_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924066 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"I don't believe this..."

Reroute to the auxiliary cameras, crush Ian inu grip and pull him off, checking with the cameras to make sure, then take his gun and return fire on those damn shooters.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Hm, so this is possible. Going with the Tesla Sabre, that is all. And a Tesla Arc."
Next it asks you to designate an arena to fight in.

"I don't believe this..."

Reroute to the auxiliary cameras, crush Ian inu grip and pull him off, checking with the cameras to make sure, then take his gun and return fire on those damn shooters.
[Aux:2] You free one hand and type on an internal keyboard.
>main vision reroute cmera 2
>Error
You grumble and use your other hand to try and crush the cyborg in your hand.
[Ian strength:5+1]
[Strength:5+1]
You squeeze down and feel the machine struggle for an instant before it crushes what it's holding. At the same time you feel something tear itself away from your grip. Damn it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Goddammit!"

Bring up an overlay of all available cameras and use my free hand to swat Ian off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Goddammit!"

Bring up an overlay of all available cameras and use my free hand to swat Ian off.
[aux:1]
You pound away on the keyboard, trying to get it to show you something useful while flailing your free hand around, trying to find and subsequently slap the living shit out of Ian. After several seconds of typing and errors you punch the keyboard in a rage.

>Manual override excepted. Opening hatch for manual sighting.   

...fuck.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Oh come on!! It's gonna take some quick thinking here...))

Bishop knew that he had little time to act, with that damn cyborg crawling over him and the shooters still taking their time, odds were strong he wouldn't survive. But he had to try.

Shove my hand back into the controls for the suit and do a complete roll to my knees, crushing Ian with the bulk of the suit. Then crouch forward and put the suits hands either side of me to give me cover, activate the emergency hatch release, jump OUT of the suit and grab the tesla saber to finish off Ian if he comes looking for trouble and then take cover.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Arena...

"Let's try in an archaic earth-type ruin. The one with level ground, flourishing with life, and platforms of marble that connect with each other.

Floating in the air by the magnetic field. Yes.

Um, Steve. That would be the general setting. Stable ground, foundations are not likely to crumble to explosives...even opponent weaponry, or at least a realistic AI on the armory master. You pick the rest. I'd bet an amalgam of thoughts and intellect from the past teams in you would give an...appropriate decision.

Just not anything...delicate, if you catch my drift."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:33:12 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Tiruin: Tell Steve to pick any other small detail remaining, I really really want to see this starting as soon as possible.

Also, The Bastards should share information, so as soon as Milno gets to the ship (if he makes it), he'll call all of the available idiots. It is not like he is planning anything, by the way.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...he'll call all of the available idiots. It is not like he is planning anything, by the way.))

Hey, we're not all with low INT scores! D:< Well, the original 5 6, that is.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Hmmm... Now that cutlas batteries work twice as long as lasrifle batteries AND are only twice as expensive AND cutlas probably consumes quite more energy per second of firing than lasrifle on 'intensity=1' does, those seem quite better a source of power than standart ones.
Try installing the cutting laser power connector to the laser rifle, then test the cutting laser battery capacity plugged into that laser rifle.
Then try making the hand laser into a laser pistol (held in hand, bigger and more powerful, but still smaller/better suited for using in a single hand than the laser rifle).
Also try changing the design of the laser rifle to better accomodate for one-handed firing - change the stock, swap the grip for the pistol one and try shortening the barrel and making the design overall lighter (with as little decrease to efficiency as possible - scrapping those self-detonation parts, for one).

((As for the armor master, I'm definetly going to ask her some questions - I believe it would not be IC for me to ask Steve behind her back - but only after a mission or two. That way, hopefully, the chance of going through the airlock would be somewhat lessened.
Also, as for that simulation, I'm expecting +3, +4 and +5 roll modifiers. ;- )
Oh, and maybe she is an ingenious mechanism created by the GM to divert our attention from something seemingly less intresting, but much more important. *narrowing eyelids*))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No speculation, this turns away all intention of information until we can get a reliable reputation on our backs.

Come to think of it, go ahead Nikitian! Ask em! You won't lose...much if you die, and I don't think they would kill you just by asking.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

self-detonation parts
((The self-destruction parts were actually the radio/remote system which your character mistook as a different mechanism due to an overshoot INT roll, if I remember correctly. So, yeah. He'll try to mess with the self-detonation parts only to discover they aren't made for creating explosions.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Oh come on!! It's gonna take some quick thinking here...))

