_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1930 1931 [1932] 1933 1934 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929882 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #28965 on: July 14, 2015, 10:49:41 am »

Suggestion for name: Cthunkan.

what just happened? everything tastes like bad tea.

Question: are the controlling minds separate? For instance, can we do the same thing with them as one can with manipulator brains, just switching them out as we use amps with each? Or is that something we're welcome to find out?

Also, what about Fate? Is that a mental stat?

You're one brain, so no.
Put on Balaclava, track down Tyrar, give him a token and ask him to look at my face and describe what he sees ((Yeaaah, Vincent is going to spend most of his on ship time in his room for his own safety, not gonna risk getting caught in other people's experiments xD))
He doesn't recognize you.

Buying Expanded Capacity (Dex)
wiki
Return Pimp Cane for 5 tokens. If it won't sell for 5, keep it.
Additionally, gather my belongings and head to wherever Joker team is leaving from.

Wiki, return it for 5 tokens.
GONNA DO SOME CRAFTING STUFF. Remember that laser cannon I made from scrap parts? I'm gonna add more scrap parts to it.

I have 3 suits lying around in my locker. Graft their heating and cooling systems to the cannon to prevent any temperature related problems.
One of them still has its generator, so add that too for slightly more power.

Flint gave me an armoured drop pod door. Add a handle and some straps to make it into a shield.
Add a detachable mounting point for it to the front of my cannon, sort of like a panzerschreck.

Wiki this too
Eddie slinks into the rec room, as much as a midget with a dented helmet wearing a space suit and perched on running stilts can while brandishing a grenade launcher
"Hey. Hey, big guy. Wanna buy something cool?", he addresses the chattering oddity.
You head to the rec room to talk with the strange new person.
Continue testing of cubes and twirling of swords.
This isn't specific!

I'm gonna buy MK-III and The Counter Pressure Suit Underwear for it, and wear both right away.
Wiki

(New character sheet.)
Spoiler: Character Woo (click to show/hide)
Good enough for me.
Buying shit!
Obtain:

Free stuff:
a Whole bunch of bluesmokes
length of Rope
small poles/poking sticks
Three syringes full of Happy-Knock-Out-Stuff (Don't tell anyone, but these should be able to punch through MCP1 at the neck joint, right?)

Not-Free stuff:
Use Milno's loan of Five Token along with my Five tokens to buy Enhanced Capacity [Exo] Preferably get a description of the installation.

Wiki

The description would probably be very similar to others. Ie, strap you to a table and jam a bunch of needles and shit into you.
"Sir Maurice, I heartily accept your invitation to be on mission. Just give me some time to prepare some medical supplies, as I am apparently the medic now, and I should be ready to go."

Buying Things: Advanced Kit, Grab a free collapsible ten-foot pole or the like if possible. Han had learned some things about what to expect on missions, and it seemed to involve a lot of involuntary amputations.

Walking up to the armory master, Han buys the goods, and then inquires, "Madam, I was wondering if there was anyone on board who offered formal training in melee combat? Since I arrived here, I've been wanting to find a new instructor."
The wiki'ing continues.
Sprry about trying to drag you to the infirmary. From my perspective you looked a bit insane, and I was just trying to help out. If you want, I'll get you those clothes you asked for.

Get some plain white clothing for an eight foot tall humanoid, and bring it back to the Rec Room

Done

Assuming I'm in, Go get an advanced kit, and see if I can get that program that lets you see your teammate's suit vital sensors? Volunteer for the colony mission.

Edit: (Indecisiveness is fun.)
Wiki

Tek ignored the commotion coming from the other end of the ship.  Whatever was going on, it was probably safe over here and could wait until later.

"Can't you tell Tek anything about the origin of these brains?  Surely others are worried about it too, right?"

Ask AM.  Get toolbox full of generic tools if free.  Buy 5 token brain.  Buy MCP2 suit.  Equip 5 token brain.  Draw comb on MCP2 torso and equip it.  Then, go to medical stockpile and pick up emergency kit if free.
You get some simple tools. Wiki the rest. Also the medical stockpile refills existing kits, not creates new ones.
So do I exist in game yet?

