_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933314 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #765 on: May 11, 2012, 10:15:30 pm »

((Also:

((Pyro wins the big stick award. If it works.))

This isn't my only "Big Stick" idea. Nuclear Catapult using a highly modified Gauss Cannon and a kiloton, or, hell, a megaton charge? Oh yeah.

LESHO Rifle + Fusion Instigator? Also yeah.

Kinetic Shunt + any field manipulator? Detonate a big enough explosive, then use it to do, well, field manipulator things. Only MUCH more powerful. Imagine what you could do if you shunt a Megaton charge!

More?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:21:32 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »

(Sky, you do know fucking around with the Armory Master is a VERY BAD IDEA, right? Are you trying to get killed before even making five posts in the thread? :()
((No, I don't know. o_O I just jumped into the middle of the thread.))
((Do it in the VR. She won't mind, like what happened to me.

You'll feel despondent afterwards though.))

*Sees updates*

((Uh, heh. It looks like she can still incinerate objects, induce high kinetic pain and the third thing she asked me back in the VR.

And...don't mess with her in Ship RL!

:o "STRENGTH REDUCED TO 2"...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 11, 2012, 11:18:30 pm »

Milno looks over what he had recently purchased. Not bad...Having a barrel replacement for the gauss rifle was certainly pleasant; two of the three shots he dished out with one had been headshots, and the laser rifle's fast-draining battery did not help him face it under a most favorable light. Oh...and talking about batteries...

Milno takes the laser battery from his rifle and enters the infirmary. If either Gigantor has already woken up or the doctor has arrived, then he'll leave. If none has happened, he'll gently (Milno gently) hit her head with the battery until she wakes up and is able to tell her heartrending story to the doctor.
Note: But he'll try to avoid permanent brain damage.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:22:02 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #768 on: May 12, 2012, 01:47:41 am »

Enter New Scenario.

Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

Enemy: Chuck Norris.

Enemy Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

The world fades and reforms into something completely different, a carefully arranged arena of marble tiles  surrounded by  high red walls. A man is standing across the way, a man in robes with a slight beard and a serious look on his face. He bows to you.

"Alright, thanks. Am I good to go now?"

If so, return to armory master to inquire about nonlethal weaponry (tranquilizer darts, stun batons, field manipulators that knock targets unconcious, etc)

Also ask what that incident earlier was.

Enter New Scenario.

Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

Enemy: Chuck Norris.

Enemy Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

((VR is awesome. :P))
"Oh yes. Go, go."

You shrug and head back to the armory, passing milno has he drags a very skinny woman back toward the infirmary.
"Do you have some non-lethal weaponry?"
She starts laughing at you and then stops and tilts her head in confusion.
"Oh, you were serious? Um. We don't really have much of a demand for weapons that don't kill their target. But we might have something for dealing with riots on the ship...any preference about type?"

((Could I magnetically attach the monofilament? If so Thomas does.))
Uh, well that depends, do you want it to be vibrating so it can cut?

See what's over at the cafeteria.

((TCM, you have set yourself up for failure. I don't think even the Armory Master could win that fight.))
The cafeteria is an automated food machine with a menu board that doubles as the selection board. The selections are labeled using descriptive terms like "Meat 1" and "Meat 2".

Hmmm.
Try increasing the amplitude of the bit up to a few inches, if decreasing the frequency. Also estimate the price of it in tokens.
((Why is the target being pushed back? I mean, is it that strength is not adequate to start piercing the target (hopefully, the contact area is rather small), or is it that the kinetic ampliefier is somehow increasing the contact area?))
Try attaching the third firing chamber back to the expanded laser pistol. Test how big and unwieldy it gets that way.
((@Nikitian: You could try the solution I was thinking for the Piledriver. Try a magnetization system to get the weapon glued to the enemy and make all of the system easy to unclamp. So you can punch the enemy, the hydraulic hammer will glue to it if there is any metal, allowing the tip to pound with no mercy, and if you find yourself stuck you can always unclamp all of the equipment and leave it smashing the enemy's armor open.

Edit: Also ask about the price of your hydraulic weapon, since I want to make a similar one, but as big as possible to be wielded on the forearm (and possibly arm) of someone in a MkIII.))
((Well, I'll try it if it doesn't work this way. Also, yes, I'm probably also going for as big/powerful as possible, but first I need to get it working as intended. I have a couple more ideas, and hopefully one of them might work.))
((With all of your talk of Kinetic Amp drills and such, I had a very, very horrible idea.

Take a gauss slug. Attach Kinetic Amp on the front of it. I think where you see this is going. It would be horridly expensive, but it might also be horribly effective.

I want to work on it first, mind you, it is MY idea.))
((No problem. Also, yes, pretty much possible (and yes, terribly expensive and, I'm afraid, inefficient), just make sure to use the biggest and the most powerful gauss gun (or some other projectile weapon); personally, I'd suggest overpowering the gauss cannon, you know, to about 20-22 Strength required to wield/fire (possibly more if you're okay with using weapon mounts).
Perhaps the LESHO rifle was born this way, out of the same consideration. :- ) ))
Increasing the length of the "swing" seems to increase the force of the blow a good deal; you have a feeling that even longer swings might increase the force more. It's a bit tricky to get your punch and the oscillation of the spike to line up though. Maybe some sort of automated system?

The price of such a weapon is relatively low, something like 4-5 token. It's not a very complex machine, after all.

The pistol with the third focusing chamber attached is a bit hard to wield well, seeming more like a very small rifle then a very big handgun.

((Pyro wins the big stick award. If it works.))

"Three tokens? That seems alright. Now, time to fix the my rifle."

Exit VR and dissasemble Laser Rifle.
You exit the vr machine and grab your bag of crap and the rifle, carrying it over to one of the tables in the mess hall. [handiwork:- Wait.

