_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930575 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Place your bets
« Reply #4605 on: July 20, 2012, 03:19:45 pm »

((Away from all the death, molestery and insanity. At least the molestery bit.))
((Away from Milno and Mesk. Huh. She should stay away from people with M-names. They all want to molest or kill those close to her.)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: July 20, 2012, 03:22:17 pm »

((What? Milno was nice to her. He gave her half a cupcake, and punched Mesk in the face for her.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: July 20, 2012, 03:23:41 pm »

((What? Milno was nice to her. He gave her half a cupcake, and punched Mesk in the face for her.))
((I'm not going to search through the thread for it, but Milno just did that to "get the girl", which where I'm from usually refers to romantic intentions.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: July 20, 2012, 03:26:31 pm »

((I'm not going to search through the thread for it, but Milno just did that to "get the girl", which where I'm from usually refers to romantic intentions.))
((Maybe he was trying to display how good he was with kids for AM? :P

More seriously, he meant get her as in get her away from Mesk and transport her elsewhere. Not that I don't approve of the other interpretation. :3

And I still say letting her be collectively raised by the HMRC would end either awesomely or horribly. Possibly both.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: July 20, 2012, 03:28:11 pm »

Brother Lars fell out of the stasis pod onto the hard ship floor.  He stood, shook the remaining fluid off, and kneeled, offering a quick prayer of thanks for a safe trip.  Rising, he searches the containers and puts on the basic ship clothing, and wanders out into the hallway.

When someone passes by, he inquires as to where he could find basic supplies, and is directed to the armory.  Thanking him, Lars heads on to the armory.  He approaches the woman at the counter.

"Blessings of the Gazer to you!  I presume this is where we get supplies?  I would like some simple cloth and a sewing kit- these garments provide cover, but I believe I could be wearing better.  Also, do you have something I could use to produce pamphlets?"

Ask for the above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: July 20, 2012, 03:28:38 pm »

And I still say letting her be collectively raised by the HMRC would end either awesomely or horribly. Possibly both.))
((How would it end awesomely? Giving a small orphan to a group of homicidal maniacs? Awesome?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will never understand you.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: July 20, 2012, 03:32:52 pm »

((Cross posted from the mission thread, since I'm not actually on it:))

((@Caellath Neither I nor my character would argue over that ban of yours (though for different reasons), but I should point out that the only real way to use the manipulators (as well as practice medicine, let us face it) safely is to get a dynamic bonus to the appropriate skill. 'Having experience' (= having at least +1 to the corresponding roll, right?) just means that instead of having a good chance to be, say, cooked alive instead of the intended target we are likely to get cooked alive together with the said target. ))

((How does one get a dynamic bonus?  I've only seen them for crafting.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: July 20, 2012, 03:34:18 pm »

Call over a doctor.

"Hey!  Lesser medic!  I need a robot arm!  And an estimated time of recovery!  And, and, and a spine!  Oh, and I need, um, to be connected to the VR machine.  Stat!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: July 20, 2012, 03:44:19 pm »

((How would it end awesomely? Giving a small orphan to a group of homicidal maniacs? Awesome?
((If all went well, she'd become a little mercenary girl, raised among soldiers and growing up to become a hardass. :3))

((How does one get a dynamic bonus?  I've only seen them for crafting.))
((That's the only place we've seen them, as far as I'm aware. Arguably you might be able to get them for other things in precisely the same way- running VR sims on it until you know exactly what you're going to do- but obviously that'd be of very limited use for just about anything except crafting.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: July 20, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »

((Away from all the death, molestery and insanity. At least the molestery bit.))
((Away from Milno and Mesk. Huh. She should stay away from people with M-names. They all want to molest or kill those close to her.)
(( Uh, does that include Maurice? Well, I suppose yes - after all, at some point he wanted to kill that very close to her person that kidnapped her and murdered her parents. Okay, just one of them, and that was by accident. :P

@Toaster Those exist in the mechanics of the game, so they *might* be acquired some way for other skills. It is just that I don't know any such way yet.

@IronyOwl, Spinal_Taper Actually, as I believe I have said, I agree that raising her collectively as a unit would've been fun. For us, at least.
And no, we are not homicidal maniacs - at least, not actively and purposefully, and not the majority of us. We are just very much misunderstood, and, okay, crooked. And looney. But that doesn't make us homicidal maniacs, right?
But yes, being raised by the 'normal' people which comprise the regular crew would probably be more fun for the girl, and, generally, would be better for her.
EDIT: Ninja'd! Yes, exactly. :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: July 20, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »

((If all went well, she'd become a little mercenary girl, raised among soldiers and growing up to become a hardass. :3))
((Great, let's rob a small child of her innocence and youth, then make her work for us, ripping people apart and being turned into robotic monstrosities.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: July 20, 2012, 03:50:54 pm »

(Masons not a mass murdeing psycho......... yet)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: July 20, 2012, 03:54:38 pm »

((My opinion is that the girl should be left in a planet for some time. Then the Paracelsus' Sword could make a short trip somewhere and back, and when the ship retrieved the girl, she would already be older and able to kill Mesk with her own hands if so she pleased.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: July 20, 2012, 03:54:54 pm »

Brother Lars fell out of the stasis pod onto the hard ship floor.  He stood, shook the remaining fluid off, and kneeled, offering a quick prayer of thanks for a safe trip.  Rising, he searches the containers and puts on the basic ship clothing, and wanders out into the hallway.

When someone passes by, he inquires as to where he could find basic supplies, and is directed to the armory.  Thanking him, Lars heads on to the armory.  He approaches the woman at the counter.

"Blessings of the Gazer to you!  I presume this is where we get supplies?  I would like some simple cloth and a sewing kit- these garments provide cover, but I believe I could be wearing better.  Also, do you have something I could use to produce pamphlets?"

Ask for the above.

((My character is not going to like Brother Lars. Expect to be showered in confetti if you give her a pamphlet.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: July 20, 2012, 03:56:22 pm »

((My opinion is that the girl should be left in a planet for some time. Then the Paracelsus' Sword could make a short trip somewhere and back, and when the ship retrieved the girl, she would already be older and able to kill Mesk with her own hands if so she pleased.))
((Or be a dried out corpse.))
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 2101