_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924990 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #825 on: May 13, 2012, 12:39:28 am »

I don't have much idea of where a heavy elongated metal object can be liberated.

[go to place where I could find said object?]

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 13, 2012, 12:45:39 am »

Knock him down with a running clothesline and then finish him off by jumping in the air and landing on his head with my elbow.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 13, 2012, 12:54:47 am »

By the way, If any one has comments, criticisms, concerns or ideas regarding this RTD, don't be afraid to voice them.
((I love the statuses of this RTD for their well-chosen (if occasional) cultural references. Oh, and the game as a whole for GM's splendid sense of humour, but I've already mentioned it.  :) Also, yes, the way you manage with our actions is something to learn from, as well as your excellent sense of the game universe, its bits and physics of those - no specifying the formulae or the constants (except chosen very few), but we still can apply all of our common sense and knowledge of physics and get the reasonable results.))
Quickly nod and leave the armory.
As you wish, Ma'am.
Return to tinkering. Test the basic variant and the one with two feet long spike against the thicker plates of the battlesuit, as well as the Avatar of War and the ARSC.
((Looks like I mixed the 'range' bonus of the tesla sabre with the actual close combat roll modifier. As for this weapon stat modifier, does the point that (supposedly) one barely has to aim the strikes as it should punch through nearly anything have anything to do with accuracy, or only with roll results? By the way, to attack with a close combat weapon, both dex roll and uncon roll are done, right?))
Estimate the price of the expanded laser rifle (laser rifle fit to the cutting laser battery) and the pistol based on it. Try changing the configuration of that pistol by adding one more firing chamber and moving the whole barrel and the laser emitting part back along the hand&forearm (shortening the protruding forward part of it and making it back more of a pistol - utilizing the bullpup layot, something like this http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/ only with much less of it protruding from the back).
((@Caellath Would love to see that, my bets on the armory master winning, perhaps having lost the breath and/or getting a bit concerned. Unfortunately, my character cannot wish to start such a simulation, so we'll probably need someone else to do the job. Just make sure it gets broadcasted... or doesn't, if you care about her response.))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:56:19 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 13, 2012, 12:59:15 am »

((Since no one accepted my suggestion, how about pitting an Arbiter of Peace against the armory master and getting some virtual popcorn?))
((Oh shit, this I have to see.

Would Faith know about Arbiters?))

Faith frowned. "Al... right then, I guess I'll go do that."

Man, she is weird and mean, she thought to herself as she walked to the VR machines.

Enter VR, select Tinker. Look for nonlethal weaponry, especially shock weapons, and examine feasability of making some sort of disabling shock whip.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 13, 2012, 01:15:07 am »

((I think Faith would know about the Arbiters, since there are Magisters almost everywhere and Arbiters are their bodyguards. Milno would not recognize one of those, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:15 am »

((I think Faith would know about the Arbiters, since there are Magisters almost everywhere and Arbiters are their bodyguards. Milno would not know one of those, though.))

(( Correct. I assume every character that knows about the political/justice system of the world would know.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 13, 2012, 01:22:09 am »

((It is a good chance of checking how overpoweredpowerful? the armory master is. So far she is an Ace (yeah, the trope). She got the looks, she got the smarts and she can win without moving from her place.))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:29:49 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 13, 2012, 02:00:03 am »

((Urgh, I don't think she actually knows AM is such a hardass, though. Or would be particularly interested in seeing her battle a nightmare to the death.

Man, now I see why Milno hates her. :P

Also, these VR machines are all linked, and aside from a duel or something nobody's done anything collaborative with them. We need to organize Movie Night or Community Deathweapon Workshop or something in here. Maybe Pretend We're An Organized Team That Can Handle Dangerous Missions By Working Together Mode?))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 13, 2012, 02:04:50 am »

Go to a VR machine, have it scan my weapon then do a fight.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #834 on: May 13, 2012, 02:09:30 am »

((I hate the Thomas character whoever plays him needs to die in a hole. Other than that, it's fantastic.))
Thomas enters the battle program, and enters the data to fight The End from mgs3. Both wield mosin-nagant sniper rifles, and they duel inside a forest, surrounded by mountains.
The world fades and reforms into a forest, a rocky field of grass and moss laden ground covered by a canopy of thick, dark leaved trees. You're on your stomach with a rifle in your hands. You have the strangest feeling that someone is watching you.

You have a real death wish don't you? You could do that, but it would go very badly for you.
((I'll try something different.))

Milno tries to put an extra amp in front of the other and make the pummeling of the piledriver weaker to compensate in such a way so his body is not destroyed on his first attempt. He also tries the gauss cannon magnetic system, but without an amp.

((Since no one accepted my suggestion, how about pitting an Arbiter of Peace against the armory master and getting some virtual popcorn?))
The gauss cannon system rigged to the hammer works for exactly 3 oscillations before it tears free of it's casing and hurls itself off into the middle distance.

Out of curiosity, why are you doing this 2 amp thing when the result is going to be the same because you have to lower the force so you don't end up blowing the crap out of yourself?

I don't have much idea of where a heavy elongated metal object can be liberated.

[go to place where I could find said object?]
Try asking Steve the Computer about where to find one. Just say something aloud, he's always watching. Always.

Knock him down with a running clothesline and then finish him off by jumping in the air and landing on his head with my elbow.
[dex:4]
[strength:3]
You run at him and swing your arm around in an attempt to catch him in the throat but swing low and end up catching him in the chest. You bounce off each other and both go stumbling backwards.

