_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933261 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #6945 on: September 12, 2012, 02:44:23 pm »

((Logic demands you try out the ampchucks.))

Hmm... not good.

Hard reverse!  Keep firing!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: September 12, 2012, 02:52:46 pm »

Add 2 more hand lasers and hook them up to the same generators as the rest and then space them around the outside of the bot.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: September 12, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »

Hmm, only problem with that is that getting it into a stream might break it up into such small particles that they burn up before reaching their target. Are you married to thermite or do you just want a stream of very hot stuff? Because, say, a white hot spray of molten metal could work if you just want long range hot pain.

That or maybe make it so the gun shoots globs of the thermite.

Well, i pretty much settled for thermite because it's pretty good at eating through armor and hard surfaces, making it useful for both combat and, say, opening a door (as we've seen that simple brute force isn't always reliable). I wouldn't be against using a jet of molten metal/rocket fuel or whatever, but I'd like to keep the whole anti armor thing going.

Unless it's possible to get thermite in a kind of...aerosol..spray...thingy

Lets go with that, switch the supersoaker's ammo to molten metal/rocket fuel (whichever would work best) and try to get a small cannister with thermite that you can spray.

((You want something that eats through stuff, I give you chemical that can burn through asbestos, ceramic, in a vacuum, impossible to extinguish, toxic, produces hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid as it burns, and is all-around nasty. It can be safely stored in containers made of basic metals, copper, iron, etc., but once it's lit up, they'll be incinerated like anything else, or melted by the former acid. The latter acid is mainly good against organics.

ClF3.))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:38:43 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: September 12, 2012, 03:38:15 pm »

(( Pretty much maybe with him getting the soldiers in the trench morale up and helping.))

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:53:08 pm by Tavik Toth »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: September 12, 2012, 03:50:23 pm »

Hmm, only problem with that is that getting it into a stream might break it up into such small particles that they burn up before reaching their target. Are you married to thermite or do you just want a stream of very hot stuff? Because, say, a white hot spray of molten metal could work if you just want long range hot pain.

Well, i pretty much settled for thermite because it's pretty good at eating through armor and hard surfaces, making it useful for both combat and, say, opening a door (as we've seen that simple brute force isn't always reliable). I wouldn't be against using a jet of molten metal/rocket fuel or whatever, but I'd like to keep the whole anti armor thing going.

Unless it's possible to get thermite in a kind of...aerosol..spray...thingy

Lets go with that, switch the supersoaker's ammo to molten metal/rocket fuel (whichever would work best) and try to get a small cannister with thermite that you can spray.

((You want something that eats through stuff, I give you chemical that can burn through asbestos, ceramic, in a vacuum, impossible to extinguish, toxic, produces hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid as it burns, and is all-around nasty. It can be safely stored in containers made of basic metals, copper, iron, etc., but once it's lit up, they'll be incinerated like anything else, or melted by the former acid. The latter acid is mainly good against organics.

ClF3.))

((So are you saying that this acid is extremely corrosive, AND can be put on fire?
Also, thanks for the help))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: September 12, 2012, 03:50:48 pm »

You are about to explain to the man why he is wrong when someone hucks part of a couch at him.

Hmm this is a bit of a pickle. The other person attacked him first, but now he's beating her up. Hmmm what is the morally correct thing to do here...

'Goddammit, I'm surrounded by idiots. Agh!'
While glancing over to bishop: 'Hey, Bishop it was, right? Could you help me contain these two jokers? I'll take our resident gentleman here.'

While looking to the ceiling: 'Hey Steve, shock these two for me, will ya?'

Then, regardless of Steve shocking them, pin the male one to the floor, look into his eyes, grin widely and say: 'Hey, you knew these jaws can bite through solid steel? 'Cause they can. Wanna see what they do to your arm? C'mon punk, make my day.'

Then, while glaring at Harry: 'Hey, you there, YOU ARE NOT HELPING. AT ALL. Get your ass over here and gimme a hand.'

If The male brawler is still fighting after this, give him a steel headbutt. If any of the two are badly hurt after all this, drag them to the infirmary. While lecturing about the scientific method, of course.

((So are you saying that this acid is extremely corrosive, AND can be put on fire?

((Pretty much, the guy is practically in love with the stuff  :P
SimusXClF3 is now my OTP.))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:20:27 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: September 12, 2012, 04:08:11 pm »

((A platonic love, I'd say, unless she dips herself completely in Chem-off.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: September 12, 2012, 04:38:18 pm »

((A platonic love, I'd say, unless she dips herself completely in Chem-off.))

((Hey, so far I haven't had any real accidents with the stuff, and the one weapon (ammo, really) I've made with it has so many safety feature it's extremely improbable that I could catch Simus with it.

No guarantees about team members, though. Then again, unless you're right in front of what I'm trying to kill with it, which is always going to be ~15 meters or more away from me, you shouldn't have a problem either. Besides, as a grenade, I can lob it over the group, walls, whatever if needs be. And I have a manual control over arming, so if you would be hit, I can disarm it before impact.

Also, who doesn't like such a highly dangerous, volatile chemical?

