_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924156 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7590 on: September 23, 2012, 09:03:21 am »

"I suppose it would make sense for the door to be airtight. Maybe I can hear something?"

Press ear to door, and see if I can hear anything.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: September 23, 2012, 10:00:44 am »

Get high as shit. Be a gentleman to May, let her try first, if she so desires
"Hi May."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: September 23, 2012, 11:11:21 am »

"Hi May."

Smoke/inhale/ingest. Everything.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: September 23, 2012, 12:27:52 pm »

((GM: Let me guess, [Will:1] means mindrape or mutation?))

Milno stared at both his gauntlet and prosthetic. It was a very strange situation, since apparently the gauntlet had granted him technical knowledge about the mechanic limb.

Try wishing the gauntlet to briefly assume some of the prosthetic's external features before turning back into its original shape.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: September 23, 2012, 12:57:49 pm »

It was all coming clear now.  Maybe it was the stasis.  Maybe it was the time dilation.  Maybe it was the traipsing throughout the galaxy.  Maybe it was the blow to the head during the capture.

But it was all clear now.  Why he was here.  His purpose.  His test.

Lars knew now.  He was being tested by the Gazer, and put down in a pocket reality or alternate dimension or some divine anomaly.  Here, the Gazer spoke to him through this Steve entity.  It was all clear- he must spread the word of Steve!

There was much to do.

"Yes, Lord Steve!  I will spread your message.  I am but your humble prophet."

Bow in Steve's general direction and head to the Armory.  Acquire a metal etching kit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: September 23, 2012, 01:33:14 pm »

Duck and parry Doc's blows. When an opening appears, Counter.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7596 on: September 23, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »

((Milno's got himself a tech scanner.))

Open a new grenade casing for the XGL, put a shaped Aster-EX charge in that back, such that the force of the explosion is directed forwards. Then, fill the rest with razorwire, and program to detonate just after it leaves the barrel.

Test on MkIII suit, Battlesuit, and Full-Body Prosthesis.

You try your new razor bomb out on a few targets. The spray of razors is very effective against the MK III, Not effective at all against the Battlesuit and somewhat effective against the Prosthesis, though the razors don't penetrate very deep. However, there are a few problems, the first being that the back of the shell has a nasty habit of flying backward as the explosive goes off and hurls the rest of the shell forward. This results in exactly the sort of damage one would except when a disk of shrapnel serrated metal is hurled back into the center of mass of the shooter at ballistic speeds. Second, the fact that the explosion is happening so near the barrel, even if directed, results in hearing damage at best and lung hemorrhaging at worst thanks to the shockwave.
Um..well the problem with that shockwave this is that you end up with the same problem. The piston will just give you more power behind the blow. Which is great for a stronger punch but in terms of the shockwave thing it doesn't fix any of the problems of the original, you'll still end up destroying your shaping surfaces unless they're stupidly massive and resistant. I'll say it blunt: A nuke's shockwave won't even completely break a battlesuit's armor even at very close range, so you're not gonna be drilling through their armor with a hand held shock wave device.
((Ah. It seems I've been underestimating the battlesuit.))

Compare the force of the piston-aided amp, a regular amp, and a shockwave amp.

Examine how a battlesuit is controlled.

>Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
((I was waiting for Steve to say that. :P))

Well, that would depend on how much force you put behind the piston. You put 100 newtons and you'll get around 10,000 newtons, etc. Same as with punching, but since it's mechanical it can be more powerful and can have the force adjusted. As per the force of the shockwave amp, it's gonna be roughly 10% of the force of the hit, since a lot of the force is lost moving through the air and "splashing" on the target.

"So far so good I guess. No reports of wyrms coming crashing through fridges yet."
 Gorat then ignores the drama and goes to the computers.
Look if general information on FTL drives and FTL communications is available.
You search through the internet, trying to find good information amongst the uninformed stupidity.
[int:5]
It seems that FTL Communication is possible via the use of "quantum entanglement and controlled waveform collapse resulting the the transmission of binary information." Huh...yeah..makes total sense. Ahem.

The FTL travel is a lot less explained however, relying on a rather odd universal principle which has no current explanation. Simply put, it was discovered that if an object is traveling at a specific, near relativistic speed, and travels through a particular point in space- the article talks a good deal about the competing theories as to why these particular spaces exist where they do, including proximity to gravity wells and some seemingly invented laws of physics- it will cease to be in that point and appear in another point some time later.  And despite a good deal of arguing, there is still no explanation as to how this works or why.   
((Milno's got himself a tech scanner.))
(( Yeah. Cool! ))
As he finished working, Maurice looked at the picture again and stood frozen in silence for a whole minute.
I ... see. ... Well, I should have expected that. We failed our purpose that day. That disaster shall not be repeated again.
'Be competent', eh? No. Know thy Duty.
Or was it just cosmic-level irony?

Film the paintings with my suit's camera, then put them by the wall so that they can be easily observed by anyone who cares to. Return the painting supplies to the armory.

On the way there, ask:
Steve, ...  does this ship, by any chance, have a chaplain?
You have nothing to hang the paintings with, so you simply set them against the wall and return the paints.