((I think Faith would know about the Arbiters, since there are Magisters almost everywhere and Arbiters are their bodyguards. Milno would not recognize one of those, though.))
In reality Arbiters are so rare that they're basically boogie men. The sort of things people whisper about and fear but almost never see. Feel free to search some information about them on the computers. But yeah, you've probably all heard of them, but more through legend and rumor then anything solid.

((Oh shit, this I have to see.

Would Faith know about Arbiters?))

Faith frowned. "Al... right then, I guess I'll go do that."

Man, she is weird and mean, she thought to herself as she walked to the VR machines.

Enter VR, select Tinker. Look for nonlethal weaponry, especially shock weapons, and examine feasability of making some sort of disabling shock whip.
The list of non-lethal shock weaponry includes various things like shock batons, tasers and the like. The first things you see that you don't recognize it something called "Crowd-wire gloves".

By the way, If any one has comments, criticisms, concerns or ideas regarding this RTD, don't be afraid to voice them.
((I love the statuses of this RTD for their well-chosen (if occasional) cultural references. Oh, and the game as a whole for GM's splendid sense of humour, but I've already mentioned it.  :) Also, yes, the way you manage with our actions is something to learn from, as well as your excellent sense of the game universe, its bits and physics of those - no specifying the formulae or the constants (except chosen very few), but we still can apply all of our common sense and knowledge of physics and get the reasonable results.))
Quickly nod and leave the armory.
As you wish, Ma'am.
Return to tinkering. Test the basic variant and the one with two feet long spike against the thicker plates of the battlesuit, as well as the Avatar of War and the ARSC.
((Looks like I mixed the 'range' bonus of the tesla sabre with the actual close combat roll modifier. As for this weapon stat modifier, does the point that (supposedly) one barely has to aim the strikes as it should punch through nearly anything have anything to do with accuracy, or only with roll results? By the way, to attack with a close combat weapon, both dex roll and uncon roll are done, right?))
Estimate the price of the expanded laser rifle (laser rifle fit to the cutting laser battery) and the pistol based on it. Try changing the configuration of that pistol by adding one more firing chamber and moving the whole barrel and the laser emitting part back along the hand&forearm (shortening the protruding forward part of it and making it back more of a pistol - utilizing the bullpup layot, something like this http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/ only with much less of it protruding from the back).
((@Caellath Would love to see that, my bets on the armory master winning, perhaps having lost the breath and/or getting a bit concerned. Unfortunately, my character cannot wish to start such a simulation, so we'll probably need someone else to do the job. Just make sure it gets broadcasted... or doesn't, if you care about her response.))
You leave the armory and head back to the VR machines, selecting tinker.

The length of the spike isn't going to make too much of a difference without a change in weight. the spike is already about a foot and a half long at normal, so 2 feet won't change that much. It will make it a bit more damaging, just not majorly so. So yeah, it's still not going to bring down those things.

As per price of e-laser rifle...probably like 5-6 token. And shortening the pistol by putting the chambers farther back in the gun can help a bit, but only 5-6 inches worth of difference.

Go to a VR machine, have it scan my weapon then do a fight.
They can't really do that...But you do have the blueprint in the system already, you can just use that. So, what do you want to fight?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 13, 2012, 02:10:34 am »

A random scenario. And use the blueprint.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 13, 2012, 02:22:19 am »

Examine shock gauntlets.

Also see if the computer can simulate various living things, robots, etc, and if so what sort of library it has and how well it can emulate their behavior.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 13, 2012, 02:25:59 am »

Catch myself from falling, redirect the momentum to roll on top of Norris, and bite him in the neck.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 13, 2012, 05:23:27 am »

((ಠ_ಠ))
((No comment. It is just wonderful.))

In general, I'd say it's one of the most awesome things I've ever played in or read. It feels like it's got that perfect balance of "Oh god we are so screwed" and "Dying takes several failed rolls and/or a bad roll and a bad action" that it's horrible and savage, but not so much of a meatgrinder that having a character you like or that's complex or grows and develops is like having a bullet with a name and family.))
((Along with the fact that everyone is given equality as protagonists and we still get to do something [like RP] in a mission, determining it's fate.

The humor is phenomenal, the quality of writing and wordplay is deep enough for most to understand and learn new words. Common sense wins and acting your character is rewarded, mostly by own perception.

Meta is always poison and insulting others is always bad.

Speech is a dump-stat, generally seen...))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:26:48 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 13, 2012, 06:32:58 am »

Out of curiosity, why are you doing this 2 amp thing when the result is going to be the same because you have to lower the force so you don't end up blowing the crap out of yourself?
((I was trying to achieve a result close to the one using the gauss cannon magnetic system but without the spike being flung off the weapon. I thought something alike would happen, so I figured two amps could focus the strength in a point small enough on the enemy instead of part of the energy being used to destroy the weapon.))
and insulting others is always bad.
((I do not agree. :P))

Milno checks for the price of the piledriver's setting that damaged the battlesuit without making him somersault (common system+amp) and tries to hit first an arm joint of a battlesuit and then attack with an angle coming from the top and entering through any weak spot from the head/neck towards the center of the suit with said weapon. Afterwards, he tests the tesla sabre for the matter of comparison.
Finally, he uses the magnet to get the weapon to glue on a battlesuit and releases his arm, leaving the piledriver there and checking how much time it takes for the pummeling to break through all the armor plates.

((@GM: Could these tests be based on a [Dex:5] and [Unconventional:3+2] or higher roll if those are not that way already? Though I am already satisfied with the "pretty good" damage against the battlesuit.))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:58:07 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 2101