_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938747 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Kinder Surpise of Death
« Reply #5685 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:15 am »

((I do remember there being something about laser rifles and gauss rifles being ridiculously overproduced, explaining their really low prices. The same probably applies to the heavy gauss cannon and several other weapons - they're so common that they get sold for about 75% off, while the separately available parts cost more due to being new or something.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: August 23, 2012, 10:33:09 am »

((if only I had 4 tokens. Oh and what does my character look like?))

See if the rifle can be turned into a bomb if possible, if not see if the power of the laser can be increased.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:42:14 am by Tavik Toth »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: August 23, 2012, 10:56:20 am »

((I'll take those bits. And do you really want your rifle to be a bomb?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: August 23, 2012, 11:06:29 am »

((I'll take those bits. And do you really want your rifle to be a bomb?))

((you never know when you might need to use it as one. Also to see whats possible and Lols))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5689 on: August 23, 2012, 12:14:43 pm »

Be the patient hunter.  I have the advantage now- no sense blowing it.

Wait for him.
You sit up and get into a kneeling position but otherwise you don't move. You hear something banging around in the store, a crushing and crunching sound but the worker is still nowhere to be seen. Hmm.

"What. How does that make sense?! I'm not buying the whole thing put together, just the parts that make it!

Gah, whatever. How much would it cost to get a MKIII without the rockets?"

"Well, it makes sense because you are a little independent consumer without all the massive discounts for buying in bulk and doing military work that the production companies have. You're also not producing them so fast and so common that you can afford to sell them with barely any profit and still make money. The only real way for you to get these parts individually is to buy them as replacement parts, and they sell those at like 150%, 200% profit because, well, they can. 

Also, why do you want a MKIII without one if it's defining features? Also it will cost basically the same because all I'm gonna do is go in back and strip the rockets off a standard MKIII"

((A laser rifle has three FC. One FC is one token. The rifle is two token.))
(( Yeah, looks like it's finally been confirmed.
Another example: the heavy gauss cannon is 10 token. It has 4 power generators, each is worth 4 tokens if bought on its own. Speaking of which, would someone here want that barrel and other mechanical stuff of the HGC?  :P ))

((I do remember there being something about laser rifles and gauss rifles being ridiculously overproduced, explaining their really low prices. The same probably applies to the heavy gauss cannon and several other weapons - they're so common that they get sold for about 75% off, while the separately available parts cost more due to being new or something.))

There are some good in game reasons, such as great amounts of already finished products and the fact that larger companies can all get discounts from eachother and make a cheaper product as a result, but the gameplay reason is that if they cost as much as their individual components cost things would be massively expensive. A battlesuit would be in the range of 100 or more tokens.

((if only I had 4 tokens. Oh and what does my character look like?))

See if the rifle can be turned into a bomb if possible, if not see if the power of the laser can be increased.

Well, the easiest way to turn your rifle into a bomb is to buy a low power nuclear weapon and duct tape it to the rifle. There's not really much inside the rifle thats terribly explosive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: August 23, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »

Hm.  He could be smashing up the food, but that's not my problem.  Doubt he's smart enough to be doing much else...unless he's making a back door.  Still probably not smart enough, though.

Keep waiting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: August 23, 2012, 12:39:11 pm »

Change Program.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:12 pm »

Bishop rested his elbows on the counter, placed his face in both palms and sighed.

"Well, when you put it like that, it does make sense. I've forgotten just how bad the system we live in can be at times. Being on the worst kind of death row does that to you I suppose."

He straightens and takes a breath.

"As to why I would want the rockets off? Well, I just feel a bit unnerved about wearing two large tanks of highly explosive fuel on my back while they have little to no armor on them. Anyway, thanks for the help."

Go find a gym to exercise in. If I can't find one, then just do pushups in the rec room or something.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:23 pm »

((@piecewise Sure, reasonable enough. Well, so the only two ways to get shiny custom stuff without paying exorbitant prices are to receive the materials from Steve or to wait for the prototype to be well-received, then to be mass-built and, finally, to reach the Paracelsus' Sword armory and to be on the list, right? If speaking of things on the scale of an upgraded variant of the battlesuit, I mean.
Oh, that, or getting a matter converter. Not that if you have one, and are skilled enough to use it freely, you would still need those petty devices.

