_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931707 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #735 on: May 11, 2012, 06:41:39 pm »

Milno sighs. Well, this is not his business, but...
"You better exercise your mouth less and your legs more. You really should head to the infirmary; if you really want to die, then do it on the field, preferably after taking as many hits as possible."

Milno follows Empyrean to the infirmary and helps her only if she is unable to do it herself. He also hopes she is still able to do it so he can take care of his own stuff.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 11, 2012, 06:47:05 pm »

Thank you, Steve. Do I have to go and get it, or will it be available to take with me when I go on a mission or decide to hand it to someone to test?

Exit VR and look around the room for the first time in earnest.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 11, 2012, 06:47:13 pm »

Faith nodded and gulped.

"And I take it crazy mode will tend to result in, um, structural damage? What's a, uh, 'safe' amount of time, do you think?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 11, 2012, 07:00:28 pm »

Let's stop at the bit protruding about one foot from the hydraulic hammer, its thickness about one inch with the semi-sharpened (truncated cone-shaped end, really) tip bearing the kinetic amplifier.
Estimate the size, weight and overall handleability (for exoskeleton-wearer) of the ... hydraulic spear. Test it against a wall of reinforced concrete, a Mk II suit and a Battlesuit wearers.
Estimate the handleability of the expanded laser pistol, as well as its length. Then try adding two more firing chambers of the same size as the first two and see if its still a pistol an average person can wield one-handed without wearing an exoskeleton.

By the way, Steve, I heard one of the comrades - Bishop, if I recall correctly - had his weapon 'bought' by you. What was it? Ah, 'Willis Monofilament Bolo Launcher' (or 'Willis MBL' for short, I remember). So how soon would we be able to see its entry in the armory lists? (I do understand there's some ruckus going on there at the moment, but hopefully the Reverend Comrade, who currently holds the position of the Armory Master would find some time to update the lists soon - Magisters bless her.) Or is it still in the field testing? Oh...

((Fun fact: Even with most of her muscles burned, she is still stronger than some of the twig-armed men of our team.))
((Yeah, thanks for reminding.  :D ))
Damn, those muscles are still too dribble after the cryo tank! Perhaps a mission or two would turn me back in shape.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:23:19 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #739 on: May 11, 2012, 07:34:24 pm »

Empyrean lets out a sigh.

"It's you who doesn't understand... you geria ... "

She faints before she can finish.

(be dragged off be Milno if he will.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 11, 2012, 07:39:51 pm »

(be dragged off be Milno if he will.)
((ಠ_ಠ))
"I said more walking, less talking...Lemmings." *Sigh*
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #741 on: May 11, 2012, 07:43:20 pm »

Run towards doppleganger Elisaz. Punch in his co-ordinates with my Microwave Manipulator while getting my Kinetic Amplifier ready.

At this time, Elisaz realized he could face famous historical people or relive battles through this machine. He takes this as a note for later.
[Clone uncon:3+1]
[Elisaz uncon:6+1]
You run for your double, typing on your Field manipulator just as he does and readying yourself to unlease a hopefully crushing blow with your kinetic amplifier. Both of you finish your typing at the same time and the air around you both begins to distort with heat. The air in the suit begins to heat as well, becoming dry and burning almost instantly. You swing your fist back  as you close the distance to your clone and swing at his head as he swings at your stomach.
[clone:6]
[elisaz:5]
You both swing and you both connect. The game fades to a black screen showing the word "TIE".

"Well that's a shame. Folks, they don't want us messing with base components. Just going to put that out there" He puts a monatomic blade as the tip of the drill, then tests it out on a mark 3 and a battle suit. He then tries the same thing, but dosen't remove the amp this time.
A monoatomic filament on the tip of the drill eh? That might prove a bit hard, since the filaments need to be stretched over a space, not touching anything, to work. You could mount a little one on the tip, but it would have to be held by brackets that are slightly farther forward then it, so you'd be contacting with those first.

Milno sighs. Well, this is not his business, but...
"You better exercise your mouth less and your legs more. You really should head to the infirmary; if you really want to die, then do it on the field, preferably after taking as many hits as possible."

Milno follows Empyrean to the infirmary and helps her only if she is unable to do it herself. He also hopes she is still able to do it so he can take care of his own stuff.
Gigantor Empyrean looks a bit stunned by having her muscles melted so you help her to the infirmary, mostly dragging her along. You throw her in a bed and walk away without bothering to tell anyone what happened.

Thank you, Steve. Do I have to go and get it, or will it be available to take with me when I go on a mission or decide to hand it to someone to test?

Exit VR and look around the room for the first time in earnest.
You exit the VR machine and look around. You're in a very large room, half of which is taken up by the cafeteria, the other half being a rec room. You, along with the VR machines, Tv, ping pong tables, sparring ring and various ratty looking pc's are in the rec room side.

Faith nodded and gulped.

