_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927503 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3420 on: June 30, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »

((Ehehehehe... Man, I am glad you joined.))

How about all three? But if that fails, focus mainly on absorbing and dispersing force, followed by dispersal of heat.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: June 30, 2012, 10:54:46 pm »

Travis woke and exited the simulator.

Ugh. This ship again. I was hoping I was dreaming.

Sighing, he made a resolve to get off this flying metal can as quickly as he could.

"Steve, could I preemtively volunteer for the next mission? I'm sick of the color gray"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: June 30, 2012, 11:44:06 pm »

^^

((Look at the orange appliance!))

>Firing circuitry, as in the circuits that control when and how the magnetic coils fire. You'll need to modify the programing so that it fires continuously while the laser is firing.

"So...the magnetic coils are the ones that control the laser? I thought it was a static emplacement.

"Hm, I should've gone with my Rail Gun idea..."

Summon: Screwdriver, mechanical kit, training dummy, Bot Bishop, Bot Milno and explode another Tesla Sabre.

Ask computer for tips and help on the configuration of these magnetic coils.

"How do these gauss coils work anyway, computer? I...haven't serviced anything like these in a long time."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: July 01, 2012, 05:20:19 am »

"Cigs, and most drugs for that matter, are free." the lady behind the desk says as she flips a page in her book.
"Then I'd like a pack, and a lighter if that's free too. And while I'm here..." Gorat studies the armory lists suspiciously, thinking. Tokens? Five? I think it's five tokens. The officer'll tell me if I'm wrong. She doesn't seem hostile, just disinterested. "... I should get mission equipment. Laser rifle, Microwave PK Amp. Where can I go test them out?"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3424 on: July 01, 2012, 11:06:08 am »

We'll start accepting people for the next mission. We need 10 again.

Jim headbutted the man in an attempt to stun him and create enough distance for him to retaliate with a stab of his own.
[Dex:5]
[man dex:3-1]
[str:2]
You slam your forehead into the man's skull, but he seems completely oblivious to it.

"Hmm.  I was worried this might happen."

Back to Tinker!  And try to think of a way to inject the chemicals when needed, using a mechanism small enough to fit in the framework I already have.  Also remove the barbs from the needles and just let them be firmly attached, consequences of re-using needles be damned!
[int:5] The easiest way to do it would no doubt be to replace this vial system with syringes and then add an actuator to press down on the plunger of each syringe. Combine that with a pressure sensor, so the system could tell when you've pressed the needle into something, and everything should be golden.

You remove the barbs from your needles.

Test them on duracrete blocks, and anything else commonly used for buildings.
Well, the laser and gauss rifle work relatively well against most building materials, though the laser is pretty slow to burn through them, and the gauss rifle tends to need several shots to penetrate. The kinetic amp can do a heck of a lot of damage with a good blow, though all that exploding supercrete, glass and metal shards aren't exactly healthy when you're standing that close. The blade carves a nice, usually pretty clean cut through the hard materials, but causes violent shredding and exploding of others.

Thrak nodded.  The excitement was racing through his mind- a blade like that needed a name, but that'd come later.

"Rad.  Any other tricks or tips, mang?  What's with the apron?  Meat cleaver... like a butcher?"
"Overdrive and long cleaver. Use them together."

He takes a long look at you and then nods. "Yes. A butcher. Fitting, I think."

How about all three? But if that fails, focus mainly on absorbing and dispersing force, followed by dispersal of heat.
Well, there's impact gel, which is designed to absorb force, but it's not very good at absorbing heat. Then again you could always just use a layer of Ether-gel, the stuff thats used to insulate the standard suits, under the impact gel.

Travis woke and exited the simulator.

Ugh. This ship again. I was hoping I was dreaming.

Sighing, he made a resolve to get off this flying metal can as quickly as he could.

"Steve, could I preemtively volunteer for the next mission? I'm sick of the color gray"

> Well, the current mission will be back soon, so why not. Head to the briefing room.

^^

((Look at the orange appliance!))

>Firing circuitry, as in the circuits that control when and how the magnetic coils fire. You'll need to modify the programing so that it fires continuously while the laser is firing.

"So...the magnetic coils are the ones that control the laser? I thought it was a static emplacement.

"Hm, I should've gone with my Rail Gun idea..."

Summon: Screwdriver, mechanical kit, training dummy, Bot Bishop, Bot Milno and explode another Tesla Sabre.

Ask computer for tips and help on the configuration of these magnetic coils.

"How do these gauss coils work anyway, computer? I...haven't serviced anything like these in a long time."

>The coils control the flow of the free electrons that generate the laser. Actually, wait, why exactly are you doing this again? Free electron lasers use an electron source and magnets to generate a laser, but you're going to have to use a modified laser source to generate electrons to generate a laser? The hell are you doing? Why are you creating a large, expensive and inefficient laser when cheap, efficient ones are readily available?

"Cigs, and most drugs for that matter, are free." the lady behind the desk says as she flips a page in her book.
"Then I'd like a pack, and a lighter if that's free too. And while I'm here..." Gorat studies the armory lists suspiciously, thinking. Tokens? Five? I think it's five tokens. The officer'll tell me if I'm wrong. She doesn't seem hostile, just disinterested. "... I should get mission equipment. Laser rifle, Microwave PK Amp. Where can I go test them out?"

