_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5822189 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #810 on: May 12, 2012, 09:43:19 pm »

Inform el medico about my situation.
((I smell gratuitous spanish incoming.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #811 on: May 12, 2012, 09:44:35 pm »

((You should go to a scent...nose..doctor..persony thing to get your tropic (trope-related?) senses checked up :P))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 12, 2012, 10:51:07 pm »

Estimate the price of the heavier-spiked weapon, then of the proportionally larger and thus heavier one (not too unwieldy); estimate the performance & maneuvrability (range bonus, that is) of the unchanged, heavy-spike and big versions of the weapon. After that, save & exit simulation and head to the armory.
Ehm, good day, Ma'am. I'll be quick, ask seven questions and leave as soon as possible, preferably without upsetting you.
Firstly, could you please not take offence at these questions, for they are born of both curiosity and respect?
Secondly, what is your name, Ma'am, for I find it quite impolite and improper to address you only by your position (and social status)?
Thirdly, *with bated breath* is it true that you've served in the 'Corps too, and for nearly three terms?
Fourthly, *from now on - with awe in voice* how did you manage a heroic feat like that?
Fifthly, *with a bit of sadness in voice* why did you quit in the end - or did you, really?
Sixthly, how did you end up as an Armory Master?
Seventhly, would you please accept my apologies for impropering you with these naive questions of mine?

IF I seem to upset her for any reason, or if she doesn't answer anything to the third question, shut up without finishing the rest of the questions, apologise and MOV OUTTA THERE quickly leave for the VRs. If, for some reason, this proceeds smoothly and she doesn't take offence and even answers some of the questions (namely the third, others are optional after all), thank her with clear reverence in voice and quickly leave for the VRs.
((Get popcorn, people  ;) - well, I hope you won't need it.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #813 on: May 12, 2012, 11:31:00 pm »

A box like thing will work.
((Ok?))
Milno starts to create the weapons in the simulation. One with the common magnetic setup, other with a gauss rifle's and a third with a gauss cannon magnetic system to move the kinetic-amplified spike. He checks the effect on walls of concrete, metal, and on a battlesuit.
After the first tests, he tries to put one amp in front of the preexisting to check if it can amplify the previously amplified effect. He repeats the same tests.

The standard system that comes with the hammer and the gauss rifle are roughly similar, though the hammer is a bit stronger. You probably don't want to use the gauss cannon system because...well the amounts of energy that will be being magnified here would probably make it a rather suicidal weapon. Or at least the kind of weapon where you punch some one and then get thrown 100 feet backwards by the shockwave. This is all assuming you're using the amp, of course.

With the the standard hammer power and no amp, the hammer is able to punch a nice crater in concrete, a fairly nice dent in a metal plate and what amounts to a scratch in the paint of the battle suit. With the amp and the standard magnetic drive, it performs as well as was previously mentioned (piercing/exploding the shit out of everything less then a battle suit and even doing some pretty good damage to the battle suit.). With the gauss cannon you're fairly certain it does even better, but you're too busy somersaulting backward to get a good look.

Take it back apart and put the parts somewhere safe, then go in to VR and break it apart and reassemble it again until I can do it flawlessly. I want this thing to be exactly what it is supposed to be, no less.
Uh, well, you can try that, but here's the thing. You already got a dynamic bonus to making it (+1 in your case) and you're not going to get anymore then that (that's already pretty dang good considering it can prevent 1's and 6's) . You can try to break it down and redo it if you really want, but you're going to have to do a few handiwork rolls to do so, this time without that dynamic bonus, and have the chance to lose pieces or ruin it all together.

It's a bit harsh but handiwork rolls would completely lose their meaning if you could just redo them infinitely till you get everything right. There are a few instances where you can redo freely (Painting or other modifications that are purely cosmetic) but otherwise things have to have consequences. I'll never just say "No you can not take it apart and try again" I'm just going to impose realistic constraints.

Just kick the shit out of Chuck with my good leg.
[Dex:2]
[chuck:5]
[chuck str:1]
You kick like some sort of enraged turtle who is stuck on his back and miss with every pathetic, spastic blow. Chuck on the other hand winds up and punches you straight in the forehead...and somehow you feel better then you did before he hit you? What the hell?

Inform el medico about my situation.
You tell the doctor about your rather foolish actions and he nods away as though such things were boringly common.
"Will drain organic waste. Then tissue rebuilding and steroids. Will be ready by next mission."
No sooner does he say this then he has a syringe in your neck. You're unconscious before you can be indignant and wake up later with a new series of scars running along your legs, arms, back and stomach. There is a rather large metal bracelet around your arm with visible vials of something dark blue poking out of it. A few minutes after waking up the bracelet stabs a needle into your arm and pumps some of the blue stuff in. Automated medicine. How...wonderful.

