_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938499 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Kinder Surpise of Death
« Reply #5715 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:48 am »

Go try a different machine for a while.
You try a rowing machine.
[end:1]
You row a grand total of twice before being completely out of breath. Jim laughs at you.

"I would like to go on missions, Mr. Doctor. I've got my sentence to serve and all. I would also like to, um, not die and stuff. Yeah, I would really like that. Could you please let me go, kind Mr. Doctor, sir, I promise not to cause any trouble. Or I could cause some, if you want me to. Just say the word, and I'll do whatever you want me to. You could probably research me better if I went on missions, anyway! Just don't kill me, please?"
Timmy suddenly looks slightly stumped.
"Wait, what do you mean by not entirely human? Am I like some sort of magic mutant? 'Cause that would be cool."
((If I still have powers, I probably could turn him into ash, restrained though I am. I could also try to reform my limbs and any number of other perverse fleshcrafting tricks. I wouldn't like to harm the Doctor, though. He's my favorite NPC!))

The doctor nods, though it seems more to himself then to your barrage of pseudo-begging.
"Will leave you for now. Perhaps condition will evolve further under stress."
He undoes the straps on your arms and legs and walks to the door.
"Oh." he says, as he walks out, "Mr.Pillow. Try not to overuse such things. Dna profile matched missing crew member. Seems flesh has to come from somewhere nearby."

Roger ducks back into the trench and moves to the gauss cannon position, disregarding the shoulder wound.
You drag yourself out of the mud, hand on your wounded shoulder, and run to the gauss cannon position as best you can. Half way there the ground heaves up under your feet and knocks you to the ground as a shockwave rolls over the trench. In the distance the sky seems to glow with a new sunrise. You get up and finish your run to the cannon. The men there, 3 in total, continue working without even acknowledging your presence, the cannon hurling massive slugs every 1/3rd of a second.

Exit VR and go on a exercise machine if available.

"Steve, when the next mission is accounced I'd like to volunteer ahead of time is that ok?"

((Duel seems a bit confusing.))
(duel can be very complex or very easy. You can say something as simple as "I wanna fight Milno in a field with a laser rifle.")

You hop out of the vr machine and walk over to the exercise machines. Looks like there are plenty available, weight lifting ones, some sort of punching dummy thing, a big wall of senors with "Punchtime" stenciled on it, etc.

We need a better way to handle signups that isn't totally terrible to people in non-US timezones. I'm not sure what to do about it though.

Anyways, first things first, who here as not gone on any missions and would like to go on the next one?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: August 24, 2012, 11:07:36 am »

"Oh." he says, as he walks out, "Mr.Pillow. Try not to overuse such things. Dna profile matched missing crew member. Seems flesh has to come from somewhere nearby."
((I Have A Mouth But I Am Mr.Pillow. And still can't scream.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: August 24, 2012, 11:19:29 am »

((Ooh, ooh, me! Pick me! I haven't gone on any missions, and I live in an unfavorable timezone (GMT+2:00)! Anyway, I don't think there is a completely fair and even-handed way of handling volunteering for missions. I suppose you could allow volunteering preemptively if it's justified by the fact that the player is shafted by timezones. Maybe keep a bunch of slots open specifically for that purpose: half, maybe less of the volunteer slots can be claimed like that.))
"So I, uh, killed a man while making Mr. Pillow? That's kind of bad. Hey, wait up, Doc, exactly how inhuman am I, anyway? How have I changed?"
Upon receiving answer from the Doctor, attempt to leave and arrive back at rec room.
((So I now have an unnaturally formed fleshcrafting amp operated through willpower instead of the exotic weapons skill. Three tokens extremely well spent, I think. Also I can't help but wonder if anything was left of the schmuck who made the ultimate pillowcrafting sacrifice. Must be pretty horrible to be just walking down the hall, minding your own business when suddenly WOOP, your internal organs disappear mysteriously.))
EDIT: ((It's lucky that I didn't try to make arms, legs and a digestive system for Mr. Pillow. Otherwise we'd have a whole lot of missing crew members.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:43:52 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: August 24, 2012, 11:38:25 am »

((id like to be in the next mission, oh and my time zone is GMT-0))

Use weight lifting machine.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: August 24, 2012, 12:11:13 pm »

Search the back of the store and the surrounding area.

((One thing you can do is have mission signups be open for 24 hours, then semi-randomly fill the slots with players, favoring those who haven't been on a mission in some time and biased against those who were on the last mission.

That might work- put each name in a hat X times, where X is (1 + number of missions finished since the player last went on one)  Cap it at five or so, which is the number of entries that someone who has never been on a mission gets.  Then just draw names, chucking duplicates, until the mission slots are filled.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

I as a player was on mission 5, but my character hasn't been on any.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: August 24, 2012, 12:12:35 pm »

((I haven't been in a mission for too long, not since mission 3. I'm bad with timezones however. I live on the east coast of Australia if that helps somehow.))

"Shutup Jim, your a robot so you don't get tired so that's cheating."

Remember that I was going to go ask the doctor about what Mesk might have brought to him and how it works, then go ask him!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: August 24, 2012, 12:24:04 pm »

((That random method seems fair, yet Steve-like. It could definitely work, I think, and it would fit into the general themes of the game.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: August 24, 2012, 01:11:05 pm »

Jim merely responds with a catface.

