_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931207 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Kinder Surpise of Death
« Reply #5460 on: August 18, 2012, 11:11:27 pm »

((I'm kind of curious now- first of all, is there any reason you're focusing on internal resilience rather than a suit or something, and secondly, why are you sticking with your body instead of getting it replaced with something hardier?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: August 18, 2012, 11:37:35 pm »

((Well, being a robot is all well and good, but it has it's disadvantages too. For example, if you are hit with a powerful EMP or enter an area where mechanical things don't work well, then you have a very big problem. Robots can also be hacked and infected by computer virus' which may cause them to go completely nuts, but you could also say the same for humans and mind control so that point is somewhat mute. Also, Bishop want's to remain as human as possible given the circumstances, so it's a good deal of RP as well.

And I plan to get a suit soon, preferably when the next mission starts so I can use the extra 5 tokens.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: August 19, 2012, 12:08:16 am »

((I'm good with the current descriptions.  You get the information out in a usable manner- beyond that, it's all up to what you're comfortable writing.))

Ahh, food.  Set a trap at the watering hole if you want to catch the big game.  Sooner or later, they all come here.

Find a vantage point that covers some of the food, preferably so I can pop out and block the door while ambushing a worker.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: August 19, 2012, 12:20:27 am »

((I enjoy having detailed descriptions and such, but you are good with the short replies and letting us ask for more detailed descriptions, although I find it a little annoying sometimes when I'm in Tinker. I like to know details about how my stuff is working, not having to ask multitudes of questions about it. Though that part is a little on me as well.

Also, one of the things I like about this is the combat system. You give descriptions of damage instead of just numbers. Instead of, say,

You take a deep breath and step through the door, [Intuition 5 Vs Thug dex 1-1 (bonus negated)] shooting blind into the corner of the room with the clearest view of the door before your body even crosses the threshold. [James Quickshot 4] (Thug -20 Hp. Target Killed) The bullet hits the sprawled out thug low in the chest, just below where the breastbone ends. The man jerks and gurgles in surprise, involuntarily putting a round in the floor as his own pistol desperately tries to rise up to shoot you. He tries for a few more seconds, the lies still.

That, you give a description like this:

The ground turns white hot beneath Jim as the entire lower half of his body becomes molten vapor. His body drifts forward for a few feet, arcs of dark, flash frozen blood trailing behind it, before hitting the ground and skidding to a stop near one of the pyramids.

I much prefer the latter method, if you understand what I'm getting at.))

(Uh, that was a horrible choice for making your point. Draignean did post the damage numbers, yes, but he also described the effect. The shot killed the target, so, in the following description James's bullet hits the thug in the heart and kills him instantly. Also, that RTD is entirely different from this RTD. Both are sci-fi, but are completely different in terms of system, plot, tone, etc. For example, here we don't have set HP or MP (for using Amps, although we do have a certain, unspecified amount of willpower that's used for that), and although I refer to Jim as a psychic sometimes for variety he really has nothing on Dominique when it comes to actual psychic powers.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: August 19, 2012, 12:29:07 am »

((The point I was trying to make is I prefer this system, without set HP, damage, etc. I may have worded that terribly, though.

And Jim's got nothing on Dom physically, too. Until he gets his full synthflesh prosthesis. She's a frakking tank.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:41:37 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: August 19, 2012, 12:47:25 am »

((What I do know is that I like pw's descriptions. For an instance, terrible wounds should be described as such, so people will forget the "Tis' but a flesh wound" idea.

Faith's gut wound on the fourth mission is a good example of brutally honest description.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5466 on: August 19, 2012, 12:50:16 am »

((I enjoy having detailed descriptions and such, but you are good with the short replies and letting us ask for more detailed descriptions, although I find it a little annoying sometimes when I'm in Tinker. I like to know details about how my stuff is working, not having to ask multitudes of questions about it. Though that part is a little on me as well.

Also, one of the things I like about this is the combat system. You give descriptions of damage instead of just numbers. Instead of, say,

You take a deep breath and step through the door, [Intuition 5 Vs Thug dex 1-1 (bonus negated)] shooting blind into the corner of the room with the clearest view of the door before your body even crosses the threshold. [James Quickshot 4] (Thug -20 Hp. Target Killed) The bullet hits the sprawled out thug low in the chest, just below where the breastbone ends. The man jerks and gurgles in surprise, involuntarily putting a round in the floor as his own pistol desperately tries to rise up to shoot you. He tries for a few more seconds, the lies still.

