_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922448 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Read those three main sites about known xenos species.
Praemonitus, praemunitus. Let all the alien bastards rot in hell...
You read through all three websites. Their information is amazingly contradictory.

(Bonus?:Well read and Poorly informed: You know a whole lot about aliens and at least 50% of it is wrong. Rolls when analyzing aliens are no longer shown. All numbers result in information, only a roll of 5 results in the correct information)

((Steve is disappointing me so far. The lack of proper weaponry on the dummies is also a good reason for their poor performance, though.))
Cut me some slack, He's got a battle suit and I've got low end weapons. I'm fighting a tank with a pistol and the tank is cutting people in half. I have the knowledge and capacity to control them, but if their fragile flesh (ie dice) fails me, there's nothing I can do. :P

"You fucker, you'll pay for this!"

Leap back over some cover away from Ian, duck and roll to a kneeling position and let Tom have it with the bolos. Reposition to put some cover between me and the shooters and then fire at Ian as he charges.
((You're gonna be taking a -1 to dex rolls having to do with your legs because of your damaged leg by the way.))
[Dex:5-1]You jump back and try to put some cover between yourself and Ian, kneeling behind one of the pillars and opening fire on Tom. [Con wep:2] You try your best to aim but Tom is a blur of rocket exhaust and you miss him completely.
[Bob con wep:3]
[susan con wep:5]
Bob and susan open fire on you as you try to retreat. Bob's laser fire burns a small and entirely superficial line across your chest. Susan's shot, on the other hand, collides directly with the side of your bolo gun and tears a lovely  hole straight through the cylinder. Crap. You back peddle as Tom and Ian close the distance. [con wep:6] Your shot catches the cyborg just above the belly button and the force yanks him back into a pillar, the bolo wrapping around both him and the pillar. The wire contracts and cuts the Ian directly in half as well the pillar he's pinned to. The pillar slides slowly down and falls like a great tree.

[Dex:1] You try to move but can't get out of the way in time. The pillar crashes down upon you, the suits servos screaming in protest as they try to protect you. [Strength 6] You shove your shoulder up and roll the pillar off yourself but stumble as it goes, putting yourself off balance. While you're vulnerable Tom swoops in behind you [dex:6] and wraps his hands around your left knee. You stumble forward, partially crushing his arm in the joint. [strength:5+1] Even with his arm crushed, Tom manages to slam his shoulder into the back of your knee and, with the aid of his exoskeleton and rocket pods, tackles you to the ground, disconnecting his shoulder in the process.

"That's it. I'm tired of doing nothing. Hey Steve," Feyri said to the room, "where can I find any places to find out more about what I have? Like my Tesla Sabre, which is with Milno? Any VR rooms where I can find out what those knobs do?"

Ask Steve where any of the training rooms are in this ship.
>There are VR machines in the Rec room. I'd have thought you'd seen them by now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"It's my memory, Steve. I intend on forgetting things."

It took a few seconds to realize that she said the wrong word, 'intend'. Ah well, it was all for the better, Feyri guessed.

Head to the Rec room and...check out the machines.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"You are really getting on my nerves."

Give Tom a taste of my tesla saber, then a boot to the head and if he's still moving, finish him off with the bolo gun. Then roll behind that pillar and check my gun is still functioning, and reload, keeping an eye out for Ian.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

I can't help but laugh every time I hear bolo-gun... Bolo means cake in my language, so I keep visualizing a heavy-weapon that fires cakes at enemies. <_<
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Hmmm, so amazingly contradictory information... I'll have no other choice than to resort to first-hand reports.
Go to the armory and ask for an electronic logbook. Entitle it 'Previously encountered  alien species'.
Remember and write there my own first-hand experience of dealing with aliens (the one I got in my military career, that is).
Then go find Feyri and ask her to enter her experiences of the xenos (particularly, the known weapons/abilities and vulnerabilities of that sentry she powerslided so daringly and masterfully; compliment on her performance).

That reminds me - Steve, has anyone among former 'Corps members done anything like that? And can we have a look at the data he (or she) managed to compile?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

I can't help but laugh every time I hear bolo-gun... Bolo means cake in my language, so I keep visualizing a heavy-weapon that fires cakes at enemies. <_<

Cake that slices a cyborg and the stone pillar behind him in half. I have to say, I'm loving this thing but it does need a better name. Any ideas anyone for a suitable name?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cake that slices a cyborg and the stone pillar behind him in half. I have to say, I'm loving this thing but it does need a better name. Any ideas anyone for a suitable name?
(( [Pretty] Cake gun.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Perhaps something like 'Willis MSBG' (Monofilament String Bolo Gun)?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

