_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939462 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8535 on: October 13, 2012, 09:20:48 am »

"Oh, hello there, fellow convicts. As you can see, I'm thinking of following this wire into the ceiling. But first, I'm going to have to widen this here hole. Got any tools to help me?"
If they don't have any better tools for the job, use Microwave Field Manipulator to heat up and melt a circular line about 1 meter in diameter and 3 millimeters in thickness around the rusted hole. Don't stand directly under it. Make sure to get the thickness of the ceiling panel right and melt entirely through it. If I am kicked out, proceed with action regardless.
"Make sure to stand well back, I haven't used this specific manipulator before. There might be unforeseen, uh, problems."
"We shouldn't cause damage to the ship unless necessary. There's some guy in the vents already, let's ask him what tools he used."

Gently dissuade Stacy from using the manipulator. Send the following to Mesk:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos - to Mesk Vraite
What tools did you use to get into the vents and are these tools accessible? We want to follow the wire from the armory.
If Mesk answers with the location of the tools, quickly get them and remove that panel to get in.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: October 13, 2012, 10:32:04 am »

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three to Feyri Nirel
Don't worry about it, I know what you meant.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:54 pm »

"We shouldn't cause damage to the ship unless necessary. There's some guy in the vents already, let's ask him what tools he used."

"We're not trying to get into the vents, we're trying to follow the wiring. Seems to me that those two wouldn't coincide due to simple safety reasons, if the vents really are that easy to get into. And I promise you, I will do my best to repair any damage I have done after we are out of immediate peril. Time is of the essence and all that, you know."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: October 13, 2012, 01:25:49 pm »

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: Gorat "Chin" Ivanos
I didn't use any tools, actually.  The vent cover I used was already open.
-M.V.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: October 13, 2012, 02:05:32 pm »

"Time pressure's no reason to use unknown equipment, desperation is, and we ain't desperate yet."

Try to open the panel without tools.

"Besides, use of amps and manipulators is more art than science, far as I can tell, and, well..."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: October 13, 2012, 02:42:08 pm »

((Oh goddie, another poor soul for the doctor to own.))

((The doctor is my favorite character as far as I've read.  Heedeedee.

Also want to jump in, but having a hard time figuring out how far ahead I should skip in my re-read so I know enough to make a first post.  I saw a reference to someone floating around in one of the rooms a few pages back and even if my character wouldn't know what's going on, he'd know if there's no gravity or... whatever that was about.))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:45:54 pm by Wirevix »
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: October 13, 2012, 02:46:37 pm »

"Time pressure's no reason to use unknown equipment, desperation is, and we ain't desperate yet."

Try to open the panel without tools.

"Besides, use of amps and manipulators is more art than science, far as I can tell, and, well..."

"Very well, then. I don't think you are going to be able to open that with just your hands, though. We are in prison, technically, and the architecture around here is probably built to withstand manual tampering."
Stacy looks mildly thoughtful for a split second before continuing.
"But I wouldn't say that manipulator use is an art, actually. I like to think of the manipulator as my calculus teacher back in school. Golly, was that a long time ago. Time flies when you live like I do. Take a file, look through, sign what's needed, make new file, fill out the empty spaces. How wonderful that was. You know, I could have retired if I hadn't killed all those people and betrayed the UWM. What was I thinking, really?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: October 13, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »

(@Wirevex: I'd wait until the current crisis is over, just in case we fail. That way you won't have to make a new character practically as soon as you start. :P If you're lucky, we might take care of it quickly, and if not, well, less effort on your part?)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:57:24 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: October 13, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

(@Wirevex: I'd wait until the current crisis is over, just in case we fail. That way you won't have to make a new character practically as soon as you start. :P If you're lucky, we might take care of it quickly, and if not, well, less effort on your part?)

((That would be meta and feel cheaty.  X3  However, I read a post in which piecewise said technically the stasis pods are in lock-down, so I've no choice but to wait until lockdown is over anyway.  Herpherp~))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: October 13, 2012, 03:10:08 pm »

(On the other hand, Objective did start during this, so I'm sure you probably could too if you wanted.)