Name: Ben Neutro
Appearance:Caucasian Human, Light Blond Hair, blue eyes, 6' tall, Notoriously average in almost every way, exception a thick luxurious beard.
Personal information:One of the frozen criminals from onboard the ship. Offences include rioting and breaking into goverment buildings.
Reason assigned to HMRC OR Reason to join ARM: A criminal who is joining pretty much because he is here going with the flow.
Stats; Strength +1, Intuition -1. All others 0
Skills; Unconventional +1, Exotic -1. All others 0

Hey everyone, hope you add my character to an upcoming mission.
Wiki the newbie
Walks to armory.

pauses deep in thought while stroking beard

"I'd like to get a few items please. Could I have a Monoatomic Razor, a blaster pistol, and a kilo of Aster-Ex with short range detonator please. And as many frag grenades as 1 token will buy me"

Hands over 5 tokens
Wiki the newbie's purchases

"Anyone mind giving me a concise explanation on what the hell is going on here?"
*Puts BS hands in front of him*
"Aliens."
Too concise?

How much for a battlesuit sized monoatomic force blade bayonet?
4 tokens
"yep. friable wishes are yours, good sir. don't kill us please."

Handoff now included in previous action!
"Yeah, yeah. You know I don't like to do work when I don't have to. Well, good luck with..." He waves his hands vaguely in the general direction of the monstrosity, not really indicating anything in particular "...whatever it is you've got going on. You'll need it."

Accept the pills. If pills are handed over peacefully, go and deposit pills in the care of miyamoto, who is stuck in the hangar because he is fat. If the monstrosity gets violent, activate stealthskin and get some distance, then rip it apart with mass amp.

"Well that tends to happen when I'm constantly either planning missions for you lot or outright doing them myself. Whadda'ya want, that I take heavy surgery and be reduced to a paraplegic in a wheelchair so we can share drinks in the bar and tell war stories like the seasoned veterans we are pretending to be?"
Miya rubs his temples for a second. When's the last time he slept again?
"... You know, that doesn't sound all bad, right now. Lord knows I could use a drink. Or ten."

"Well I don't know, we could always drag a projector into the hangar and watch a movie or something. Also, this thing is ugly as hell. Pretty big too. It may, may, not be completely useless."
We'll assume you get those pills despite the acts of others.
Well the one from the dam mission was a hotdrop shuttle. It just has the grav-chutes for if and when it is shot down. The drop pods, if you remember, are literally fired from our cannons, so they're quite freaking speedy. But no, once fired you're going. And the survival rates are dependent on a lot of things, but you can't really make a good comparison anyways because we've used the drop pods all of once (twice if you count the heph use of larger ones).

So, drop pods are faster than hotdrop shuttles then, but cannot alter course after being fired, meaning they have their own pro- and cons? Any other points we should be aware of when choosing one or the other?

Hmm well floors tend to lose a bit of meaning in colonies like this with complex 3d patterns, but Like I said, I can guide you around and there will be signs I'm sure. For the most part, think of it like this: Imagine a big bunch of grapes with a fat tube instead of a normal stalk at the center. Each grape would be one of the "Family" pods. A misleading term since they're really more like a small community then a family, but they are generally involved in the farming of food, creation of some substance or other entrance level material creation. What it is will vary by pod. These pods all connect back to the main structure, a sort of vertically oriented industrial, governmental and entertainment complex where all the materials from the family pods are processed into goods, where all the life support and similar functions are handled, and where the residents can go to do something like watch a movie or get drunk enough to forget that they live in a mechanized underground labyrinth under the surface of some shitty rock in the far end of space.
Approximate? Oh maybe 15,000. I don't have exact numbers. They don't keep a census.

Yes, that was helpful, thank you. Though I'm surprised at the very low population in there, for an entire colony. Oh well, we'll see what we get once we're down there.

