_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929865 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Kinder Surpise of Death
« Reply #5445 on: August 18, 2012, 02:05:28 pm »

Bishop crossed his arms and sighed.

"And why would you want to do that? Don't tell me it's for your own amusement, because that's just stupid."
I just don't like giving the rich an unfair advantage over the poor, Mr. Moneybags.

Dodge then use tesla saber.

"DIE!"
[Dex:3+1]
You try to dodge at the last second again but can't quite make it out of the way. The creature clips you and sends you onto your back as it rolls away, already turning to go again.

"Oh. Well then, Ms. or Mrs. Armory Master, I have a question. You see, I was wondering if I get any equipment for free. Do I? Also, do you have any painting supplies, you know, paintbrushes and paints and stuff? I need 'em for... uh... an art project, yeah, an art project. Also, could I have a small box?"
Upon requisitioning and receiving free stuff, quickly retreat to barracks.
"You get a suit for free. Thats pretty much it." She says as she hands you paints of various colors, "What kind of box?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: August 18, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »

Shoot it more!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: August 18, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »

"Hey, it's not my fault they didn't do the mission objectives. Anyway, if you are so concerned about it, then why not just tell everyone and be done with it? Why do you even care about it anyway, your a computer, you have no concept of the value of wealth and you clearly don't care about us."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: August 18, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »

((Using the "you're a computer, you wouldn't understand" line on Steve?

Somebody didn't see Prometheus. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:51 pm »

((Not to mention that Steve isn't just a computer by any means, but rather an amalgamation of the brains of bitter, dead convicts that may or may not retain many elements of their personalities. In terms of humanity, Steve is only a single step or so below Jim or Lukas, I think.))
"Not a big box, a box that could hold a... uh... pool ball. Padded, preferably. And how about brushes? Could I somehow get those for free? I can return them later! Also, could I have my suit right now?"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:50:07 pm by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5450 on: August 18, 2012, 05:28:34 pm »

Shoot it more!

[con:3+1]
You take another shot at the creature with your plasma projector. This time it carves a sizable hole through its side, releasing a torrent of some sort of yellow bile. The creature slows, obviously injured.

"Hey, it's not my fault they didn't do the mission objectives. Anyway, if you are so concerned about it, then why not just tell everyone and be done with it? Why do you even care about it anyway, your a computer, you have no concept of the value of wealth and you clearly don't care about us."

>ATTENTION ALL CREW MEMBERS: Would someone mind explaining sarcasm to Mr.Bishop?

>I'm not telling you for the same reason that I'm even letting him sell potentially dangerous things to you: Not only is it amusing, but it will probably be a good way of eliminating idiots.

((Not to mention that Steve isn't just a computer by any means, but rather an amalgamation of the brains of bitter, dead convicts that may or may not retain many elements of their personalities. In terms of humanity, Steve is only a single step or so below Jim or Lukas, I think.))
"Not a big box, a box that could hold a... uh... pool ball. Padded, preferably. And how about brushes? Could I somehow get those for free? I can return them later! Also, could I have my suit right now?"
"Suits in your locker in the hanger" she says, handing you some brushes "As per boxes I got a shoebox sized one. I can give you some fabric and stuffing for padding if you want."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: August 18, 2012, 08:46:40 pm »

((I continue to be impressed on how you GM people screwing around like idiots while simultaneously maintaining the "real" game.  Bravo!))

Start searching other nearby buildings for workers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5452 on: August 18, 2012, 09:32:26 pm »

((I continue to be impressed on how you GM people screwing around like idiots while simultaneously maintaining the "real" game.  Bravo!))

Start searching other nearby buildings for workers.
It's fairly easy, least I think it is. If we had like, 50 more people it might be a bit more of a problem, but as it is, I have no issues.

You're not entirely sure if whats around you could be considered "buildings" but you go about searching them anyways. Pharmacy:empty. Pet store: Full of feral hamsters. Grocery store: empt-wait. You take a closer look around the grocery store. The shelves here are still lined with those old fashion "Food cubes", the "wave of the future" food storage that hit the market in your grandpa's days. They persevered food almost indefinitely, but they also made it all taste weird so they didn't last long. You pick one up and look through the translucent green plastic. Looks like the food is still good. This must be where the workers are getting their grub. Might be a good place to set a trap or an ambush.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask the player base this for a while: Is my method of describing actions/surrounds/everything good enough so far? I've always been a bit worried that my rather short and (hopefully) succinct descriptions might not be as good as they could be. I try to give a good description of things when first seen and then not describe them much afterwards to cut down on repetition, but I fear this may lead to rather clipped replies at times. Is everyone ok with how it is right now or would you prefer that I try to be a bit more descriptive?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: August 18, 2012, 09:46:53 pm »

