_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930694 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: St. Milno
« Reply #9165 on: October 29, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »

Head back to the Barracks and up to Stacy.

I sorely hope that you have not distributed that file to any others, if it is what I think it is.

Simus hisses quietly at him.

((Considered getting my suit on and sealing myself into the airlock to look at the image, but then I remembered that effectively the only art Simus knows about aboard the ship was the psychotropic painting. Also, that her Will stat isn't terribly great and I don't want her to space herself with a bad roll.

Also, Harry, isn't that slightly meta, changing your action to completely ignore me after I post one with subtle overt comments about possible mugging? Your character couldn't even possibly know that Simus hadn't opened the attachment, much less possible plans.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:39:33 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:40 pm »

I sorely hope that you have not distributed that file to any others, if it is what I think it is.

((Considered getting my suit on and sealing myself into the airlock to look at the image, but then I remembered that effectively the only art Simus knows about aboard the ship was the psychotropic painting. Also, that her Will stat isn't terribly great and I don't want her to space herself with a bad roll.

Also, Harry, isn't that slightly meta, changing your action to completely ignore me after I post one with subtle overt comments about possible mugging? Your character couldn't even possibly know that Simus hadn't opened the attachment, much less possible plans.))

((Not quite. What happened was: Stacy sends a message, Simus ignores it, just like Jim seemed to beforehand. Just like with Jim, Stacy lost interest immediately when she did that, seeing no point in watching her. So it wasn't about the mugging bit (I suspect it may end poorly for Simus if she tries it, being unskilled with most of her weapons while Stacy is skilled with his), but rather a streamlining of action.))

Stacy takes a look at the approaching Simus.

"What? I am merely observing people's reactions to photographic reproductions of an interesting piece of art to determine whether its mind-altering properties were something uniquely inherent in the physical painting or rooted in its unusual subject matter. It's what Doctor Bikowski would have done!"

"And don't hiss at me, young lady. It is most unbecoming for attractive young women such as yourself to hiss at people, however deserved it may be. Please express your concern in a way that is both approved by the government and society."

He thinks for a second.

"And you should show more trust in other people. Not opening an image in a politely phrased message merely because it may contain mind-altering images? For shame."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:57:06 pm by Harry Baldman »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: October 29, 2012, 05:16:45 pm »

Continuing to hiss at him:

Listen, buddy, I heard what that thing did. It just so happened that I knew Doctor Sanctor, and he gouged out another man's throat after looking at that thing. If it had not been incinerated by another of this group, I would have blown it up myself.

Now, who else have you sent it to, now you've confirmed my suspicion?

((Your MFM, which takes time to use, vs. Simus' arsenal of lethal weapons, including the one she could conceivably use to sever the spine before the target was aware that they were being attacked? Add in Jim, as well, once he hears what's lurking in that attachment.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:20:41 pm by PyroDesu »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: October 29, 2012, 05:32:57 pm »

(Well, there's a few outcomes here. Best case is the picture has no effect, or at least no effect on Jim due to +1 Willpower or the fact he doesn't have the actual sense of sight - human retinas may look at it differently than cameras wired to the brain - to perceive it with or something like that. The next outcome is Jim is affected but does something that's not harmful to anyone. Third is outright attacking someone at random. Fourth is, due to painting-inspired madness, an attempt to butcher the guy who sent it. Note that the latter three outcomes will result in Jim either attempting to kick Stacy's ass or already have kicked Stacy's ass. The first will make him go 'meh whatever.' :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: October 29, 2012, 06:03:40 pm »

Continuing to hiss at him:

Listen, buddy, I heard what that thing did. It just so happened that I knew Doctor Sanctor, and he gouged out another man's throat after looking at that thing. If it had not been incinerated by another of this group, I would have blown it up myself.

Now, who else have you sent it to, now you've confirmed my suspicion?