"And I take it crazy mode will tend to result in, um, structural damage? What's a, uh, 'safe' amount of time, do you think?"
"Thirty seconds broke arm and tore muscle. Would not recommend above 1 minute."

Let's stop at the bit protruding about one foot from the hydraulic hammer, its thickness about one inch with the semi-sharpened (truncated cone-shaped end, really) tip bearing the kinetic amplifier.
 toEstimate the size, weight and overall handleability (for exoskeleton-wearer) of the ... hydraulic spear. Test it against a wall of reinforced concrete, a Mk II suit and a Battlesuit wearers.
Estimate the handleability of the expanded laser pistol, as well as its length. Then try adding two more firing chambers of the same size as the first two and see if its still a pistol an average person can wield one-handed without wearing an exoskeleton.[/b]
By the way, Steve, I heard one of the comrades - Bishop, if I recall correctly - had his weapon 'bought' by you. What was it? Ah, 'Willis Monofilament Bolo Launcher' (or 'Willis MBL' for short, I remember). So how soon would we be able to see its entry in the armory lists? (I do understand there's some ruckus going on there at the moment, but hopefully the Reverend Comrade, who currently holds the position of the Armory Master would find some time to update the lists soon - Magisters bless her.) Or is it still in the field testing? Oh...

((Fun fact: Even with most of her muscles burned, she is still stronger than some of the twig-armed men of our team.))
((Yeah, thanks for reminding.  :D ))
Damn, those muscles are still too dribble after the cryo tank! Perhaps a mission or two would turn me back in shape.
The Hydraulic hammer is about the size of your forearm with the spike itself extending to about 5 inches beyond your hand when you have it closed into a fist. The immediate problem you see, if it is a problem at all, is that the whole powerful but relatively minor oscillation of the spike seems not to be being used very well. Most of the force of the impacts comes just from your arm driving the spike into something. In order to really see the effects of the hammer you need to lightly press it against the target and then activate the hammer. And even in those cases you only get the effects of a single oscillation because the target is pushed back.

Adding chambers the size of ones that already exist won't help. You need longer chambers to focus more, the ones of similar size will just keep the laser focused in the same way, no better, no worse.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 11, 2012, 07:45:26 pm »

Enter New Scenario.

Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

Enemy: Chuck Norris.

Enemy Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 11, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »

"Alright, thanks. Am I good to go now?"

If so, return to armory master to inquire about nonlethal weaponry (tranquilizer darts, stun batons, field manipulators that knock targets unconcious, etc)

Also ask what that incident earlier was.

Enter New Scenario.

Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

Enemy: Chuck Norris.

Enemy Equipment: Kung-fu Robes.

((VR is awesome. :P))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:50:19 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 11, 2012, 07:47:43 pm »

See what's over at the cafeteria.

((TCM, you have set yourself up for failure. I don't think even the Armory Master could win that fight.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 11, 2012, 07:49:49 pm »

((Could I magnetically attach the monofilament? If so Thomas does.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2012, 07:52:34 pm »

((TCM, you have set yourself up for failure. I don't think even the Armory Master could win that fight.))
((Chuck Norris is still human, let's see what both the GM and the rolls have to say about that.))
((@Nikitian: You could try the solution I was thinking for the Piledriver. Try a magnetization system to get the weapon glued to the enemy and make all of the system easy to unclamp. So you can punch the enemy, the hydraulic hammer will glue to it if there is any metal, allowing the tip to pound with no mercy, and if you find yourself stuck you can always unclamp all of the equipment and leave it smashing the enemy's armor open.

Edit: Also ask about the price of your hydraulic weapon, since I want to make a similar one, but as big as possible to be wielded on the forearm (and possibly arm) of someone in a MkIII.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:57:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 11, 2012, 07:55:30 pm »

((I doubt it, I see Elisaz having a chance. Really, once you get past all the 'facts' made for fun on the Internet, he's not really a deity-level fighter. Based on his movies and shows, he's almost lost many times. In fact, in an episode of Texas Walker Ranger, he lost to an 8-foot tall man-bear. The only reason he survived is because he got help from an actual bear.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 11, 2012, 07:56:40 pm »

((With all of your talk of Kinetic Amp drills and such, I had a very, very horrible idea.

Take a gauss slug. Attach Kinetic Amp on the front of it. I think where you see this is going. It would be horridly expensive, but it might also be horribly effective.

I want to work on it first, mind you, it is MY idea.))

((I doubt it, I see Elisaz having a chance. Really, once you get past all the 'facts' made for fun on the Internet, he's not really a deity-level fighter. Based on his movies and shows, he's almost lost many times. In fact, in an episode of Texas Walker Ranger, he lost to an 8-foot tall man-bear. The only reason he survived is because he got help from an actual bear.))

((I was joking.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 11, 2012, 08:05:35 pm »

(( VR is serious biz, no jokes.))
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 2101