_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924113 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7545 on: September 22, 2012, 04:36:43 am »

"That is a bother. Would have been useful in similar situations, but I guess I don't need to bother going to the science lab then, that was the most important of my questions. I think I saw a tinker program when I did my simulations, so that should solve my fibertronic needs if I can find someone to assemble things if they work out... oh right, are there any limitation on amps? They do take up space in my skull."

Go to the rec room, watch TV for news. Especially look if there is some sort of shadow outbreak on the world we last visited.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: September 22, 2012, 04:52:18 am »

Well, thanks nonetheless.
Go to the rec room and find a suitable place to work. Try painting a picture of the Tower as we saw it (half-shrouded in darkness).
((On an unrelated note, do the conventional weapons installed on a vehicle take the pilot's Con or Aux skill to fire? And, generally, at what point does the conventional weapon with a computer strapped to it start using Aux instead of Con? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: September 22, 2012, 06:37:27 am »

Go to the armory master and ask whether there is sandworm available and also ask for spices that can be used to season the sandworm.
"Why does everyone keep asking about sandworms and spice? Sandworms taste like crap."

Lukas taps his foot impatiently. "Spaceworm tastes like crap? Seriously? Give me ten minutes with a spaceworm and the right spices and I'll serve you the best spaceworm you ever ate."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: September 22, 2012, 06:44:41 am »

"I am going for a nap, when i wake i shall get MY VENGENCE!"

This is a lie instead I shall go to the A.M. and ask,

"Your good with manipulators right?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: September 22, 2012, 07:18:22 am »

Permanently open faceplate.
[str:5+1]
You grab your faceplate and jam it up as the servos screech and pop. It crunches into place at the top, permanently stuck in place.
((I forgot to ask, but is there some kind of barrier between the faceplate and the outside?

Also, no decompensators for...natural strength, or will it be set to +/- 1 to a 5? It's natural strength.  :-\))

Feyri nodded after a long time of silent composure. She was always fascinated with the weaponry of old, being the progenitor of all the technology of today. Now, she held one in her hands.

Stifling a squee, she emulated the duel rites back in the day.

Feint, then thrust @ Jim!

((SC: I believe you hate my timezone? I do. Because I believe it hinders our progress  :'())

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: September 22, 2012, 08:10:30 am »

((SC: I believe you hate my timezone? I do. Because I believe it hinders our progress  :'())

(I don't mind it as much as I would have eight years ago. I've learned to deal with that sort of thing. :P Also, kind of my turn to hold you up; as I said yesterday, I'm going to be gone for the weekend starting in about... fifteen, twenty minutes? I don't know if where I'm staying will have internet access or not, but I'll be back in like 36 hours or something anyway even if it doesn't.

@Caellath: If it isn't a bother, and I'm unable to log on at all, would you mind dueling Tir for a bit while I'm away? ^^^; )
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: September 22, 2012, 08:20:44 am »

(I don't mind it as much as I would have eight years ago. I've learned to deal with that sort of thing. :P Also, kind of my turn to hold you up; as I said yesterday, I'm going to be gone for the weekend starting in about... fifteen, twenty minutes? I don't know if where I'm staying will have internet access or not, but I'll be back in like 36 hours or something anyway even if it doesn't.

@Caellath: If it isn't a bother, and I'm unable to log on at all, would you mind dueling Tir for a bit while I'm away? ^^^; )
((^^

And then Caellath controlled Jim's actions.

I trust he won't do anything OOC. Also, 8 years? You've lived in Bay12 for only 2 an...oh.

OH.

Take your time, friend. I'll be RP'ing on the glory of this sword. And your sword.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: September 22, 2012, 08:29:04 am »

(Technically I've been RPing/writing online for fourteen years. XD Ah, good old AOL, 56k modem, and the RP chatrooms... And I don't think Caellath will do anything OOC, although I do worry he might do something a little too IC. :P See y'all sometime tomorrow! ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: September 22, 2012, 09:09:11 am »

((See ya, SC!))

Light up a bluesmoke and start looking around for anyone who I don't know and is just standing around.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: September 22, 2012, 10:11:35 am »

"Miss, is that all the tokens I have?"
If so, head on to the rec room, and numb the brain with TV and drugs. If not, purchase whichever compensator can be afforded. Pour all the money into it, buying multiple if possible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: September 22, 2012, 10:23:13 am »

Quote from: AM
"I would say you could pretty much swing into a crowd around here and hit nothing but dummies. But we don't really have any have any dummies, at least nothing special. If you just want something non-living I can get you a chunk of metal or something."
"I will take both that and access to an airlock. I think they're resilient enough to resist anything I may be able to cause with this gauntlet."

Take the chunk of metal to an airlock.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: September 22, 2012, 10:50:39 am »

"Right. Forgot about that. You know what I think I'll just wait here."

Wait for the Doc.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7557 on: September 22, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »

What if I... but wait, no... maybe with some... or maybe not...
Keep thinking.  There has to be some way to insulate the suit, right?

"Fish paste... cork... some guy standing next to me with a lightning rod... a metric ton of elastic bands... damn!"
[int:3]
Uhhhummm Well...A lightning rod might actually work...assuming of course that they hit you in the head or there abouts...

Poke around the back of the infirmary.