"Cigs are self lighting, just strike the tip like a match. We got HMRC standards, blue smokes, mellows, twitchers, vision sticks. We also have some Earth-3 cigars and special blends, but those cost ya. "

She hands you a laser rifle and what looks like a ticket stub.

"Take that to the infirmary, they'll install the amp for you."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: July 01, 2012, 11:18:41 am »

((I'm signing up for the next mission))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: July 01, 2012, 11:29:20 am »

"Cigs are self lighting, just strike the tip like a match. We got HMRC standards, blue smokes, mellows, twitchers, vision sticks. We also have some Earth-3 cigars and special blends, but those cost ya. "
"Guess I'll take a pack of standards and blue smokes." Gorat answers.

"Thanks, officer." Gorat is pretty certain he went by the infirmary on his way to the armory, so he traces his way back to find it. Should he find the doctor present, he'll greet him and present the ticket stub. "G'day doc. I'm here for implanting a Microwave PK Amp?" As he says this, it occurs to Gorat that the Armory Master hadn't answered his query about testing the weapons. Well, I'll see in due time.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: July 01, 2012, 11:42:24 am »

Travis heads to the briefing room

"Steve, could you give me a quick briefing on my likely team mates for this mission, and their dominant qualities? Given how last mission went...I'd like to avoid some of the more adventurous types"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: July 01, 2012, 12:07:44 pm »

"Hmmm... Promising."

Design a armor plate made of the following: 1 real good heat resistant plate with the strengthening fibres woven through it, make it at the very least as good as the stuff from the suits, and under that place a plate of some high strength armor that lets force go right through it, then under that make a layer of Ether-gel and under THAT place a layer of Impact gel. The plates are 3/4 of an inch thick each, the Ether gel is 1 cm thick and the impact gel is 1.5 inches thick. Test the setup for how much heat it can withstand without damage, and then how much force and then crushing it can withstand.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: July 01, 2012, 12:17:13 pm »

"I am Torso, more than a God, equal of a man, less than a potato."

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:47:51 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:30 pm »

(How much longer am I going to be out of commission?)
Very well, syringes actuators and pressure sensors it is.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: July 01, 2012, 12:31:49 pm »

((I'm in the mission.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: July 01, 2012, 12:35:22 pm »

((Skill ups in the mission thread please. It helps the GM find them faster.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3433 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:26 pm »

((I'm signing up for the next mission))
Then say so in character and drag yourself to the briefing room.

>Ivan
The carapace has thicken over time, grown into larger bands of heavy, bone white chitin. that wrap your arm and continue to spread. Similar plates cover your hands like armored gauntlets, forming great talons on your finger tips. What little flesh is visible between these plates has grown black and tough, as thick and resistant as the suits you wear. The entire arm itself has begun to elongate, and is a good 8 inches longer then it's twin. The smaller carapace has spread across your entire body, and the large, complete carapace has taken your whole right arm, and part of your chest and shoulder up to your neck.

"Guess I'll take a pack of standards and blue smokes." Gorat answers.

"Thanks, officer." Gorat is pretty certain he went by the infirmary on his way to the armory, so he traces his way back to find it. Should he find the doctor present, he'll greet him and present the ticket stub. "G'day doc. I'm here for implanting a Microwave PK Amp?" As he says this, it occurs to Gorat that the Armory Master hadn't answered his query about testing the weapons. Well, I'll see in due time.
The Armory master slides two packs across the counter and you take them before heading off to see the doctor in the infirmary. A rather average looking, stocky brown haired man greets you, informs you the head doctor is busy, but offers to install the amp for you himself. One bout of anesthetic later and you find yourself stumbling out of the infirmary with a bandage on your head. Huh, guess that went well.

Travis heads to the briefing room

"Steve, could you give me a quick briefing on my likely team mates for this mission, and their dominant qualities? Given how last mission went...I'd like to avoid some of the more adventurous types"

>I'll save you the trouble. Assume everyone is a complete idiot that will get you killed if you ever trust them with anything more dangerous then a spoon. A dull spoon.

"Hmmm... Promising."

Design a armor plate made of the following: 1 real good heat resistant plate with the strengthening fibres woven through it, make it at the very least as good as the stuff from the suits, and under that place a plate of some high strength armor that lets force go right through it, then under that make a layer of Ether-gel and under THAT place a layer of Impact gel. The plates are 3/4 of an inch thick each, the Ether gel is 1 cm thick and the impact gel is 1.5 inches thick. Test the setup for how much heat it can withstand without damage, and then how much force and then crushing it can withstand.
We'll just use the battle suit armor for that outer layer, since it's pretty much what you want there. Ok so Battlesuit plate on top of unreactive armor, on top of ether gel on top of impact gel.

Well, that outer layer is good enough to stop a gauss shell or two and laser rifle fire, the unreactive armor is good for a few more till it shatters from wear and tear. The gels won't really protect against anything themselves but as long as the other layers are in existence they'll do a good job of cushioning impacts and temperature.

"I am Torso, more than a God, equal of a man, less than a potato."

got it
(How much longer am I going to be out of commission?)
Very well, syringes actuators and pressure sensors it is.
You can head to the infirmary to get out of that bed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: July 01, 2012, 12:53:21 pm »

(I'm in.)

Jim overheard Steve's comment and logged out, then headed to the briefing room.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 2101