The ground turns white hot beneath Jim as the entire lower half of his body becomes molten vapor. His body drifts forward for a few feet, arcs of dark, flash frozen blood trailing behind it, before hitting the ground and skidding to a stop near one of the pyramids.

Heh, thats mainly because you guys don't really have hard hp numbers or anything. Because hp is really silly. The closest you all have is your invisible Will and Mind "ammo" for amps and Manipulators. And even those numbers are more just for me to keep track then anything else.

(( I think it's great, as it keeps the game from being bogged down by the amount of descripitions AND hopefully takes you less time than it would otherwise, thus allowing for this near-wondrous update frequency. We already have the option to request additional information when needed (yeah, tinker, by its very definition, and sometimes general attempts at lateral thinking/weaseling out of the already mentioned critical situations), so I can't think of anything to ask, really.
All in all, your descriptions are very... true to the spirit of ER, I think, with all the 'ask the right questions', 'tanstaafl', 'assumed unless specified', etc., policies. That sometimes gives a small headache, but makes ER so lovely hardcore in return. :P

Oh, and I also like the occasional 'no rolls' descriptions very much, though for a different reason: as far as I know, those mean that there were too many rolls to show us, and that again and again leaves me in awe of your GMing skill and the amount of preparation you do.))
Some of the no roll descriptions really have no rolls there. And sometimes they have 20. It's a crapshoot (Heh, dice pun) but generally things like choosing the random effects of something, what a randomized target hits, what item you get from the box o' capsules and the like are all rolls. For instance, Chin's feedback event was 1.roll exo, 2.roll to see what type of feed back, 3.roll to see magnitude, 4. roll to see who is hit (thats actually like 8 rolls), 5. roll to see where they're hit.

((Why do you want him to explode?  :-[

I like your style of descrition piecewise. It's short, brutal and get the point across well most of the time. We all know it's bad when someone gets sliced in half, or has their guts spilling out of them. That hotdrop really made me get the therapy to counter bleeding/loss of limbs/total organ removal. Now all I need to do is strengthen the tissue of my heart, lungs, neck arteries and my skull and spine to become REALLY hard to kill.

I'm going to have to go see the doctor about getting armor for my skull and spine...))

Bishop rolled his eyes.

"Ahhh, of course. You won't tell us because you actively want us dead, which would explain why so many people didn't make it through the service. Great.

IS there anything useful and also only remotely dangerous in there?"

>Of course there is. There are things in there that are immensely useful. There are also things that are immensely dangerous. And immensely useless. If I were you, an enterprising young lad with a fist full of tokens and a head full of crazy, I would track down the ones who have bought from him and see if you can figure out the system from what they got.

The man with the crate coughs and adjusts something on his mask before breathing deeply and coughing again.

((I'm kind of curious now- first of all, is there any reason you're focusing on internal resilience rather than a suit or something, and secondly, why are you sticking with your body instead of getting it replaced with something hardier?))
So that he can reenact the final fight scene from V for Vendetta?

((Well, being a robot is all well and good, but it has it's disadvantages too. For example, if you are hit with a powerful EMP or enter an area where mechanical things don't work well, then you have a very big problem. Robots can also be hacked and infected by computer virus' which may cause them to go completely nuts, but you could also say the same for humans and mind control so that point is somewhat mute. Also, Bishop want's to remain as human as possible given the circumstances, so it's a good deal of RP as well.

And I plan to get a suit soon, preferably when the next mission starts so I can use the extra 5 tokens.))
(you already got those tokens. I give em to you when you get back, in the debriefing. It's why people who don't contribute anything always get 5.)

((I'm good with the current descriptions.  You get the information out in a usable manner- beyond that, it's all up to what you're comfortable writing.))

Ahh, food.  Set a trap at the watering hole if you want to catch the big game.  Sooner or later, they all come here.

Find a vantage point that covers some of the food, preferably so I can pop out and block the door while ambushing a worker.

You look around the store. One side of the store has collapsed in, the roof bowed and flowing down onto the shelves like wet cloth, creating hallways of sorts. The rest of the store is a fairly standard affair, just lines of shelves from front to back with a few checkout areas up front. The front of the store used to have a wall of windows before their glass was blown out some time in the distant past. Now the entire store front is open to the world outside. The food is scattered roughly evenly about the store, in clusters of 3 or 4, or sitting alone on a shelf. Covering the exits is gonna be difficult, and you're gonna need to gather up the food and leave it, or at least some of it, somewhere where you can cover it rather then spread out all over the place like this.

(hows that?)

