_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936194 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #4755 on: July 23, 2012, 07:09:24 pm »

"Oh dear.  Yes... let's see... should I start with, with my birth?  Or just the f-first thing I can remember?"

((You have just signed a contract guaranteeing you extreme pain.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: July 23, 2012, 07:10:28 pm »

"Oh dear.  Yes... let's see... should I start with, with my birth?  Or just the f-first thing I can remember?"

(Why is Bishop trying to maim Mesk, anyway?)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: July 23, 2012, 07:18:55 pm »

((Because he is becoming somewhat unstable and will be haunted my visions for the foreseeable future. Also, he really hates Mesk.))

Bishop's eyes narrowed.

"Let me refresh your memory then. You got me addicted to painkillers with that overdose on the asteroid, kicked me in the back when I had it thrown out of alignment, which was EXTREMELY painful to say the least, you mistreated my teammates with the same attitude and doubtless you have also done something horrible on the mission you were in recently.

I have just recently been to the doctor to help cure my addiction, that you forced onto me by the way, and had a treatment that now will make me see the odd hallucination for the rest of my life. I was on a table with tubes sticking into me, talking to a sheep with a melting face that was telling me to kill you before you do the same to me, all the while you were on the roof with your head on backwards and winking at me."

Bishop took a breath and rubbed his eyes.

"I am seriously considering its words. I will also take this time to remind you of where you are. If I kill you, noone will care, noone will stop me, noone will remember you and noone will give a damn about what you think or say. So if I were you, I'd think over your next words carefully."

Bishop gives a small smile and speaks in an innocent tone.

"What did you do on your last mission?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: July 23, 2012, 07:21:30 pm »

((You should kill him first.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: July 23, 2012, 07:38:42 pm »

Brother Lars ponders.  This longcoat may be just what he needed.  Hmm... what could be done to increase its effectiveness against lasers?  Some sort of woven-in crystals that would diffuse the light energy?

Get cost/specs of Civic Defender longcoat.  Look up ductilecrystals or materials that could be woven into its construction- price that out as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:01 pm »

Lukas just stood there for a while, examining the doctor before he spoke. What is this guy all about? "Doctor, I've done what you asked. I've killed your other test subject. Now, I am smart enough to know that killing that thing doesn't repay the debt you warned me about before my...transformation. However, I feel that it bought me the right to know more about your plans with me." Lukas paused and looked at the palms of his hands before speaking again. "Why did you do this? What exactly is in it for you?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: July 23, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »

((You should kill him first.))
(By ramming him at low speed?)

"You're killing me... going to kill me... because the drugs told you to?  R-right... anyway, anyway, the first mission together.  I don't know if you've, noticed, but, uh, I'm not, I'm a little accident-prone.  The painkillers... well, I fixed you, didn't I?  You're, you're going to complain because I didn't leave you to, to die?  Because you don't like how I, how I, how I fixed you?
Er.  Anyway.  Same thing on my last mission.  I made mistakes.  I made, made good choices too.  I rescued a little girl whose, whose parents died.  Under my care.  Then I made a me-shaped hole in a, uh, wall, but that's not important.  Pleasedon'tcarvemylungsoutwithafork."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:15 pm »

Bishop huffed and looked strangely relieved.

"Well done, you just saved your life and spared yourself considerable discomfort. I don't really WANT to kill you, I'm a pretty nice guy all things considered, I just felt obliged to is all. And just so you know, being killed by me should be a good thing compared to the stuff we'll run into on a mission."

He nodded and stood upright again.

"You also make a good point. We all make mistakes, it's only human to do so. Consider the slate wiped clean between us, just make sure not to make too many stupid decisions in the future, our lives are on the line after all. Now I'm off to talk to an actual doctor about a possible treatment for my visions. See you later."

Head back to see the doctor about possible fixes for my visions. Also ask if there's anything he can do about increasing reaction times.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: July 23, 2012, 08:16:05 pm »

"Well done, you just saved your life and spared yourself considerable discomfort. I don't really WANT to kill you, I'm a pretty nice guy all things considered, I just felt obliged to is all. And just so you know, being killed by me should be a good thing compared to the stuff we'll run into on a mission."

