_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938155 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: It's like Monkey's Paw, the RTD
« Reply #6210 on: August 31, 2012, 03:20:21 am »

Examine body, especially mouth and jaws, in great detail.
'Hey doc, what exactly did you do?'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: August 31, 2012, 06:13:34 am »

(( Sorry im such a pest with all these questions guys i keep coming up with new idea's to try out in the future. Would it be possible once ive got round to getting a computer system capable of linking an AI directly into my brain for my brain to support multiple AI at the same time safely? I dont care if it'll make me completely insane with multiple personality's just as long as it can be done with without killing me.
I actually hope it does make me insane because right now my characters a socially challenged computer nerd and nothing else.
So sharing hes body with multiple AI all of whom are capable of controlling he's body would make him much more interesting. ))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:17:19 am by mesor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: August 31, 2012, 06:38:49 am »

((Baby steps, man, baby steps. You should first attempt to find out if even one extra AI in your brain won't fry your nervous system, and only then try to put in multiple ones. Otherwise, you might end up in a situation where one AI controls your speech, another is in charge of your motor functions and yet another one is quietly messing with your logic-parts. And they all hate each other. You know the old saying - too many cooks make your brain explode.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: August 31, 2012, 06:49:21 am »

((He makes a good point. Getting your brain fried is really bad. And if it does happen, then it's something the doctors can't fix either. Think carefully before messing with your character's brain, because if something changes in it, almost nothing will be able to reverse it.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: August 31, 2012, 06:58:06 am »

(( Hmm maybe massive upgrades to my suit is a better idea for the additional AI then and stick just the most important 1 into my brain. Atleast until i can add more safely. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: August 31, 2012, 07:01:05 am »

((I do have to question the actual usefulness of having an AI in your brain. It's not like it's likely to make a person smarter - just another program clogging up your precious hardware. You'd probably need severe brain modifications (mostly capacity expansions, which would require to make your metabolism more efficient) to get some use out of it, and at that point you're probably better off just carrying a portable AI unit with you. Although I can think of certain brain modifications that could potentially be useful even for your own mind (sans extra intelligences), such as improved signal transmission speeds, and could be worth looking into.
Also, massive suit upgrading is best saved for the MK III suits, which are like the MK II, except better in every conceivable way. And they can fly. And improve your strength and endurance.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:13:42 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: August 31, 2012, 07:30:24 am »

((Yeah, MKIII suits come with all the stuff in a MKII as well as a free exoskeleton, free rockets and extra options for customization. Though, if you make improvements to your MKI, then you would probably be able to remove them and install them into a MKIII with probably no problem at all. Only real downsides are having the exoskeleton computer damaged, which would then mangle you inside your suit, carrying large pods of highly explosive fuel on your back and a definite lack of armor for protection. Most of these can be negated with modification though, I would imagine.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: August 31, 2012, 07:34:18 am »

(( Ill test a basic version of the upgrades on the lower version of it to ensure it works. And i want one in my brain to increase its processing power. In time im intending to make 4 different AI. An auxilary specalist , a wet ware specalist , a weapon and armor specalist. The last is harder ill need some1 good at handiwork to make a custom bot shaped as a hawk to double as a scout and also some assistance in a fight. But this is all going to be very difficult and time consuming to do. ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: August 31, 2012, 07:45:20 am »

((I do have to question the actual usefulness of having an AI in your brain. It's not like it's likely to make a person smarter - just another program clogging up your precious hardware. You'd probably need severe brain modifications (mostly capacity expansions, which would require to make your metabolism more efficient) to get some use out of it, and at that point you're probably better off just carrying a portable AI unit with you. Although I can think of certain brain modifications that could potentially be useful even for your own mind (sans extra intelligences), such as improved signal transmission speeds, and could be worth looking into.
Also, massive suit upgrading is best saved for the MK III suits, which are like the MK II, except better in every conceivable way. And they can fly. And improve your strength and endurance.))

((Our neural hardware is actually fairly efficient, 2.2 billion megaflops, 3.5 trillion bytes of memory, and all powered by about 20 watts. All that said, there's a reason we have all of that, it's being used already. Sticking an AI in you would require putting a miniaturized supercomputer inside your skull and wiring it to your brain. Not to mention a power source.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: August 31, 2012, 08:00:38 am »

((3.5 terabytes isn't really all that much in memory terms, particularly with futuristic tech like we're dealing with here. But still, the "speed of thought" is slower than the speed of sound. This will not do. And it could conceivably be improved by improving the nerve structure somehow through genetic treatments. Perhaps make it more similar to electrical wiring.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: August 31, 2012, 09:05:07 am »

((Basically, you have to talk to the doc about how possible it might be. I personally think that sharing your head-space with an AI of some kind isn't worth the risk for only a few situational rewards.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: August 31, 2012, 09:22:07 am »

(( Mind it, that way you will never again be alone. Though, in a sense, that might be actually a goal on its own, even without regard for those 'situational rewards' - for example, even if you get a robot body and at some point it gets deactivated, you'll still have someone to talk in that all-enveloping darkness.
Though how much of a boon that is would certainly depend on the AI's personality. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: August 31, 2012, 09:38:11 am »

((Stop speculating. Start doing.

Edit: Why do I have to be dead when all the fun starts?

Anyway, why has nobody ever tried to discover how to manipulate a person's gravitational field? Or air pressure, in the least...))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:49:41 am by Tiruin »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: August 31, 2012, 09:44:39 am »

((It wouldn't be particularly IC for Timmy to start doing science, Maurice and Simus are on a mission, Miyamoto just got a whole bunch of monkey teeth and Cloud is apparently going to start doing crazy things as soon as his reasonable ideas are realized. Oh, and Bishop mostly upgrades equipment (aside from his special treatments), plus his skillset is handiwork-focused. That just about covers the whole 'doing' part of design. These speculations did start up as advice for mesor, after all.
You know, it might be useful to have a means of levitation while using a tesla saber, since at least you can't hit yourself that way.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:57:56 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: August 31, 2012, 10:45:04 am »

Go talk with mesk.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 2101