_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5923860 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((What is the length of the barrel? And is the dependency between the length of the barrel (with all of its inside lenses and mechanisms) and the diffusion linear, or perhaps exponential? I'd like to calculate what part of it I could remove relatively safely without bothering you too much with retries.  :)
Also,
On the other side of the platform is the armory master, looking slightly younger and with longer hair. She's wearing some sort of bodysuit, it doesn't look like armor, it looks like some sort of interface suit or something, a black skintight thing covered in hundreds of circular, raised metal nodes. She doesn't seem to be holding a weapon.
black skintight thing
((Feyri is screwed. I mean it.

Do not question my reasoning. Everybody knows that women in black skintight bodysuits are deadly.))
Yeah. Hmmm, what colour is her hair? (asking here because we've already seen it, but not sure if it was ever mentioned) Because if it is lavish blonde, fiery red, midnight black or rich brown... well, you know... Caellath has already said everything, just double that if my guess is right.))
Test which parts of lasrifle need improvements to withstand that amount of energy.
Test the accuracy of the lightened (but not barrel-shortened) rifle, with and without the help of an exoskeleton.
Also, start making a small portable (no large than 3-5 cubic feet) power generator: search the computer for possible bigger variants that can be scaled down, or think and remember what kind of power generators is generally used and is overall cheap to run.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Eye color would also be an interesting point.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((What is the length of the barrel? And is the dependency between the length of the barrel (with all of its inside lenses and mechanisms) and the diffusion linear, or perhaps exponential? I'd like to calculate what part of it I could remove relatively safely without bothering you too much with retries.  :)
Also,
On the other side of the platform is the armory master, looking slightly younger and with longer hair. She's wearing some sort of bodysuit, it doesn't look like armor, it looks like some sort of interface suit or something, a black skintight thing covered in hundreds of circular, raised metal nodes. She doesn't seem to be holding a weapon.
black skintight thing
((Feyri is screwed. I mean it.

Do not question my reasoning. Everybody knows that women in black skintight bodysuits are deadly.))
Yeah. Hmmm, what colour is her hair? (asking here because we've already seen it, but not sure if it was ever mentioned) Because if it is lavish blonde, fiery red, midnight black or rich brown... well, you know... Caellath has already said everything, just double that if my guess is right.))
Test which parts of lasrifle need improvements to withstand that amount of energy.
Test the accuracy of the lightened (but not barrel-shortened) rifle, with and without the help of an exoskeleton.
Also, start making a small portable (no large than 3-5 cubic feet) power generator: search the computer for possible bigger variants that can be scaled down, or think and remember what kind of power generators is generally used and is overall cheap to run.

Overall length of the gun is about 2 and a half feet. It's not really linear or exponential. See, the barrel isn't uniformly filled with lenses and parts, certain chambers of it are longer then others. Overall though, it breaks down like this: Normal laser rifle has 10 levels of diffusion, 1 highest, 10 lowest. There are 5 chambers worth of focusing dodads in the barrel, with the first and second being quite compact but the fourth and fifth being rather long and the third being about in the middle. Each camber you remove lowers the diffusion upper limit by 2.

In order to increase the amount of power the laser rifle can handle it looks like you'll have to refit pretty much the entire electrical system, focusing arrays too if you're going to get the most out of the extra power. The body, depending on the parts you replace, can probably stay the same.

The lightened laser rifle fires just as well as a normal one, which makes sense since you only removed superfluous things.

You begin to work on a power generator when you realize that such things are already quite common and compact. Hell, your suit's power generator is the size of a paper back book. You could probably find something you're looking for easier by just searching the computer.

((Eye color would also be an interesting point.))
The armory master has black hair and green eyes. She's about 6 feet tall, relatively skinny build, hair pulled back.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:37:27 pm by piecewise »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

Hey, I'm thinking of joining, and I was wondering if any non-crazy recoil ballistic weaponry is available.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I'm thinking of joining, and I was wondering if any non-crazy recoil ballistic weaponry is available.
((All balistic weaponry seems to have crazy recoil, but you could try your hand at building one without recoil at the Tinker program by stuffing it with the right mechanisms. Alternatively, any suit above MkIII grants a strength bonus.
Also remember the crazy recoil only screws you if your strength is low. ))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

A lot of the strength requirements for normal guns come from the fact that they're just kinda heavy. Only a few have recoil that requires strength, mostly Gauss stuff. Laser weapons don't have recoil but more powerful ones will usually be heavier simply because of larger batteries, bigger focusing arrays etc.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Long black hair and beautiful green eyes? Now I do understand why virtually every male conscript wants to flirt with her. Oh, and yes, those alien bastards were screwed the moment she joined the 'Corps. Poor, poor alien bastards, I almost feel sorry for them.
Well, not really.
Also, you mean I can get a big pistol-sized variant of a laser rifle with all the same characteristics (well, maybe of a bit worse diffusion setting range) of the laser rifle? HALLELUJAH
I take it that by
Each camber you remove lowers the diffusion upper limit by 2.
you mean that it actually increases the diffusion lower limit (that is, the beam cannot possibly be focused that narrow as it used to be), am I right? Also, what is the strength requirement to operate the long-barreled laser pistol efficiently?))
Try to refit the electrical system of the lasrifle to accomodate the cutting laser battery. Also try to replace the arrays for better efficiency.
Search the computer for a portable power generator, then try fitting it to be used as power source for a laser rifle.

