_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932122 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #525 on: May 09, 2012, 09:12:51 pm »

((My paranoia demands me to ask for outside opinions. Should I play the strange sound files, given the recent mind screw activity lately?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 09, 2012, 09:13:56 pm »

Modify program to include weapons for myself.

(( Hey Geen, how sexy is your characters?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 09, 2012, 09:14:34 pm »

Go look around for people. "Anyone know how to build crap?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 09, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »

((You got it pretty much.))
Thomas he created a different type of bullet, this one is made of steel, with a depleted uranium tip. He then created a smaller version of the bullet, one sized for a spring-loaded cartridge that would fit into the same slot as the bolt action styled bullets. He tested his larger bullet on a Mark III, then a battle suit. He then tested the mounted rifle and the cartridge based on a Mark III.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:54 pm »

Load up a combat simulator:

Equipment: MkIII Suit, EX RGH-KP Rifle (That's EXperimental Rocket/Gauss Hybrid - Kinetic Penetration Rifle), spare clip, Synth-Arms, Synth-Legs, CamEyes, and Neurophotonic Spinal Column
Enemy: 2 MkIII Suits with Laser Rifles, Full-conversion Cyborg with Gauss Rifle, Kinetic Amps in hands
Field: Urban Street

Spawn Locations:
Me: Office Building, roof (3rd floor) overlooking street
MkIII Suits: Street Level, in cover behind civilian cars
Cyborg: 2nd floor window of building across the street

Activate X-ray on the Cameyes, aim and fire overcharge shot at the Cyborg, then a three-round burst towards each MkIII.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 09, 2012, 09:44:11 pm »

Hmmm.
Try overcharging the circuit to produce a more powerful pulse. Also try using several (2, 4 and 6) circuits routed for simultaneous charging. Use the expanded laser rifle design if the power input is too strong.

((I take it those are still 2 per 1 token? Also, roughly speaking, how long is a single 'round' ('turn'?) of battle? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #531 on: May 09, 2012, 10:21:08 pm »

Modify program to include weapons for myself.

(( Hey Geen, how sexy is your characters?))
You press pause and grumble about how little girls cheat.

What kind of weapon do you need to beat a little girl?

((You got it pretty much.))
Thomas he created a different type of bullet, this one is made of steel, with a depleted uranium tip. He then created a smaller version of the bullet, one sized for a spring-loaded cartridge that would fit into the same slot as the bolt action styled bullets. He tested his larger bullet on a Mark III, then a battle suit. He then tested the mounted rifle and the cartridge based on a Mark III.
The larger and smaller bullets have equally Impaley-teary-throughy effects on the MK III, while plinking off the battle suit. The laser rifle, set to a shotgun like mode, melts the MK III a good bit with one shot and causes the whole front plate to slough off with a second.

Load up a combat simulator:

Equipment: MkIII Suit, EX RGH-KP Rifle (That's EXperimental Rocket/Gauss Hybrid - Kinetic Penetration Rifle), spare clip, Synth-Arms, Synth-Legs, CamEyes, and Neurophotonic Spinal Column
Enemy: 2 MkIII Suits with Laser Rifles, Full-conversion Cyborg with Gauss Rifle, Kinetic Amps in hands
Field: Urban Street

Spawn Locations:
Me: Office Building, roof (3rd floor) overlooking street
MkIII Suits: Street Level, in cover behind civilian cars
Cyborg: 2nd floor window of building across the street

Activate X-ray on the Cameyes, aim and fire overcharge shot at the Cyborg, then a three-round burst towards each MkIII.
(You could have just said a full body synthflesh prosthetic, it has all that.)

You activate your cameyes and everything becomes monochrome, the cyborg and MK III's all as light as their surroundings.  You flip the switch on your rifle to overcharge and take aim at the Cyborg, letting off a single powerful shot.
[Conwep:5]
[Dex:3]
Your shot impacts dead center in his right eye and blows away half his head as he leaps and disappears behind one of the concrete pillars dotting the room. You shift your aim toward the MK IIIs.
[Conwep:5]
[MK A:6]
[MK B:5]
You fire just as they do, aiming toward MK A's chest, the black smoke of the rockets billowing in thin streams behind them as they impact his chest and tear straight through. His laser rifle sweeps upward as he falls, lancing across your shoulder and bringing forth a burst of white fluid and steam as the synthflesh is burnt through. MK B's shot burns a hole straight through your faceplate and sweeps across your face, your cam eyes bursting and melting as it does. The suit activates automatically and severs your damaged arm. Your secondary camera, this one dead center in your chest, activates and shows you a great view of the inside of your suit.