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: October 13, 2012, 03:13:56 pm »

((Maybe if I can figure out what's going on well enough, aha.  Mostly it's that I read the time limit was the 31st, so even if you guys completely fail that's 18 days of just waiting... X3 ))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: October 13, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

(Let's see. Tiruin's posts summarize what's going on, but the short version is that something weird is aboard the ship, we don't know what it is but we're all looking for it so we can eliminate it. If we don't do it in a certain amount of time, Steve's going to kill the lot of us. Additionally all power and gravity has been cut to the areas we're in, and we're locked away from the Armory Master and the Infirmary, presumably so they don't get jettisoned as well. The TV is showing something weird. Most people are gathered in the Rec Room; of the ones that aren't, Mesk is in the vents, Jim's in the airlock, and the exploration team is in the briefing room.

I think that's about it, anyway. I could be missing a few people/things. ^^^; And sorry for the misspelling two posts ago, for some reason I just read 'vex' and not 'vix.')

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8547 on: October 13, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »

"Fucker..."

Attempt to get out of an arm strap and loosen the neck strap. Continue to live. Oh and take one or two breaths if possible.
[str:4]
You struggle against your straps, your carapace armor scraping and grinding against the strap, fraying it's edges. Your back is arching at an increasingly uncomfortable angle and even with the plates protecting your throat, you're starting to get light headed as blood is constricted and cut off.
"Stupid anomalies...."

Travis searches the entire accessible prison area for anything that is powered and mentally notes them.
You drift through the halls, looking for anything thats still running, but beyond the emergency lights and the tv, you can't find anything.
((Aren't we still in null-gee? A lot of these descriptions would be fine in gravity, but would be changed a bit for microgravity.))

Now here's the first real sign of something anomalous from the feed, up until now it was antiquity, but not extraordinarily unusual. The feed, that is, that the thing is even on is anomalous.

Continue watching the TV, ponder what the heck is going on in the feed.
[int:3]
Camera man is fucked. Thats whats going on as far as you can see.
Once the airlock cycles, Jim heads toward the top of the ship first, using whatever safety measures are present such as handholds or railings. If none are present, he'll instead move very slowly and carefully on all fours.

After a long few seconds the airlock's outer door opens and you float outside after checking, rechecking an re-rechecking the harness. Everything is almost entirely dark; you're in the shadow of Minos-9, the only things visible being what your lamps can illuminate. You find a railing next to the door and grab hold, seeping your lamps around. The surface around you is almost completely smooth, save for the railing, and judging by the edges you can make out by observing where you can see stars again, the ship itself is fairly fucking massive. Checking the hull is going to be a bit of a problem like this.

As soon as Lars felt the pull backwards, he knew something was wrong.  If this, indeed, was from Steve, then it must be a punishment.  Given he hadn't violated any of the commandments (it was hard to do so) then there must be an evil influence here.  He must resist!

Resist the pull with body, mind, and soul.
[will:3]
You struggle against the force of the web, staining to escape but barely holding your ground as it threatens to rip you back into the dark.
"Creepy..."

Try to intuit something about what I just witnessed on TV.
[intuition:2]
It's weird. Does that count as intuition? Uh...OH I've got it! Camera guy needs a new job! No? Oh, uh...No more using alien devices as "marital aids"?
"Huh.  I think I understand.  Thanks, Victor.  I'm going to go check it out... you want to come with me?"
Pick the knife back up and head in the direction indicated.
You back up a bit and then head in the direction Victor pointed, thumping down the vent in  rather uncoordinated fashion. You never reach the vent for the briefing room however, you're blocked by what looks like a mass of squirming worms or a moving tree root or something similar. You climb closer and see that that the mass is actually a great, flowing mass of wires, all pouring down into the briefing room.
"Oh, hello there, fellow convicts. As you can see, I'm thinking of following this wire into the ceiling. But first, I'm going to have to widen this here hole. Got any tools to help me?"
If they don't have any better tools for the job and Gorat can't open the panel without tools, use Microwave Field Manipulator to heat up and melt a circular line about 1 meter in diameter and 3 millimeters in thickness around the rusted hole. Don't stand directly under it. Make sure to get the thickness of the ceiling panel right and melt entirely through it. If I am kicked out, proceed with action regardless.
"Make sure to stand well back, I haven't used this specific manipulator before. There might be unforeseen, uh, problems."
Seeing as no one is exactly forthcoming in offering a better tool, you decide to do it your way: WITH SCIENCE!
[uncon:3+1]
You tap away on your manipulator for a moment and then hit execute, curious to see what will happen. The circular cut of heat appears in the panel and the metal in the center of the cut slips, threatening to fall, but doesn't give way. Hmm, maybe a good hard blow would get it free while the metal is still soft.
"Hey! You! What the hell is going on here? Why are there people runnign around? AND WHY WAS A NAKED?"