Which reminds me: how are we supposed to be restricted from counterfeiting tokens? Just by surveillance alone? Asking because token inflation would be the last thing we'd want to happen :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: August 23, 2012, 01:07:17 pm »

((You would be stopped by Steve, who would either laugh at your antics or zap you. Either way, nothing pleasant.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: August 23, 2012, 01:14:34 pm »

((Prototyping has by and large gone very poorly in the HMRC. For instance, think back on the glorious invention that was the Willis MBL. It really was a good concept that was competently executed and could definitely make a great anti-personnel (whether said people were armored or not) weapon. Sadly, it suffered the horrid misfortune of being deployed on a non-combat mission and being too heavy for its creator to use. Nik and Nick's inventions were similarly interesting, but suffered the horrible misfortune of having their creator perish in a most unpleasant manner before even firing a shot (or, in the case of the modified exoskeleton, moving). It's a shame because several of those ideas had potential, only to ultimately be undone by nothing other than a streak of bad luck a mile wide. It seems that the gods of Fate hate inventors.))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:33:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: August 23, 2012, 01:43:22 pm »

((@Zako Well, that's what I meant by 'surveillance'. The problem is, there are areas where he cannot watch over us (and cannot even deal with it later through the suit's recordings), and he knows that, so there probably should be other measures against that as well.
Not that we are going to be told about them, but I'm just feeling too curious now to let the chance pass :)

@Harry Baldman Well, the designs are still there, Nick's picked up by Simus, and Nik's in a lonely-looking datapad lying beside the VR machines. You or I or anyone who wishes so can pick them up and use for the good of the HMRC :)
As for the Willis MBL - it uses the HGC as a chassis so if I (or someone else) really find time and tokens to buy that one for the power generators, its barrel and other parts can be put to good use in remaking that interesting weapon. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5697 on: August 23, 2012, 03:38:42 pm »

Hm.  He could be smashing up the food, but that's not my problem.  Doubt he's smart enough to be doing much else...unless he's making a back door.  Still probably not smart enough, though.

Keep waiting.
The banging and crunching sounds eventually stop and everything goes quiet. Hmm.

Change Program.
>Battle of Hexbarax
>punch many things
>Poacher
>Tinker
>Duel

Bishop rested his elbows on the counter, placed his face in both palms and sighed.

"Well, when you put it like that, it does make sense. I've forgotten just how bad the system we live in can be at times. Being on the worst kind of death row does that to you I suppose."

He straightens and takes a breath.

"As to why I would want the rockets off? Well, I just feel a bit unnerved about wearing two large tanks of highly explosive fuel on my back while they have little to no armor on them. Anyway, thanks for the help."

Go find a gym to exercise in. If I can't find one, then just do pushups in the rec room or something.
You head back into the rec room and over to the exercise area. There are a few machines there, all rather old looking and all of them look like they're designed to increase some sort of muscle mass.

((@piecewise Sure, reasonable enough. Well, so the only two ways to get shiny custom stuff without paying exorbitant prices are to receive the materials from Steve or to wait for the prototype to be well-received, then to be mass-built and, finally, to reach the Paracelsus' Sword armory and to be on the list, right? If speaking of things on the scale of an upgraded variant of the battlesuit, I mean.
Oh, that, or getting a matter converter. Not that if you have one, and are skilled enough to use it freely, you would still need those petty devices.

Which reminds me: how are we supposed to be restricted from counterfeiting tokens? Just by surveillance alone? Asking because token inflation would be the last thing we'd want to happen :P ))
Well, since steve is the one giving you tokens (even if indirectly) he knows how many you should have.

((Prototyping has by and large gone very poorly in the HMRC. For instance, think back on the glorious invention that was the Willis MBL. It really was a good concept that was competently executed and could definitely make a great anti-personnel (whether said people were armored or not) weapon. Sadly, it suffered the horrid misfortune of being deployed on a non-combat mission and being too heavy for its creator to use. Nik and Nick's inventions were similarly interesting, but suffered the horrible misfortune of having their creator perish in a most unpleasant manner before even firing a shot (or, in the case of the modified exoskeleton, moving). It's a shame because several of those ideas had potential, only to ultimately be undone by nothing other than a streak of bad luck a mile wide. It seems that the gods of Fate hate inventors.))
E actually still has that gauss/rocket rifle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: August 23, 2012, 03:46:17 pm »

Jim goes over to the exercise machines, putting his swords in hammerspace for now (nobody else interested in buying right now, anyway, from what I can gather), and offers to act as a spotter for anyone lifting weights.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: August 23, 2012, 03:59:20 pm »

"Damn."

Go investigate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 2101