_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936066 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 7 recruiting now.
« Reply #6090 on: August 30, 2012, 08:35:26 am »

Bishop sighed in frustration before glaring at Cloud, struggling to speak calmly a little.

"Look, this is the last time I say this before we either cripple you or kill you, so listen carefully. Give me the tablet right now."

He held out a hand for the tablet with a serious look on his face.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: August 30, 2012, 08:39:01 am »

You wanted the codes
If you tell me what the codes actually are ill transfer them to you myself given that you dont know the system and i do it would go much smoother if you try you might well blow your own hand off with it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: August 30, 2012, 08:43:39 am »

((I'm thinking that having a custom-designed combat robot might not be the best idea. There's a thing about custom designs - unless you have made something really new and innovative (or simply something you can't get in the armory), the armory can provide it cheaper. The whole thing costs less than the sum of its parts, so to speak. So, if you want a combat bot, buy one from the armory. The one in the armory listing has the intelligence of a clever dog, apparently, but that could conceivably be improved. And there are other, unlisted ones. I think there may be utility bots among those as well. Therefore, I can't help but think that making a robot from scratch is inadvisable. And I also think that combat tactics are programmed into the average combat robot AI anyway.
My concept of a potentially useful robot would be like an Eyebot from Fallout, sort of like a Scout Eye, except it doesn't always (ALWAYS) crash into something (add a lightweight computer system to the design, some sensors, program some avoidance routines, pathfinding, add some way to control it, a decent propulsion and handling system, maybe throw in some armor, but not a lot of it). Of course, it would be expensive, plus you just KNOW that on the first mission it's on it will just get vaporized by either enemies or, equally probably, teammates, undoing all of your precious Handiwork rolls (that is, if you managed to make a system design backup, otherwise you'll have to redo all the Aux rolls as well). I get sad even thinking about it.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:53:36 am by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: August 30, 2012, 08:46:09 am »

(( I can always buy the standard bot then replace its AI with my own improved system. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: August 30, 2012, 09:03:21 am »

((Maybe not replace the whole AI (that would be a tall order, I think), just give it certain better software components. For instance, you could try and implement something similar to Lukas' bullseye ability - a program that calibrates your targeting to such a degree that it cannot miss (if only once a day). Or improved dodging algorithms. Or anything really. The thing about computer systems is that they can easily surpass humans in their ability to process information, but to actually achieve superhuman levels of ability (or, for that matter, achieve sentience) they need extremely good programming. Even today we could potentially make AI's many magnitudes smarter than humans - all it takes is the right know-how and sufficient ability on our part. In the future of ER, such know-how presumably exists and can be utilized.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:05:32 am by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: August 30, 2012, 09:09:07 am »

(( Hmmm once my other work is done ill have to start looking into ways to upgrade it )).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: August 30, 2012, 09:12:11 am »

((But the first order of business is always to survive the first few missions (or, in your case, ship antics). It is only afterwards that you can actually get a truly cool robot. Although there might be one available from the armory for 5 tokens or less (like a dogbot or something), I'm not really sure.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: August 30, 2012, 09:15:46 am »

(( Ill take a look later on once ive survived i dont wanna start messing with the coding on a big bot until ive tested it out. ))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: August 30, 2012, 09:17:12 am »

Lukas turns to the new guy and says "Look, I think you should listen to Bishop here, because I don't feel comfortable having you walk around the ship with that thing either, being somewhat of a machine myself." Lukas then turns to Bishop. "What about a compromise? He gives that thing to the armory master and can only get it back right before going on missions. If he wants to play around with it he can just go fuck around in the VR or something."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: August 30, 2012, 09:21:20 am »

Looks towards you
I actually had a similar idea earlier.
I was considering after giving him whatever codes it is he wants id transfer my programs to the VR and wipe them from the tablet.
Id keep the tablet with me purely so with Steve's permission i could test programs once there ready and id only keep the programs on it during missions.

Atleast until you all figure out im not trying to attack any of you.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: August 30, 2012, 09:29:44 am »

Bishop thought for a bit before relying.

"Just so you know, I don't want the codes for myself. Not really in the mood for giving Steve a reason to have me thrown out an airlock. And I know more about the system than you do apparently, since if you knew what you were doing, this would not have happened in the first place.

But alright, fine by me. Give it to the armory master then, and god help you if there's any copies. What do you think Jim? You ok with this?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: August 30, 2012, 09:33:58 am »

Sighs I meant my tablets system not Steve.
Ill still have to get it back before i leave though to test the programs before i go it'd be pointless taking it if i have no idea whether it will actually work or not but i guess ill just be a good boy and get Steve's permission first.

Now that i can get back to work Jim do you want me to write up a program that will attempt to block any access to your systems that you dont authorize?
Or see if i can find a way to upgrade any of your systems?
Bishop is there any equipment you'd like me to look into so i can see if theres a way to improve it?

Anybody else have any upgrades they'd like me to look into?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40:48 am »

((This encounter has taught me a valuable lesson: We need a cute black girl character.

What? Stop looking at me like that.))
((Hey, Karen IS black. Though I doubt she is cute so your point semi-stands.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: August 30, 2012, 09:56:50 am »

((Speaking of AIs and stuff, I had a rather interesting idea. What if you took the Armory Masters AI from the VR, then put it into your wristpad, or built a helmet that had a computer in it. You would give it a camera feed, and that would feed data to the programs environment. When you ran the AI, it would put the virtual AM into that situation, then you could see how she would handle it.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: August 30, 2012, 09:58:21 am »

(( Somehow i dont think Steve would like us playing around with the Armory Master. ))
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 2101