(Uh, that was a horrible choice for making your point. Draignean did post the damage numbers, yes, but he also described the effect. The shot killed the target, so, in the following description James's bullet hits the thug in the heart and kills him instantly. Also, that RTD is entirely different from this RTD. Both are sci-fi, but are completely different in terms of system, plot, tone, etc. For example, here we don't have set HP or MP (for using Amps, although we do have a certain, unspecified amount of willpower that's used for that), and although I refer to Jim as a psychic sometimes for variety he really has nothing on Dominique when it comes to actual psychic powers.)
Just you wait. You'll be killing men with an angry glare one of these days. If you live.

((The point I was trying to make is I prefer this system, without set HP, damage, etc. I may have worded that terribly, though.

And Jim's got nothing on Dom physically, too. Until he gets his full synthflesh prosthesis. She's a frakking tank.))
I dunno much about the game, but is she human? Because I have a hard time imagining how a human can be stronger then a robot with synth-flesh arms. Jim could literally pinch someone's head off with his bare hands and then nuke their house with his mind. Then again, thats still not that great on the sliding scale of murder in this game. Not when there are Arbiters of Peace around.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:16 am »

(you already got those tokens. I give em to you when you get back, in the debriefing. It's why people who don't contribute anything always get 5.)
((This hurts me much, but in-context...yeah.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: August 19, 2012, 12:56:56 am »

((Dom's human, but she is far from normal when it comes to strength. Or endurance, really. If 5 is normal human, consider that Dom has 9 in both.

However, the systems are both very different, so a 9 in D-22 is probably not as impressive as a 9 here would be.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:59:49 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5469 on: August 19, 2012, 01:02:44 am »

((This hurts me much, but in-context...yeah.))
When I say "Don't contribute anything" I mean "Don't turn in artifacts".

This wasn't obvious in mission, but you remember in the first mission when you fired randomly into the tower? Yeah, that saved faith's life. See, you hit the control surface for the turret with those random shots and deactivated it (It was the tablet thing that was full of holes when the rest of the team found it). Without that, faith would be dead, hit while slowly crawling, and the rest of the team would be stuck. Might have been a complete wash.

((Dom's human, but she is far from normal when it comes to strength. Or endurance, really. If 5 is normal human, consider that Dom has 9 in both.))
Ah. Well, I guess thats one difference between that and this. We don't have humans who have that kind of strength and endurance because...well, humans aren't like that. Pretty much the same reason we don't have actual psychics, just people using machines through a direct brain interface. Then again, I'm guessing she has some very good in game reasons for being so unstoppable and I'm just not knowledgeable enough on the subject to know them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:08:07 am by piecewise »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: August 19, 2012, 01:10:34 am »

(( :o

So there are events that happen when we think nothing has happened. Or...when we can't sense what has happened. That leaves all other 5 and the ongoing mission to re-read scrutiny.

Woah. :D This just got more amazing...is that even possible?))

Edit:

It was there in plain sight. And we couldn't know about it due to us not knowing anything about the structure.

This is mind blowingly awesome.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:41:40 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: August 19, 2012, 01:16:23 am »

((I didn't even notice it had been that important, but I realized something was off then. Feyri actually got some pretty good shooting rolls now and then while attacking those turrets, but there was no noticeable effect due to the distance. Then I forgot about the matter.

And good night.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: August 19, 2012, 01:30:00 am »

"Yeah, a shoebox would be great, thanks. And the padding's okay, too. Thanks!"
Take all of my items, walk away from the armory, bumping into the disagreeable-looking fellow (Bishop) in the hallway.
"Hi! I'm Timmy. Who might you be?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: August 19, 2012, 01:32:47 am »

((Dude, that is AWESOME! Definately something to keep in mind!))

"Well, you aren't COMPLETELY hostile, so that's something. Thanks."

Bishop raises an eyebrow at the man with the mask.

"You alright there? Anyway, who bought something from you?"

As he wait for an answer, he takes notice of Timmy bumping into him.

"I'm Bishop... You seem to be in a good mood, what's up with you?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: August 19, 2012, 01:40:59 am »

"What, is there something I should be awfully worried or sad about? Well, one thing that did happen to me was the... uh... thing I bought. That was pretty great. So I guess I am a bit happier than usual. Anyway, you're one of the convicts, right?"
EDIT: ((Feyri did something very awesome, immensely useful in the mission. Sadly for her, she will probably never find this out and keep spiraling into a depression.))
EDIT2: ((Since the sphere was randomly selected, I have to wonder what the roll was. If I had to guess, I'd say a 6. But, since I really don't know much about the sphere's potential applications and dangers, it could be a 1 as well.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:27:32 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 2101