Ask anyone in the Rec room this
You continue screaming for answers, going so far as to literally walk up to several people and spray them with furious spittle as you demand satisfaction. They show an almost superhuman level of apathy and ignore you.
Feyri, I'll keep an eye on the feed and relay anything that seems significant, if it can help you and the rest of the exploration team. Might be a good idea to try linking suit feeds again before you leave, though, so I can help figure out anything you might come across, easier with visual contact.

Hearing the new arrival:

I'll also keep anyone in here from doing anything majorly idiotic to the best of my ability.

Attempt once more to connect suit feeds with others, particularly Feyri and the rest of the exploration team.

[aux:3-1]
NOPE.

"O.k. time for science!
O.k. whoether you are, come out of there and watch my back from the door."
Kick him out, wall into middle of the room, close my eyes.
[dex:3]
[stacy dex:1]
[str:2]
You attempt to shove Stacy out of the room but end up not doing much more then tangling up with him and bouncing around the room.
If they don't have any better tools for the job, use Microwave Field Manipulator to heat up and melt a circular line about 1 meter in diameter and 3 millimeters in thickness around the rusted hole. Don't stand directly under it. Make sure to get the thickness of the ceiling panel right and melt entirely through it. If I am kicked out, proceed with action regardless.

Gently dissuade Stacy from using the manipulator. Send the following to Mesk:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos - to Mesk Vraite
What tools did you use to get into the vents and are these tools accessible? We want to follow the wire from the armory.
If Mesk answers with the location of the tools, quickly get them and remove that panel to get in.
Stacy seems to have been a bit too impatient but luckily he didn't blow anything up.
Update - Locations; Speculations//Assumptions

Map, still unupdated. The Armory seems to be accessible.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

((It seems me, Spinal_Taper,  sambojin and Caellath are on the explore-party!))

"I told you before, he's not my boyfriend," Feyri replied on a private channel to Milno, hoping the lighting would hide her blushing.

Why did I have to put up that faceplate again?

"Alright," she called out to everyone in the Rec Room, "Me, Milno and Thomas here are going to search for the anomaly, or Brother Lars. Both, if possible. Sorry Faith but I think your skills are needed better here.

"Let's head to the Briefing room first? I'm sure there's some kind of relay we can use there that enables us to speak with Steve. Knowing Brother Lars, I'd bet he wanted to speak with the...God in the Machine, to say it his way."

Spinal_Taper, Caellath, sambojin, and Tiruin's characters.

TO THE BRIEFING ROOM!

Examine the way there. Then examine the doorway and inside of the room -- all for any signs of electrical wires or any breaks in the ship walls.

Before all that, a thought hit Feyri.

"Faith, could I borrow your cutting torch? I just remembered that Tesla Sabres don't do well against electricity."

The thought of wires and electricity annoyed her.

((piecewise: I don't have my Laser Rifle in my cheatsheet?))
Well, I have no record of that laser rifle so I'm not really sure. Simus didn't have it, so either someone else does or it was lost, either in a mission or in my brain.)

Feyri and her cadre of followers make their way to the briefing room door, examining the ship as they go. They see no signs of anything odd until they reach the briefing room door itself. The briefing room door is shut tight and isn't opening for you like it normally does. There don't seem to be any panels near by that might hide the door's controls, nor are there any handles or other manual ways to override the door, at least as far as you can see.
((Maybe if I can figure out what's going on well enough, aha.  Mostly it's that I read the time limit was the 31st, so even if you guys completely fail that's 18 days of just waiting... X3 ))
It's your choice. Express knowledge of whats going on isn't needed or anything, in fact thats a good way to prevent meta'ing. If you feel like playing now, just wake up in the barracks, if not, feel free to wait. And if you've got any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: October 13, 2012, 03:34:33 pm »

((I don't really mean what's going on in specifics, but like... if I started a post with my character waltzing out to the armory, the entire thing would be redacted as soon as I learned that he can't waltz because no gravity, and he can't go to the armory because it's locked.  That sort of knowledge that would be apparent to my character the moment he enters the playing field.  But I guess I know that now, so I'll do up my first post later tonight when I get back hahaw.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: October 13, 2012, 03:37:06 pm »

"Oh boy..."
Actually, just intuit what the hell is going on.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 2101