to come from? And when  you say "Safely handle" do you mean handle weight wise or effect of the kinetic amplifed blow-wise? Because you're already reaching the threshold for safety on that second one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 13, 2012, 06:11:21 pm »

((And they're unconventional, I would assume? Or exotic?))

Examine disabling computer virus delivery systems.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 13, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »

Milno enters the VR.

"Steve, could I get a feed from the rec room? I want to be properly paranoid and keep my body under surveillance."

He analyzes his project and searches for anything capable of dampening the feedback from the amps. Or maybe something for his armor to prevent the shockwave from tearing him apart, such as ablative extra armor. He also tries to create knuckles made of two amps, one in front of another, and punches a battlesuit to check the damage. If that would qualify as a death wish, try just poking it instead.

((I can see that theoretically, if I got my int and unconventional to a point high enough, a shunt could probably absorb the shockwave and impact from my piledriver. And both are unconventional, so it would be quite a combo.
Nah. I'll keep getting dex. I am not very fond of those things made for intelligent people.))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:24:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 13, 2012, 06:28:12 pm »

Elisaz exits the simulation and stretches. He got up, and slightly limped his way over to the Armory Master. "Hey shorty, can I get an Emergency Kit? It would come in handy when people get injured. Like they do all the time during missions. Or Disney World, because I worked there and people would do crazy stuff to get injured all the time. I had fun though, because at Disney World.."

Buy an Emergency Kit and then proceed to tell her entertaining stories about working at Disney World.

((If you watch the video, the narrator is whom Elisaz is directly based off of. His looks, voice, charm, etc. Though not personality.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 13, 2012, 06:32:40 pm »

Shoot through a car!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #877 on: May 13, 2012, 07:58:12 pm »

((And they're unconventional, I would assume? Or exotic?))

Examine disabling computer virus delivery systems.
There's nothing really like that specifically, though I suppose if you had a virus you could use anything capable of transmitting data to do it, assuming what you're transmitting to is receiving. If you have ideas though, feel free to voice em.

And yeah, unconventional. Exotic is reserved for stuff like Psychokinetic amps and gene therapies.

Milno enters the VR.

"Steve, could I get a feed from the rec room? I want to be properly paranoid and keep my body under surveillance."

He analyzes his project and searches for anything capable of dampening the feedback from the amps. Or maybe something for his armor to prevent the shockwave from tearing him apart, such as ablative extra armor. He also tries to create knuckles made of two amps, one in front of another, and punches a battlesuit to check the damage. If that would qualify as a death wish, try just poking it instead.

((I can see that theoretically, if I got my int and unconventional to a point high enough, a shunt could probably absorb the shockwave and impact from my piledriver. And both are unconventional, so it would be quite a combo.
Nah. I'll keep getting dex. I am not very fond of those things made for intelligent people.))
If you weren't in a pressurized suit the shockwave itself would be enough to kill you simply by damaging your internal organs, especially lungs. In your suit the shockwave will push/throw you away but won't actually do damage by slamming into you, because the act of being thrown away softens that some what. If you just completely root yourself in place you'll be hurt by the shockwave, but if you let yourself go cartwheeling, well that isn't very good now is it? Armor might help with not being hurt after being thrown, but it won't help you tank the blast. Plus, at higher levels of force, you're going to start getting noticeable heat and light, so you have blindness and burning to worry about.

(I should point out that kinetic amps aren't always perfect in their actions. Not all the force they generate goes directly into the target. A good deal of it is lost but...that's really kind of a good thing. For instance...)

You tap the battle suit with your double kinetic amps at roughly 50 newtons. Then 2500 newtons strikes the second kinetic amp, causing a release of 6,250,000 newtons or roughly 630,000 kg or 1,388,912 pounds of force. Thats about as much thrust as the F-1 rocket engines that powered the Apollo rocket's first stage. Even though a hell of a lot of that is lost, either into the air or as heat or light or just by failing to be converted upward by the kinetic amplifiers, you're still going to the moon.

Elisaz exits the simulation and stretches. He got up, and slightly limped his way over to the Armory Master. "Hey shorty, can I get an Emergency Kit? It would come in handy when people get injured. Like they do all the time during missions. Or Disney World, because I worked there and people would do crazy stuff to get injured all the time. I had fun though, because at Disney World.."

Buy an Emergency Kit and then proceed to tell her entertaining stories about working at Disney World.

((If you watch the video, the narrator is whom Elisaz is directly based off of. His looks, voice, charm, etc. Though not personality.))
You head to the armory and order an emergency kit.

"Hey shorty, can I get an Emergency Kit? It would come in handy when people get injured. Like they do all the time during missions. Or Disney World, because I worked there and people would do crazy stuff to get injured all the time. I had fun though, because at Disney World.."

"Oh? People doing crazy things that get them injured? You must have so much in common."

Shoot through a car!
[conwep:6]
[man 1:6]
[man 2:4]
[man 3:5]
[man 4:5]
You pop out of cover and fire a shot through the nearest car. The round tears straight through thin metal of the car and the fleshy target behind it in a spray of aluminum sheet metal and bloody pulp. Unfortunately the other 3 men have a similar idea as you and all fire into your hiding place, lances of invisible laser light slicing you apart as a gauss round cuts effortlessly through your chest.

Game over

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 13, 2012, 08:01:19 pm »

Re-try
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 13, 2012, 08:07:51 pm »

((Ahahahaha. The worst part is that I expected it. This only makes me wonder how the hell can a shunt take so much power.))

"Steve, are the Avatar and the Kinetic Shunt the strongest versions of their cathegory of armor? I would like to know if there are stronger versions of that. So far the Shunt is way more effective than a battlesuit at soaking kinetic damage."
Milno scratches his chin, takes a LESHO Rifle and a MkIII suit, summons a Shunt and a platform very far away from it, flies to the platform and shoots the shunt from long range.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 13, 2012, 08:13:56 pm »

"Hey Steve, if I wanted a normal, energy-based weapon that didn't require expensive batteries, how would I go about that? Some kind of reactor or other expensive but unlimited power source instead, or rigging up the effect to be more efficient and thus use less power, or what? I'm specifically looking at the monoatomic razor and the las- I mean, tesla saber.

Also, do they have anything that improves mental resilience? Kind of like my new implants, but preferably external and focused on being mindraped instead of controlling internal impulses?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 13, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »

preferably external and focused on being mindraped instead of controlling internal impulses?"
((So do you want Faith to be mindraped instead of controlling her impulses?  :P))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 13, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »

Thomas saves the simulation, he just had an idea. He sets razors as the tip of the drill, parallel to each other, each is 1 cm long.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 13, 2012, 08:19:13 pm »

((What just happened? Did he get the Emergency Kit and tell her the magical stories of Disney World?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 13, 2012, 08:19:59 pm »

preferably external and focused on being mindraped instead of controlling internal impulses?"
((So do you want Faith to be mindraped instead of controlling her impulses?  :P))
((You know what I meant. :x

Question is though, does Steve? -_-))
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 2101