_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936076 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4875 on: July 26, 2012, 04:35:40 pm »

((Actualy that was my internet sending my uncomplete message out, my idea was that behind the counter is a way too the crew quarters, someone could theroyotically shut down steve at the control room.))
((Oh. Trouble is, Steve can see us wherever we go and deliver incapacitating shocks at will. We wouldn't get very far.))
((Well, that is the problem of attempting a mutiny on board of the Paracelsus's Sword.
But let me give you a highly hypotetical scenario. What if we were sent somewhere where Steve cannot reach us, where there is a breathable atmposphere, and a habitable colonised world outside? Now that would be a recipe for running away, especially if you'd have a person or two alongside you who happen to have the skill and the equipment required to try cutting out the shock implants.
Pity it is a highly hypotetical scenario.

Well, failing that - yes, I would suggest using the neural connector PK amp or field manipulator (or one of its 'big brothers' of the organo- PK amp/field manipulator line). The problem is that you would need to have an idea where Steve is for an attempt to dominate him, but that could be somewhat solved by first hijacking the crew's memories and vision, and you will certainly need a LOT of willpower to win a mental struggle against Steve. ))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:37:13 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: July 26, 2012, 07:07:05 pm »

Wait until cannon is fully charged, then activate bullseye mode and shoot the girl.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: July 26, 2012, 07:58:57 pm »

(Why the hell do we want to reprogram Steve, assuming it's even possible to reprogram a brain? Other than snarking at us a bit it's not like he's hostile or anything. That being said, I do want to find a way to get Jim's killswitch disabled... >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: July 26, 2012, 10:05:44 pm »

((Steve can reach us from anywhere that the implants in our spine can get a signal through to Steve. You have to remember that he's a computer, not a person, so he operates on computer terms when its comes to us which is what makes him so dangerous to us. You can't distract a computer since they can perfectly divide their processing power between tasks, a computer can see through all cameras that he can access and knows where we all are at all times via the implants and a computer will feel no hesitation to shocking us senseless because computers can't feel emotion.

I believe that the only real first step to escaping from Steve would be to somehow disable the implants without him realising that they are off. But given that they are in our spine and brain, I dout that we can do that easily, let alone unnoticed...))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: July 26, 2012, 10:29:12 pm »

((Steve can reach us from anywhere that the implants in our spine can get a signal through to Steve. You have to remember that he's a computer, not a person, so he operates on computer terms when its comes to us which is what makes him so dangerous to us. You can't distract a computer since they can perfectly divide their processing power between tasks, a computer can see through all cameras that he can access and knows where we all are at all times via the implants and a computer will feel no hesitation to shocking us senseless because computers can't feel emotion.

I believe that the only real first step to escaping from Steve would be to somehow disable the implants without him realising that they are off. But given that they are in our spine and brain, I dout that we can do that easily, let alone unnoticed...))

((Get a character with an extreme medical stat and an anomaly that disrupts communications to the outside.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: July 26, 2012, 10:42:33 pm »

(( I've thought of it, and I think there is something like a self-destruct (or just electrocution overburn) system designed to trigger whenever the implants are compromised, so that we couldn't really cut them out that easily (well, I am not saying that brain surgery is an easy thing, it is just that way the task would be even more difficult).
As for disabling the implants without Steve noticing that, two approaches can be taken, I believe: either we could try tinkering with the implants themselves, in attempt to disable the shock-delivering parts but leave the transmitter ones intact (remotely and without compromising the integrity of the implants for best chances, I  guess, which implies the use of some PK amp or field manipulator - many can be used for that, the most obvious one being the matter converter one), or we could build up a non-conductive membrane enveloping the implants - with the use of that fabulous organo-tissue dominator PK amp, most likely. The first approach is more straightforward, while the second one might seem more dangerous, but it doesn't mess with the implants' inner structure and thus is less tricky. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: July 26, 2012, 10:45:38 pm »

((Or enter a pocket dimension where we can't communicate with Steve.

Oh wait.

Given that our suits last a few years, and we did some surgery in the cold air, we could be free. Steve would assume the mission went south after a week or two and would send the ship somewhere else. We would then emerge, free men and woman))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: July 26, 2012, 11:02:46 pm »

((Only for him to detect your signals when you leave the dimension. Also, you're going to need food and water for those weeks in hiding, so where are you going to get those?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: July 26, 2012, 11:06:58 pm »

((I find this discussion funny.

Edit: But then again, basic gamer impulse: if it exists, I must be able to kill it; if it is locked, I should be able to unlock and so on.))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:24:27 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: July 26, 2012, 11:25:22 pm »

((Just lost a big post due to not having accustomed to the recently changed browser, so I'll try to be quick.