Estimate the price of the heavier-spiked weapon, then of the proportionally larger and thus heavier one (not too unwieldy); estimate the performance & maneuvrability (range bonus, that is) of the unchanged, heavy-spike and big versions of the weapon. After that, save & exit simulation and head to the armory.
Ehm, good day, Ma'am. I'll be quick, ask seven questions and leave as soon as possible, preferably without upsetting you.
Firstly, could you please not take offence at these questions, for they are born of both curiosity and respect?
Secondly, what is your name, Ma'am, for I find it quite impolite and improper to address you only by your position (and social status)?
Thirdly, *with bated breath* is it true that you've served in the 'Corps too, and for nearly three terms?
Fourthly, *from now on - with awe in voice* how did you manage a heroic feat like that?
Fifthly, *with a bit of sadness in voice* why did you quit in the end - or did you, really?
Sixthly, how did you end up as an Armory Master?
Seventhly, would you please accept my apologies for impropering you with these naive questions of mine?

IF I seem to upset her for any reason, or if she doesn't answer anything to the third question, shut up without finishing the rest of the questions, apologise and MOV OUTTA THERE quickly leave for the VRs. If, for some reason, this proceeds smoothly and she doesn't take offence and even answers some of the questions (namely the third, others are optional after all), thank her with clear reverence in voice and quickly leave for the VRs.
((Get popcorn, people  ;) - well, I hope you won't need it.))
The spike can be anything from 1 to 10 token more, depending on how heavy you want it. 10 would make it pretty much at the absolute threshold of useability weight wise though. As per larger, you could probably get it to be about..oh, 2 to 3 feet and still be usable, but you're really never going to get a "Range" bonus. I think short range, if I remember by own terms, is anything in 10 meters, so unless you want to make a 40 foot spike, you aren't getting anything but a short range.  As per maneuverability and performance...well, to be honest there won't really be a stat modifier here. It might change the effects of a low or high roll, but you're not gonna get a +1 to dex or something with a light vs a heavy weapon.

You exit the VR machine and head to the armory, walking up to the Armory Master with as much reverence and respect as you can muster in a walk. You stand before her counter at rigid attention, as though before a drill master, and wait for her to glace up at you.

"Ehm, good day, Ma'am. I'll be quick, ask seven questions and leave as soon as possible, preferably without upsetting you.
Firstly, could you please not take offence at these questions, for they are born of both curiosity and respect?"

She rests her head on one hand and raises an eyebrow.

"The fact that you're asking me not to take offense is a bit offensive in and of itself isn't it? Like saying "I know you're crazy and all, but try not to be so crazy for a moment. Well, whatever, get on with it."

You nod swiftly and then continue.

"Secondly, what is your name, Ma'am, for I find it quite impolite and improper to address you only by your position (and social status)?"

"I'll tell you that when you've actually been on a mission and seen some action, fan boy."

"Thirdly, is it true that you've served in the 'Corps too, and for nearly three terms?"

She sighs and tilts her head back. "Damn it, Steve, have you been talking about me again?"

>I'm shocked by such an accusation. You know I never kiss and tell.

She grunts and shakes her head but gives no indication that she might respond so you continue.

"Fourthly, how did you manage a heroic feat like that?"

"By being better then everyone else. There's no trick, I'm just that good."

"Fifthly, why did you quit in the end - or did you, really?"

"I was skewing the results." She says with a smirk.

"Sixthly, how did you end up as an Armory Master?"

"Steve asked me to. I know a lot about weapons and got nothing else to do."

"Seventhly, would you please accept my apologies for impropering you with these naive questions of mine?"

"Will it make you stop hovering here and drooling on my counter? If so then yes, everything is forgiven."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #814 on: May 12, 2012, 11:39:37 pm »

By the way, If any one has comments, criticisms, concerns or ideas regarding this RTD, don't be afraid to voice them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 12, 2012, 11:42:36 pm »

"Hm... well, do the VR machines have the data for all of these? I could probably sift around in there, if it's listed and not just, er, ask and receive.

And, maybe this is stupid, but would an electrified whip work? I was just thinking a stun baton would require getting in kind of close, and I... really don't know guns, but a whip wouldn't be too much different than a cord or IV tube or really long scalpel or something, right?"

She also blinks at the armory master's arrogant declaration.

"So... you just... did you do something prior to joining here? Like, special ops or something...?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 12, 2012, 11:43:54 pm »

By the way, If any one has comments, criticisms, concerns or ideas regarding this RTD, don't be afraid to voice them.
((ಠ_ಠ))

Milno tries to put an extra amp in front of the other. Lets see if it can square the square.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #817 on: May 12, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »

Wonder how much strength I will have after treatment.
If I can stand, go find an unemployed steel pole/girder/thick railing and place it in my [private stoarge area name].

[private storage area name] - on person - anywhere dangerous + somewhere that a sane person would generally think of as so; locker.