Bishop knew that he had little time to act, with that damn cyborg crawling over him and the shooters still taking their time, odds were strong he wouldn't survive. But he had to try.

Shove my hand back into the controls for the suit and do a complete roll to my knees, crushing Ian with the bulk of the suit. Then crouch forward and put the suits hands either side of me to give me cover, activate the emergency hatch release, jump OUT of the suit and grab the tesla saber to finish off Ian if he comes looking for trouble and then take cover.
You perform a ponderous forward roll, attempting to crush anything on you while the front hatch unseals itself and opens. You hold the arms in front of the hatch and lock them in place, providing you cover while you grab the tesla sabre from the suit's hand and take flying leap from from the suit to the ground, sliding into cover. You glance around and don't see anyone.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Check again, and watch for ambushes. If Ian rushes me, jab him with the saber, but otherwise stay low. Check how far I am from the mk 3 suit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((sorry about the double post here, accidentally hit post rather then preview.))
Arena...

"Let's try in an archaic earth-type ruin. The one with level ground, flourishing with life, and platforms of marble that connect with each other.

Floating in the air by the magnetic field. Yes.

Um, Steve. That would be the general setting. Stable ground, foundations are not likely to crumble to explosives...even opponent weaponry, or at least a realistic AI on the armory master. You pick the rest. I'd bet an amalgam of thoughts and intellect from the past teams in you would give an...appropriate decision.

Just not anything...delicate, if you catch my drift."

The black screen fades and a new world forms in its place. You seem to standing on a very large hovering platform over a tropical forest. There are other platforms hovering not far from this one and it looks like you could probably make a jump to one.

On the other side of the platform is the armory master, looking slightly younger and with longer hair. She's wearing some sort of bodysuit, it doesn't look like armor, it looks like some sort of interface suit or something, a black skintight thing covered in hundreds of circular, raised metal nodes. She doesn't seem to be holding a weapon.

"I'll let you have the first move, it's only fair." she yells.

Hmmm... Now that cutlas batteries work twice as long as lasrifle batteries AND are only twice as expensive AND cutlas probably consumes quite more energy per second of firing than lasrifle on 'intensity=1' does, those seem quite better a source of power than standart ones.
Try installing the cutting laser power connector to the laser rifle, then test the cutting laser battery capacity plugged into that laser rifle.
Then try making the hand laser into a laser pistol (held in hand, bigger and more powerful, but still smaller/better suited for using in a single hand than the laser rifle).
Also try changing the design of the laser rifle to better accomodate for one-handed firing - change the stock, swap the grip for the pistol one and try shortening the barrel and making the design overall lighter (with as little decrease to efficiency as possible - scrapping those self-detonation parts, for one).

((As for the armor master, I'm definetly going to ask her some questions - I believe it would not be IC for me to ask Steve behind her back - but only after a mission or two. That way, hopefully, the chance of going through the airlock would be somewhat lessened.
Also, as for that simulation, I'm expecting +3, +4 and +5 roll modifiers. ;- )
Oh, and maybe she is an ingenious mechanism created by the GM to divert our attention from something seemingly less intresting, but much more important. *narrowing eyelids*))

You have the computer check the cutting laser's battery in conjunction with the laser rifle. It warns that it is too high powered to function as is, but that it seems to have 90 seconds worth of charge in the smaller rifle.

Converting a hand laser into a laser pistol seems relatively easy, simply a matter of taking the preexisting parts and stuffing them into a pistol body and changing it to fire from an electronic trigger. Increasing it's power however would be tricky; hand lasers are cheaper then dirt and designed to work at their preset power and nothing else. You might be able to jury rig it, but it would be like jury rigging a soup spoon to be a combat knife.

You look into making what amounts to a sawn off laser rifle. Stripping it down, lightening it and generally adapting the body to a smaller design wouldn't be hard. You could shorten the barrel as well, but doing so would require the removal of some of the focusing systems, effectively meaning that it wouldn't be able to reach as low a diffusion range as the normal rifle.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the other side of the platform is the armory master, looking slightly younger and with longer hair. She's wearing some sort of bodysuit, it doesn't look like armor, it looks like some sort of interface suit or something, a black skintight thing covered in hundreds of circular, raised metal nodes. She doesn't seem to be holding a weapon.
black skintight thing
((Feyri is screwed. I mean it.

Do not question my reasoning. Everybody knows that women in black skintight bodysuits are deadly.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 2101