(Also, I don't mind that method either, if PW wants to run it. Although in that case I'd recommend he just always put everyone's names in the hat. :P)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:13:07 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:17 pm »

((Well, some people are either genuinely AWOL, injured in-game, or too busy screwing around in VR to go.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: August 24, 2012, 01:22:33 pm »

(There's always the possibility of re-rolling people who are injured from previous missions or not available, and people who don't want to go can always decline.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:43 pm »

((But that would leave you with people who can and want to go in the first place, which would mean that the result would be perfectly identical to the first method, just achieved in a more roundabout way. It could also potentially create the situation common in many RTDs where the GM posts "[POSTER NAME], we're waiting on you, please post what you want to do." and stuff doesn't get moving. Sure, the flexible turn system allows for certain delays (even continued absences), but this wouldn't allow the mission to start properly and on time.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:35:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: August 24, 2012, 03:08:02 pm »

(Well, let me state it more directly then, since I was trying to be tactful: barring Jim unable to be on the mission due to injuries or whatever, always put me in the hat. :P)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5727 on: August 24, 2012, 04:03:16 pm »

((Ooh, ooh, me! Pick me! I haven't gone on any missions, and I live in an unfavorable timezone (GMT+2:00)! Anyway, I don't think there is a completely fair and even-handed way of handling volunteering for missions. I suppose you could allow volunteering preemptively if it's justified by the fact that the player is shafted by timezones. Maybe keep a bunch of slots open specifically for that purpose: half, maybe less of the volunteer slots can be claimed like that.))
"So I, uh, killed a man while making Mr. Pillow? That's kind of bad. Hey, wait up, Doc, exactly how inhuman am I, anyway? How have I changed?"
Upon receiving answer from the Doctor, attempt to leave and arrive back at rec room.
((So I now have an unnaturally formed fleshcrafting amp operated through willpower instead of the exotic weapons skill. Three tokens extremely well spent, I think. Also I can't help but wonder if anything was left of the schmuck who made the ultimate pillowcrafting sacrifice. Must be pretty horrible to be just walking down the hall, minding your own business when suddenly WOOP, your internal organs disappear mysteriously.))
EDIT: ((It's lucky that I didn't try to make arms, legs and a digestive system for Mr. Pillow. Otherwise we'd have a whole lot of missing crew members.))
You try to ask The Doctor to explain himself but he's already gone before you can get a word out. Helpful. You try to sit up [end:2] and find yourself struggling to remain conscious as pain courses through your chest and a metallic taste floods your mouth. That can't be good.

((id like to be in the next mission, oh and my time zone is GMT-0))

Use weight lifting machine.

[str:2-1]
You grunt and strain against the weight, your face going red and the veins in your neck bulging prodigiously. [end:5] You step back from the machine, gasping and sore but otherwise fine.

Search the back of the store and the surrounding area.

((One thing you can do is have mission signups be open for 24 hours, then semi-randomly fill the slots with players, favoring those who haven't been on a mission in some time and biased against those who were on the last mission.

That might work- put each name in a hat X times, where X is (1 + number of missions finished since the player last went on one)  Cap it at five or so, which is the number of entries that someone who has never been on a mission gets.  Then just draw names, chucking duplicates, until the mission slots are filled.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

I as a player was on mission 5, but my character hasn't been on any.))
You stalk your way toward the back of the shop, swinging your rifle about and constantly turning, trying to see him before he sees you. The back of the store is empty, but the door to the stockroom is ajar.

That system seems pretty good, though it could result in problems...I'll probably do some sort of hybrid of it and other things. But first things first, players who have never gone on a mission get priority. 
((I haven't been in a mission for too long, not since mission 3. I'm bad with timezones however. I live on the east coast of Australia if that helps somehow.))

"Shutup Jim, your a robot so you don't get tired so that's cheating."

Remember that I was going to go ask the doctor about what Mesk might have brought to him and how it works, then go ask him!
You slide out of the weight machine, make a few rude gestures at Jim and then wander off to the infirmary, intent on talking to the doctor. However, he doesn't seem to be around. hmm.

((Well, some people are either genuinely AWOL, injured in-game, or too busy screwing around in VR to go.))
Yeah, I'll probably ask for a list of people who are willing to go. That will remove the need of waiting for someone who is comatose/vr addicted/awol. As per injured, I'll eliminate them automatically.

((But that would leave you with people who can and want to go in the first place, which would mean that the result would be perfectly identical to the first method, just achieved in a more roundabout way. It could also potentially create the situation common in many RTDs where the GM posts "[POSTER NAME], we're waiting on you, please post what you want to do." and stuff doesn't get moving. Sure, the flexible turn system allows for certain delays (even continued absences), but this wouldn't allow the mission to start properly and on time.))
True.

So lets see, we've got karen, jack, roger, timmy and andrew who have never been on a mission. You guys all good for going on the next one? Bishop has been out for a while and he's a regular poster so he'll be in if he wants. Is there anyone who has been out for a long time/died rather disappointingly early in their last mission?

Also I should probably put a list up of how many missions you've all done, just to keep track. Post your mission totals if you know'em.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:01 pm »

Go to the armoury to see if they have a book on guns.

((Ya, I'm good to go.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: August 24, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »

((Yeah, good to go throw a bomb and punch peolple in the face :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 2101