_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929077 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #630 on: May 10, 2012, 03:28:55 pm »

>That kit is about 3 token, unless the Armory master changed it.
((We knew it! We knew it! The Armory Master position is more than just a shop assistant!))
Estimate the price and weight of the pulse laser gun (as it is at the moment), as well as the price of a charging circuit and a capacitor bank.
Estimate the price in tokens of the extended laser pistol (modified for a cutting laser battery).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 10, 2012, 03:48:59 pm »

(Question: Is Jim the only character who is not in some way, shape, or form, a psycho? Milno's cracking, Feyri is yandere, Faith has a berserk button, Ivan's a team-killer, Elisaz is some kind of creepy sex pervert like McCaulay Culkin, Empyrea has some weird weapon = security blanket thing, and pretty much everyone else is obsessed with making bigger boards with bigger nails until they build a big enough board with a big enough nail that they destroy themselves.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #632 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:48 pm »

"Obviously, because I have yet to find a nice weapon in this pl- Ah, an armory! Sounds swell. "

She strides purposefully to the armory.
You follow the signs to the armory and find a small counter set into the wall manned by a rather bored though very attractive looking young woman who is idly flipping through a magazine.

Equipment: Camouflaged Mk III Suit, 3 Kiloton Charges, Kinetic Amplifier, Microwave Field Manipulator

Enemies: The Supreme Magistrate with his/her Bodyguards ((Or any equivalent))

Enemy Equipment: The standard issue the Supreme Magistrate and Bodyguard has during regular hours.

Location: The Palace ((or any equivalent)) of the Supreme Magistrate.

Current Status: Undetected.

((Piecewise, how closely does the mythology of this game relate to actual history? Like Elisaz was singing about the Soviet Union, so I assume it's fairly close?))
(It's the same, we're just so far in the future that everything from now-a-days is ancient history. Him singing about the soviet union would be like you singing about Sumerians.)
Oh, and there is no such thing as a "Supreme Magistar". The Magistars are basically just the rulers of solar systems that are all connected in one big delegation, like a senate or house of parliament or United nations. They don't have a leader, per say, though any magistar is gonna be quite heavily guarded and powerful since he's basically the ruler of a whole series of planets. As per their guards...well...they're called Arbiters of Peace. Before you try fighting to the Magistar, you wanna just try fighting one Arbiter of Peace? I can totally put you in the situation you want but...just a heads up that I don't see it lasting long.

Crouch/crawl/whatever a few meters so that I'm in a different position, and fire again, aiming for the cyborg's torso.
You crouch run to a new position. A position away from the flying concrete columns. You stop, take a breath and pop out, aiming carefully toward the glowing heat signature in the other building. 
[Con wep:6]
[Cyborg con wep:6]
[Mk A:6]
[Mk B:2]
You fire a burst and time seems to slow as the rockets scream down toward their target, striking him in the chest and blowing off chunks of synthetic flesh and exposing the armored brain canister beneath. One of the rockets goes wild and strikes the ground, raising a haze of dust which obscures the cyborg's position as he fires on you. His gauss round tears through your left shoulder and disables that arm, knocking you back and to the ground. 

Milno checks if he can, whilst replacing or adapting only one or two major parts, create a 3 chamber revolving system with multiple coils and more than one generator (in such a way that when one slug is in the barrel the next shots are already being charged) to achieve a higher rate of fire, strengthening the structure of the rifle if necessary. If it works, he checks for the price and for how easy it would be to convert a common gauss rifle.

"How easy is it to swap from one kit to another? How many minutes in the field?"

He also checks if he can create a specific set of tools to make it easier for him to disassemble, modify and reassemble any existing gauss weaponry in the armory and the tesla sabre. If he can, he checks for the price and if it is an one-shot kit.
You realize that you don't need revolving barrels to increase the rate of fire, simply adding the extra charging circuits and having them work parallel to one another would be enough. As per how much that would cost, depends on how fast you want it to fire. It's a bout a second and a half between shots now, one circuit can reduce that to .75, 3 to .5, etc.

>Depends how competant you are, I suppose. (handiwork roll determines the speed)

And as per the specialty tools, what did you have in mind? Just a set of tools presized for all the parts and stuff or powered tools as opposed to normal ones?

That idea isnt dead yet. Shrink the rods a bit. maybe by 25% most. also, see if i can force them to take on a positive charge when they leave the chamber.
Just out of curiosity, are you trying to make the dead space javelin gun?