Population is probably pretty close to 0 now regardless.
buy mk3-A for 8 read instructions noting anything important
Wiki
With the fun and games over with, Yancy goes ahead and buys an exo and a Sibilius, then hits the VR and loads Punch Many Things until mission time.
Wiki the buying, punch for the rest.
Lucricia nods silently, gets up, and moves to the armoury, totally ignoring the disturbing noises from the rec room, and requisitions a Monomatic Razor, Aster-Ex with a short range detonator and a belt with three HE grenades and Frag grenades.
If you can pay, go for it.
Leave Auron and the Cube under the Watchful Eye of Nyars while I go check on some things.

Go to the Armory, and ask about my tinker idea and the Protectorate suit.

Tinker thing seems possible, bring it to the council. It's fine with me as the idea.

The protectorate suit...ask what?

Oh and Thadmind, part of the Gestalt, attempts to overthrow the rest of them and subsume them into himself. He, however fails quite handily, even with the help of chief.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28966 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:35 am »

The protectorate suit...ask what?
It looks like it never got transferred over to the new stat system.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28967 on: July 14, 2015, 10:55:00 am »

Welp guys. Seems we are stuck together, so who wants to watch a movie?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28968 on: July 14, 2015, 10:57:17 am »

Do you mean with Miyamoto and the generals?
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28969 on: July 14, 2015, 11:01:13 am »

Do you mean with Miyamoto and the generals?
"Could we? It would help us recover from being joined together If not we are in the rec room with a tv."
turns on the Rec room tv
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28970 on: July 14, 2015, 11:02:18 am »

If we do, I reckon me and Henk should make some apology-popcorn. Admittedly, we'd be the ones eating some of it.
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28971 on: July 14, 2015, 11:04:23 am »

If we do, I reckon me and Henk should make some apology-popcorn. Admittedly, we'd be the ones eating some of it.
We should do that, I thin k that out of the four of us in here, that if I can keep from panicking...that we will be great friends.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28972 on: July 14, 2015, 11:09:44 am »

watching a movie sounds good, yes. an inspiring tale of failure from the past to show us the path to the future.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28973 on: July 14, 2015, 11:13:07 am »

watching a movie sounds good, yes. an inspiring tale of failure from the past to show us the path to the future.
terminator? Or the Thing, actually the The Thing seems too close to haibi. Perhaps something else, like a B-rate horror movie, Resident evil Afterlife anyone?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28974 on: July 14, 2015, 11:22:08 am »

Go to the armory. Mutter about the Avatar increasing in price as soon as I can afford it, then purchase the following:
  • Neural Tissue Strengthening Genemod (6 tokens)
  • MkIII + MCP undersuit (10 tokens)
  • The MkIII rocket fuel sealant (3 tokens)
  • CamEyes Implant (5 tokens)

Sell my MFM and brain back to the armory for 4 tokens. (Brain was purchased separately.)
If I notice Dubley working on his laser scrapcannon in the workshop while passing by, donate my MCP-I to his project.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28975 on: July 14, 2015, 11:27:55 am »

terminator? Or the Thing, actually the The Thing seems too close to haibi. Perhaps something else, like a B-rate horror movie, Resident evil Afterlife anyone?

i am thinking more a mission, actually. an old one.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28976 on: July 14, 2015, 11:29:14 am »

i am thinking more a mission, actually. an old one.
???
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28977 on: July 14, 2015, 11:33:14 am »

see, we can watch missions in the theater. enjoy ourselves a bit. see other people suffer.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28978 on: July 14, 2015, 11:38:23 am »

see, we can watch missions in the theater. enjoy ourselves a bit. see other people suffer.
Cool, so since none of us can leave what shall we do, set up a terms and use agreement and a date and time in which we all have our turn to do what we want?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28979 on: July 14, 2015, 11:41:43 am »

let's chill on it a while.

Suggested action for Cthunkan: go to the Theater and watch a mission from before Mission 1.

Quote from: Chief, to: Maurice Sanctor
got absorbed into giant person. won't be going on mission after all.

sorry.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:43:52 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 1930 1931 [1932] 1933 1934 ... 2101