The door to the back of the infirmary continues to be locked.

((Oh good, mystery solved. Well, resolved, at least.))

See how feasible it becomes using arm-mounted pistons on an exoskeleton frame.

Also check the range on the standard model, and how much the force supplied affects that.

Arm mounted pistons on a exoskeleton? Yeah thats perfectly reasonable.  As per "Range on the standard model" I'm not sure what you're talking about. Arm pistons don't really have a standard model.

"That is a bother. Would have been useful in similar situations, but I guess I don't need to bother going to the science lab then, that was the most important of my questions. I think I saw a tinker program when I did my simulations, so that should solve my fibertronic needs if I can find someone to assemble things if they work out... oh right, are there any limitation on amps? They do take up space in my skull."

Go to the rec room, watch TV for news. Especially look if there is some sort of shadow outbreak on the world we last visited.

You scan through the news looking for something about a shadowy holocaust descending on the planet you just left, but find nothing.

Well, thanks nonetheless.
Go to the rec room and find a suitable place to work. Try painting a picture of the Tower as we saw it (half-shrouded in darkness).
((On an unrelated note, do the conventional weapons installed on a vehicle take the pilot's Con or Aux skill to fire? And, generally, at what point does the conventional weapon with a computer strapped to it start using Aux instead of Con? ))
[handi:6-1]
You paint a stunningly realistic image of the Tower.

(Well, in general, if the pilot is still aiming then it's still his con skill. If he's, say, marking a target using a computer then thats Aux. And something like the gunner bot doesn't use any of his skills, just the bonuses of it's weapons for range.)

Go to the armory master and ask whether there is sandworm available and also ask for spices that can be used to season the sandworm.
"Why does everyone keep asking about sandworms and spice? Sandworms taste like crap."

Lukas taps his foot impatiently. "Spaceworm tastes like crap? Seriously? Give me ten minutes with a spaceworm and the right spices and I'll serve you the best spaceworm you ever ate."
"Oh, that reminds me." The armory master says, pressing a button on the intercom next to her desk

"Bring the stuff in. Yeah, that stuff."

"I am going for a nap, when i wake i shall get MY VENGENCE!"

This is a lie instead I shall go to the A.M. and ask,

"Your good with manipulators right?"
"Better with amps, but yes, I'm good with manipulators."

Permanently open faceplate.
[str:5+1]
You grab your faceplate and jam it up as the servos screech and pop. It crunches into place at the top, permanently stuck in place.
((I forgot to ask, but is there some kind of barrier between the faceplate and the outside?

Also, no decompensators for...natural strength, or will it be set to +/- 1 to a 5? It's natural strength.  :-\))

Feyri nodded after a long time of silent composure. She was always fascinated with the weaponry of old, being the progenitor of all the technology of today. Now, she held one in her hands.

Stifling a squee, she emulated the duel rites back in the day.

Feint, then thrust @ Jim!

There is a clear visor, so you can have your faceplate up and still be sealed. And yeah, there are decompensators for strength. There's decompensators for everything.

Jim continues to wait at the ready with the cutlass to parry her attack.
[feyri dex:2+1]
[jim dex:3+1]
Feyri faints a blow and then charges in, thrusting her massive blade at Jim. Jim counters, slapping the thrust away with the flat of his blade and taking a cautious step forward.

((See ya, SC!))

Light up a bluesmoke and start looking around for anyone who I don't know and is just standing around.
You strike the cigarette against the wall and start wandering around, leaving a trail of blue smoke behind you. You can't find anyone you've never seen before though, it seems like they all left to do the most recent mission.

"Miss, is that all the tokens I have?"
If so, head on to the rec room, and numb the brain with TV and drugs. If not, purchase whichever compensator can be afforded. Pour all the money into it, buying multiple if possible.
You head to the rec room and flop down on the floor in front of the tv. Huh, some sort of crime drama about interstellar gangsters. Oh, now they're arguing over how unreasonable their crime empire is considering the massive costs of long range space travel. How meta.

Quote from: AM
"I would say you could pretty much swing into a crowd around here and hit nothing but dummies. But we don't really have any have any dummies, at least nothing special. If you just want something non-living I can get you a chunk of metal or something."
"I will take both that and access to an airlock. I think they're resilient enough to resist anything I may be able to cause with this gauntlet."

Take the chunk of metal to an airlock.

You take the large block of steel the armory master gives you to the airlock.

A group of maintenance men pours out of the Maintenance door in the rec room, pushing dollies of furniture and appliances. They go about setting up a stove/oven, a refrigerator, a cabinet of various cookware and other kitchen accouterments in one corner of the room. They also drag in a new couch and shove it next to the tv. Then they disappear, like home renovation gnomes, back behind the door.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: September 22, 2012, 03:15:50 pm »

((I meant the range on the gauntlet I'd already devised. How far does the shockwave effectively travel?))

Test new piston-amp-shockwave things on various targets, compare their range and power to the normal hand-mounted gauntlets.

While I'm at it, call up a battlesuit and compare its weight to that of a MkIII. What kind of forces would be needed to allow it to fly?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: September 22, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »

Take off the VR helmet and yell "Hey, anyone have any ideas on how to electrically insulate our suits?" then continue trying to think of something.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 2101