_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937481 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6450 on: September 02, 2012, 10:45:38 pm »

Head to the mess hall, order myself a random selection of slop.  Then sit down and do some more experimentation.
First, chop off one of my own fingers and place the equivalent finger from Cloud on the stump.  If nothing happens, throw it away and put my own finger back, if it gets fused to the stump, chop it off and place the original finger in its place.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6451 on: September 02, 2012, 11:30:11 pm »

Attempt to rig the hand laser onto a makeshift shoulder mount that has an in-line to the suit's power source in order to amplify the weapon's range and lifetime. Then create a subroutine on the suit's HUD and program the laser to allow me to designate visible targets to be tracked and fired upon for a specified duration. When successful, test the prototype on simulated hostiles for software bugs, being careful to take note of any malignant effects to be had upon overall suit efficiency.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:32:50 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: September 02, 2012, 11:35:45 pm »

Okay, so my magic powers include ashification, meat stealing, meat sculpture, moving stuff by will alone, making people foam at the mouth and collapse and impromptu hanging. What else?
Try to sense the location and current activity of that nurse who blew me off when I first went to the infirmary. If successful, try scanning her thoughts. Try to get an accurate current image of the room she's in.
((Edited because all of the teammates I know are in the rec room.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:06:08 am by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: September 03, 2012, 12:15:00 am »

Saves this change then looks to see if there's a way i can make it more efficient so i can get more shots out of each clip.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: September 03, 2012, 12:16:48 am »

Look for more possible mission related stuff in the news.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: September 03, 2012, 02:22:27 am »

((Hehe, it's getting a bit hard to keep up with the pace and to understand what the hell is going on at the ship thread.))

Lukas moves to the mess hall to see who is there.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: September 03, 2012, 05:37:26 am »

You take the suit, ignoring the smell of death on it, and put it on. That done you head out to the rec room and sit down in a vr machine. You pull up a MK II suit and look and see if you can find any hidden bells and whistles.

[aux:1+1]

hmm, you can't see anything special.

'Hmm, and here I was hoping that instructional video from before would've unlocked the secrets of this thing. Darn, will have to try again.'

((So yeah, question, does that bonus I got from that video to modifying suits count in VR to? ))
Break apart the suit piece by piece, trying to learn more about the workings of the suit. Then try again to find hidden features or possible new usages for the suit or its components.

Also inquire to the tinker program if people have done modifications on suits before, soft- or hardware.

((Also, I really hope next mission is in a stable atmosphere, otherwise I won't be making much use of those jaws of mine  :'( ))

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:21:23 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: September 03, 2012, 07:41:55 am »

Melee, short, medium, long, extreme

Here are a few examples. <...>
(( Sure, sounds good. Seems that the long and extended ranges now really mean 'quite far away', given the stats, which is good. Just asking - why is the extended range N/A for the gauss rifle? Or does it take into account the presence of an atmosphere as well?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:10 am »

((I'd assume a gauss rifle isn't exactly pin point accurate due to spread and human error. At some point it just becomes near impossible to hit a target. Try taking a hunting rifle and hitting a target a mile or more away))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:40:50 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: September 03, 2012, 10:58:57 am »

"Affirmitive."

Time to drop

((The Avatar of war is fun.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:14:45 pm by Tavik Toth »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6460 on: September 03, 2012, 05:32:50 pm »

Head to the mess hall, order myself a random selection of slop.  Then sit down and do some more experimentation.
First, chop off one of my own fingers and place the equivalent finger from Cloud on the stump.  If nothing happens, throw it away and put my own finger back, if it gets fused to the stump, chop it off and place the original finger in its place.

You grab yourself a pile of healing food and then set about scientifically maiming yourself. You lop off a finger and immediately try to jam the corpse's finger onto the stump. The regrowing flesh actually seems to dissolve the dead flesh, melting and pushing it away. Hmm.

Attempt to rig the hand laser onto a makeshift shoulder mount that has an in-line to the suit's power source in order to amplify the weapon's range and lifetime. Then create a subroutine on the suit's HUD and program the laser to allow me to designate visible targets to be tracked and fired upon for a specified duration. When successful, test the prototype on simulated hostiles for software bugs, being careful to take note of any malignant effects to be had upon overall suit efficiency.
You scavenge the guts out of the handlaser and just wire them straight into the suit's power system before attaching the laser itself onto a shoulder mounted gimble platform. You decide to test out the base weapon before moving on to the programs for it.

You spawn a target and align the laser manually before ordering it to fire. It immediately shorts out, the wires burning and the actual laser emitter melting down onto your shoulder.