I do like the sound of the Willis MBL (monofilament bolo launcher). Unless I get a better idea than that, im naming it that. Thanks dude!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((You're welcome!  ;) ))
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cut me some slack, He's got a battle suit and I've got low end weapons. I'm fighting a tank with a pistol and the tank is cutting people in half. I have the knowledge and capacity to control them, but if their fragile flesh (ie dice) fails me, there's nothing I can do. :P
((Makes sense, but he should have asked for a little more of a challenge. After remembering how much a battlesuit can withstand, I guess the dummies are actually doing ok.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

It's not about me here, it's to see how the new gun handles combat. So far, it's doing alright but I'm yet to test it against the long range shooters.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Makes sense, but he should have asked for a little more of a challenge. After remembering how much a battlesuit can withstand, I guess the dummies are actually doing ok.))
The only real reason I can fight it at all is that I know its weak points. If I just fired at random it would have literally no effect. Even a 5 shot from a gauss rifle would plink right off. Battle suits are designed to wade through small arms fire like this. Yes, we're in a universe where Gauss Rifles are considered "Small arms".

Hmmm, so amazingly contradictory information... I'll have no other choice than to resort to first-hand reports.
Go to the armory and ask for an electronic logbook. Entitle it 'Previously encountered  alien species'.
Remember and write there my own first-hand experience of dealing with aliens (the one I got in my military career, that is).
Then go find Feyri and ask her to enter her experiences of the xenos (particularly, the known weapons/abilities and vulnerabilities of that sentry she powerslided so daringly and masterfully; compliment on her performance).

That reminds me - Steve, has anyone among former 'Corps members done anything like that? And can we have a look at the data he (or she) managed to compile?
((If you were in the service you'd probably only know about the Haebi, those fungus aliens who convert planets to spore carrier ships, since thats the major enemy of your time.))
You head to the armory and get a datapad, open up a document and entitle it "Previously Encountered Alien Species". As you walk off to find Feyri you talk to steve, asking him if anyone else has compiled information like this.

> In document form, not that I know of. But you may want to talk to the armory master, she was a conscript once.

"You are really getting on my nerves."

Give Tom a taste of my tesla saber, then a boot to the head and if he's still moving, finish him off with the bolo gun. Then roll behind that pillar and check my gun is still functioning, and reload, keeping an eye out for Ian.
You struggle to your feet, moving slowly in your suit, the enemies still pounding away at you.
[Susan:3+1]
[Bob:5]
[Tom:5]
Susan's gauss rifle shot ricochets off your torso uselessly, but bob's laser fire strikes your bolo gun in the barrel and partially melts it. Tom, his arm still caught in your knee joint, drags the Razor across the back of your left knee, burning slowly through the armor and severing the servos. [both legs damaged,-2 to dex rolls having to do with legs.] You vision fills with warnings as you manage to rise to your feet and swing your tesla sabre at Tom, who has just freed himself from your by having his arm pinched completely off. [Dex:5] [Tom dex:2+1] [Uncon wep:3+2] You swing your tesla sabre at him in a great arc, catching him at the hip. He explodes in a burst of electrical discharge  and gore, his upper half tumbling away across the room.

You turn to find cover when something white skitters out form under the wreckage of the fallen pillar. You raise your gun to fire on it and pull the trigger. The bolo round travels down the barrel and fuses in the melted section. All the energy of the shot, the combined magnetic repulsion of the coils, has no where to go. So it goes outward. The bolo gun detonates like a hand grenade but it leaves your mechanical hand undamaged. While you stare, dumb founded, at the remains of your gun Ian, running his hands with his rifle held in his mouth, skitters across the ground and leaps up on to you.

"It's my memory, Steve. I intend on forgetting things."

It took a few seconds to realize that she said the wrong word, 'intend'. Ah well, it was all for the better, Feyri guessed.

Head to the Rec room and...check out the machines.
You head to the rec room and take a seat at one of the machines. You power it up and are greeted with some choices.

>Battle of Hexbarax
>Poacher
>Punch Many things
>Duel
>Tinker

It's not about me here, it's to see how the new gun handles combat. So far, it's doing alright but I'm yet to test it against the long range shooters.
Oops, I guess steve was testing it's resilience under fire first :P

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Thank you, Stev- Wait, WHAT?
Quickly walk away from the armory if still in close proximity of it.
You mean, she once was a member of the 'Corps? And managed to go through the term...
Remember if the armory master has any prosthetics of any kind.
... uh, in one piece?
Make an entry in the PEAS about Haebi, then go look for Feyri. If she happens to be busy, return to the 'tinker'.
Past Sigs

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

(( D: NOT THE MBL! It was too young to die!))

Bishop was wordless for a moment before screaming in wordless rage.

Rip Ian off me, take his gun and use his body as a shield. Then fire right through Ian's torso to finish him off and keep firing at Bob and Susan.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 2101