>That kit is about 3 token, unless the Armory master changed it.
((We knew it! We knew it! The Armory Master position is more than just a shop assistant!))
Estimate the price and weight of the pulse laser gun (as it is at the moment), as well as the price of a charging circuit and a capacitor bank.
Estimate the price in tokens of the extended laser pistol (modified for a cutting laser battery).

The pulse laser with 1 generator and capacitor back (1 second firing, 5 second recharge) or the one with 6 gen/capas?
And refresh my memory about this laser pistol. The sawn off laser I remember, I don't remember whats Extended about it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #633 on: May 10, 2012, 03:54:47 pm »

Empyrean stalks up to the counter and smacks her hands down on it.

"Hi, can I have a Steyr AMR please? Thanks."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 10, 2012, 03:57:21 pm »

Steady the rifle on the edge of the ridge, then fire a SO-Shot straight to the brain case.

(SO=Super-Overcharged)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 10, 2012, 04:00:07 pm »

Not at all. havent even had the luxury to play it. I am tring to make a way to direct tesla arks.

EDIT: but after looking it up. . . . I would like that.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #636 on: May 10, 2012, 04:06:18 pm »

Empyrean stalks up to the counter and smacks her hands down on it.

"Hi, can I have a Steyr AMR please? Thanks."
The armory master looks at you and then taps the board behind her that displays the available goods and their prices. (check the armory section here(http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.0))

Steady the rifle on the edge of the ridge, then fire a SO-Shot straight to the brain case.

(SO=Super-Overcharged)
[Con wep:6]
You rest the rifle on the edge of the ridge around the top of the building, aim and fire. The recoil of the super-overcharged shot fired with only one hand succeeds on bowling you over backwards, but judging by the metal tearing, wet explosion that comes an instant later, you're fairly certain you hit your mark.

Not at all. havent even had the luxury to play it. I am tring to make a way to direct tesla arks.

Tesla arks for the tesla floods? :P

If you want to direct the electricity you probably want to use some sort of cable, like the wires on a tazer prong. Just using a lightning rod will only work if there is literally nothing else metal between that rod and the gun. Thats why they always have lightning rods be the highest thing on the building they're protecting, after all.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 10, 2012, 04:08:40 pm »

1-You realize that you don't need revolving barrels to increase the rate of fire, simply adding the extra charging circuits and having them work parallel to one another would be enough. As per how much that would cost, depends on how fast you want it to fire. It's a bout a second and a half between shots now, one circuit can reduce that to .75, 3 to .5, etc.

2-And as per the specialty tools, what did you have in mind? Just a set of tools presized for all the parts and stuff or powered tools as opposed to normal ones?
((1- Just one extra circuit. It has the best cost/benefit setting. I don't want to turn the gauss rifle into a hulking freudian compensator.

2- Both a set of tools presized for all the parts and the powered tools would be good, so I could compare prices between both sets of tools.
I just want to tinker with the existing weapons, and be able to assemble those kits faster and not fail while introducing extra circuits to a gauss rifle, so nothing too big.
But as for the melee weapons, I guess I'll heavily modify the sabre later.))

((Directing Tesla arcs with something like a lightining rod? That is actually pretty interesting in my opinion.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 10, 2012, 04:09:18 pm »

Equipment: Camouflaged Mk III Suit, 3 Kiloton Charges, Kinetic Amplifier, Microwave Field Manipulator

Enemy Equipment: The standard issue the Supreme Magistrate and Bodyguard has during regular hours.

((Piecewise, how closely does the mythology of this game relate to actual history? Like Elisaz was singing about the Soviet Union, so I assume it's fairly close?))
(It's the same, we're just so far in the future that everything from now-a-days is ancient history. Him singing about the soviet union would be like you singing about Sumerians.)
Oh, and there is no such thing as a "Supreme Magistar". The Magistars are basically just the rulers of solar systems that are all connected in one big delegation, like a senate or house of parliament or United nations. They don't have a leader, per say, though any magistar is gonna be quite heavily guarded and powerful since he's basically the ruler of a whole series of planets. As per their guards...well...they're called Arbiters of Peace. Before you try fighting to the Magistar, you wanna just try fighting one Arbiter of Peace? I can totally put you in the situation you want but...just a heads up that I don't see it lasting long. 

((I thought that would be the case for history.))

Enemies: An Arbiter of Peace.

Enemy Equipment: The standard issue items of a Arbiter of Peace.

Current Status: Duel-ready.