Hmmm.
Try overcharging the circuit to produce a more powerful pulse. Also try using several (2, 4 and 6) circuits routed for simultaneous charging. Use the expanded laser rifle design if the power input is too strong.

((I take it those are still 2 per 1 token? Also, roughly speaking, how long is a single 'round' ('turn'?) of battle? ))
Length of a round kinda depends on how much people ask to do in it. There's no set limit or anything. But they tend to be just a few seconds.

Overcharging the circuit is possible, though it would a bank of capacitors to store the energy and would require longer between pulses if you just have a single circuit/generator. You guess that if you had several generators all charging at once but each firing at a slightly different time you could keep the pulse going for several seconds before they had to stop and recharge.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #532 on: May 09, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

With the sound of crashing steel pans and what seems to be crunching glass, Empyrean struggles through a mess of cryopods and into a hall. The first thing she does is look for a large, heavy anti-matter rifle and by antimatter she does not mean it is made from antimatter. Heavy weaponary was always her forte, but it did land her in here. Unfortunate, but maybe this would be a good thing too.

"WHERE ARE YOU, STEYR AMR!"
she shouts in as powerful a voice she could muster, which sadly wasn't that loud. She proceeded to bump her head on the doorframe while exiting the cryoroomthingy.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 09, 2012, 10:37:28 pm »

Milno looked behind him and towards the hall. There was someone shouting out there; it seemed egocentric morons, psychos, silly mercenaries, tin men and serial rapists were not enough. Now they had someone yelling across the ship.

"Steve, does the Gauss rifle's equipment options have some kind of telescopic attachment to its barrel which may permit it to enhance its range when extended and get it back to its short-range loving self when retracted?"

Milno heads to the armory and buys a laser rifle.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:24:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 09, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »

"Steve, can you broadcast to everyone on this ship that I am willing to pay 2 credits to someone who is able to successfully make a rifle I designed?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 09, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »

Spoiler: Empyrea Cymac (click to show/hide)
((Welcome to the crew, Sky!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #536 on: May 09, 2012, 10:58:59 pm »

With the sound of crashing steel pans and what seems to be crunching glass, Empyrean struggles through a mess of cryopods and into a hall. The first thing she does is look for a large, heavy anti-matter rifle and by antimatter she does not mean it is made from antimatter. Heavy weaponary was always her forte, but it did land her in here. Unfortunate, but maybe this would be a good thing too.

"WHERE ARE YOU, STEYR AMR!"
she shouts in as powerful a voice she could muster, which sadly wasn't that loud. She proceeded to bump her head on the doorframe while exiting the cryoroomthingy.
You crash, bang and generally hulk your way out of the stasis pods and into the hall, crying out for something.

>Woah, slow down. Whats the matter, Gigantor?

Milno looked behind him and towards the hall. There was someone shouting out there; it seemed egocentric morons, psychos, silly mercenaries, tin men and serial rapists were not enough. Now they had someone yelling across the ship.

"Steve, does the Gauss rifle's equipment options have some kind of telescopic attachment to its barrel which may permit it to enhance its range when extended and get it back to its short-range loving self when retracted?"

Not really. Telescoping implies parts fitting into one another, which implies that some parts are bigger then others. A barrel that doesn't actually guide the bullet because it's too big isn't very helpful.

"Steve, can you broadcast to everyone on this ship that I am willing to pay 2 credits to someone who is able to successfully make a rifle I designed?"

>NOW HEAR THIS, NOW HEAR THIS, IVAN IS LOOKING FOR A CRAFTY TYPE TO WHORE OUT THEIR SERVICES SO THAT HE CAN IMPROVE HIS MASSIVE WEAPON IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 09, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »

Facepalming SO hard right now.

"Wow, Steve, thanks a lot"
Facepalm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 09, 2012, 11:11:49 pm »

Milno scratched his chin and ignored the lewd broadcast.
"How about something like a dettachable barrel extension? I wanted to check if there was something to enhance the Gauss rifle's medium range effectivity but could also be easily taken off to make it work like usual, better at short ranges.
I was also thinking that a telescopic extension for a Gauss rifle would include enough magnet systems to keep the bullet steady. But I am no technician."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »

Also, piecewise, you are the most hilarious RTD'r that has ever hosted a game.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 2101