((I've generally been happy with them. I know there's times when I've wanted more information, but I think they were all the sorts of things where I wanted to be specific because I had something very specific in mind, not the sorts of things where I just wasn't handed enough reasonable information.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5454 on: August 18, 2012, 09:51:45 pm »

((I've generally been happy with them. I know there's times when I've wanted more information, but I think they were all the sorts of things where I wanted to be specific because I had something very specific in mind, not the sorts of things where I just wasn't handed enough reasonable information.))
At times like that feel free to ask for more information. I don't mind explaining something that you, if this were real, could see at a glace without counting it as an action.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: August 18, 2012, 09:53:07 pm »

Is everyone ok with how it is right now or would you prefer that I try to be a bit more descriptive?
((I think they are ok and can keep going the way they are, although I generally do tend to have questions in life-or-death occasions. But those are mostly situational and also because my brain seems to need little nudges to work, like just now with the Lighteater thing.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: August 18, 2012, 10:02:26 pm »

((I enjoy having detailed descriptions and such, but you are good with the short replies and letting us ask for more detailed descriptions, although I find it a little annoying sometimes when I'm in Tinker. I like to know details about how my stuff is working, not having to ask multitudes of questions about it. Though that part is a little on me as well.

Also, one of the things I like about this is the combat system. You give descriptions of damage instead of just numbers. Instead of, say,

You take a deep breath and step through the door, [Intuition 5 Vs Thug dex 1-1 (bonus negated)] shooting blind into the corner of the room with the clearest view of the door before your body even crosses the threshold. [James Quickshot 4] (Thug -20 Hp. Target Killed) The bullet hits the sprawled out thug low in the chest, just below where the breastbone ends. The man jerks and gurgles in surprise, involuntarily putting a round in the floor as his own pistol desperately tries to rise up to shoot you. He tries for a few more seconds, the lies still.

That, you give a description like this:

The ground turns white hot beneath Jim as the entire lower half of his body becomes molten vapor. His body drifts forward for a few feet, arcs of dark, flash frozen blood trailing behind it, before hitting the ground and skidding to a stop near one of the pyramids.

I much prefer the latter method, if you understand what I'm getting at.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: August 18, 2012, 10:25:28 pm »

((Those descriptions are alright, but in the tinker I feel hopelessly lost at even trying to make anything as I can't notice the obvious on the weapons I'm holding. XD

And...we didn't know about the more certain things that we have on us until we try it, it's like wearing full combat gear with the only idea that it will 'protect' us without knowing the use of all those straps and hooks.

But it's still great! Bishop, go explode.  :P))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: August 18, 2012, 10:56:26 pm »

(( I think it's great, as it keeps the game from being bogged down by the amount of descripitions AND hopefully takes you less time than it would otherwise, thus allowing for this near-wondrous update frequency. We already have the option to request additional information when needed (yeah, tinker, by its very definition, and sometimes general attempts at lateral thinking/weaseling out of the already mentioned critical situations), so I can't think of anything to ask, really.
All in all, your descriptions are very... true to the spirit of ER, I think, with all the 'ask the right questions', 'tanstaafl', 'assumed unless specified', etc., policies. That sometimes gives a small headache, but makes ER so lovely hardcore in return. :P

Oh, and I also like the occasional 'no rolls' descriptions very much, though for a different reason: as far as I know, those mean that there were too many rolls to show us, and that again and again leaves me in awe of your GMing skill and the amount of preparation you do.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: August 18, 2012, 11:02:08 pm »

((Why do you want him to explode?  :-[

I like your style of descrition piecewise. It's short, brutal and get the point across well most of the time. We all know it's bad when someone gets sliced in half, or has their guts spilling out of them. That hotdrop really made me get the therapy to counter bleeding/loss of limbs/total organ removal. Now all I need to do is strengthen the tissue of my heart, lungs, neck arteries and my skull and spine to become REALLY hard to kill.

I'm going to have to go see the doctor about getting armor for my skull and spine...))

Bishop rolled his eyes.

"Ahhh, of course. You won't tell us because you actively want us dead, which would explain why so many people didn't make it through the service. Great.

IS there anything useful and also only remotely dangerous in there?"
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 2101