_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2038 2039 [2040] 2041 2042 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5922244 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #30585 on: January 17, 2016, 04:00:49 pm »

The black-haired woman peeked cautiously out of her room.  Seeing the sign for the armory, she crossed her arms and quickly walked to the kiosk. 
"...hi.  i'm sorry to bother you. i'd just like to pick up a few things."

Purchase/acquire the following: force infuser, combat knife, infinite multitool, 10 pounds of scrap, Milno-plate helmet, 6 3-foot steel poles (preferably already sharpened at one end), a datapad, and backpack.

Inquire about a tool to fairly quietly, and passively, charge a force infuser over time, perhaps some sort of vibrating implement?  please don't make a vibrator joke.  If it's free, get it.

Can I make a small stake driver out of scrap, specifically to quickly charge a force infuser?  Can it impart a large amount of force in exchange for an ungodly number of cranks?  If yes to all these questions, make it and crank it.  If I need additional items to craft this, what exactly is required?

This, plus goop grenades.

no no no, please, i'm so sorry i'm so sorry i'm so sorry
The young woman's eyes widened as she listened to the broadcast.  After a moment, she wordlessly sat in a corner, brought her knees to her chest, and placed her arms around her legs.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:02:39 pm by Nunzillor »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30586 on: January 17, 2016, 04:45:39 pm »

The black-haired woman peeked cautiously out of her room.  Seeing the sign for the armory, she crossed her arms and quickly walked to the kiosk. 

Purchase/acquire the following: force infuser, combat knife, infinite multitool, 10 pounds of scrap, Milno-plate helmet, 6 3-foot steel poles (preferably already sharpened at one end), a datapad, and backpack.

Inquire about a tool to fairly quietly charge a force infuser over time, perhaps some sort of vibrating implement?  please don't make a vibrator joke.  If it's free, get it.

Can I make a small stake driver out of scrap, specifically to quickly charge a force infuser?  Can it impart a large amount of force in exchange for an ungodly number of cranks?  If yes to all these questions, make it and crank it.  If I need additional items to craft this, what exactly is required?

This.

The young woman's eyes widened as she listened to the broadcast.  After a moment, she wordlessly sat in a corner, brought her knees to her chest, and placed her arms around her legs.
A soft voice beggins speaking.
are you okay.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30587 on: January 17, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »

Hearing the announcement, Maurice stopped in his tracks and calmly closed his eyes with a hand. There was no smile on his face anymore. Then, he continued his brisk walk towards the briefing room, while typing out several messages on his wristpad.

Quote from: Maurice->Milno
I'm really, really sorry to hear that about the Armory Master. How is she?
I... might be partially responsible for all of that. But I want you to know that I'm really, really sorry for how it might have affected her in particular.

Quote from: Maurice->Lars
I have a lot to talk to you, but I fear we might not have the time. I'm sending you a file with my notes on the goddess I serve, and wish to bring to the Pantheon, as we discussed. If I cannot do it myself, please bring her in as my final request. If I can, let us later discuss it and compare notes.
File attached: MSanctor_on_Mistress

Quote from: Maurice->Pancaek
Well, it seems we have screwed up a lot this time, friend. I will do my best not to bring anyone else down the pit of responsibility; though I fear I might actually take you on your earlier promise. If so, I have but one request in addition to what has already been said: Do not let me die easily.
It may sound strange, but I believe in struggle to the death, and so might even put up some resistance in the end - please forgive me this futile gesture. It's that my faith dictates me to avoid taking the easy path to death at any turn of the life road; I'd rather take a long and painful death than a quick one, as you promised me. That is my request.

Oh, bloody Medicine... Was it all to your enjoyment, I guess?
... I see. Oh yes, I see.
And I weep. But I will play this role you gave me to its end. Would that please you?..

((The "file" is an IC justification for me to make up things later. I'll add it to the wiki as a separate page, sometime later.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #30588 on: January 17, 2016, 05:05:30 pm »

Inquire about a tool to fairly quietly charge a force infuser over time, perhaps some sort of vibrating implement?  please don't make a vibrator joke.  If it's free, get it.