((Your MFM, which takes time to use, vs. Simus' arsenal of lethal weapons, including the one she could conceivably use to sever the spine before the target was aware that they were being attacked? Add in Jim, as well, once he hears what's lurking in that attachment.))

"I sent it to the robotic fellow with the giant arms over there," Stacy says, pointing at Jim, "you and another fellow nearby. All of this is merely a test, you see, to see if anything happens. I would like to hand the image over to the research department if the image is indeed powerful enough to cause issues. Wouldn't want to give them a useless image and waste their time. That's what my test is for. I hope nobody gets hurt, but if someone does, I am prepared to take responsibility for all of it. Please let me conduct the test. I merely wish to help, to draw something useful out of a thing that has caused only suffering before, according to the spirit of the HMRC. Perhaps to help prepare for and prevent an incident like the one that involved the unfortunate Dr. Sanctor, no?"

"Please cease hissing, you are merely making yourself more difficult to understand. A proper bit of dialogue without all this intimidation foolishness would allow far quicker problem solving. And the spittle. The spittle doesn't help, either. A booming, authoritative voice would work much better, oh yes."

((Well, it all comes down to a possible two-on-one situation with Jim, Stacy and Simus. Jim could handily beat Stacy, but I'm not quite sure about Simus, considering that he would get a dexterity roll to avoid getting skewered, whereas Simus would have no way of avoiding an MFM's effects. That is, if Stacy decided to fight back at all, which would require a specific set of circumstances in itself.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:08:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: October 29, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »

Pocketing the jerkey, Mesk is struck with sudden inspiration, and tries to remember what happens to his limbs when they're chopped off.  Do they stick around?  Once he's determined that, he puts the idea in the back of his mind and focuses on finding something to stand on.
Find something to stand on in order to gain access to the nearest ceiling vent.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: October 29, 2012, 06:13:56 pm »

Follow May to her pet, sit down and continue writing. Eat as well.
"Did you ever do that thing with Renen, May?"

"No, I haven't really seen him. But he's being less rapey, so I guess it's okay....though if you ever wanted to do anything like that..." >v<

Go back to the Armory Master. Request a steak.
"Uh... I guess if you really wanted too, but, uh... I dunno."
Write brain. Come on, write. Write about what you were thinking about before. Write. Be smart.

No? Asshole. Did I just call my brain an asshole? Must be going nuts.

Hey, May used to be Elisaz. Does that mean I have jungle fever?

Thomas continues trying to write, but yells out a question towards May as she leaves the room.
"Hey May? Since you used to be black, do I have jungle fever?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: October 29, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Oi, Jim! Sorry to interrupt your training, but if you've gotten a message from a Stacy Buttle, possibly with an attachment, don't open it, it's an image of that psychotropic painting from before the anomaly. That applies to you too, over there.

Indicate the other recipient of the message while shouting out to Jim.

Stacy, I recommend that you don't even think about doing something like that again. I don't care that there's a possibility that it would do nothing, the possibility that it could induce extreme harm to recipients and those around them is more than enough reason to not do such. Give it to the Lab boys, with a warning of possible effects, and delete it off of your wristpad, without sending it anywhere else. Not joking around here, if you persist, then I shall consider you a threat to the others in our section. At the very least, if you're going to do something inane like that, use willing participants and do it away from anyone else.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:22:30 pm by PyroDesu »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: October 29, 2012, 07:12:57 pm »

((You didn't know who the other recipient was.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9174 on: October 29, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »

(Taking into consideration the earworm incident, I think Jim started panicking because Bishop started panicking, since that's never a good sign. And thanks for the update, I started watching an LP of X-Com EU and it looks pretty fun. ^^^

@Toaster: It's probably made out of Jim, for obvious reasons.)

"...That settles that," Jim said to no one in particular, collecting the cutlass and putting both his swords away. His wristpad was showing a new message from somebody named Stacy on the ship. It looked like a spam e-mail, but he went ahead and opened it anyway. He probably had antiviruses on this platform for shit like that.