>I believe the closest thing you'll find is Brother Lars.
Floki swaggered along down the hall, hands in the pockets of his standard-issue pants as he eyed anyone passing him.
>Find some central public area, take a look around.
You wander into the rec room and are rather surprised to find a bunch of people wandering around, many in space suits.
"I suppose it would make sense for the door to be airtight. Maybe I can hear something?"

Press ear to door, and see if I can hear anything.
You hear a vague mechanical sound, a "Wuh wuh wuh wuh".
Huh.

"Hi May."

Smoke/inhale/ingest. Everything.
You take a handful of pills and tablets and jam them into your face.

"Yeah. Yeah that's a good idea." The armory master says, shaking her head before returning to her book. "Have fun with that."

You start to feel like you might have made a mistake but then Thomas turns into a walking phallus and everything seems fine in this universe of happy purple shrimp chimps with the pink liquid cotton candy shoes and screaming parrots made of weight based shame.
((GM: Let me guess, [Will:1] means mindrape or mutation?))

Milno stared at both his gauntlet and prosthetic. It was a very strange situation, since apparently the gauntlet had granted him technical knowledge about the mechanic limb.

Try wishing the gauntlet to briefly assume some of the prosthetic's external features before turning back into its original shape.
It doesn't seem to have any effect.
It was all coming clear now.  Maybe it was the stasis.  Maybe it was the time dilation.  Maybe it was the traipsing throughout the galaxy.  Maybe it was the blow to the head during the capture.

But it was all clear now.  Why he was here.  His purpose.  His test.

Lars knew now.  He was being tested by the Gazer, and put down in a pocket reality or alternate dimension or some divine anomaly.  Here, the Gazer spoke to him through this Steve entity.  It was all clear- he must spread the word of Steve!

There was much to do.

"Yes, Lord Steve!  I will spread your message.  I am but your humble prophet."

Bow in Steve's general direction and head to the Armory.  Acquire a metal etching kit.
You do a series of bows in the general direction of everything and then head to the armory and ask for a metal etching kit, ignoring the woman in the clear chested dress who is batting at air.

"Chemical etching or physical tools?" the armory master asks.

Duck and parry Doc's blows. When an opening appears, Counter.
[dex:2]
[doc dex:5]
The Doctor easily slips through your guard and proceeds to wack you in the throat with the flat of his knife before stepping back.

"Hmm, defense needs work."

(Counter: Roll intuition rather then dex while trying to defend from an attack. If your intuition roll is higher then their dex, you gain an automatic, very powerful blow. However, if their dexterity is higher then your intuition they gain an automatic hit.)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: September 23, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »

Thank you, Steve. Is Brother Lars a part of the regular crew or ..? Oh, and where could I find him?
Also, ask the armory master:
I noticed that there is a number of amplifiers with no corresponding field manipulators of the same 'powers', and vice versa. Does it mean that there is actually a difference in what these two categories of devices are capable of, or do the 'missing' amplifiers and field manipulators exist and are simply omitted from the list for some reason?
Also, in your professional opinion, is there a way to speed up the use of a field manipulator and remove the need of manually pressing the buttons? Say, connection by cable or something? In the end, that's not modifying the manipulator per se, it's only changing the means of data input - and, I suppose, that's pretty much how the computer is hooked up to it in the case of the automated manipulators, isn't it?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:18:59 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: September 23, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »

Try out the strongest pistons I can use that won't be too unwieldy to carry or damage the amp on use.

Then do that again, but assuming someone in a battlesuit as a wielder rather than a normal exoskeleton.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: September 23, 2012, 06:34:32 pm »

Remove the shaped charge and see if the launcher can accelerate loose razors on their own, without internal damage. If so, contain them in a non-ferrous, non-magnetic container with a removable cap at the front. If not, make a simple 50mm ferrous slug.

Test both against the same three targets.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: September 23, 2012, 06:52:16 pm »

Floki narrowed his eyes, taking in the room before him.
'Well, here we are. Time to make a good first impression. Scare these bastards off.'

Eager to make a name for himself in this place and cement his reputation as a tough-as-nails sonofabitch, "Boots" Floki strode over to the two tables to one side, shooting a challenging glare at those nearby as he grabbed up a bat in one scarred fist.

>Prove myself as a total badass by challenging any-and-all comers to a game of... TABLE TENNIS.

He adds, with a slight smirk, "Prison Rules, y'know."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: September 23, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »

((Hint- Brother Lars is wearing a robe.))

Lars pondered for a second.

"Physical.  Better to make it a labor of love than convenience.  Rome-12 wasn't built in a day!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: September 23, 2012, 07:25:56 pm »

Get high.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: September 23, 2012, 07:30:48 pm »

((Hint- Brother Lars is wearing a robe.))
((I know. Maurice doesn't.

Also, I love how the Armory Master (and, to lesser extent, the rest of us convicts) is perfectly capable of having several simultaneous conversations. :P ))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:32:35 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: September 23, 2012, 07:34:02 pm »

"Oh dear, look at the time, I'm late!"

Ride my dolphin to Princess Cupcake's Fascist Diamond Bootyshake Champsionship XII.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 2101