_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928865 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #675 on: May 11, 2012, 05:30:02 am »

Nobody even thanked the Armory Master. Oh, you people. :P))
((Her own ass was on the line and she did nothing else aside from her duty.))
((But...she just saved you all.

I'll never get this notion...))

Edit: Lucky Skyrunner  :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:33:12 am by Tiruin »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 11, 2012, 05:31:24 am »

3-round burst into the MkIII's chest at point blank. Thank god for the bullpup layout.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 11, 2012, 06:07:36 am »

The pulse laser with 1 generator and capacitor back (1 second firing, 5 second recharge) or the one with 6 gen/capas?
And refresh my memory about this laser pistol. The sawn off laser I remember, I don't remember whats Extended about it.
((The pulse laser with 1 generator and capacitor bank and, generally, spare gen/capas.
Hmmm, the one made from a laser rifle designed to withstand a cutting laser battery power source - afair, yes, it is lacking chambers 3 and 5, so it's probably 'the sawn-off laser' (sawn-off on the business end, unfortunately).
Looks like I'll need to compile the list of all my research projects. Hmmm, does anyone care to join the venture so that we could make something 'Tinker-spawned weapons and devices list'?))
Those guns are good, but we also need something to deal with... close combat, as well as the pesky barriers in our way.
Search the tinker simulation computer for a hydraulic hammer, scale it down for an exoskeleton-wearer to be able to wield it, and attach the kinetic amplifier to its tip. Test the weapon against a reinforced concrete wall and a battle-suit.
((@Spinal Taper I'll go for a simpler version of that - hopefully, you wouldn't be offended. If you would, I'll shut this branch of research down at once. :- ) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 11, 2012, 06:10:11 am »

Well, I guess 20 paces is a bit too close.

Back up,then throw the Kiloton charge at the Arbitrr of Peace.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 11, 2012, 06:42:25 am »

((@Spinal Taper I'll go for a simpler version of that - hopefully, you wouldn't be offended. If you would, I'll shut this branch of research down at once. :- ) ))
((I was thinking about creating a piledriver to be attached to one of my exo's arms and getting an amp on its tip, since it would probably work well against both large armored enemies and walls. I'll have to wait for the amp Jim owes me, though.

@GM: Of the 10-token cost of the heavy gauss cannon, are 3 only for the clip? Could I theoretically ask for a gauss cannon with AP rounds instead of standard ammo for the same 10 tokens and with the "classic" metal ones for 9?
How would be the stats for the AP and the Classic?
By the way, I am conscious that stats are not everything and that rolling a 3+2 with a gaus rifle and a 3+1 with a gauss cannon have very different effects. Especially if the target is heavily armored and  without any visible weak spots. That test Bolo Man performed convinced me about the importance about getting something that can kill a battlesuit-level opponent with a little more ease, instead of trying to get accurate shots at joints.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@TCM *cough**cough*
(It's proving difficult to find a good source of info about the strength of explosions and such. Where I was thinking I could just find a nice chart somewhere. Damn you google. So I'll be using this http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html until I can find something better. Unfortunately the smallest it goes is about 100kg.)
Using the chart provided by that link (with the input of a 1kT blast), the area of complete destruction of reinforced concrete buildings has the radius of 0.15 miles (approx. 240 meters).
I'm not even sure the duelling room has that much space.
*cough**cough*
@Caellath Yeah, the same idea here, just figured most other types of piledrivers would require to be set vertically to work.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 11, 2012, 07:00:08 am »

I don't think you can back up far enough and still be able to throw it at him without getting killed. It's a big ass bomb dude. You don't mess around with that stuff.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 11, 2012, 07:03:55 am »

I don't think you can back up far enough and still be able to throw it at him without getting killed. It's a big ass bomb dude. You don't mess around with that stuff.
((Yeah, making "sticky" versions of those may be a good alternative against very large enemies. I guess they can get glued to buildings, but not to most living things (or analogues). But as it stands, the best option would be dropping the charge, hoping not to die while flying away and then exploding the whole room.

@Nikitian: You could try adapting a gauss magnetic system to move the hydraulic hammer if the system is still too unwiedly even after scaling it down.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:14:03 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 11, 2012, 07:58:19 am »

"Well then. Hrmmm. Lets see what happens if I add more focusing chambers."

Call up three more focusing chambers. Add them one at a time, testing the rifle after adding each chamber.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 11, 2012, 08:57:11 am »

((Yeah a foot would be good. No, I don't mind if Nikitan uses my design.))
Thomas tests the drill on a M3 and a BS(battlesuit). Then, he asks Steve if he has any unclaimed tokens.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:01:02 am by Spinal_Taper »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #685 on: May 11, 2012, 12:27:01 pm »

3-round burst into the MkIII's chest at point blank. Thank god for the bullpup layout.
[con:4] You jerk your rifle up and fire a snap shot at the charging MK III. Your burst of gauss propelled rocket slugs tear through his shoulder and sever it entirely, but he doesn't stop.
[dex:5+1]
[mk dex:6]
[mk con:6]
You activate your rockets and hurl yourself backwards as the MK III swings his rifle down at you. Bits and pieces of the rifle crack and break as it smashes into the ground, while your rocket assisted backwards leap propels you directly into the warehouse wall and straight through it. [End:2] You smash and tumble across crates of goods and metal shelving, tearing one of your rocket pods off and snapping the metal bones in your right leg. You finally come to a rest as the rockets shut down automatically, and look up to see the other MK III, nothing but an upper torso and right arm gripping a laser rifle, hovering above you. He fires down and hits your good shoulder, severing your arm in a burst of acrid steam.