((Well, I might suggest you trying a lower-caliber high-powered gauss rifle - if I didn't mess up my math, it might work and has less recoil but adequate penetration. If you want, I can try to make it for you - I wanted to test something like that anyway.
There must be some other ways to make a non-crazy recoil ballistic weapon capable of inflicting damage upon the enemy, but I haven't figured out anything yet (recoil dampeners, hmmm? needs some consideration as well as research). Feel free to tinker to your heart's content, that's one of many things that make this game great.  ;) ))

EDIT: Oh, you reversed the order of diffusion levels. Yeah, now that makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:27:10 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Well Good Evening everyone, I hope all you shipboard recruits know that today is-

*Sees update*
 :o
 :-\
Um, happy duel festival day?

And I'm the one examining the Armory Master  :P))

Feyri was surprised upon seeing the woman before her. This wasn't any ordinary field, but what was to be expected in facing one of the main ship crew anyway?

She examines her weaponry and examines the Armory Master in detail.

Then, if she has her Tesla Sabre with her, turns it on, with the rightmost knob 180 degrees and begins the fight in earnest.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((I have a feeling that we are both about to die. God help us.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Feyri versus Armory Master should be recorded by Steve and broadcasted later for entertainment purposes.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Feyri versus Armory Master should be recorded by Steve and broadcasted later for entertainment purposes.))
((It's not like Steve records and knows everything about what goes on in his Ship, heh.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((He must be recording it, but it should be broadcasted. It is a matter of public interest, especially because of the master. She may be the key I have been looking for in the puzzle Milno has been trying to assemble.))
>Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The armoury master may have slightly more say in where videos of her (or her digital image) get broadcasted, who knows.))

Charro thinks very hard and tries to remember just what he was about to do.

((...Seriously. I know there was something I wanted to post in this thread, that's why I started typing, but I... Lost it. Derp.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Long black hair and beautiful green eyes? Now I do understand why virtually every male conscript wants to flirt with her. Oh, and yes, those alien bastards were screwed the moment she joined the 'Corps. Poor, poor alien bastards, I almost feel sorry for them.
Well, not really.
Also, you mean I can get a big pistol-sized variant of a laser rifle with all the same characteristics (well, maybe of a bit worse diffusion setting range) of the laser rifle? HALLELUJAH
I take it that by
Each camber you remove lowers the diffusion upper limit by 2.
you mean that it actually increases the diffusion lower limit (that is, the beam cannot possibly be focused that narrow as it used to be), am I right? Also, what is the strength requirement to operate the long-barreled laser pistol efficiently?))
Try to refit the electrical system of the lasrifle to accomodate the cutting laser battery. Also try to replace the arrays for better efficiency.
Search the computer for a portable power generator, then try fitting it to be used as power source for a laser rifle.

EDIT: Oh, you reversed the order of diffusion levels. Yeah, now that makes sense.
Well, since laser rifles have no strength requirement, a smaller one will have an even more non-existent one.

Refitting the laser rifle to use the cutting laser battery looks very possible, though it would require the rifle body to be expanded a bit, or to simply keep certain parts exposed. The arrays are a bit harder though, the lenses are larger then the current barrel. It would require a new barrel.

You search the computer a bit and find a power generator that looks like it will work. Using it as the laser's power source would be possible, but it would require some tweaking of the electrical system, and modification of the laser body to allow the generator to be fitted in place. If installed as such it would increase the weight of the rifle but also give it what amounts to an infinite supply of ammunition. It would, however, not be able to fire continuously: the "Battery" would simply be expanded and regenerate energy over time.

((The armoury master may have slightly more say in where videos of her (or her digital image) get broadcasted, who knows.))

Charro thinks very hard and tries to remember just what he was about to do.

((...Seriously. I know there was something I wanted to post in this thread, that's why I started typing, but I... Lost it. Derp.))
[int:2]
Check again, and watch for ambushes. If Ian rushes me, jab him with the saber, but otherwise stay low. Check how far I am from the mk 3 suit.
You look around quickly, popping your head out of cover just for an instant. You can't see anyone around. Not good. The MK III's top half is about 10 meters behind you.

She examines her weaponry and examines the Armory Master in detail.

Then, if she has her Tesla Sabre with her, turns it on, with the rightmost knob 180 degrees and begins the fight in earnest.

You look at your weaponry. You've seen the tesla sabre before but not a tesla arc. The body of the weapon is a great black box, with handles to hold it by, with a long red tube sprouting out of it. At the end of this tube are 4 wire wrapped supports holding a vaguely donut shaped metal knob about the size of a water melon. Yellow warnings are affixed to a dozen different places but the gist of them is to hold the handles and only the handles.  There is a control panel on the black box, between the handles, with several buttons, all unlabeled of course.

As per the armory master, she's about 6 feet tall, her hair is loose and hangs around just below her shoulders, her eyes are green and she's very light skinned. She doesn't look very strong, in fact she seems relatively skinny-though not unhealthily so-and barely muscled at all. Simply put, she doesn't look like the type of woman who has survived through 27 missions. Her suit is something you can't quite wrap your mind around; it looks like something that would be used for a VR machine. It doesn't look protective at all, beyond the metal nodes it's completely skintight and looks about as sturdy as it is non-revealing.

(if you still can't get a good mental image, think
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but pale and with longer hair. )

You flip your sabre over and turn the right knob 180 degrees before activating it. The blade materializes, extending to over 6 feet long.

"Well?" The armory master says, crossing her arms.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and begins the fight in earnest.
((Just get the carnage started D:))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 2101