It's not acid itself, it produces acids as it reacts. Also, it will be set on fire by air, so you'll want to be filling them tanks in an airlock. It's that hypergolic.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: September 12, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »

Ok, repeat the process for the other arm.  I now have two short-range one-off dart guns attached to my forearms that can be fired with a voice command.  Activation phrase is "(right/left) arm medicinal delivery service activate".
Fill a pair of regular darts with a mix of anti-shock, coagulant, and painkiller meds.  Place them in the MDS system, save it, then load it in Duel.  As before, spawn a non-hostile man, injure him, then back up a short way and shoot him with a dart.

(I probably won't need more than two shots, considering it's for use on unarmoured civilians, not armoured teammates, and how many civilians do we want to save?.  The system is ridiculously situational, so it should be fine.)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: September 12, 2012, 04:46:59 pm »

Attack! Attack his trigger arm!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6955 on: September 12, 2012, 05:08:38 pm »

Dodge. Strangle into submission from behind to avoid a significant counterattack.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6956 on: September 12, 2012, 06:54:05 pm »

((Both.))
Hmm whats your plan? Because burning through is basically more concentrated melting.

"Yeah! Make the other one regret they were ever born and stuff!"
Stomp the ground rhythmically and clap to contribute to the fighting spirit. Be the best male cheerleader I can be!
"Hey, Chompers, use the teeth! USE THE TEETH!"
You spaz out, but you spaz out WITH SPIRIT! JAZZ HANDS!

EDIT: pyrodesu told me about ClF3? Would that work, and if it does, would the supersoaker still be considered a new prototype? And would molten metal still be effective against armor like thermite?  Also, I would still like to try to get thermite-gel in a spray can.

Well, he's already doing clf3 tests (poorly I might add) you're kinda out of luck there. Not to mention you may not want to be spraying that shit around yourself and your teammates considering it is basically flaming acid poison.

As per thermite, I believe, stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it do damage simply because it's very fucking hot? If so then molten metal of the temp would do roughly the same thing. Though you always have the problem that a thin stream of anything cools faster because of the surface area. Now, if you were to say, mix thermite with some sort of gel agent you could create a substance that would let you both fire globs of burning thermite. It would also let you spread it on things, kind of like that spray you were talking about.

((Logic demands you try out the ampchucks.))

Hmm... not good.

Hard reverse!  Keep firing!
[con:5+1]
You keep sweeping your laser back and forth as you retreat, but the altered just keep coming; for each one you cut down another dozen take it's place.
[dex:4]
You jump out of the lasertrack as one puts a 3 foot claw straight through it's metal plating and another bites through the barrel of the laser.

Add 2 more hand lasers and hook them up to the same generators as the rest and then space them around the outside of the bot.
You space the lasers out evenly over the outer ring.

Ok, repeat the process for the other arm.  I now have two short-range one-off dart guns attached to my forearms that can be fired with a voice command.  Activation phrase is "(right/left) arm medicinal delivery service activate".
Fill a pair of regular darts with a mix of anti-shock, coagulant, and painkiller meds.  Place them in the MDS system, save it, then load it in Duel.  As before, spawn a non-hostile man, injure him, then back up a short way and shoot him with a dart.

(I probably won't need more than two shots, considering it's for use on unarmoured civilians, not armoured teammates, and how many civilians do we want to save?.  The system is ridiculously situational, so it should be fine.)
You want that to be perfect shot or your skills?

Dodge. Strangle into submission from behind to avoid a significant counterattack.

You are about to explain to the man why he is wrong when someone hucks part of a couch at him.

Hmm this is a bit of a pickle. The other person attacked him first, but now he's beating her up. Hmmm what is the morally correct thing to do here...

'Goddammit, I'm surrounded by idiots. Agh!'
While glancing over to bishop: 'Hey, Bishop it was, right? Could you help me contain these two jokers? I'll take our resident gentleman here.'

While looking to the ceiling: 'Hey Steve, shock these two for me, will ya?'

Then, regardless of Steve shocking them, pin the male one to the floor, look into his eyes, grin widely and say: 'Hey, you knew these jaws can bite through solid steel? 'Cause they can. Wanna see what they do to your arm? C'mon punk, make my day.'

Then, while glaring at Harry: 'Hey, you there, YOU ARE NOT HELPING. AT ALL. Get your ass over here and gimme a hand.'

If The male brawler is still fighting after this, give him a steel headbutt. If any of the two are badly hurt after all this, drag them to the infirmary. While lecturing about the scientific method, of course.

NUTPUNCH TIME!

[havel dex:2]
[Karen dex:6]
[Miyamoto dex:6]

[havel dex:1]
[Karen dex:3]
[Miyamoto dex:2]

[havel end:3]

Miyamoto's headbutt sails uselessly over Havel's shoulder while Karen's nutpunch strikes hip instead. Havel grunts and falls to the side, laying in the aisle between two tables with Miyamoto on his back.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: September 12, 2012, 06:58:47 pm »

One of each, why not?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: September 12, 2012, 07:02:01 pm »

Run a virtual test of all systems to ensure the drone will function perfectly. Then run a test to see how much damage its armor can absorb and how effective the bots weapons are against a MK III suit.
If it functions properly request permission to be connected to another convicts war simulation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:05:02 pm by mesor »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: September 12, 2012, 07:04:52 pm »

((I need a laser capable of cutting armor plate quickly, or failing that, being able to get it hot enough to weaken the plate. If you remember the idea I had about the Breacher weapon, I was going to use a laser to cut, or weaken a piece of armor to the point where a modified gauss round could penetrate/destroy it. Hence the name "Breacher".))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 2101