_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934492 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 6 recruiting
« Reply #4335 on: July 18, 2012, 12:16:16 am »

((Could I request the list of deceased and survivors, with their current status [pertaining to appendages lost and such], and if Jim or Milno made it out?  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: July 18, 2012, 12:18:34 am »

((Could I request the list of deceased and survivors, with their current status [pertaining to appendages lost and such], and if Jim or Milno made it out?  :P))
((Jim and Milno are fine, Kyle lost all of his body and is a head on a robot. Travis was semi-dead but was revived with a loss of one point in dex, I think.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: July 18, 2012, 12:27:24 am »

((Jim and Milno are fine, Kyle lost all of his body and is a head on a robot. Travis was semi-dead but was revived with a loss of one point in dex, I think.))
((Also Mesk's pelvis and spine were shattered. Yes, again. Yes, by Jim.

Also Thrak and Lukas are fighting to the death, so that might count as an imminent casualty either way.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: July 18, 2012, 12:28:25 am »

((Yes. Travis fared a lot better than Kyle. Anyway, going to be interesting trying to figure out how Travis will react if Milno refuses to give him back his gun.

-Sigh and have a secret hate for Milno?
- Get over it and try to move on (unlikely with his big ego)
- Buy, let's say, a bomb, and try to kill Milno in blind rage?

Time will tell!))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: July 18, 2012, 12:32:59 am »

May sits in Thomas's lap, the dress acting as an improvised covering. "Open your zipper."
Thomas complies hesitantly.
"Is this a good idea?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: July 18, 2012, 12:36:55 am »

((@Orb: I don't even see a reason for that. Milno returns the things from people that didn't die, you just have to ask in-character. Of course there will be the obligatory snark before he returns it. And if Travis asks about what happened, Milno won't hide he was the one who shot him dead.

And I'm still considering whether Milno should actively seek Maurice, tell him about how Mesk killed the girl's parents purposefully and then watch both medics duck it out.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4341 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:19 am »

"I won't let you down, Doc-man!"

Fire a rocket slug at the giant, then charge with the cleaver!

((I hope he meant right now!))
Both Thrak and Lucas arrive at the infirmary at about the same time and a nurse directs them through the door into the back and down a hall. She leads you to a pair of door with faith standing around outside of them. She gestures to the doors and leaves, showing faith the way out.  You both head in and find the doctor standing in the center of the room, holding a rather massive looking metal bat.

"You two." He says, pointing the bat at both of you before resting it on his shoulder again, "I made you both from very different designs." He points at Lucas and directs him to come over to him Lucas obeys and the Doctor places him at one side of the room, facing Thrak who is at the other side. 

"You," He points the bat at Thrak, "Close range. You", he indicates Lucas, "long."

A set of three men in orange uniforms come into the room as he speaks, each of them carrying one of Lucas' weapons. They place them at his feet before leaving.

"Both sophisticated killing machines." He leans on the bat and adjusts his glasses. "But I'm only really interested in having one test subject. So, which ever one of you can manage to kill the other will have that privilege."

For a moment Lukas was stunned by the whole situation. Here he was standing in front of another of the doctor's abominations and now he had to kill him? "Wh- What? You mean...Like now??? Lukas wasn't ready to get violent on his opponent right away, but being afraid that the other guy might think otherwise he activated his laser drones and used his bullseye mode to lock on to his opponents torso, while readying the gauss gatling gun in his right arm for the shot. If he makes a move, Lukas takes the shot.

Do the above

Lukas releases a swarm of drones and raises his arm while Thrak does the same.
[Lukas con:bullseye:5]
[Drone con:6]
[Thrak con:4-1]

Thrak's rocket slug clips of Lukas' shoulder as both Lukas and his drones open up. A spray of hypersonic rounds slam into Thrak's chest and lasers crisscross his body, cutting a glowing lattice of random gashes across him. Thrak collapses backwards, knocked to the ground by the force of the Gatling gun, his chest armor badly torn, revealing the machinery beneath.

((See, the armory master actually cares about something. She doesn't seem to like the death of innocents.))

Milno stares at the metal box and the cupcake blankly for a moment. It is not difficult to know why he would do that, since there is no explanation why someone or something would give him a gift. Or at least objects that seemed like gifts.

"Thanks, let me see..."

Carefully open the metal box and check what is inside. If the cupcake's candle happens to be lit, then take off helmet and blow on the flame to extinguish it.

"I also don't have any idea on who sent this..."