@Orb Well, I have pointed out the same.
The problems are: the implants may kill the person the moment we start doing anything to them, the implants may be secretly ticking down to a planned electrocution say, two weeks from now unless Steve sends the cancelling signal, the supplies won't last long, and we'd have to try raiding the outside world for supplies, hunting and cooking the local wildlife, or cannibalizing either our fallen or the unlucky search team, dispatched to find out our whereabouts (not like the last option is disturbing to some members of our team; yeah, that person).
The positive aspects are: breathable atmosphere, terrain features (the all-enveloping darkness) ideal for hiding, the back-up team might be sent thus giving those on board the chance to escape as well.

In a nutshell, we have pretty good chances this time. It's up to you whether we should take them or not.

@Caellath I guess this is more about another basic gamer impulse - to beat and finish the game if the opportunity presents itself. And despite the fact this game is a role-play one, that impulse is justified by being an in-character goal - for the majority of our characters, at least. ))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:19:29 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: July 27, 2012, 06:21:14 am »

((Careful. Steve may not chose to shock you. He may just fire you. Out an airlock. Have fun sucking vacuum.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: July 27, 2012, 08:14:23 am »

((Alternatively: Suicide Bombing. Who wants to be a martyr? Seeing as how anailater is going to provide an endless stream of perpetually dying dudes to the HMRC...))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: July 27, 2012, 09:12:15 am »

((Hey! I am only doing what my hard headed suicidal depressed character would do, and if i don't find what i'm looking for i'll go back into stasis.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: July 27, 2012, 10:11:12 am »

((A journal left conveniently out for you to find? What is this, The Elder Scrolls? :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4889 on: July 27, 2012, 10:44:02 am »

"Hmm, I suppose that would make sense."

Have the doctor describe both procedures to me, then ask if he can do something to increase reaction time for paitents. Then ask how the sub-dermal armor is coming along and how much it will roughly cost to have the therapy done.
"Both similar. Both coat and interlace bone with harder substance. Mechanical with artificial substance, therapy with organic. Mechanical generally more effective, but must be manually replaced if damaged. Organic regrows. Easier initial process. Not quite as effective.

Reaction speed difficult to modify in pure organics. Limited by speed of chemical reactions. Possible, but requires intensive therapy. Changes brain chemistry. May have undesired effects.

Armor therapy complete, but untested. Needs a test subject. Would be free."

While Jim waits for customers, he stubbornly attempts to sharpen that claymore once again! And the katana too, if that's possible.
[handi:3-1]  Again you beat the claymore randomly with the stone, causing no noticeable change in anything but your own temperament.

[handi:6-1] Through very careful use of the sharpening stone and a great deal of patience, you manage to put an edge back on the katana and get it up to a reasonable sharpness. 

5cm long.
Then remember what problems I ran into last time.
I believe the problem you were running into was two fold: first that they weren't injecting because the fluid wasn't being pushed or pumped in, and second that it was just dribbling out through the needles all the time.

Brother Lars frowned worse.  This was just getting infuriating.

Gouge out her eyes.
[dex:5]
[girl dex:3]
[str:4+1]
[girl end:6]
[girl dex:6]
[girl str:6]
You grab the little girl by the head and jam your thumbs into her eye sockets, then curl them up and pop both her eyes right out of her head.

The girl doesn't make a single sound as you to this, but her hands move with sudden purpose, little fingers copying your actions as they dig into your eye sockets, wrap around your eyes and rip outwards. She doesn't stop there though, she squeezes and continues to yank, crushing your eyes and ripping the optic nerve violently out of your skull.

[end:3]

You fall to the ground, screaming, as blood pours out of where your eyes once were.

"Why would it be suicide? I just want to know her body a little more so I can praise her the right way." :P

Keep reading the next book, ask Steve.

>Oh, well in that case why don't you just go ask her to take her clothes off for you. I'm sure she'd be more then happy to.

The next chapter is called "The Book of Water" and mostly deals with specific sorts of cutting techniques for the sword, as well as continuing to espouse the importance of remaining fluid, unpredictable and versatile in any situation.

Wait until cannon is fully charged, then activate bullseye mode and shoot the girl.
You wait for the cannon to charge and then activate the bullseye mode just as it hits 100% charged. The world seems to slow to a crawl and fade red as you focus on the distant target, everything else  going out of focus.
[con:bullseye 5]
The force of the shot pushes you several feet back, your locked arms and legs digging deep groves as the glowing spike of light from the cannon screams out toward your target. Your target and everything in roughly a 30 meter diameter vanishes in a burst of light.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 2101