The pulse laser with 1 generator and capacitor back (1 second firing, 5 second recharge) or the one with 6 gen/capas?
And refresh my memory about this laser pistol. The sawn off laser I remember, I don't remember whats Extended about it.
((The pulse laser with 1 generator and capacitor bank and, generally, spare gen/capas.
Hmmm, the one made from a laser rifle designed to withstand a cutting laser battery power source - afair, yes, it is lacking chambers 3 and 5, so it's probably 'the sawn-off laser' (sawn-off on the business end, unfortunately).
Looks like I'll need to compile the list of all my research projects. Hmmm, does anyone care to join the venture so that we could make something 'Tinker-spawned weapons and devices list'?))
Those guns are good, but we also need something to deal with... close combat, as well as the pesky barriers in our way.
Search the tinker simulation computer for a hydraulic hammer, scale it down for an exoskeleton-wearer to be able to wield it, and attach the kinetic amplifier to its tip. Test the weapon against a reinforced concrete wall and a battle-suit.
A pulse laser with only that 1 generator and capacitor bank would just be like 4 token.

That extended sawn off laser would be...well, would need expanded circuitry, the attachment system from the cutting laser, a laser rifle to modify..so about 4-5.

A hydraulic hammer, at least the one I'm thinking of, may not be exactly what you're looking for, since real hydraulic hammers do their damage through a spike vibrating at high speed and being pressed down with a lot of force. I'm guessing you want something like the weapon shown here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujd9iK689Bg (at 1:23)
Rather then this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_WQj-ITjh0
Right?
I'm assuming you want what amounts to a massive, kinetically amplified "hidden blade" from assassin's creed sort of thing.

You want me to tell you what would happen there? You throw the charge and detonate it. You are extremely dead.

((I was thinking about creating a piledriver to be attached to one of my exo's arms and getting an amp on its tip, since it would probably work well against both large armored enemies and walls. I'll have to wait for the amp Jim owes me, though.

@GM: Of the 10-token cost of the heavy gauss cannon, are 3 only for the clip? Could I theoretically ask for a gauss cannon with AP rounds instead of standard ammo for the same 10 tokens and with the "classic" metal ones for 9?
How would be the stats for the AP and the Classic?
By the way, I am conscious that stats are not everything and that rolling a 3+2 with a gaus rifle and a 3+1 with a gauss cannon have very different effects. Especially if the target is heavily armored and  without any visible weak spots. That test Bolo Man performed convinced me about the importance about getting something that can kill a battlesuit-level opponent with a little more ease, instead of trying to get accurate shots at joints.))
The magazines for standard weapons are gratis, mostly so people don't bone themselves by buying a super weapon with no ammo. However that does mean that, if the normal magazine costs 2, you can ask for one that costs 3 and get it for only 1...if that makes sense.

As per the "stats" of the standard (assuming non-nuclear) shells vs ap, AP would be better against armored targets the standard and standard would be better against unarmored targets. Though when it comes to a gauss cannon that just means the difference between blowing a big hole in them and removing their upper half entirely.

"Well then. Hrmmm. Lets see what happens if I add more focusing chambers."

Call up three more focusing chambers. Add them one at a time, testing the rifle after adding each chamber.
The extra focusing chambers allow the laser to not only to fire effectively over longer distances, but focus the beam to the point that it can do more damage with the same settings. It does mean the rifle is about 5 feet long though.

((Yeah a foot would be good. No, I don't mind if Nikitan uses my design.))
Thomas tests the drill on a M3 and a BS(battlesuit). Then, he asks Steve if he has any unclaimed tokens.
The drill acts more like a giant fist, knocking people away rather then actually drilling into them. Of course thats more then enough to kill the MK III, as a hydraulically powered, kineticly amplified punch straight to the sternum is an awful lot like just taking a gauss round to the gut.  The Battle suit on the other hand, while being knocked back and stumbling a few feet, the plate armor protects it.

And you have 6 tokens.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 11, 2012, 12:55:21 pm »

((Which base is PyroDesu using? Is it a rifle or a cannon? Just in case I decide to design something myself and use the weapon I am about to buy.

Edit: And what happens if I roll [1-1+2] (worst possible roll with the power tools) when replacing the barrels? Does the equipment break, explode in my face, do my pants slip down to my knees? Since it goes to 2, do I just fail?))

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:59:24 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 11, 2012, 01:04:41 pm »

"Steve? How much would a focusing chamber for a laser rifle be?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 11, 2012, 01:45:43 pm »

Sharp tip, blunt end, maybe? Then maybe the end can have a thorn(fish hook) like pieces around the sharp end. Goes in deep and latches itself there.
the only issue I can think of is aerodynamics, which could cut it into a close range gun. I would personally prefer it closer to the mid range so I can have time to switch from the gun to a Tesla Ark or to the Tesla Saber.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #689 on: May 11, 2012, 01:51:27 pm »

"So...what does this thing do, and what's it named?"

Empyrean opened the box and looked.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 2101