Locker. That sounds like a good place.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:12:21 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 12, 2012, 11:47:15 pm »

((Totally missed this somehow.

In general, I'd say it's one of the most awesome things I've ever played in or read. It feels like it's got that perfect balance of "Oh god we are so screwed" and "Dying takes several failed rolls and/or a bad roll and a bad action" that it's horrible and savage, but not so much of a meatgrinder that having a character you like or that's complex or grows and develops is like having a bullet with a name and family.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 12, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »

Look up several videos on how to assemble stuff then make the gun.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 12, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »

((I still keep this: ಠ_ಠ
I agree with Irony, to be fair. Ok, it is brutal, but you know that it also takes some stupidity, in-game bad luck and/or bad rolls to die. Actually, it gives a good sense of accomplishment, because when you lose an arm and a leg after two missions but then you look back and realize you were not totally mindf*cked and possessed by aliens nor lost almost your whole body, and you actually feel good about it, then I can say I am enjoying this RtD and I have no criticisms except that you should be chained to your computer and have no further need of sleep. Or food. Or any other basic human needs whatsoever.))
((@Scelly9: Try asking one of the techies directly.))
Edit:((@Skyrunner: Prepare for snark.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:58:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 13, 2012, 12:04:43 am »

Take this opportunity to jab index and middle finger into Chucks eyes.

(( Does Chuck still have Elisaz's leg?))

(( To be honest, I think you lucked out. That's actually a compliment to your skills. Most RTDs can't function without set turns or rounds where every character posts. You managed to avoid that problem while increasing speed abs quality of the game. So good job.

Except it needs more tigers.
-Elisaz
))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #822 on: May 13, 2012, 12:27:04 am »

"Hm... well, do the VR machines have the data for all of these? I could probably sift around in there, if it's listed and not just, er, ask and receive.

And, maybe this is stupid, but would an electrified whip work? I was just thinking a stun baton would require getting in kind of close, and I... really don't know guns, but a whip wouldn't be too much different than a cord or IV tube or really long scalpel or something, right?"

She also blinks at the armory master's arrogant declaration.

"So... you just... did you do something prior to joining here? Like, special ops or something...?"
"I worked at my father's bakery. I was good at that too. But yeah, VR should have anything you're looking for and I'm just gonna take that comment about a whip's closeness to a large scalpel as a bit of hilarious ignorance, not stupid arrogance."

Wonder how much strength I will have after treatment.
If I can stand, go find an unemployed steel pole/girder/thick railing and place it in my [private stoarge area name].

[private storage area name] - on person - anywhere dangerous + somewhere that a sane person would generally think of as so; locker.

Locker. That sounds like a good place.
You hop out of bed, immediately regret it, and then walk carefully to the hanger and your locker. Your MK II suit is already waiting for you inside, but there's nothing else in there. Maybe the ship has someplace to store spare materials...someplace you could just find a big chunk of metal to smack people with.

((ಠ_ಠ))

Milno tries to put an extra amp in front of the other. Lets see if it can square the square.
You have a real death wish don't you? You could do that, but it would go very badly for you.

Look up several videos on how to assemble stuff then make the gun.
You watch the video about weaponry. (Bonus: +1 to rolls when modifying or repairing weapons)
[Handiwork:6-1] You install the required circuitry and slot to attach a laser battery to your gauss rifle without a hitch.

Take this opportunity to jab index and middle finger into Chucks eyes.

(( Does Chuck still have Elisaz's leg?))

(( To be honest, I think you lucked out. That's actually a compliment to your skills. Most RTDs can't function without set turns or rounds where every character posts. You managed to avoid that problem while increasing speed abs quality of the game. So good job.

Except it needs more tigers.
-Elisaz
))
(he's still got your leg, yeah)
[dex:5]
[strength:3]
[chuck dex:4]
[end:1]
You jab your fingers up at chuck's eyes, recreating an ancient style known as Stooge-fu. Chuck attempts to dodge and only takes a glancing blow in one eye, but it's enough to send him sprawling backwards, holding his face and groaning in pain.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 13, 2012, 12:33:33 am »

((I hate the Thomas character whoever plays him needs to die in a hole. Other than that, it's fantastic.))
Thomas enters the battle program, and enters the data to fight The End from mgs3. Both wield mosin-nagant sniper rifles, and they duel inside a forest, surrounded by mountains.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 13, 2012, 12:35:40 am »

You have a real death wish don't you? You could do that, but it would go very badly for you.
((I'll try something different.))

Milno tries to put an extra amp in front of the other and make the pummeling of the piledriver weaker to compensate in such a way so his body is not destroyed on his first attempt. He also tries the gauss cannon magnetic system, but without an amp.

((Since no one accepted my suggestion, how about pitting an Arbiter of Peace against the armory master and getting some virtual popcorn?))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:37:49 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 2101