I'm looking at your character sheet closely for the first time and I don't see any skills here. Did you forget to spend your points?

To the fighty part of the VR! With two reloads of my new ammo and a gauss rifle, of course.
What would you like to fight?

Milno looks over what he had recently purchased. Not bad...Having a barrel replacement for the gauss rifle was certainly pleasant; two of the three shots he dished out with one had been headshots, and the laser rifle's fast-draining battery did not help him face it under a most favorable light. Oh...and talking about batteries...

Milno takes the laser battery from his rifle and enters the infirmary. If either Gigantor has already woken up or the doctor has arrived, then he'll leave. If none has happened, he'll gently (Milno gently) hit her head with the battery until she wakes up and is able to tell her heartrending story to the doctor.
Note: But he'll try to avoid permanent brain damage.

You have no idea how much I want to roll you a strength roll and have you just crush her head in because you're clubbing her while still in your exoskeleton. But she's still awake so...yeah.

You shouldn't give me opportunities like that. Nothing good will come of it. Something funny might come of it though.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 12, 2012, 01:54:14 am »

((Would a slot in the top of the drill that the filament goes in, like a bayonet work for stabbing and pieercing purposes? If yeah, then that's the plan.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 12, 2012, 01:54:57 am »

"Um, maybe something that fires a grasping bolt at the target, that then latches on and shocks the target as much as is needed? Or just some sort of stun baton or cattle prod, maybe?

I guess it'd be nice if it could take out a wide range of targets, which is why I'm thinking electricity, but if there's another way I'd love to hear it."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 12, 2012, 02:03:19 am »

"Um, maybe something that fires a grasping bolt at the target, that then latches on and shocks the target as much as is needed? Or just some sort of stun baton or cattle prod, maybe?

I guess it'd be nice if it could take out a wide range of targets, which is why I'm thinking electricity, but if there's another way I'd love to hear it."

(I want an app amp for that. >.> Probably not happening, so instead could I possibly buy some sort of system like that for Jim and have it built in? :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 12, 2012, 02:05:16 am »

Wait patiently for Milno.

Argh, the meta is attacking!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 12, 2012, 02:05:58 am »

((Tazer knuckles sound very doable. Be the electric grappler eel! :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 12, 2012, 02:19:56 am »

(I'm thinking more like robo-Blanka. :3 Well actually tazers in the knuckles would be pretty sweet too, but I had to say it. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:14 am »

((Wait, the 'oscillation' and the swing are two different moves? I thought along the lines of 'the hammer strikes the bit, the bit swings out and strikes the target, then it swings back in (with the use of the spring or something more durable and powerful, if needed), ready to be hammered again'. ))
Take away the kinetic amplifier from the tip of the bit and sharpen the strinking end; attach that amplifier to the hammer inside the weapon so that it would increase the energy given to the bit.
Now, it is probably going to break quite often. All those cyborgs and robots and abominable Altered creatures with too much power in their manipulators might see it their duty to snap the striking part, just to the fun of denying the 'Corps comrades a good weapon.
Make the bit of a very durable and hard material (compare the cheaper and the more expensive ones), then allow it be detached and a spare one reattached in the field. Increase the length of the bit and its swing.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 12, 2012, 06:57:24 am »

Wait patiently for Milno.
((I already gave you the video about weapons. Just watch it. If you want me to build it, remember I also have a -1. But if your handiwork skill is 0 then you'll get a -2, by the way.))
You have no idea how much I want to roll you a strength roll and have you just crush her head in because you're clubbing her while still in your exoskeleton. But she's still awake so...yeah.

You shouldn't give me opportunities like that. Nothing good will come of it. Something funny might come of it though.
((I know you already, and I know the exo gives me enhanced strength. I thought about it for a moment, so that is why I added the "but he'll try to avoid permanent brain damage."
But ok, I'll try not to bash people's heads with my laser battery unless they ask for it. To wake them up I'll try poking them in the ribs without the suit's assistance, it always works.))

Milno heads to the rec room, goes to a VR Machine, enters Tinker and tries to create something similar to a forearm attached piledriver for exoskeleton users:
-He makes all of the weapon easy to clamp and unclamp around his armor's forearm, and introduces a magnetic and chemical adhesion system to the front of the weapon to make it glue to anything with the press of a button.
-He introduces a kinetic amp to the tip of one model and other the body of a different one, reinforcing the latter's bit, and test both for their effectivity.
-He fiddles with the system to allow both a "piledriver mode" and a "hammering mode", the first being the basic stuff, in which the metal rod moves all the way back and then launches forward with full speed; the second being much like an hydraulic hammer.
-He creates three more different models and replaces the hydraulics of two of them for a gauss rifle and gauss cannon system, fitting it to move the rod.
-He also adds a hatch on the bottomside of the weapon so it can open to allow his hand to slide through in case of need.
-And he tries the effects of all of those against concrete and metal walls, and a static Battlesuit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:52:43 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 12, 2012, 08:40:08 am »

Elisaz bows back before assuming a fighting stance.

Get ready to counter-attack. If Chuck Norris goes for a punch, counter with a block and then strike him in the head twice. If he kicks, grab the leg and smash it like Faith would do. Block and counter any other attacks. If he charges/tackles, sidestep and elbow him in the spine or back if the head as he passed.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 12, 2012, 09:40:00 am »

Get whatever, choke it down, and see if Steve's made those prototype parts yet, they'd probably end up in the armory, check there first.

((I probably won't be able to check on this or post much, I'm outta town for the weekend. Just giving you a heads-up.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:07:09 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 12, 2012, 09:41:30 am »

((Could I personally request anyone to make a modified Laser Rifle? Wait, probably when the mission ends and if I'm alive...))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 2101