This.

are you okay.
Watery eyes look into yours.  "i... i'm okay.  i just— i think i fucked up.  i'm so sorry.  I'm terrible, i'm so awful!  i'm sorry."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #30589 on: January 17, 2016, 05:07:01 pm »

Quote from: pancaek -> Maurice
If it comes to that, I'll do as I promised. If it comes to that.

I think I can honour your request if it comes to it. Something like a fistfight to the death against a sod?

As discussed in IRC, buy a white mask with an intergrated Id Manifester for 20 tokens. Then make sure I'm calm and put it on and see what happens. Make sure to observe manifestation.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30590 on: January 17, 2016, 05:11:13 pm »

This.

are you okay.
Watery eyes look into yours.  "i... i'm okay.  i just— i think i fucked up.  i'm so sorry.  I'm terrible, i'm so awful!  i'm sorry."
....other people....fucked...up you did nothing wrong.
Abigail Sits on her knees in front of you.

Nunzillor

« Reply #30591 on: January 17, 2016, 05:24:13 pm »

"n-no, that's not what they— i don't think i'm making much sense right now.  i never wanted this to happen... "  She wipes her eyes.
"do you... do you t-think we can save them?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30592 on: January 17, 2016, 05:27:17 pm »

"n-no, that's not what they— i don't think i'm making much sense right now.  i never wanted this to happen... "  She wipes her eyes.

Abigails eyes begin to tear up.
....i...can't save anything....that was important to me....there most likely been dead for a while...but if we want to save...our universe...i-i don't know but w-we need to try.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #30593 on: January 17, 2016, 05:30:44 pm »

after hearing the message Aphra stops in her tracks, tears forming in her eyes.
"So much for justice, so much for freedom" she says in a broken voice.

"I for one refuse to forget humanities home, I choose to remember and pass our story to future generations." If possible Aphra goes and gets a tattoo of a sun with a handprint in the middle on her back, to represent the original sun of the original home of humanity.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:39:52 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Nunzillor

« Reply #30594 on: January 17, 2016, 05:46:24 pm »

Abigails eyes begin to tear up.
....i...can't save anything....that was important to me....there most likely been dead for a while...but if we want to save...our universe...i-i don't know but w-we need to try.
"maybe— y-you're right, i— there's always hope."  She takes your hand and squeezes it gently.  "if we work t-together then maybe...!  maybe we just need to h-hold on to maybe."  4 tries to smile.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:25:08 am by Nunzillor »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30595 on: January 17, 2016, 05:48:26 pm »

Abigail Squeezes back small tears getting past her closed eyes
Y-Yeah and the first thing we gotta do is convince steve.

Nunzillor

« Reply #30596 on: January 17, 2016, 05:59:47 pm »

"is that the man with the g-green voice?  i want to ask him if there's anything we can do, or if we c-can at least try to bring everyone with us..."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30597 on: January 17, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »

"is that the man with the g-green voice?  i want to ask him if there's anything we can do, or if we c-can at least try to bring everyone with us..."
Yeah he's the Ai computer thing from the Announcement he's clearly going to try and evacuate people and there's tons of people onboard in like....tubes? But yeah w-we can do this i-i mean I'm just a kid and I'm f-fine.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:06:05 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #30598 on: January 17, 2016, 06:04:33 pm »

Report for debriefing as before
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nunzillor

« Reply #30599 on: January 17, 2016, 06:13:03 pm »

Yeah he's the Ai computer thing from the Announcement he's clearly going to try and evacuate people and there's tons of people onnoard in like....tubes? But yeah w-we can do this i-i mean I'm just a kid and I'm f-fine.
The woman seems a bit shocked at the mention of an AI.  "O-oh... that's a-amazing, i didn't know that was possible!  but... how can you be so b-brave?  that's pretty amazing too.  people call me 4... what's your name?"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:14:36 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 2038 2039 [2040] 2041 2042 ... 2101