Okay, so my magic powers include ashification, meat stealing, meat sculpture, moving stuff by will alone, making people foam at the mouth and collapse and impromptu hanging. What else?
Try to sense the location and current activity of that nurse who blew me off when I first went to the infirmary. If successful, try scanning her thoughts. Try to get an accurate current image of the room she's in.
((Edited because all of the teammates I know are in the rec room.))
[will:5]
You get the distinct feeling the nurse is in the infirmary, though you're not really sure how  or why you feel that way.

[will:4]
You try to get into her head, to hear what she's thinking. You get a momentary thought about having to change a bedpan but then it becomes nothing but panicked screaming.

You feel like there's something fluttering in your lungs.

Saves this change then looks to see if there's a way i can make it more efficient so i can get more shots out of each clip.
It looks like higher quality wiring might get you a bit more efficiency, but not a whole lot.

Look for more possible mission related stuff in the news.
You flip around for several minutes, looking for something incredibly fatal. Something that isn't a gameshow. You don't find anything.

((Hehe, it's getting a bit hard to keep up with the pace and to understand what the hell is going on at the ship thread.))

Lukas moves to the mess hall to see who is there.
You lumber into the rec room and look around. Mesk is at a table, cutting off his own fingers,Bishop is watching tv, and tons of people you don't know are wandering around. It's a mad house! A MAD HOUSE!

You take the suit, ignoring the smell of death on it, and put it on. That done you head out to the rec room and sit down in a vr machine. You pull up a MK II suit and look and see if you can find any hidden bells and whistles.

[aux:1+1]

hmm, you can't see anything special.

'Hmm, and here I was hoping that instructional video from before would've unlocked the secrets of this thing. Darn, will have to try again.'

((So yeah, question, does that bonus I got from that video to modifying suits count in VR to? ))
Break apart the suit piece by piece, trying to learn more about the workings of the suit. Then try again to find hidden features or possible new usages for the suit or its components.

Also inquire to the tinker program if people have done modifications on suits before, soft- or hardware.

((Also, I really hope next mission is in a stable atmosphere, otherwise I won't be making much use of those jaws of mine  :'( ))

(that bonus only applies for actually modifying or repairing, not looking up any hidden features. Also, you can't reroll to look for them again unless something changes, ie you get new information about what you're looking for or something similar)

It looks like there are several people who have logged designs that change something on the Mk series of suits. Most of the schematics appear to be locked though.

Melee, short, medium, long, extreme

Here are a few examples. <...>
(( Sure, sounds good. Seems that the long and extended ranges now really mean 'quite far away', given the stats, which is good. Just asking - why is the extended range N/A for the gauss rifle? Or does it take into account the presence of an atmosphere as well?))
Well, the ranges assume earth like gravity and atmosphere, so if the longer ranges are NA it means that:
1.The shot simply won't make it that far, even angled in a parabola.
2.By the time it makes it that far it won't have enough energy to do anything
3.It will become so inaccurate as to be no better then random.

Or any combination there of.

"Affirmitive."

Time to drop

((The Avatar of war is fun.))
A red light blinks on beside you and a klaxon sounds for an instant and then you're falling. Your gravity parachute activates a few seconds later, practically nullifying your weight but not slowing your fall. You land almost daintily, barely causing a splash in the muddy, blood soaked soil. You take a look around you, idly brushing off a few man sized altered that are crawling up your leg. The drop wasn't great; you're off target, the front is almost a mile ahead of you. Nothing out here but stragglers and corpses.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6461 on: September 03, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »

Reset to the initial testing conditions. Perform the procedure once more without firing the weapon and then determine what went wrong. Checking the wiring job is the priority at present, and this time utilise a method that is slightly less direct and graft in regulators on the line to the power source to discourage another meltdown. Inquire to the Tinker Program while uploading the procedure as to whether or not more durable wiring would produce a more favourable outcome and how I may acquire some. Afterwards, attempt the procedure undertaken on the hand laser on a simulated laser rifle, which may be able to better withstand the strain on its hardware.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:36:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: September 03, 2012, 06:26:09 pm »

(( Ah, sure. Thanks for pointing out. Looking forward to using these new ranges :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: September 03, 2012, 07:01:03 pm »

Reset to the initial testing conditions. Perform the procedure once more without firing the weapon and then determine what went wrong. Checking the wiring job is the priority at present, and this time utilise a method that is slightly less direct and graft in regulators on the line to the power source to discourage another meltdown. Inquire to the Tinker Program while uploading the procedure as to whether or not more durable wiring would produce a more favourable outcome and how I may acquire some. Afterwards, attempt the procedure undertaken on the hand laser on a simulated laser rifle, which may be able to better withstand the strain on its hardware.

((I do believe we've caught another good tinkerin' man. It'll be neat once you put that together and go on a mission with it. Free prototyping is so useful for live exercises, eh?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: September 03, 2012, 07:26:27 pm »

Save all the modifications then take them to the AM and request that my rifle be upgraded with all 3
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 2101