Inside the box is something rather odd. You put it on. It's a gauntlet of some kind, of unknown origin but clearly not normal. It appears to be made of simple, metallic polygons that don't so much shift with the user's movements as they seem to instantaneously change into a different configuration. Gives the illusion of a crudely formed metallic sculpture of a hand, constantly in flux, flickering between configurations as the user moves it. Weird.

You take off your helmet and blow out the candle on the cupcake.

"Whatcha wish for?" The armory master asks.

AI, one last request, if you can: Have it so the airlock is continually trying to depressurize, if it isn't already. That way, any acid produced shouldn't have enough time to break into my suit.

Open the bottle of ClF3 and pour a very, very small amount into the beaker, using the funnel to make absolutely sure none gets spilled. If it reacts, immediately get away from it. It should be such a small amount that any acid released, when spread through the airlock, shouldn't harm even the tinfoil armor of the MkI.
[handiwork:5]
You carefully pour a small amount of the very angry fluid into the beaker via the funnel. Whew. So good so far.

"Steve, what exactly happened with the mission after the killer got me?"

Attempt to get up. If I can actually do stuff without extreme pain, head to the briefing room for the next mission.
(sorry, you're gonna have to sit this one out. Keeping that human head means slower recovery time.)
>Lets see here. Murder, murder, murder, slapstick, murder, murder, town wide holocaust, and thats it.

+2 Strength and Charisma, +1 Intelligence.  +3 to Medical Tech.  Hello, automatic +2 to medical rolls!

"Um... it's ok, you're ok.  I won't put you into a medically-induced coma or set you on fire or anything like that.  You're on a heavily-armed spaceship - in space! - and surrounded by the baddest asses to ever commit horrific criminal acts and be essentially sentenced to death.  You're completely safe here, there's no need to be scared."

She just keeps staring. Er.

Thomas wanders into the breifing room, looking flustered. When he sees May, he visibly relaxes, sits next to her, and begins hover-handing. With his free hand, he types out a message to Milno.
"Could you give me my gear back when you get to the breifing room?"
((The AM smiled at Milno. He's got it made.))
Lick Thomas.

You lick thomas. Where you lick him will be left up to your collective imaginations.

((Alive and well. I'll volunteer for the next mission, with people who weren't on the last mission taking priority over me. That's assuming we have slots left, I only skimmed.

Also, am I getting my gun back Caellath? :P.

So, bonuses.

+1 Dex, +3 Charisma, +1 Strength.
+1 Speech, +1 Medical Tech, +1 Handiwork

I assume that's our stat bonuses))

"Ugh....Steve, what happened? Why did I black out?"

>Milno shot you in the back of the head. You may have some gaps in your memory, we had to cut a few bits out to remove the effects of the killer's amp. Also you have a metal face. That too.

(I was hanging out with my family for the past four days and have no clue what's going on in either thread, except that apparently Mission 5 ended in failure. *shrug*)
(Jim didn't do much of note, except punching Mesk through a wall and shattering his spine.  Again.  Caellath has your character down pat.)
((The team faffed about killing civilians and burning things down. Several team members were mind controlled very, very briefly or fought off mental control. Then the SK grabbed Kyle, did something to his field manipulator (while Milno cut him in half, incidentally) and threw it into the air. The result was a rapidly heating and expanding sphere, vaguely similar but much less severe than that star business.

Immediately thereafter, the laser fence turrets began going down. Apparently it's not hard to disable them if you know how and aren't afraid of a massive shock. One went down first, so everyone started going for it, then the others began going down, and finally the manipulator went full force and roasted everything that was left of the town.

Nobody died permanently and the mission was a failure, obviously, since the SK is either dead or could be anywhere. Competent people are going to go hunt him now, I guess.

As far as the ship goes, May got a dress with a see-through chest and no less than two different people are working on weaponized hats. Also Lukas and Thrak are fighting to the death highlander-style and the little girl who's parents were murdered and then life was saved is staring at Mesk. Always staring.))
Just another day in ER.

(Thanks, Irony. :D I guess I'll avoid the little girl for now, since she's probably going to have recurring nightmares about Jim for several years if not the rest of her life...

...but if Jim gets permakilled somehow I'm turning in a character sheet for her. >.>)

Jim headed to the barracks and sat down in a corner, his arms around his legs and his head down, and entered hibernation mode for now.
You head to the barracks and curl up in a corner. You dream of electric sheep.

((Haven't read what I missed yet, but am I too late to join the next mission?
Also, jeez, what a fuck-up. :o *goes back to reading mission thread*))
You are the 8th. Head to the briefing room.