"You also make a good point. We all make mistakes, it's only human to do so. Consider the slate wiped clean between us, just make sure not to make too many stupid decisions in the future, our lives are on the line after all. Now I'm off to talk to an actual doctor about a possible treatment for my visions. See you later."

Head back to see the doctor about possible fixes for my visions. Also ask if there's anything he can do about increasing reaction times.

((Huh...That wasn't too bad.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: July 23, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »

((Sometimes honesty is not the best policy. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:28 pm »

((It's like he said, he's not a bad person, he's just been put in multiple bad situations. That tends to put even good people on edge, depending on the situation. That and he values humanity, and making mistakes is part of being human, so Mesk really did say the right thing.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: July 23, 2012, 08:33:11 pm »

((That and a little fairy told Bishop Jim would rip him in half if he did anything to Mesk.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: July 23, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »

((Nahh, not really. He's not really fazed about crippling injuries anymore, not since the healing therapy. And all the space fairies have been caught and dissected by the doctor by now, so there is no such thing as fairies in the future.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4768 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »

Jim set that aside and continued making swords, according to this list...

1. Another reiterpallasch
2. A katana, because someone probably wants one
3. A claymore
4. A macuahuitl
5. A kilij
6. A bolo knife
7. A gladius
8. A xiphos
9. A falcata

(I'm not sure if I have enough scrap metal for all of them, but hopefully I can make a few.)
We'll assume that you take some time between each sword, rest, and regain your mental faculties. Also keep in mind that you could probably melt down any complete sword and try to remake it.

Alright, lets see here.

sword 1
[exo:4+1+1]
[exo:5+1]
Your next blade comes out fragile but insanely sharp.

[Exo:4+1+1]
[Exo:6+1+1]

You attempt to form a katana but end up just bashing the metal to pieces.

[exo:4+1+1]
[exo:6+1+1]

Same thing happens again

[exo:2+1+1]

And again.

[exo:4+1]

And a-fucking-gain

That's better. This ones a bit dull, but some sharpening will fix that. 

[exo:5+1+1]
[exo:5+1+1]

Failure.

[exo:2+1]

Didn't even heat it up enough that time.

[exo:2+1]

And again.

A dull claymore, but a claymore none the less.

>Error in list. Macuahuitl requires prismatic blades, not metal.

Risk it.  I could probably do the cover shot thing, but I don't want to waste more laser.  Also, it makes it more exciting!
[Dex:2]
You leap for the mirror...and fall flat on your stomach like a cat on ice.
[hunter con:5]
You don't have time to curse your terrible coordination before a slug catches you in the temple.

Game over.

Brother Lars ponders.  This longcoat may be just what he needed.  Hmm... what could be done to increase its effectiveness against lasers?  Some sort of woven-in crystals that would diffuse the light energy?

Get cost/specs of Civic Defender longcoat.  Look up ductilecrystals or materials that could be woven into its construction- price that out as well.
Well, you could weave in the fibers that a battlesuit uses, but they're gonna make it heavy.

Lukas just stood there for a while, examining the doctor before he spoke. What is this guy all about? "Doctor, I've done what you asked. I've killed your other test subject. Now, I am smart enough to know that killing that thing doesn't repay the debt you warned me about before my...transformation. However, I feel that it bought me the right to know more about your plans with me." Lukas paused and looked at the palms of his hands before speaking again. "Why did you do this? What exactly is in it for you?"
The Doctor turns to look at you and you notice that every other doctor and nurse in the room does the same in a single, synchronized motion.

"Progress."

The doctor seems a bit busy with the enormous metal giant he's talking to. Hmm. Guess you could wait a minute.

"They will be their own doom."

The sheep is back, standing around beside you. Its black eyes glace up at you.

"Salvation lies in blood."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: July 23, 2012, 10:18:14 pm »

The Doctor turns to look at you and you notice that every other doctor and nurse in the room does the same in a single, synchronized motion.
((DAMN IT DOCTOR.))

"Salvation lies in blood."
((Oh good, this'll be healthy.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 2101