(And now if Jim goes off on someone it's going to be even more ridiculous because I didn't bother changing his emoticon.)
[will:2+1]
You look at the picture carefully, examining it on the much smaller resolution of the wristpad. It takes a moment for it to come together for you.
"ah."
You proceed to calmly walk across the room, grab one of the beds, tear it from the ground, and crush it in your bare hands until it resembles a rudimentary club. You then begin smashing absolutely everything in sight, crushing beds and datapad diaries and putting dents in the wall until you finally come to face Scrambles, laying unconscious on the floor.

You raise the club.

((Hooray for field triage!

Also, I liked that story given to Irony.))

"This laser rifle- I mean, a laser rifle." Right, it's with that Thomas fellow...

Feyri looked uncertain before deciding to tell the man. He had a code of confidentiality like the doctors had, right?

"I remember something my sister showed me, a techie and all - you don't mind if I tell you a story anyway, no, probably would just give the wrong impression of me. So anyway, about lasers and all that - I remember that they can damage anything, given the fact that not even reflective substances are immune to them. What I'd want to make is a portable version of the cutting laser in the compactness of a laser rifle, probably powered by...the very reaction that powers stars.

"Aaaand now I'm being vague and idealistic again. Just...do you have instruments that can kill biological cells that is similar to a laser? As in compatible with a firing laser?"

Ask.

((Poorly rendered. :P))

"What?" The doctor seems very confused.

Faith furrowed her brow. What a grim story. At least it'd distracted her long enough for her teeth to start their transformation into syringes or whatever.

Lay down, shut eyes. Attempt to calmly meditate.

Ninja'd:
((Piecewise writes such bright, happy, and optimistic worlds.))
I'll give her the DF/lovecraft story next if she keeps reading. After that I'll have to move into satire or something.
((Ooh. Well, now I have to keep reading. Just not yet.))
You close your eyes and lay down. Your jaw still hurts but it's going away. Something strange is replacing it; something very strange. It's almost like another sense or perhaps a heightening of the others? You rest your hand against your other arm and somehow know that there are wires in the flesh there running from the berzerk button up your arm. This is very odd.

Lars flopped against the door again.  Well, this was going nowhere.  Brain hurt, naptime.

Naptime!  Take a nap in the middle of the hallway.
You scream "NAP TIME!" before slumping over, banging into the wall and collapsing into a nappy heap.

'Yay, another piece of alien to eat. Fucking wonderful. Bottoms up."

Eat flesh, then sit down. Try not to crush my heat exchange as I do so.

((Convinced my legs are going to rot off.))
You swallow the flesh and sit down. Your kick your legs back and forth for a bit, thinking that this is probably the last time you'll be able to do it. Oddly, your legs don't fall off, but they do start swelling a lot.

((That story made me feel all warm inside. Thanks, piecewise!))

Watch Derro. Keep my distance. Don't look away for anything.
You stare. You stare so hard. Your eyes hurt but you keep staring. STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE! He's acting a little weird but that might be because he has a weirdo staring at him.

"I might be doing this wrong."

Check my code to make sure I didn't introduce anything bad by accident (or design), like deleting files or something. If the code is clean, send a compiled version to everyone with the following text attached:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone
Trying to pass the time by writing a small game. Anyone want to test it and give feedback?
[aux:4+1]
Huh, it looks like you programmed the game to be perma-death, with only one life per game. Oh dear, how harsh.

"Nice job Jim. I've been itching to see that bastard cop something since he sack-whacked me. Cheers."

Grin a bit. Realize that a grin without two front teeth looks pretty stupid. Also realize it's not christmas, so it's probably best to fix that now. Go to the infirmary. Ask any doctors around if they could fix my teeth for me.

"Hey doc. What's the dental plan here like? Could you do something about this?"

Grin at doctor showing the missing teeth.

The doctors are nice enough to jam some fake teeth into your head and send you on your way, gums still bleeding.