(( Elisaz has battled, and possibly beaten, Magistrate and Arbiters of Peace before. Though obviously never 1-on-1.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 10, 2012, 04:15:00 pm »

Move to a different position, remaining in the cover, and open fire on the MkIIIs, a single overcharged shot towards each, steadying my rifle on the edge each time.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 10, 2012, 04:19:17 pm »

Thomas changes most of the backpack into a battery, with about 4 gauss cannon generators within it. He creates a drill with a kinetic amplifier on the end, with the engine hooked up to the drill. He then tests all the functionalitys of the cannon and the drill on a Mark III and battlesuit each.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 10, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »

"Well. Now that I know what the dials do, I can try and fix the rifle I have now."

Explode the laser rifle and study the construction.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 10, 2012, 05:34:41 pm »

If you want to direct the electricity you probably want to use some sort of cable, like the wires on a tazer prong. Just using a lightning rod will only work if there is literally nothing else metal between that rod and the gun. Thats why they always have lightning rods be the highest thing on the building they're protecting, after all.
I wanted it to be a close/mid range weapon so that its not to much  a problem. and then i was going to later work it with the tesla sward.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #643 on: May 10, 2012, 06:34:43 pm »

1-You realize that you don't need revolving barrels to increase the rate of fire, simply adding the extra charging circuits and having them work parallel to one another would be enough. As per how much that would cost, depends on how fast you want it to fire. It's a bout a second and a half between shots now, one circuit can reduce that to .75, 3 to .5, etc.

2-And as per the specialty tools, what did you have in mind? Just a set of tools presized for all the parts and stuff or powered tools as opposed to normal ones?
((1- Just one extra circuit. It has the best cost/benefit setting. I don't want to turn the gauss rifle into a hulking freudian compensator.

2- Both a set of tools presized for all the parts and the powered tools would be good, so I could compare prices between both sets of tools.
I just want to tinker with the existing weapons, and be able to assemble those kits faster and not fail while introducing extra circuits to a gauss rifle, so nothing too big.
But as for the melee weapons, I guess I'll heavily modify the sabre later.))

((Directing Tesla arcs with something like a lightining rod? That is actually pretty interesting in my opinion.))
1 extra circuit will only cost 1 token.
As per those tools, they can let you have a bonus to changing the things out faster, but not to making the "Permanent" modifications. It's not so much the tools that make modifying the gun a challenge as it is the technical knowledge.

((I thought that would be the case for history.))

Enemies: An Arbiter of Peace.

Enemy Equipment: The standard issue items of a Arbiter of Peace.

Current Status: Duel-ready.

(( Elisaz has battled, and possibly beaten, Magistrate and Arbiters of Peace before. Though obviously never 1-on-1.))
One last thing, and this is important. How far away from you is the Arbiter.

Move to a different position, remaining in the cover, and open fire on the MkIIIs, a single overcharged shot towards each, steadying my rifle on the edge each time.
You change positions again, crawling a dozen feet before popping up and looking for the MK III's where they used to be. They're not there anymore. Your thermal vision shows a pair of heat trails heading off in different directions.

Thomas changes most of the backpack into a battery, with about 4 gauss cannon generators within it. He creates a drill with a kinetic amplifier on the end, with the engine hooked up to the drill. He then tests all the functionalitys of the cannon and the drill on a Mark III and battlesuit each.
Ok, that battery backpack will work fine, provide a lot of power, and not over power the gun. Your spike gun and laser shotgun are both still effective against mk III's, even better now that you can hold the laser trigger down and use it as a horrible cone heat ray. The spikes won't work against the battlesuit, but the laser, assuming you can keep it focused on the thing, will slowly do damage.

As per that drill...well no, your drill cannot pierce the heavens in this case. See, kinetic amps, at least the part that does the whole force multiplication part is a metal square about the size of a postage stamp. Attached to the point of the drill like that they would multiply the forward force (like if you jabbed it forward) but not any of the drilling force. I'd be the same as just attaching one to the end of a pole and jabbing them with that.

"Well. Now that I know what the dials do, I can try and fix the rifle I have now."

Explode the laser rifle and study the construction.
Seems like a fairly simply design. The power supply, the batteries, clips in back here, provide power to this machine here which actually creates the laser, and then the laser passes through these 5 focusing chambers that make up the barrel.

I wanted it to be a close/mid range weapon so that its not to much  a problem. and then i was going to later work it with the tesla sward.
Well, if you really want to try that rod, it's going to have to be thick enough not to snap, balanced enough to fly straight and have some way of embedding itself in the target without just tearing right through them.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 10, 2012, 06:44:54 pm »

"We settle this like true duelists!"

The distance between Elisaz and the Arbiter shall be 20 paces in each direction.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 2101