((Somebody PLEASE tell me I haven't missed the IN on the next mission.

Because I want IN
))
And You're the 9th. Get going.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:54 am »

((@Orb: I don't even see a reason for that. Milno returns the things from people that didn't die, you just have to ask in-character. Of course there will be the obligatory snark before he returns it. And if Travis asks about what happened, Milno won't hide he was the one who shot him dead.

And I'm still considering whether Milno should actively seek Maurice, tell him about how Mesk killed the girl's parents purposefully and then watch both medics duck it out.))

((More like watch Maurice go full on Doctor on Mesk with his instrument while Mesk is still strapped down, being repaired.))

Knowing that it won't react with the equipment, go ahead and pour the rest of the chemical until the needed amount is reached, then carefully, using the funnel again, pour it into the grenade body. Cap with fuse and arming mechanism, and reseal chemical container.

Even a 8-year old could do this, 4-year old if it's an A-I. Still, easy does it, no need to get sloppy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:52:56 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: July 18, 2012, 12:47:17 am »

"But it wasn't for looks, I was trying t-..."

Feyri heard a ping coming from behind her. It seems the return team has just arrived. She turned around to look at Milno once more.

"I'll talk to you later, in reality.

"And, thanks."

Finalize Modified Gauss Rifle: Everything I proposed [Extended Barrel, Sniper attachment...], without the capacitor and the bayonet.

Go to the Armory Master and request a Combat Shield. And the price on my modified Rifle.

Check token count.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: July 18, 2012, 12:47:35 am »

(Is there a bigger Butt Monkey than Mesk in the entirety of the Rouletteverse?  (The answer is no.))

"Hey, come on, no need to be shy.  Why don't we start with... what's your name, little girl?  Um... hey, computer guy, are there any sim scenarios full of fluffy rainbows and colourful unicorns?  Something to make a little girl feel better?"
Wait for a doctor (not THE Doctor) to come by and ask them for a brain-controlled robot arm.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: July 18, 2012, 12:50:28 am »

Thrak's rocket slug clips of Lukas' shoulder as both Lukas and his drones open up. A spray of hypersonic rounds slam into Thrak's chest and lasers crisscross his body, cutting a glowing lattice of random gashes across him. Thrak collapses backwards, knocked to the ground by the force of the Gatling gun, his chest armor badly torn, revealing the machinery beneath.

Lukas picks up his semi-auto rifle and aims for Thrak's head. "I am truly sorry about this." Lukas opens fire.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: July 18, 2012, 12:55:46 am »

Lukas picks up his semi-auto rifle and aims for Thrak's head. "I am truly sorry about this." Lukas opens fire.

((Did we ever find out where Thrak's braincase is anyways? A headshot might not be the best way to kill him, though it will disable him a little by taking out some cameras.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: July 18, 2012, 12:56:46 am »

"Oh, excellent!" Charro saves all of his hat designs, (the hat-launcher, the gas-hat and the two unfinished variants of the throwing-blade-hat) quickly exits the VR, pops his current, un-modified hat on his head and hurries off towards the briefing room.
'Perhaps someone already in the mission would be able to... Modify my hat a little?' So thinking, he skids to a halt, frowns thoughtfully for a moment before sprinting off towards the Armoury, instead.

Seeing the touching scene taking place at the counter, he will slow his steps and pretend to read a sign on the wall until they're more or less finished talking, then saunter over and apologise for interrupting. 
He nods uncertainly to Milno. "Erm, good to see you made it back in one piece!" Then he turns towards the AM.
"Sorry to bother you again, miss... But er, I had a look at possibly making this hat you gave me more funtional. (I never realised VR tinkering was so much fun!) Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to... Well, how to put it together for real. How much would it cost me? As long as it doesn't take too long, got a mission briefing to get to and all."

>Head to the Armoury, try not to be too much of an interruption, and ask the AM what would be required to get the hat designs working.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: July 18, 2012, 12:58:49 am »

Um... hey, computer guy, are there any sim scenarios full of fluffy rainbows and colourful unicorns?  Something to make a little girl feel better?"

((It's pronounced 'el es dee'))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: July 18, 2012, 12:59:43 am »

Um... hey, computer guy, are there any sim scenarios full of fluffy rainbows and colourful unicorns?  Something to make a little girl feel better?"

((It's pronounced 'el es dee'))

((And I think of "Meet the Pyro" for some reason.))
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 2101