A baker. One would wonder how she went from working with bakery to being a HMRC convict, but he was a farmer before being shipped off, so it was not exactly surprising people of all types ended up into that hellhole.
"Do you miss your former life?"

He asked it because he himself had his doubts when putting both lives in perspective; his former life was devoid of expectatives and motivations.

The young man had been helping his family in their land since his childhood, been given a small patch of land to take care of alone in his 15th birthday and was supposed to get married around his 20s, without much choice in the matters of who his wife would be - the families generally preferred others who lived near their plots to establish marriages.

Basically, he had been "saved" from his former melancholic life and put into a new, violent one where his survival wasn't very sure. The nagging in the back of his head came from part of him that said it had been a good experience...And that he could grow to like the situation, in some way.

Ask.

((Am I acting awkwardly enough in my conversations as Milno? :P))
"I suppose, in a way. They were happy, simple days. Not sure how much is nostalgia though.There are things to be said about a mundane life, about stability and bloodless hands. But I am where I am and I've done what I've done and I can't honestly imagine what it would be like to not be here." She chuckles for a moment, "Actually, I'd be long dead. I guess, in a way..." she shakes her head. "Well, doesn't do to think too hard about it. We've got what we've got."

"No, I haven't really seen him. But he's being less rapey, so I guess it's ogay....though if you ever wanted to do anything like that..." >v<

The armory master gives you what looks like a shrink wrapped piece of raw meat. It's a little oddly shaped for steak.

You poke your head into the barracks to reprimand the guy who sent you this but see Jim's rampage instead.

Pocketing the jerkey, Mesk is struck with sudden inspiration, and tries to remember what happens to his limbs when they're chopped off.  Do they stick around?  Once he's determined that, he puts the idea in the back of his mind and focuses on finding something to stand on.
Find something to stand on in order to gain access to the nearest ceiling vent.
Your limbs, when severed, just kinda sit there.

You think the closest vent you could easily access is the one in the barracks. You head there and get a good view of Jim hulking out on everything. Oh, well that complicates things.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: October 29, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »

Give the steak to the Basilisk.

"No, I haven't really seen him. But he's being less rapey, so I guess it's okay....though if you ever wanted to do anything like that..." >v<

"Uh... I guess if you really wanted too, but, uh... I dunno."
Write brain. Come on, write. Write about what you were thinking about before. Write. Be smart.

No? Asshole. Did I just call my brain an asshole? Must be going nuts.

Hey, May used to be Elisaz. Does that mean I have jungle fever?

Thomas continues trying to write, but yells out a question towards May as she leaves the room.
"Hey May? Since you used to be black, do I have jungle fever?"

"That depends. Do you like big black dick?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: October 29, 2012, 07:20:31 pm »

Jim attempted to regain control, or at least, redirect the club so it wouldn't crush Floki.

(Too bad Steve's not working. If he was, Mesk knows he could just ask him to shut Jim down momentarily.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: October 29, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »

"Okay. Legs are still attached. For now. Swelling up like balloons though. Huh. How would swallowing a bit of alien do this? I mean, if I eat fish, I don't grow gills, but I eat that, and BAM I grow a heat exchange on my back. Wonder if this isn't just alien?"

Poke legs. Wait for the Doctor to return.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: October 29, 2012, 07:26:00 pm »

Back to hissing at Stacy.

See what you did? I'll deal with you in a moment.

Message Milno:

Quote from: Simularus Ferratum-Inanis
Milno, Jim's gone nuts in the Barracks, he got messaged an image of that psychotropic painting and now he's about to crush at least one person and is already trashing the place. See if Steve can shut him down temporarily.

Ready wristblade in case he either can't be stopped or isn't stopped in time and comes after us.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:27:59 pm by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: October 29, 2012, 07:39:47 pm »

"That depends. Do you like big black dick?"
Thomas looks confused for a moment.
"Don't think so... Uh... I'd prefer you... So, that settles that. Thanks May."
Eat jerky.
"Hey, where'd you get that snake anyway?"
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 2101